THE BROWNS BOARD

Callaway Cited for Marijuana Possession

Comeonman

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

they care more about the dope charge than they do about the fact that the dude was carrying around a lethal weapon: a gun and ammo, apparently

My understanding is that it was gun PARTS and ammo.  I don't think it was an actual fire-able gun.  

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Orion said:

My understanding is that it was gun PARTS and ammo.  I don't think it was an actual fire-able gun.  

OK, see my previous post.    It can be an issue, legally.     

But...he was not charged with any gun violation charges...yet, was he?

41 minutes ago, syd said:

nothing is going to happen to him he will be lining up opposite Gordon come september

Thank you.

One of the more overblown stories of recent memory. 

Let's get Flash, Juice and Cab Calloway on the field at the same time and (finally) wreck this league.

Z

5 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Very much so. Im getting  to see exactly what we’ll be missing when he gets suspended. 

Suspended for what?

You need four pot violations before you get suspended, he has one.

NFL doesnt care about your standing with the DMV or a holster for your legal weapon which is in another state.

Z

39 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Suspended for what?

NFL doesnt care about your standing with the DMV or a holster for your legal weapon which is in another state.

Z

I was speaking of, what I believe, is the inevitability of him being suspended. I’m sure he has had many people in his ear about how he was given a chance and needs to stay clean. Then he’s found with pot in his freakin car. I hope he learns from it and that’s the end of it, but............ I’m not holding my breath. 

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Suspended for what?

Z

Z IMHO, you just can't minimize stuff like this.... He picked up strike two- in the Browns eyes (failed drug test).  Strike three, he's gone.  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/john_dorsey_antonio_callaway.html#incart_big-photo

If the a$$ reaming he certainly got from Dorsey and Hue doesn't straighten him out- his next misstep this year is a ticket out of town- and the NFL. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Z IMHO, you just can't minimize stuff like this.... He picked up strike two- in the Browns eyes (failed drug test).  Strike three, he's gone.  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/08/john_dorsey_antonio_callaway.html#incart_big-photo

If the a$$ reaming he certainly got from Dorsey and Hue doesn't straighten him out- his next misstep this year is a ticket out of town- and the NFL. 

If what I saw on the field is the real deal.. I hope he gets his head on.. My god.. him and juice on the field looks scary.. That oughta open up the running game down the road...we have to remember... this is vanilla supposedly..

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK, well they DRAFTED him after your strike one ... so this is only strike one with the Browns. Caught looking on a slider.

We'll see how Dorsey handles it on Hard Knocks. I'm sure he was pissed when the news broke, but the kid is busting ass in camp and his story holds water so ... let's get Josh in camp and crush it.

Zombo

On 8/9/2018 at 8:01 AM, Zombo said:

Rose to the top of the depth chart, made Corey Coleman expendable, are you not paying attention or just playing dumb?

Zombo

lmao.....corey coleman was expendable because he has proven he sucks.

I think Im the only one paying attention, because to me 'on the field' actually means a 4th round pick(!) showing something against actual nfl competition in a game.  But if your definition of that is good reports from the team about how well he runs wind sprints in the meaningless pre-preseason, well......

6 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

I think Im the only one paying attention, because to me 'on the field' actually means a 4th round pick(!) showing something against actual nfl competition in a game.  But if your definition of that is good reports from the team about how well he runs wind sprints in the meaningless pre-preseason, well......

Ya those NFL coaches promoting him don't know anything.

Did you miss the game last night too?

Zombo

19 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

So....... no one can be evaluated during a preseason game? Did everyone suck last night?

On 8/9/2018 at 8:01 AM, Zombo said:

Rose to the top of the depth chart, made Corey Coleman expendable, are you not paying attention or just playing dumb?

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Ya those NFL coaches promoting him don't know anything. Did you miss the game last night too?

You nailed this one, Z. Kid is still rough, but the potential was clear last nite.

Hope you are as right about his legal issues...

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

OK, well they DRAFTED him after your strike one ... so this is only strike one with the Browns. Caught looking on a slider.

We'll see how Dorsey handles it on Hard Knocks. I'm sure he was pissed when the news broke, but the kid is busting butt in camp and his story holds water so ... let's get Josh in camp and crush it.

Zombo

If you've seen my tirade in other threads, I won't get to see the Giants game in toto until Saturday night. However, did see the highlights. Yup, the guy has some talent all right. That may be in direct proportion to how much slack Dorsey is willing to give him. Can't wait to see how much of this makes it to Hard Knocks. 

If , and I agree, we can get Gordon, Callaway, and Landry on the field at the same time it's going to give opposing coordinators nightmares.

3 hours ago, syd said:

all the to do was about him having weed in the car

...and the suspended license....and the ammunition....and the gun parts (initially called 'gun parts')...and 3 in the morning...and his past offenses........all those pieces of artwork put together create a picture.

AND it could've been worse!  I mean, what's the only thing missing?  Intoxicated.  -  Driving home at 3 am on the weekend....and not drunk.   Do we owe thanks to the Browns fan cop?

--------

On 92 The Fan today, Sam Rutigliano said he wouldn't have drafted him.  He said that him & Gordon, guys like that, you never know if you'll have them for your next game.

35 minutes ago, Orion said:

......on 92 The Fan today, Sam Rutigliano said he wouldn't have drafted him.  He said that him & Gordon, guys like that, you never know if you'll have them for your next game.

Sam,  former coach at Liberty University and nice guy. 

Good character today has to be worth a lot.  Bad character can bite you at any time and be a cancer on your team,  happens quite often. 

GOOD LUCK BROWNS, they might need some here. 

On 8/10/2018 at 8:40 AM, Zombo said:

After reading that last line - I went from pus gut to 2 minutes abs.  Classic stuff! 

On 8/10/2018 at 8:55 AM, Zombo said:

Ya those NFL coaches promoting him don't know anything.

Did you miss the game last night too?

Zombo

lmao....they promoted him over corey coleman....as if that means anything.

And what game?  the games starts in 4 weeks.....

maybe Calloway will be good for a fourth rounder.  Maybe he wont.  But we sure as hell won't know until he actually starts playing.  to make a call on his performance 4 weeks before

the action starts is Retarded

13 hours ago, Orion said:

...and the suspended license....and the ammunition....and the gun parts (initially called 'gun parts')...and 3 in the morning...and his past offenses........all those pieces of artwork put together create a picture.

AND it could've been worse!  I mean, what's the only thing missing?  Intoxicated.  -  Driving home at 3 am on the weekend....and not drunk.   Do we owe thanks to the Browns fan cop?

--------

On 92 The Fan today, Sam Rutigliano said he wouldn't have drafted him.  He said that him & Gordon, guys like that, you never know if you'll have them for your next game.

suspended license and ammo will not get you suspended by the commish weed will

On 8/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, mjp28 said:

Sam,  former coach at Liberty University and nice guy. 

Good character today has to be worth a lot.  Bad character can bite you at any time and be a cancer on your team,  happens quite often. 

GOOD LUCK BROWNS, they might need some here. 

True, but...... I’ll take a first round talent in the fourth and roll the dice. Getting suspended, and obviously that could happen over time if he doesn’t shape up, would be one thing. If he causes problems for others players, that’s a whole other. Gordon is a jackwagon, but I don’t think he’s affected anyone else on the team. My hope for both remains cautiously ‘high’ 😎

Archived