THE BROWNS BOARD

Cory Coleman Traded

darren15

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he doesn't wave goodbye, otherwise the Bills will void the trade when he shows up with a broken hand. 

Another wasted 1st round pick........... you don't go 1-31 without them. 

Now who was the person on here who thought it was stupid when I suggested right after last season ended that Coleman's days with the Browns were probably numbered? 😁

The lack of success of Browns first-rounders since '99 is staggering. Absolutely staggering. This team in the last few regimes has moved around and accumulated so many first-rounders, with virtually nothing to show for it. 

31 minutes ago, darren15 said:

To Bills for an unannounced draft pick ....

all circuits to HBO Hard Knocks are now Busy..please hold

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Now who was the person on here who thought it was stupid when I suggested right after last season ended that Coleman's days with the Browns were probably numbered? 😁

The lack of success of Browns first-rounders since '99 is staggering. Absolutely staggering. This team in the last few regimes has moved around and accumulated so many first-rounders, with virtually nothing to show for it. 

This ^^^   

Another hats off to Ghoolie- he called Coleman a POS and wasted pick way back....  

1 minute ago, SD_Tom said:

You can literally describe almost every single first rd draft pick for the last 20 years like that. 

Yes, Ghoolie's "predictions" usually required as much thought as predicting water will run downhill...  That said, other than the Joes- Thomas and Haden, I'm hard pressed to think of any other Browns first round picks since 1999 that lived up to expectations. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Yes, Ghoolie's "predictions" usually required as much thought as predicting water will run downhill...  That said, other than the Joes- Thomas and Haden, I'm hard pressed to think of any other Browns first round picks since 1999 that lived up to expectations. 

I can't think of anyone.  That's how inept they've been. 

And with the sheer number of first rd picks they've compiled being a perennial bottom dweller,  that's even more proof how bad it's been 

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

Dorsey ain't F'n around. 

Likely means they're impressed with Higgins and Callaway,  and that Gordon is coming back soon 

Yep.

I heard Calloway supplanted him with the Ones on the depth chart at the X spot today and Coleman appeared angry. 

Dorsey called Buffalo and said "still interested?'

Zombo

6 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Yep.

I heard Calloway supplanted him with the Ones on the depth chart at the X spot today and Coleman appeared angry. 

Dorsey called Buffalo and said "still interested?'

Zombo

I look at the talent,  and just think "i hope they can all just be on the field at least 75% of the season" 

Two Josh's,  plus Callaway,  Duke,  Higgins, Njoku (maybe) chubb,  Hyde,  devalve,  Janis,  and Fells... Maybe ratley and board? Possibly Dez? Two accurate and turnover free QB's? A proven GM? 

Defense should be damn good this year too.  Maybe they finally figured it out and this is the turning point.  

Hell yeah.  Sign me up

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

This ^^^   

Another hats off to Ghoolie- he called Coleman a POS and wasted pick way back....  

What’s up with the arbitrary Ghoolie stroking? Felt the need to reinforce some other dude’s opinion, all random like?

Color me surprised. The press l’ve read seemed to indicate Coleman was turning it up a notch. Catching everything thrown his way, refusing to take a day off, being coachable, working with Taylor on his own acord. 

Mocking the guy for breaking bones playing for your entertainment is shìtty. Maybe he ain’t cut out for it and maybe he was a poor draft pick, but l personally want all second stringers pìssed off because they got beat out for a position.

It stems to not seeing that Coleman loved the game. How can you admit you missed that pass vs the squealers, because you

were looking to see if you were going to get hit?

Coleman was no rookie, and still did that? Says a lot about how little he cares about winning, and TEAM.

So, rather replace him for the upcoming season - I'm happy, happy, happy.

49 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

What’s up with the arbitrary Ghoolie stroking? Felt the need to reinforce some other dude’s opinion, all random like?

Color me surprised. The press l’ve read seemed to indicate Coleman was turning it up a notch. Catching everything thrown his way, refusing to take a day off, being coachable, working with Taylor on his own acord. 

Mocking the guy for breaking bones playing for your entertainment is shìtty. Maybe he ain’t cut out for it and maybe he was a poor draft pick, but l personally want all second stringers pìssed off because they got beat out for a position.

So, if what you're saying is true, then riddle me this- then why did the Browns dump him for a low round draft pick? My opinion? Hasn't come close to living up to his status as a first round draft pick, and apparently Dorsey had seen enough to deem him expendable. As Cal just pointed out- he had an inexcusable drop against the Steelers that potentially could have helped win the game. It's been pointed out elsewhere his drop rate means that wasn't an isolated instance. I've long thought- by the time you get to the pros, you can either consistently catch the ball (Landry) or you can't (Greg Little).  

OK, I have in the past- made mention of the fact Coleman has missed a significant number of games due to injury, but not this time. If you think I was mocking the guy, you'd be wrong. 

Just pointing out- hate on the Ghoul all you want- but he had this guy pegged long ago. 

59 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So, if what you're saying is true, then riddle me this- then why did the Browns dump him for a low round draft pick? My opinion? Hasn't come close to living up to his status as a first round draft pick, and apparently Dorsey had seen enough to deem him expendable. As Cal just pointed out- he had an inexcusable drop against the Steelers that potentially could have helped win the game. It's been pointed out elsewhere his drop rate means that wasn't an isolated instance. I've long thought- by the time you get to the pros, you can either consistently catch the ball (Landry) or you can't (Greg Little).  

OK, I have in the past- made mention of the fact Coleman has missed a significant number of games due to injury, but not this time. If you think I was mocking the guy, you'd be wrong. 

Just pointing out- hate on the Ghoul all you want- but he had this guy pegged long ago. 

If you think everyone sucks, odds are you’ll be right now and again. Even better odds when you’re a Browns fan.

I absolutely hate this. I said months ago, as did many of us, that trading Corey doesn't make sense. Why trade a 1st round pick who only played two years with a broken hand AND never got to play with a real qb? You're never going to get anything close to comparable value! What did we get? A 5th round pick? Who CARES ABOUT A 5TH ROUND PICK? How often do those guys make a difference?! So stupid. 

I also had thought Coleman was coming on at camp..No better time to showcase some Cory in some preseason games to maybe build up some trade value if any. We can't do this if Cory's sitting in the ice tub. Am imagining Cory as the Miss-fit in this WR room as being the chase-ie. Was it spreading to the QB room too? it will get out & interested to hear coaches thoughts if in or out on this move.. this here is crazy, even if Vince Lombardi was coaching us >>>> https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland/post/_/id/5232  If passing on Wentz turns out bad? Just think, we handed Tenn. a LT in Jack Conklin at #8..where would we be now? 

I understand all the hating of the 1st round choice but Corey didn't draft himself.   Trading him for something is better than cutting him for nothing in return. 

Anyway, here's the All Planet QBs we've had here in 2016 and 2017: RG3-n-Out, Charlie's White-Herst, Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan, DeShone Kizer.  And how about the 17-19 million $ QB Brock Ostrich that ALMOST made the team in 2017?  

Here's the GOOD news.  Dorsey shows up and in 1 offseason, he added Jarvis Landry, vet QB Tyrod Taylor (Pro Bowl and Playoffs in the last 3 years), drafted a QB first, drafted an elite CB, added FS Randall from GB, drafted WR/KR/PR Callaway, added LB Mychal Kendricks, added Carlos Hyde and Nick Chubb, brought in a TE (Fells) who can actually block as well as catch... And, is it really just a coincidence that Hue was suddenly open to hiring an OC?   Me no thinks so....

Archived