THE BROWNS BOARD

Callaway Cited for Marijuana Possession

Comeonman

On 8/11/2018 at 9:12 AM, Tacosman said:

lmao....they promoted him over corey coleman....as if that means anything.

And what game?  the games starts in 4 weeks.....

maybe Calloway will be good for a fourth rounder.  Maybe he wont.  But we sure as hell won't know until he actually starts playing.  to make a call on his performance 4 weeks before

the action starts is Retarded

What exactly was he doing against the Giants? Was he on the sideline the entire game?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

What exactly was he doing against the Giants? Was he on the sideline the entire game?

No.   His punishment was to stay out there and play almost all game.  When he put his hand up to come out they made him stay out there.

THAT'LL  LEARN  YA!

15 minutes ago, Orion said:

No.   His punishment was to stay out there and play almost all game.  When he put his hand up to come out they made him stay out there.

THAT'LL  LEARN  YA!

Haha didn’t realize that part. My point to Taco was we HAVE seen him play, and he played well. Don’t give a damn if it’s preseason, regular season or postseason. He’s fast and he can catch. 

21 hours ago, LBC mike said:

But is in the same boat as Gordon.  As reliable as a yugo that has 210k miles on it.

May yet prove to be true, but not yet.

Seems like a nice enough kid...just doesnt make smart decisions.

Hopefully a blood test shows he didnt smoke and it was a buddy who left the roach

Kid has talent for sure

3 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Seems like a nice enough kid...just doesnt make smart decisions.

Hopefully a blood test shows he didnt smoke and it was a buddy who left the roach

Kid has talent for sure

so it's just a roach now ? what the hell did I miss I thought it was reported that he had 3 grams (that would be one big butt roach)

On 8/13/2018 at 9:51 PM, LBC mike said:

But is in the same boat as Gordon.  As reliable as a yugo that has 210k miles on it.

Agree, but don't forget what Haley said to Landry.  "Keep this an eye on this guy.  I don't care if you keep him at your house, keep an eye on him.  We don't need any more trouble."

On 8/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, dawg2fan said:

Agree, but don't forget what Haley said to Landry.  "Keep this an eye on this guy.  I don't care if you keep him at your house, keep an eye on him.  We don't need any more trouble."

Believe Haley also said, "We need him."

On 8/15/2018 at 10:45 AM, syd said:

so it's just a roach now ? what the hell did I miss I thought it was reported that he had 3 grams (that would be one big butt roach)

let me buy 1 stupid question. Why would a Cop find a roach in a roach clip, rip the roach open to expose contents,than not run dna test on end of roach nor clip? Callaway goes to court 8-23-18  

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

let me buy 1 stupid question. Why would a Cop find a roach in a roach clip, rip the roach open to expose contents,than not run dna test on end of roach nor clip? Callaway goes to court at sunrise  

It is a an offense that carries $150 fine. They are not going to be running DNA test on that. He had it under his seat that is possession legally

1 hour ago, choco said:

Holy Sheet....a fine rather than a felony? Hearing people talk about him you'd think he killed a hooker and stuffed her on his trunk.

The Josh Gordon saga has ruined us all. If you narrow it down to facts, drinking an alcoholic beverage on an airplane can have dramatic consequences.

15 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The Josh Gordon saga has ruined us all. If you narrow it down to facts, drinking an alcoholic beverage on an airplane can have dramatic consequences.

I get it bleed...but most times it seems sports fans are worse than women in a sewing circle. The past does not dictate the furture. Gordon's problems do not in any way mean Callaway will have the same problems. It's a silly and childish line of thinking.

Judge these young men on their own actions, not projecting cowpoop from other onto them. Misdemeanor possession...he did not fail a test. Going into a tyraod about something that could happen, but has not, is a fools errand.

It's so easy to judge these guys, ya know?  I find myself doing it all of the time, even if I don't mean to.  But you know what I just did?  I just imagined MYSELF at 21 years old, and then immediately started laughing.  I was a complete disaster.  Sure, I just graduated college, I had some great friends, and I was trying to figure my life out, but make no mistake, I was a disaster.  How so?  The "usual ways".  My friends and I drank until we passed out, went to bars and clubs, utilized "herbal remedies", and lord knows what else.  We all went to work hungover, spent our money on booze and girls, and were mostly immature.  I can't IMAGINE what our lives would've been like if WE were under the public microscope.  Good lord, it would've been ugly.  And THANK GOD Youtube didn't exist, HAHAHAHA.

All I'm saying is, these young guys are trying to figure a lot out, and do it quickly.  Obviously I like to THINK that I would've gotten my poop in a group if I had millions of dollars at stake, but who knows?  Now, to be be fair, my friends and I didn't get involved in a fraudulent credit card scheme like Callaway did, but we probably skated the law on other occasions, LOL.  These guys entering into the NFL have to grow up quick, and have to do so in the public eye.  That's not easy, and many of them don't appear to have the solid family system that people like me take for granted.  Callaway got pulled over around 3am, and many people immediately said, "Why would you be out at that time?!  Nothing good happens!"  At first I completely agreed, and then I remembered being out at all hours of the night when I was his age, LOL. 

I'm not making excuses for people that break the law or the NFL code of conduct, but I am saying I understand it.  I'd love to sit here and tell everyone I was perfect, but I wasn't.  Granted, I wasn't a pro athlete, but still...I did some stupid crap.  There's not a lot I hate more than wasted potential.  It stays with a person until they die, and I'm hoping beyond hope that players like Callaway and Gordon can somehow navigate their way through life's trials and temptations and be the players and men that they really want to be.  

One thing to add- Callaway said there was no traffic on the road, and I tend to believe him. It was a BS stop by a bored cop on a slow night. If you don't think that happens all the time, you're wrong.

