THE BROWNS BOARD

Cory Coleman Traded

darren15

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zombo is right and Coleman is replaceable.

Sadly, Ghoulie was right about Coleman. CC dropped that Browns-Steelers game pass and i'll never forget that. Also was involved with the beating incident and constantly injured. He had no real upside especially with someone like Calloway in there. If he did look smug or angry after he got passed in the depth chart, then maybe he should've worked harder. I will not miss him.

7th round is low but we would've cut him otherwise. Dorsey is a no-BS kinda guy and I like that a lot about him. He doesn't want any negative nancys.

1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

Bernie was the last player to actually produce with #19  let’s not use it again!!

I always wondered if they'd actually considered retiring  KOSAR 19? 

Teams seem to be more reluctant to do that now......don't want to be like the Yank$ with all of the small numbers gone.

I think at this point it was better for all concerned. Coleman was never going to be a player for us and his attitude was a killer. When you have a player that doesn't achieve on the field and has a questionable character off it...you have dynamite with a short fuse that will destroy the team

3 hours ago, Undertaker said:

I think at this point it was better for all concerned. Coleman was never going to be a player for us and his attitude was a killer. When you have a player that doesn't achieve on the field and has a questionable character off it...you have dynamite with a short fuse that will destroy the team

The sad thing is he isn't the worst first rounder taken by this team in recent history. Not by a mile. 

Yikes. 

42 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The sad thing is he isn't the worst first rounder taken by this team in recent history. Not by a mile. 

Yikes. 

Right idea.....wrong player here. True the BROWNS has nobody really to throw to and no QB to deliver it there hence 1-31 lately.

Besides unless you have a stud RB, WR, TE etc. try and stick to the franchise QB (if those rare commotities are even available), bookend DE, shutdown corner in the higher first round.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yikes. 

And some years we had 2 first round picks that bad or worse. The head scratcher is the HC and guys playing gridiron chess exclusively with pawns always seem to get fired before the front office setting the table.  

When something like this came up in Pittsburgh in 1999 - their owner had to choose between keeping HC Bill Cowher or GM Tom Donahoe. The GM got fired in 1999.   Cowher went on to lead Pitt to 2 SBs and multiple playoff appearances. Meanwhile Donahue went to Buffalo and led them to 31-49 football which also began their long streak of missing playoffs from 2000-2016 ended in 2017.  Donahoe got fired in his 6th season while a some HCs got scapegoated for his inability. 

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

And some years we had 2 first round picks that bad or worse. The head scratcher is the HC and guys playing gridiron chess exclusively with pawns always seem to get fired before the front office setting the table.  

When something like this came up in Pittsburgh in 1999 - their owner had to choose between keeping HC Bill Cowher or GM Tom Donahoe. The GM got fired in 1999.   Cowher went on to lead Pitt to 2 SBs and multiple playoff appearances. Meanwhile Donahue went to Buffalo and led them to 31-49 football which also began their long streak of missing playoffs from 2000-2016 ended in 2017.  Donahoe got fired in his 6th season while a some HCs got scapegoated for his inability. 

Kevin Colbert has been nothing short of amazing for them.. Forget about all the ben rape/steroid crapola... You can't deny what he has meant to 'that' Franchise amidst speculation and neferious activities and such. I look at what Alejandro Villaneueva and David DeCastro are doing.. I could name a gazillion more I'm sure.. I was beginning to think the Cavs had that kind of magic with David Griffin.. He was making things happen... LeBron must not have wanted him here..  Sorry to digress.. But I guess what I'm getting at.. Is so far.. I think Dorsey has done a heck of a job putting pieces in that made sense.. You're not gonna accomplish everything in one season.. But hell.. Color me encouraged for once... I just saw him do the right thing.. But I gotta say Taylor scares me.. I just see him as a game manager..However.. I understand Baker is the longterm.. That obviously is the plan or else.. They would've pined for Cousins.. or Alex Smith...?

Anyhow... I think even more important.. Is how will Dorsey orchestrate next seasons draft .. Going by what I see.. I think LB , OL, and safety are at the top... RB has to be in there.. I hate to say it but.. Chubb looked slow.. The Oline cannot run block to save its soul.... Its just.. They both look bad...They both need to get better... The problem though is games like these.. Its hard to get a flow because your constantly changing packages and trying to see as many guys in as many enviornments as they can see and grade them in the time allotted on the field..  With the FA's we have signed.. You already penned them in as starters for the most part. I would say next year is totally pivotal in how the Browns move forward....

On 8/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, Canton Dawg said:

7378D04A-5763-46E4-8AF9-BA4CA1B4E548.jpeg

NOTICE, how he IS NOT looking at the ball.  There's something more important to him than the ball.

That's the #15 overall selection looking like a 7th rounder.

