THE BROWNS BOARD

Callaway Cited for Marijuana Possession

Comeonman

34 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If you were Josh Gordon- that would get you thrown out of the NFL for life...  :)   

Positive test at the combine means he's got to be in at least stage one....   

RE: mjp's post- Strongsville is a Mayor's Court- that could be good- or bad. I 100% agree with Gipper getting popped for driving on a suspended license is gonna be way worse than having weed in the car....  (The NFL may see it differently)  As it is, Calloway showed an astounding amount of Dumb. The dipsh*t just got a $717,000 signing bonus- no reason to be driving around on a suspended license. 

EDIT: Ever hear of a thing called Uber? 

I thought calloway promised that the Browns wouldn't be sorry - something like that.

Then he gets his signing bonus, and he's set for life...for a year or two. and he doesn't care.

He got his easy money, and it's just.... dammit. He really let his team down.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm shocked that giving a kid who repeatedly has committed criminal offenses a ton of money didn't magically turn him into Tim Tebow. 

This isn't even a slam against the Browns specifically, but how we as a society coddle and enable talented athletes that have no business getting away with just about every thing, and then when they screw up again we act surprised. 

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I thought calloway promised that the Browns wouldn't be sorry - something like that.

Then he gets his signing bonus, and he's set for life...for a year or two. and he doesn't care.

He got his easy money, and it's just.... dammit. He really let his team down.

I have very little sympathy for an azzhole like that, throwing away a lifetime like it's nothing. Idiot.

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I have very little sympathy for an azzhole like that, throwing away a lifetime like it's nothing. Idiot.

he was given a really nice second chance and a hey let's turn it around and he shat in every ones faces

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Who else wants to keep all the players in a fridge until the season begins so no one fu*ks it up anymore with an injury or a silly suspension?

It's going to be a long August.

I want to put Jarvis Landry in bubble wrap until Steeler game.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

Here we f**king go Brownies, here we f**king go. Christ this team is a god damn s**tshow.

Still have all that confidence in our crackerjack receiving corps, Zombo? 

Absolutely.

Fourth round pick had pot in his car. Oh no!

But he's excelling on the field, looks like a steal ... But he had pot in his car! Sky falling!

Love our receivers, let's play ball.

Z

5 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Absolutely.

But he's excelling on the field, looks like a steal ... But he had pot in his car! Sky falling!

Z

I do appreciate your optimism. 

Looking good in training camp doesn't mean much more than nothing, but it's even worse if the guy is suspended and can't even hit the field. 

Rashard Higgins. #2 receiver for the Cleveland Browns.

Wherever he's slotted.

14 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Apparently l’m alone in being so unsurprised that l’ve moved past any kind of emotional or sarcastic response and only want to know the ramifications. I’ll give you all time to catch up. Carry on...

C'mon now.  You're not playing correctly.  You've gotta come up with something clever, sarcastic or humorous.  Remember, none of us are shocked by this.

...and I'm not blaming Dorsey.  He came to us with the obvious mandate of, "Get us to win some games NOW!"......with crap for a roster.  He HAD to take a risk or two to try and get some guys who might actually have some talent.  

------------

BTW,  I returned a little while ago from watching JUSTIN HAYWARD  of The Moody Blues.  Frickin' great!  -  He'll be sweeping across the country.  If he's coming near you, and you like The Moody Blues, go see him.  Well worth the money.  He can still hit the high notes.  3 piece ensemble.  His guitar player opens the evening with a few tunes.  Wow!  Now I wanna burn all my guitars as kindling.  :)

8 minutes ago, Orion said:

C'mon now.  You're not playing correctly.  You've gotta come up with something clever, sarcastic or humorous.  Remember, none of us are shocked by this.

...and I'm not blaming Dorsey.  He came to us with the obvious mandate of, "Get us to win some games NOW!"......with crap for a roster.  He HAD to take a risk or two to try and get some guys who might actually have some talent.  

Desensitized l guess. I don’t blame anyone. Dorsey took a shot, and it was a reasonable shot.

