THE BROWNS BOARD

Callaway Cited for Marijuana Possession

Comeonman

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, syd said:

105th overall pick not like we used a high pick on him whatever

True but it's rather naive of Dorsey to place the WR corps in the hands of Callaway and Gordon. He fell to the 4th round because of character issues. Good teams keep players like Coleman on the roster for contingencies like this.

and if this was in ohio, which im assuming it was since im assuming he's in camp.....u have to have over an 1/8th on u to get arrested. Thats 3.5 fukking grams. Why do u need more than 3.5 grams on u? 

These kids essentially grew up under these laws, and u can bet one ur testicles the browns, and any sports team, makes it abundantly clear to their rookies (and vets) what they better not be caught with and if u are dont have over x amt on u

15 minutes ago, syd said:

105th overall pick not like we used a high pick on him whatever

Doesn't matter. You have a guy with serious red flags and a checkered past...  yet Dorsey claims to have basically peered into Antonio's soul.   Now he looks like an butt for sticking his neck out.     

Somebody wants to take a huge risk in the 4th? Be my guest.  This team needs any marginal talent it can find for depth.  I like Dissly and Da'shawn Hand at one point.   Also Troy from Wisky.   All were available.    

Point being, it wasn't just weed this kid had issues with at Florida.    Generally people don't just act right when handed a large sum of money either.  

If he was arrested Sunday Night ... Did the Browns know this before they traded Coleman and before they let this kid have a press conference yeaterday?

I doubt it. Players are supposed to report that shit.

Bring back Lew Merlotti, nothing got past him.

Zombo

I was listening to this on the radio on the commute home this afternoon. I thought of a couple of questions.

1) Did Calloway tell the coaches & staff about this right away? Or did they find out about it this afternoon?

2) He supposed to show up in court Thursday morning...does that mean he won’t be playing in NY Thursday night?

On 4/28/2018 at 7:20 PM, Tour2ma said:

Where's cal?

It's like they took all the character concerns for an entire draft and dumped them into one pick.

Right here, alrighty. Really disappointed. He had a diluted sample at the combine, and now this? I guess he's too stupid to know what to do with his money since he got paid and buying dope is all he knows... All that talent, again, and no brains.

At least he wasn't drafted in the top couple of rounds. If you take a chance, it had better be later on.

I hope the Browns had a morals clause in his contract.

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Doesn't matter. You have a guy with serious red flags and a checkered past...  yet Dorsey claims to have basically peered into Antonio's soul.   Now he looks like an butt for sticking his neck out.     

Somebody wants to take a huge risk in the 4th? Be my guest.  This team needs any marginal talent it can find for depth.  I like Dissly and Da'shawn Hand at one point.   Also Troy from Wisky.   All were available.    

Point being, it wasn't just weed this kid had issues with at Florida.    Generally people don't just act right when handed a large sum of money either.  

i'm not gonna take a dump on Dorsey for using a late pick on a kid like this I really do not understand your whole "looking like a butt thing" he swung for the fences and missed,get over it

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and if this was in ohio, which im assuming it was since im assuming he's in camp.....u have to have over an 1/8th on u to get arrested. Thats 3.5 fukking grams. Why do u need more than 3.5 grams on u? 

These kids essentially grew up under these laws, and u can bet one ur testicles the browns, and any sports team, makes it abundantly clear to their rookies (and vets) what they better not be caught with and if u are dont have over x amt on u

Well....was he arrested....or just cited?    Media can have it wrong...or be unaware of the distinction.  I have had innumerable people come in front of me who have been cited for MJ possession.....but none have ever really been "arrested" in that they have been physically hauled of to jail.   It is basically a traffic ticket.

But, if he was actually arrested, it would mean that he would have had a large quantity.....meaning that it imputed that he had sufficient quantity to de considered a dealer. And that you can get arrested for.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Well....was he arrested....or just cited?    Media can have it wrong...or be unaware of the distinction.  I have had innumerable people come in front of me who have been cited for MJ possession.....but none have ever really been "arrested" in that they have been physically hauled of to jail.   It is basically a traffic ticket.

