Jump to content
Comeonman

Callaway Cited for Marijuana Possession

Recommended Posts

Dorsey stated in a presser "a little birdie told him" he needed to move up to land Cab Calloway..That team he may have had to jump may have been the Jets..Calloway had Private visits with Bengals(4.12).Cowboys(4.16).Jets(4.7)Browns moved up from 4.14 to 4.5 to catch a Cab. Cab also visited Eagles(4.25) at Combine...RB Nick Chubb Had Private Visits with TB(2.6),Falcons(2.26).Panthers(2.23) & met with Jets at Combine trading it's 2nd round pick..Browns took N.Chubb at 2.3 while TB ended up with a non-visited Ronald Jones at 2.6..LB G.Avery had 3 Private Visits with Zona(0 5th round pick).Colts(5.22).Ravens(5.25).Browns take Avery at 5.13..WR D. Ratley, 1 Private Visit.. Denver(6.9)Browns take off board at 6.1..  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calloway leaves day 2 of rookie camp..left leg injury..I won't even post what media is guessing thru twitter..Calloway walked with trainer to clubhouse..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all media reports agreeing on a toe injury for Callaway..severity is unknown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plant foot... probably a fascia strain.  To be expected after putting in tons of work during the draft then resting.    Don't see him pulling up like it's a hammy or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

To be expected after putting in tons of work during the draft then resting.   

Why is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is going to be a great pick, saw an interview with the kid yesterday, he seemed soft spoken and ready to put the past behind him. Grew up in rough part of Miami, single Mom ... that whole deal ... but never got into trouble until he got to college. The sexual assault count did not stick. Apparantly he smoked a lot of weed in college and used a stolen credit card to set up an account at the book store. I don't see anything he can't grow out of ... seems like an angel compared to Randy Moss at that age.

I see him as our 4th receiver, our home run hitter off the bench this year and starting punt and kick returner. Could be Gordons replacement as the #1 down the road.

Zombo

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Why is that?

I have a personal theory that revolves around over training and types of compound lifting along with adding/cutting weight and certain other things.  Then combined with periods of inactive rest that is leading to more camp injuries.     Essentially putting the body through manic highs and lows, in essence.  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I think this is going to be a great pick, saw an interview with the kid yesterday, he seemed soft spoken and ready to put the past behind him. Grew up in rough part of Miami, single Mom ... that whole deal ... but never got into trouble until he got to college. The sexual assault count did not stick. Apparantly he smoked a lot of weed in college and used a stolen credit card to set up an account at the book store. I don't see anything he can't grow out of ... seems like an angel compared to Randy Moss at that age.

I see him as our 4th receiver, our home run hitter off the bench this year and starting punt and kick returner. Could be Gordons replacement as the #1 down the road.

Zombo

no comparison between him and moss.  Moss was 100000x 'better' from a personal conduct standpoint.  

 

this is a guy who literally has 5 red flags(he actually got out of the sexual assault charge because he stated he was too stoned).  Worse than this though, his 'issues' don't pertain to just off the field.  Everyone at UF stated he was unfocused and a problem attitude on the field with the team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

no comparison between him and moss.  Moss was 100000x 'better' from a personal conduct standpoint.  

 

this is a guy who literally has 5 red flags(he actually got out of the sexual assault charge because he stated he was too stoned).  Worse than this though, his 'issues' don't pertain to just off the field.  Everyone at UF stated he was unfocused and a problem attitude on the field with the team.  

I'm familiar with Calloway. Perhaps you're not familiar with Moss?

Same type of stuff ... arrest, failed drug test, dating violence ... he turned out OK.

Glad Dorsey has the balls to take a chance on a young kid with some troubles. Sometimes maturity happens and you've got a good player on your hands.

Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Zombo said:

 Sometimes maturity happens and you've got a good player on your hands.

Z

Or not and you get JM equivalent @WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/browns-antonio-callaway-failed-drug-test-diluted-sample-marijuana-nfl-draft-2018-news/110jt72t0f84r1tcw44edtdmxq

I'll cross my fingers and hope the guy doesn't screw up again. If he doesn't we've landed a very talented player on the cheap. I do Wonder, however, how you can have in unintentionally diluted sample? Who cares if you don't own up to it if you pretend you didn't know. That seems like something you have to plan.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'm familiar with Calloway. Perhaps you're not familiar with Moss?

Same type of stuff ... arrest, failed drug test, dating violence ... he turned out OK.

Glad Dorsey has the balls to take a chance on a young kid with some troubles. Sometimes maturity happens and you've got a good player on your hands.

Z

umm no....the difference is randy moss had severe difficulties at the end of high high school career and then after high school, but after he actually got enrolled at marshall he was a great teammate for two years who was super focused on the field for two straight years in college.

Whereas Calloway...his problems just continued to get worse after he arrived at florida and he didnt have any period where he wasnt a problem since coming to florida.  He's actively continued to head in the wrong direction.  

Very very different than the moss situation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Or not and you get JM equivalent @WR.

I'll take that chance with a 4th round pick. You can always cut him.

Zombo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

umm no....the difference is randy moss had severe difficulties at the end of high high school career and then after high school, but after he actually got enrolled at marshall he was a great teammate for two years who was super focused on the field for two straight years in college.

