THE BROWNS BOARD

Anybody ride one of these these?

Westside Steve

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I just bought a townie go from Electra, owned by Trek. Battery assist only meaning you have to Pedal but it's a lot easier on an incline. Plus the pedals are forward so when you stop you can put your feet on the ground.

20180809_080559.jpg

I have known you for over 50 years.....and never have seen you ride a bike.  So  WTF is up with this?

My first real new bike, from the Honda shop in Niles, Ohio, I think it was $725 new fabulous gas mileage. Had a blast on that thing in college street, trails and hill climbing.....and giving girls a ride around YSU and through Mill Creek Park.  :wub:

1970-honda-cl350-scrambler-1.jpg

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

My first real new bike, from the Honda shop in Niles, Ohio, I think it was $725 new fabulous gas mileage. Had a blast on that thing in college street, trails and hill climbing.....and giving girls a ride around YSU and through Mill Creek Park.  :wub:

1970-honda-cl350-scrambler-1.jpg

That the old CL 350? I bought the CB 350 in '71.

8566f0b3-8f96-4b5a-873c-48abac60463a_1.7

love riding the bike - this is mine, a $90.00 walmart special with loud brakes...

had to switch seats because with this original, youd get a bad case of numb nuts if you ride more than 10 miles...  

got about 1500 miles on it  just put on new tires and will toss it when the frame cracks or the cassette breaks apart 

and it may be soon..

I like the assist motor on that bike though 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I believe so....have the original 1970 sales flyer in a box downstairs along with the ON SALE tag they put on the handlebar.

Bought it in January drove it 12 months a year including for my first now required MC license in April wearing a ski parka to Canfield, Ohio, all great memories. 

.......oh edit add, it was built in October 1969 (from memory) they tried to pass it off as a newer model but I liked this paint better. There was a class action law suit on it after a loooong wait I got a check for something like  $7.47. Strange.

11 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

8566f0b3-8f96-4b5a-873c-48abac60463a_1.7

love riding the bike - this is mine, a $90.00 walmart special with loud brakes...

had to switch seats because with this original, youd get a bad case of numb nuts if you ride more than 10 miles...  

got about 1500 miles on it  just put on new tires and will toss it when the frame cracks or the cassette breaks apart 

and it may be soon..

I like the assist motor on that bike though 

Image result for bike with very large seat pics

DH--I put something similar to that on mine after continually numbing the prostate (back when I had one) on the 15 mile daily rides I did to rehab from knee surgery. Looks silly as hell but it sure works. I kept it on even after the ream job.

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My last Honda a CB 750K unbelievably smooth and reliable like most Hondas of the day. Bought it used for $1,600 sold it years later for $1,600 great crusing bike.

7ba464cea780a5704d9afa803ff9a974.jpg

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

My last Honda a CB 750K unbelievably smooth and reliable like most Hondas of the day. Bought it used for $1,600 sold it years later for $1,600 great crusing bike.

7ba464cea780a5704d9afa803ff9a974.jpg

This was my last one which I bought new in 1999 and sold about 5-6 years later. Had soft waterproof softbags on the back for longer trips. Rode it from Texas through northern NM to Telluride, Colo. then over the divide to Estes Park and eventually back home. With fuel injected engine it loved those mountain curves and never lost power even at 12,000 + ft. Finally decided a 57 y.o,. man had no business on a fast bike like that which I would often take up to about 110mph or so to get around trucks in about 3 seconds. Loved that Honda VFR 800 with linked braking system. Mine was bright red. Got it that way for better visibility than the black ones since people have trouble seeing motorcycles.

vfr_800Fi_03_r4.jpg

7 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I am trying to get into a smallcruiser .  getting Bad trade offers for my wife glide.

My son bought a used Kawasaki Vulcan 900 last year. I've really enjoyed riding it on occasion. Sure won't set the road on fire like my VFR did, but at 71 I guess I have to adjust. LOL🤣🎠

Archived