Calloway actually really interests me. So soft spoken and introverted, but definitely has an inner animal. 

All l wanna know is what happens next.

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

...will no longer be a part of the NFL existence after the next collective bargaining agreement

is it correct to assume the suspended license is what rendered a cops vehicle search? or who he was?  EDIT- i do read now,that the cops asked him if they could search his car. He responded Yes... car state transfer should have come with a free vacuum cleaning to get the foreign bugs out;) 

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Absolutely.

Z

Z- I don't give a crap about the weed. I alluded to it in my previous post. If your license is suspended- what in the f**k are you doing driving around at 2 AM? Brain damage? Too stupid to think cops are looking for any excuse to pull you over that time of night? 

His only hope of playing football this year is is if his drug test comes back negative....  I hope Dorsey reams his a$$ until it bleeds.   

16 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

literally a day or two after trading away a wr

This Sheet can only happen to the Charlie Browns. F'n Lucy needs to go suck a d-i-c-k and quit pulling the football away.

However on the plus side. The guy who helped Myles Garrett become as chiseled as he is, Larry Jackson, was hired by the Browns in March this year as Director of S & C. His nickname at A&M was "Black Death" because of how hard he pushed his players to be in top notch condition. I suspect as part of the interview process they talked to Myles about him.

https://www.brownszone.com/2018/08/07/browns-rookie-wr-antonio-callaway-cited-for-marijuana-possession-during-traffic-stop-early-sunday-morning-in-strongsville/

This answers it. Apparently he was placed in the substance abuse protocol with his combine oopsie, so testing positive means suspension.

I guess what l don’t get is if testing positive at the combine puts him in that protocol, how is that alone not a 4 game suspension? First offense right? 

41 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://www.brownszone.com/2018/08/07/browns-rookie-wr-antonio-callaway-cited-for-marijuana-possession-during-traffic-stop-early-sunday-morning-in-strongsville/

This answers it. Apparently he was placed in the substance abuse protocol with his combine oopsie, so testing positive means suspension.

I guess what l don’t get is if testing positive at the combine puts him in that protocol, how is that alone not a 4 game suspension? First offense right? 

Because he wasnt in the NFL at that point.

Z

15 hours ago, Zombo said:

Bring back Lew Merlotti, nothing got past him.

Zombo

😄 Not even Skippy's curve ball from the upper deck in Bottle Gate. Remember how terrified he was of Merletti? I'll never forget the day someone posted a picture of him in the wind-up with a Budweiser bottle up in the stands. I hit the deck LMAO! 

Our conversation went something like this:  "Flugel, that ain't funny - I could lose my season tickets and go to court. That guy knows everything about everybody."    I said you'll be okay. Just tell him you're coaching that curve ball to little league kids; and all the ones with the hottest moms play the most.  You can also tell him, in spite of throwing the bottle, you're teaching kids sportsmanship like "We don't shake their hands until after we've kicked their asss!"  Merletti won't want to ruin that; especially if you slip him the same type of side cake you lose betting on all the wrong teams every weekend.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know I'm shocked that giving a kid who repeatedly has committed criminal offenses a ton of money didn't magically turn him into Tim Tebow. 

This isn't even a slam against the Browns specifically, but how we as a society coddle and enable talented athletes that have no business getting away with just about every thing, and then when they screw up again we act surprised. 

You should listen to all the knuckleheads here in FL acting like how in the world does Jameis Winston NOT GET IT?  Ummmm, let's see.  The girl he raped at Florida State was told by local police that from a safety standpoint - it's not a very good idea to pursue charges against the face of their football program in contention for a National Championship. Think about that...

All TB fans were certain he learned his lesson until he groped an UBER Driver against her will.  Not to worry because THIS time he's just going to stop using alcohol moving forward.  Sound like a guy that has learned a thing in a state he's never had to? 

Ironically/moronically, one of his biggest fans hosting the sports radio show down here before the draft said all teams should stay away from Baker Mayfield's character issues. His new thing is Ben Roethlisberger also had a female victim count of 2 that we know about and things couldn't be going any better for him today.  If he didn't have Rooney saving his assss behind the scenes - he'd be rooming with Winslow today...