4 hours ago, Orion said:

NOTICE, how he IS NOT looking at the ball.  There's something more important to him than the ball.

That's the #15 overall selection looking like a 7th rounder.

He was probably lookin for his dope man.....

1 hour ago, nickers said:

He was probably lookin for his dope man.....

Actually he was looking at the ball....  go to the 20 second mark...  I mean, it's coming directly at your head, you have your hands there- and whoopsie.....  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Actually he was looking at the ball....

...as I recall, he took his eyes off the ball before it got to him so that he could look for someone who might hit him.  Edwards did that all the time.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Actually he was looking at the ball....  go to the 20 second mark...  I mean, it's coming directly at your head, you have your hands there- and whoopsie.....  

It was a complete utter lack of concentration and a combination of hearing foot steps.. God he sucked!.. Kizer actually threw the most catchable pass he ever threw...

Honestly, I think Rashard Higgins made Corey completely expendable. Yeah, Callaway had something to do with it, but apparently Higgins looked far superior to Coleman and it wasn't close. This is just camp and preseason, which basically amounts to jack squat, but I've been saying for a while that it wouldn't surprise me if Higgins was a guy who made some noise. Kizer really screwed him over last year, and Higgins is a guy who catches the ball and runs good routes. Running good routes will get you receptions when you have accurate QBs. He also looks faster and stronger. And how about the 2 back shoulder receptions from the two QBs?! Apparently Higgins caught some nice balls yesterday, including a 40 yarder from Baker down the seam. 

At first I was really irritated by the Coleman trade. Now I don't care. Addition by subtraction. Oh, and apparently Ratley starting to make a little noise. 

36 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I get the impression there was some clever editing with that opening sequence on HK that culminated with him getting traded. 

I think that argument in Hue’s office where he asked to be traded happened a good week before he was actually traded, and l personally didn’t interpret it like he was REALLY asking to be traded, it was just something he said because he was upset.

Early camp stories were about Coleman dropping balls...again, but then the narrative changed to him refusing a day off and stringing together a few good days in a row. He was literally first on the depth chart the day he was traded, so he was clearly getting playing time.

Not that it matters much, but l don’t buy the explanation that “he asked to be traded” and think it’s more likely the FO just didn’t want him on the team or felt they had better options.

2 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I get the impression there was some clever editing with that opening sequence on HK that culminated with him getting traded. 

I think that argument in Hue’s office where he asked to be traded happened a good week before he was actually traded, and l personally didn’t interpret it like he was REALLY asking to be traded, it was just something he said because he was upset.

Early camp stories were about Coleman dropping balls...again, but then the narrative changed to him refusing a day off and stringing together a few good days in a row. He was literally first on the depth chart the day he was traded, so he was clearly getting playing time.

Not that it matters much, but l don’t buy the explanation that “he asked to be traded” and think it’s more likely the FO just didn’t want him on the team or felt they had better options.

I'm pretty sure it was the same day, because that's the day he was demoted to the 2s and reports were that he was upset on the field.

The kid doesn't have it. When he said "traded" I'm sure they were like, "well sure, son".

If Hue would have had one of those trap doors in his floor he would have pulled it and Corey would have been jettisoned on an underground tunnel to Buffalo.

They couldn't get rid of him fast enough, still surprised he made it past draft night.

Z

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I'm pretty sure it was the same day, because that's the day he was demoted to the 2s and reports were that he was upset on the field.

The kid doesn't have it. When he said "traded" I'm sure they were like, "well sure, son".

If Hue would have had one of those trap doors in his floor he would have pulled it and Corey would have been jettisoned on an underground tunnel to Buffalo.

They couldn't get rid of him fast enough, still surprised he made it past draft night.

Z

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/8/15/17691652/corey-coleman-asked-hue-jackson-to-trade-him-after-demotion

Ok, apparently l had that all wrong. This says it was within 24 hours of the argument in the office.

The demotion must have been so recent that they didn’t have time or inclination to update the depth chart because he was listed as a starter the day he got traded.

nothing like a lazy chump who doesn't really give a frack about winning to ruin a lockerroom and destroy

a winning attitude.

Things are looking excellent for a surprising season.

I was a little disappointed in the short clip cutting of CoCo's departure. If they wanted to show off his shoe collection so bad they could have mixed in some of "these boots were made for walking".👍 There has to be a chain of command before he got to Jackson. Cory may have felt trapped to talk to WR coach due to his past Landry connection..Talking to Haley or Dorsey? nah, I guess Cory thought he felt more comfortable talking to Hue. Hue shockling surprised me, by pointing Cory back to his his position coach..Cory clearly wanted to deliver his message to the right guy..Bye-Bye!. some coach building into Episode 3? stick that green laser on 14 actual penalties called and quit shooting your own two feet       

Archived