THE BROWNS BOARD

Callaway Cited for Marijuana Possession

Comeonman

16 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Basic point is “young fuk ups can change into high functioning non fuk ups”. I did. Others have.

Jury's still out on that... ;)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Basic point is “young fuk ups can change into high functioning non fuk ups”. I did. Others have. Callaway might.  Not everyone is perfect through all stages of life. 

And best of luck to him.  But the Browns didn't draft him to be a drug/life rehabilitation center.  The drafted him and pay him big bucks to play football and follow the rules.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

True Gip- but their favorite is "weaving". Impossible to prove you weren't. 

My bet is Callaway pulled out of the gas station without stopping first, and was driving a nice car. 

EDIT: & I'll use my amateur lawyering here. That's a pretty creative use of "failure to yield" when there's no oncoming traffic. Might argue the cop didn't have probable cause to make a stop. What's your ruling Magistrate?   :)  

Without seeing a report I could not say what the cop would have articulated as being the basis of his probable cause.

If l’m being honest l didn’t know it was against the law to make a full stop before exiting a gas station, or any parking lot, and onto the road. I know you have to yield to anyone already on the road because they have the right of way, but if no traffic on the road l routinely take rolling stops out of parking lots and legitimately didn’t know there was anything wrong with that. 

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Without seeing a report I could not say what the cop would have articulated as being the basis of his probable cause.

That was supposedly the initial reason we heard about why he got stopped.  Correct? Not sure.  BTW- for us out of town guys- you can now stream WKNR- happy, happy joy, joy. Can get all the pre and post game chatter here in Dayton.   http://www.espn.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wknr-am

So, the latest from MKC- Callaway may fight the weed possession charge- sounds like it was just a roach, and if the cop tossed it, you have no evidence.  And the suspended license was a non-issue, it's since been cleared up.  Obviously tested clean too.  

18 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Basic point is “young fuk ups can change into high functioning non fuk ups”. I did. Others have. Callaway might.  Not everyone is perfect through all stages of life. 

no you and choco were comparing your problems with his I seriously doubt that your boss was on your a$$ about parting and what ever else you were up to( callaway was talked to over and over again about not being a knucklehead) there are not that many jobs in the nfl and players are scrutinized like no other unlike the rest of us in the real world 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

So, the latest from MKC- Callaway may fight the weed possession charge- sounds like it was just a roach, and if the cop tossed it, you have no evidence.  And the suspended license was a non-issue, it's since been cleared up.  Obviously tested clean too.  

Court date moved to another game night.. TNF Week 3 Jets..  https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/antonio_callaways_lawyer_conte.html#incart_big-photo   Roger sent his post.. :P!!

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

That's a pretty creative use of "failure to yield" when there's no oncoming traffic.

But THAT was the cop's invite.  He was looking for drunk drivers because it was 3 in the morning.   At that hour you are a target for cops.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:12 PM, gumby73 said:

police report shows nothing about a gun https://www.scribd.com/document/385760107/Antonio-Calloway-Incident-rookie-wide-receiver-for-the-Cleveland-Browns     weed crumbs under seat & was his license valid?  

On 8/8/2018 at 4:58 PM, gumby73 said:

Double bump^^ for us arm-chair attorneys..(1 hour police stop)

Archived