But, if he was actually arrested, it would mean that he would have had a large quantity.....meaning that it imputed that he had sufficient quantity to de considered a dealer. And that you can get arrested for.

According to 92.3 the fan he was cited.

3 minutes ago, syd said:

i'm not gonna take a dump on Dorsey for using a late pick on a kid like this I really do not understand your whole "looking like a butt thing" he swung for the fences and missed,get over it

Productive and solid players can be found in the 4th.  Hell, Antonio was taken just outside of the top 100 players...        Just to remind you, this kid failed a Shmucking test AT THE COMBINE.  

So how do you not understand my point?

3 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

THIS IS WHY YOU DONT TRADE COREY FUKING COLEMAN!!!!

Corey hardly saw the field and when he did was a liability to catch the damn ball.   I get the frustration over losing yet another 1st rounder, but if he was a 3rd/4th round pick that displayed these issues not a peep would be heard.  

pulled for failure to yield.cops found small amount under seat. possession misto..He is at practice today. Should get the Shane Ray treatment? puts him in nfl drug protocol..yes they knew b4 cory trade    

1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

According to 92.3 the fan he was cited.

This report also says he was cited:http://www.cleveland19.com/story/38832276/cleveland-browns-rookie-antonio-callaway-cited-for-marijuana-possession

So....OK people, lets not get your panties in too much of a bunch.

The consequences of a marijuana possession citation are a maximum $150.00 fine and costs....plus, in most courts it requires a driver's license suspension.  (the suspension is just one of those idiotic....and unreasonable draconian leftover punishments which basically the legislature says: we don't want to punish you....but we really want to punish you.).   The suspension is far more of a detriment than the fines and costs, obviously.   Of course, I understand that his license was already suspended.....so he will likely get a far more severe actual penalty for driving under a suspended license than he will for to possession charge.

But, as we all know....the REAL issue is not the legal issue.   Tony Callaway could afford a $150  fine every single day and it would not hurt him.   It is, of course, the way his employer handles these things.   Drug suspension for him etc.

But here is another clue:   What would you wager that after the next collective bargaining agreement that the NFL will not even test for MJ...and will not suspend anyone for MJ use....that it will become a complete non issue soon.

When does this collective bargaining agreeement end? 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think we have Louis anymore.   Was he waived...or put on IR?

IR for the season 

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Productive and solid players can be found in the 4th.  Hell, Antonio was taken just outside of the top 100 players...        Just to remind you, this kid failed a Shmucking test AT THE COMBINE.  

So how do you not understand my point?

I understand that calloway is a dumb A$$ it doe's not define Dorsey's job as a G.M

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This report also says he was cited:http://www.cleveland19.com/story/38832276/cleveland-browns-rookie-antonio-callaway-cited-for-marijuana-possession

So....OK people, lets not get your panties in too much of a bunch.

The consequences of a marijuana possession citation are a maximum $150.00 fine and costs....plus, in most courts it requires a driver's license suspension.  (the suspension is just one of those idiotic....and unreasonable draconian leftover punishments which basically the legislature says: we don't want to punish you....but we really want to punish you.).   The suspension is far more of a detriment than the fines and costs, obviously.   Of course, I understand that his license was already suspended.....so he will likely get a far more severe actual penalty for driving under a suspended license than he will for to possession charge.

But, as we all know....the REAL issue is not the legal issue.   Tony Callaway could afford a $150  fine every single day and it would not hurt him.   It is, of course, the way his employer handles these things.   Drug suspension for him etc.

But here is another clue:   What would you wager that after the next collective bargaining agreement that the NFL will not even test for MJ...and will not suspend anyone for MJ use....that it will become a complete non issue soon.

When does this collective bargaining agreeement end? 

I believe in 2020

Archived