Whereas Calloway...his problems just continued to get worse after he arrived at florida and he didnt have any period where he wasnt a problem since coming to florida.  He's actively continued to head in the wrong direction.  

Very very different than the moss situation.  

Unlike Moss, who continued his troubled  ways in the NFL (failed drug test, traffic incident, dating violence, dickish ways) I don't think Calloway has that luxury as a 4th round pick and will become exactly what we need on and off the field. Just a hunch ... I think Dorsey vetted this pick well, again, if not ... a 4th rounder is low risk.

Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Or not and you get JM equivalent @WR.

 

38 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'll take that chance with a 4th round pick. You can always cut him.

Zombo

Exactly Z, Callaway will not get the slack Manziel got as a first round pick. Dorsey likely told him- one misstep, and you're going to be pumping gas or greeting folks at Wal-Mart for a living. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Callaway resets dumbass mode and he is the steal of the draft. If he doesn't, he was a 4th round pick. Its as simple as that. With the new vet additions the locker room will be where he lives and dies. A place where we won't hear anything about. Its been over a week since the draft and we have who we have. We cant control what these guys do. Lets get some positivity in this mofo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Receivers sometimes take a little time to acclimate to the NFL.  With Callaway missing last year it might take him on the high end of 'a little time' to acclimate.  It would be nice if Coleman could chip in with some offense while we're grooming his replacement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ous said:

For chrissakes, what the hell else would he say?

I fail to see how that statement benefited Christ.

That said, welcome.

Now fix your screen name typo...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orion said:

Receivers sometimes take a little time to acclimate to the NFL.  With Callaway missing last year it might take him on the high end of 'a little time' to acclimate.  It would be nice if Coleman could chip in with some offense while we're grooming his replacement.  

Or just turn into the #15 overall player we drafted. Surely his broken hands have recovered by now. What weapons we could provide the QBs with so many skilled offensive players we have added in Hyde, Chubb, Callaway, Coleman (if he finally shows), Ratley and Njoku. We have so much potential now on both sides of the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Unlike Moss, who continued his troubled  ways in the NFL (failed drug test, traffic incident, dating violence, dickish ways) I don't think Calloway has that luxury as a 4th round pick and will become exactly what we need on and off the field. Just a hunch ... I think Dorsey vetted this pick well, again, if not ... a 4th rounder is low risk.

Z

the more dorsey researched this character, the worse it would have been.  This is *not* a T. Hill situation where a player had one catastrophic mistake/incident.  Thats a situation where you can legitimately do a little more research and collect data that shows it may have been an isolated incident.  

With Calloway, we have a guy who time after time after time does boneheaded low character stuff and there isnt the slighest bit of evidence it's getting any better.  Furthermore, his character concerns arent solely off the field concerns either(although those are certainly numerous)

I'll always take a Joe MIxon or T Hill type over a Calloway type because at least in the case of the former guys you dont neccessarily have a failure to stay out of trouble after getting in trouble.  

I will agree that a 4th rounder is pretty low risk....my argument would be that this sort of character is just the kind of guy you dont want to associate with period....even as an udfa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Justin Blackmon got wise enough to play 16 games in this drug free league. Blackmon was the 5th pick of the 2012 Draft..Jags gave up a 7th & a 4th to move from #7 to #5..Seriously here folks, we gave up pick #178 to move from pick #114 to #105..Calloway will be treated as Peppers failing the same Combine Drug test. The rules are pretty simple.This will more than likely be your last chance.Make the best of your opportunity.   

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of drug-free league...

I have to wonder if the NFL's marijuana prohibition survives the next CBA negotiation.

Hang in there boys... relief is on the way.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Speaking of drug-free league...

I have to wonder if the NFL's marijuana prohibition survives the next CBA negotiation.

Hang in there boys... relief is on the way.

Does it mean that Josh Gordon will be able to play a full season without suspensions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I fail to see how that statement benefited Christ.

That said, welcome.

Now fix your screen name typo...

Probably not a typo.   Ous is what people from the Pacific Island call themselves  (Hawaiians, Polynesians, Samoans, Tongans etc.).  Maybe this poster if of that descent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Speaking of drug-free league...

I have to wonder if the NFL's marijuana prohibition survives the next CBA negotiation.

Hang in there boys... relief is on the way.

I think not likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw on the local news - they were talking about Calloway - they mentioned he is being mentored by

other players in the league, most notably, Antonio Brown. Mayfield grinned when asked about him, and he said

"he's fast, he's very, very fast". Calloway is very soft spoken, but when they talked to him, and asked how he felt

about Dorsey taking a chance on him in the fourth round, he had a serious look in his eyes and flatly said "I won't let him down".

He also said Brown and others have told him he has way too much talent to waste it. I think this kid really believes it, and is really on the level.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Just saw on the local news - they were talking about Calloway - they mentioned he is being mentored by

other players in the league, most notably, Antonio Brown. Mayfield grinned when asked about him, and he said

"he's fast, he's very, very fast". Calloway is very soft spoken, but when they talked to him, and asked how he felt

about Dorsey taking a chance on him in the fourth round, he had a serious look in his eyes and flatly said "I won't let him down".

He also said Brown and others have told him he has way too much talent to waste it. I think this kid really believes it, and is really on the level.

I thought you had no room for people whom you felt lacked character?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×