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I was a complete disaster. 

as was i jig...from the time i was 14 till about 25, only thing i was concerned with was sex, drugs, and rock and roll.  sad part looking back on it, after graduating top 15% in engineering (as an alcoholic), had i actually applied myself rather than chase skirts and drink till 4am everyday (monday was our day off...sometimes), i could have risen much higher than i am now (although, quite comfortable where i am now).  at the time, i didn't care about my future, where i wanted to be in 10, 20, 30 years...didn't consider consequences of my actions, just wanted to have as much fun as i could before i died.  

its why i cant get all butthurt about kids making mistakes. we love our team, we love our sports...but seeing some many people immediately jump Callaway for next to nothing is kinda irritating considering he is a kid learning his way through a life we all have absolutely no concept of.  easy to say what you would do if you had millions as the fully mature adults we are (most of us anyway), but give a good thinkin about a million dollars when you were 21.  

i would quite literally have died in a high speed car crash, or OD'd.

9 hours ago, choco said:

as was i jig...from the time i was 14 till about 25, only thing i was concerned with was sex, drugs, and rock and roll.  sad part looking back on it, after graduating top 15% in engineering (as an alcoholic), had i actually applied myself rather than chase skirts and drink till 4am everyday (monday was our day off...sometimes), i could have risen much higher than i am now (although, quite comfortable where i am now).  at the time, i didn't care about my future, where i wanted to be in 10, 20, 30 years...didn't consider consequences of my actions, just wanted to have as much fun as i could before i died.  

its why i cant get all butthurt about kids making mistakes. we love our team, we love our sports...but seeing some many people immediately jump Callaway for next to nothing is kinda irritating considering he is a kid learning his way through a life we all have absolutely no concept of.  easy to say what you would do if you had millions as the fully mature adults we are (most of us anyway), but give a good thinkin about a million dollars when you were 21.  

To about 25? Why what makes you think that those of us past 60 still don’t just think about those thingsI need to about 25? Why what makes you think that those of us past 60 still don’t just think about those things

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

One thing to add- Callaway said there was no traffic on the road, and I tend to believe him. It was a BS stop by a bored cop on a slow night. If you don't think that happens all the time, you're wrong.

It happens if you are black or brown more often than not at that time of night. It would be interesting to pull an experiment with similar high $ cars using different shades of people in various towns at those after mid-night hours.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

To about 25? Why what makes you think that those of us past 60 still don’t just think about those thingsI need to about 25? Why what makes you think that those of us past 60 still don’t just think about those things

lol...not that i dont still like those things, but i also learned that i love food, heat and air conditioning, warm bed....

On 8/20/2018 at 2:13 PM, choco said:

Amen

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, choco said:

fuk that the reason he got jumped on was He Fuking failed his piss test at the combine,still was drafted and then proceeds to get pulled over with weed in his car driving around at 3a.m Dude is a idiot

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

Amen

FUK a Amen if you don't think that it was not drilled in his head not to fuk up or it could cost you everything (cause you know he did not go to collage to get a education) then you are mistaken,go flip some burgers calloway cause there is allways someone who will be more than glad to take your roster spot

37 minutes ago, syd said:

FUK a Amen if you don't think that it was not drilled in his head not to fuk up or it could cost you everything (cause you know he did not go to collage to get a education) then you are mistaken,go flip some burgers calloway cause there is allways someone who will be more than glad to take your roster spot

Basic point is “young fuk ups can change into high functioning non fuk ups”. I did. Others have. Callaway might.  Not everyone is perfect through all stages of life. 

44 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Basic point is “young fuk ups can change into high functioning non fuk ups”. I did. Others have. Callaway might.

It's a maturing process.   Typically doesn't happen overnight.  He might toe the line for a while...but let him have some time go by, or a little success....and his immaturity (young, wilder side) might make appearances.  He's a risk...like Josh is a risk. 

56 minutes ago, Orion said:

It's a maturing process.   Typically doesn't happen overnight.  He might toe the line for a while...but let him have some time go by, or a little success....and his immaturity (young, wilder side) might make appearances.  He's a risk...like Josh is a risk. 

But sometimes I feel like the Browns go out of their way to make turning this team around even more difficult than it already is. Like they are trying to score style points or something. 

On 8/20/2018 at 12:42 PM, hoorta said:

I believe the cop even admitted they were looking for drunk drivers. That's all it was, just a cop taking a flyer on somebody driving around at 3am. Is it fair? Not really. But as you said...it happens. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I believe the cop even admitted they were looking for drunk drivers. That's all it was, just a cop taking a flyer on somebody driving around at 3am. Is it fair? Not really. But as you said...it happens. 

There must be probably cause for a traffic stop  (just "trolling for drunk drivers" is not enough).  On the other hand, just about anything can give the cop probable cause.  e.g.  you touched the white line etc.  The most innocuous things. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There must be probably cause for a traffic stop  (just "trolling for drunk drivers" is not enough).  On the other hand, just about anything can give the cop probable cause.  e.g.  you touched the white line etc.  The most innocuous things. 

True Gip- but their favorite is "weaving". Impossible to prove you weren't. 

My bet is Callaway pulled out of the gas station without stopping first, and was driving a nice car. 

EDIT: & I'll use my amateur lawyering here. That's a pretty creative use of "failure to yield" when there's no oncoming traffic. Might argue the cop didn't have probable cause to make a stop. What's your ruling Magistrate?   :)  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

True Gip- but their favorite is "weaving". Impossible to prove you weren't. 

My bet is Callaway pulled out of the gas station without stopping first, and was driving a nice car. 

At 3 am. F'n idiot.

Archived