THE BROWNS BOARD

Tom Heckert

darren15

9 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Has passed away ...condolences to his family .....

Wow.. What was the cause?... No link?

I read a few months back that he was taking a leave of absence from the Broncos to battle his amyloidosis. 

IMO, Heckert has been the the best of the worst GM's since the Browns return in '99. 

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Stepped away from the Broncos a year ago when he was diagnosed with Amyloidosis.

One of our better recent GMs, glad to see him get that ring with the Broncs.

Zombo

Even Dr. Hoorta had to look that one up Z. Abnormal proteins start replacing normal proteins in the affected organs....   "Amyloidosis can affect the heart, kidneys, liver, spleen, nervous system, stomach or intestines. The condition is rare (affecting fewer than 4,000 people in the United States each year), but it can be fatal. ... It also sometimes occurs in people with kidney disease who have undergone dialysis for a long time."

1 hour ago, VikingDawg said:

Worst GM in Brown's history. Made a hell of a cup of coffee according to Andy Reid, though. Bye Tom. 

Not even close. ALL the one's we have had since him have been worse (Dorsey excluded as too soon to tell)   He is about in the middle of Browns GMs in history:

PersonTeamsFromToTitlesNotes

Paul BrownBrowns1946-1962Head Coach/General Manager

Harold SauerbreiBrowns1963-1973General Manager

Peter HadhazyBrowns1974-1984General Manager

Ernie AccorsiBrowns1985-1991Executive VP of Football Operations/General Manager

Bill BelichickBrowns1992-1995Head Coach/de facto General Manager

Ozzie NewsomeBrowns1995-1995Director of Pro Personnel

Dwight ClarkBrowns1999-2001General Manager

Butch DavisBrowns2002-2004Head Coach/General Manager

Phil SavageBrowns2005-2008General Manager

George KokinisBrowns2009-2009General Manager

Tom HeckertBrowns2010-2012General Manager

Michael LombardiBrowns2013-2013General Manager

Ray FarmerBrowns2014-2015General Manager

Sashi BrownBrowns2016-2017Executive VP of Football OperationsFired on December 7, 2017

John DorseyBrowns2017-2017General ManagerHired on December 7, 2017

Aww, damn. I liked Tom Heckert. Reinforces that this life is only temporary, we've got to move past all the pettiness and hate. We only have a short time here...

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Not even close. ALL the one's (GMs- draft picking) we have had since him have been worse (Dorsey excluded as too soon to tell)   He is about in the middle of Browns GMs in history:

Ray FarmerBrowns2014-2015General Manager

Sashi BrownBrowns2016-2017Executive VP of Football OperationsFired on December 7, 2017

John DorseyBrowns2017-2017General ManagerHired on December 7, 2017

Totally agree Gip. 

Especially Farmer- Gilbert\Manziel. Shelton\Erving\Mayl. Sashi passing on Wentz and Watson. 

Sad to hear the news :(..Life only to age 51,🙏 to his family..in 09 at Philly, Heckert was responsible for 13 starters of the Eagles 22 starters..Browns=Gordo,Benji,Schwartz,Skrine,Cameron,Sheard,TJ Ward,Joe Haden..Can't blame Tom Heckert for trading'em too..Farewell & RIP Tom Heckert 

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Totally agree Gip. 

Especially Farmer- Gilbert\Manziel. Shelton\Erving\Mayl. Sashi passing on Wentz and Watson. 

Meanwhile Heckert passed on Julio Jones for a 400lb run stuffing nose tackle with two bad feet... Yeah. Over 40 draft picks with zero stand out impact players outside of Mangini (That guy Heckert Shmucked over) picks Ward and Haden. I can't tho k of any GM's before or after that managed to waste 6 1st round draft picks, 8 2nd round draft picks and 40 total picks on trash the way Tom "Character doesn't matter in football" Heckert quite did, though Sashi was getting there rapidly. 

3 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

Worst GM in Brown's history. Made a hell of a cup of coffee according to Andy Reid, though. Bye Tom. 

Weren't you the dbag that randomly came onto this board around the draft and got run off because you were an insufferable twat? 

Don't bother answering, we all know that is a "yes". 

17 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

Meanwhile Heckert passed on Julio Jones for a 400lb run stuffing nose tackle with two bad feet... Yeah. Over 40 draft picks with zero stand out impact players outside of Mangini (That guy Heckert Shmucked over) picks Ward and Haden. I can't tho k of any GM's before or after that managed to waste 6 1st round draft picks, 8 2nd round draft picks and 40 total picks on trash the way Tom "Character doesn't matter in football" Heckert quite did, though Sashi was getting there rapidly. 

Why don't you just move the f u c k along a s s h o le.  

23 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

He certainly wasn't the worst though.  Besides Ward and Haden. Trash? Cameron made the pro bowl, Sheard was at least a decent player. Travis Benjamin is still in the league, Skrine was better than any CB we had last year. Gordon ever gets his act together, almost passable. 

You obviously can't count- I saw 26 picks, plus one for Gordon. 

No need to be nasty, either.  

Don't want to speak bad of him.  Seemed like a regular guy.  

He traded up for Richardson then took Weeden.  Two first round picks in one draft, wasted.  He fits right in with the other 21st century Browns GM's.

51....way too young.  God bless him, his family and friends.

--------------------

Tom Heckert stuck his neck out for Josh Gordon.................

RIP Chuckles...

11 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Why don't you just move the f u c k along a s s h o le.  

At a minimum it's time for a Zombo rename...

Maybe "Viking D i c k"?

EDit: D i c k now autocorrects to "finger"??? Really???

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Weren't you the dbag that randomly came onto this board around the draft and got run off because you were an insufferable twat? 

Don't bother answering, we all know that is a "yes". 

Ran off? I grew tired of low rent trailer park idiots like yourself amd left. I seen the piece of Sheet that brought Dog Killer Vick back to the NFL and told the Cleveland press "character doesn't matter" that started the trend of drafting drug addicts and losers like Gordon had kicked the bucket and wanted to come pay my disrespects. 

Now run along and go back to jerking off to your Urban Meyer poster, "Dutch."

Ran off? I grew tired of low rent trailer park idiots like yourself amd left. I seen the piece of Sheet that brought Dog Killer Vick back to the NFL and told the Cleveland press "character doesn't matter" that started the trend of drafting drug addicts and losers like Gordon had kicked the bucket and wanted to come pay my disrespects. 

Now run along and go back to jerking off to your Urban Meyer poster, "Dutch."

Well....when someone tells you to Fuyuck Off.....and you leave, then yes, you were "ran Off".....despite your protestations to the contrary.

I mean, that would be like if they DO fire Urban Meyer him saying "I wasn't run off...I just got tired and left".

How about you do humanity a solid and eat a revolver b I t c h? 

To be fair....it was something like this that got me run off of AOL.    Except that it was directed at a Steeler fan, and when I suggested that he get up close and personal with Messrs. Smith and Wesson.....said Squib fan squealed to the  thought police that were monitors over there. I just thought I was a bit more clever about it  than Vikingdawg here. 

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

RIP Chuckles...

Maybe "Viking D i c k"?

Welcome h o m o  ,.......................er    home.🤩

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

RIP Chuckles...

Maybe "Viking D i c k"?

You probably realize there's a few other things that auto correct. Stan's doing when Ghoolie went over the top.... 

Archived