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

is it correct to assume the suspended license is what rendered a cops vehicle search? or who he was?  EDIT- i do read now,that the cops asked him if they could search his car. He responded Yes... car state transfer should have come with a free vacuum cleaning to get the foreign bugs out;) 

3 a.m he's black and possibly driving a nice car is why he got pulled over

I mean c'mon failing to yield to uncoming traffic ? in Strongsville ? what traffic ?

16 hours ago, jcam222 said:

So as I expected Callaway claims it’s not his weed. Had his car shipped from Florida where others had been driving it. Shaky but who knows lol. If I’m the Browns I drug test him today. If he fails nuff said. If he pees clean perhaps his story holds some water. 

Sounds like a good way to handle it to me.

14 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Does anyone know the facts of what this means for the dude if he tests positive?

l mean yeah, big dumbass yadda yadda and maybe he will get cut, but what is the NFL protocol for his current state of dimbassery for testing positive?

Or....as said above....what does it mean if he tests negative?

I am not sure that the NFL will care if that is the case.....just being caught in possession of it....even if he did not ingest it would probably trigger something in the protocol. 

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Don't want any of those palmetto bugs here in Ohio....   :D 

2 hours ago, syd said:

I mean c'mon failing to yield to uncoming traffic ? in Strongsville ? what traffic ?

Exactly, it's a typical BS excuse cops use to pull someone over when they're bored at 3AM. Burned out headlight, didn't use turn signal, weaving. I'll assume his car still had Florida plates on it- another excuse- what's a car with out of state plates doing driving around that time of night, so I'll make up some BS that's hard to refute in court. So I can stop him. Don't doubt for a second Callaway was being trailed until said didn't yield happened. 

Gip can correct me on this, but driving with a suspended license, you can get whacked with up to 6 months in jail, and a $1,000 fine.  The fine for a small amount of weed will be incidental. Past criminal charges may come into play how hard they're going to come down on him. He's also gonna get reamed for not immediately telling the team he got busted. If he comes up with a failed drug test, he just might get cut, and football career pretty much over before it started. 

3 hours ago, syd said:

I’m betting he got popped at a roundabout. Not everyone knows how to navigate those things and there’s a crap ton of ‘em up that way.

Random musings l’m seeing from not very credible sources on the interwebs seem to indicate that even if he tested positive it will elevate him to stage 2, but apparently stage 3 is where suspensions come in. 

So it very well may be true that the suspended license will be the more serious issue for him. He’s clearly on the fast track though. Perhaps a record for quickest ascension to stage 2 for an NFL player. Goals.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Don't want any of those palmetto bugs here in Ohio....   :D 

Exactly, it's a typical BS excuse cops use to pull someone over when they're bored at 3AM. Burned out headlight, didn't use turn signal, weaving. I'll assume his car still had Florida plates on it- another excuse- what's a car with out of state plates doing driving around that time of night, so I'll make up some BS that's hard to refute in court. So I can stop him. Don't doubt for a second Callaway was being trailed until said didn't yield happened. 

Gip can correct me on this, but driving with a suspended license, you can get whacked with up to 6 months in jail, and a $1,000 fine.  The fine for a small amount of weed will be incidental. Past criminal charges may come into play how hard they're going to come down on him. He's also gonna get reamed for not immediately telling the team he got busted. If he comes up with a failed drug test, he just might get cut, and football career pretty much over before it started. 

Some suspension carry the penalty you mention along with additional suspension time.  Some are not quite as harsh.  

If you want to know how I would handle it in my court, I could tell you...

but first I also need to know if he was also charged with possession of drug paraphenalia.   Often that is a double kicker.   They can charge you with possession of MJ....but also possession of paraphenalia......which can literally be anything.    The paper you roll a joint in.  The baggie you store it in.  Obviously a pipe or some such other object.   That just adds another 150 max fine charge.  Again, not really a big deal....but just more fuel to the flame.

Archived