THE BROWNS BOARD

Cory Coleman Traded

darren15

14 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Patten was cut by Cleveland. He has 3 rings.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PattDa00.htm

Sheard has a ring. 5 sacks and 20 tackles.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SheaJa00.htm

Like I said, Sheard did no better there than he did here.   

Though you may have a point on Patten.  (though, to be honest....Brady has made any number of scrub WRs look good)

Sorry...but guys like Wes Welker and Julian Edelman would never have been much if they didn't have TB throwing to them...IMO.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Like I said, Sheard did no better there than he did here.   

Though you may have a point on Patten.  (though, to be honest....Brady has made any number of scrub WRs look good)

Sorry...but guys like Wes Welker and Julian Edelman would never have been much if they didn't have TB throwing to them...IMO.

Correct!

Wes Welker was pretty much a big 0 without TB tossin the pigskin...

14 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Dez is the pick of the litter.

Lafail is nothing special and Maclin invisible some games with KC. The rest are JAGS.

Perhaps, though, in looking at this more closely....it does seem that Bryant has a much lower catch to target ratio than even some of these guys. Only 52%.

LaFell   58+%.  Coleman 62%.  Maclin 55.5%

Why/how would that be?

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Correct!

Wes Welker was pretty much a big 0 without TB tossin the pigskin...

Yep....it is possible that he, Edelman, Patten, Amendola, etc. etc. etc.  were also JAGS.   (But not Randy Moss....he was the real deal..  TB's best year was with Moss on the team)

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yep....it is possible that he, Edelman, Patten, Amendola, etc. etc. etc.  were also JAGS.   (But not Randy Moss....he was the real deal..  TB's best year was with Moss on the team)

Yeah... I think that was the year NE lost a perfect season in the SB that year.. I might be wrong on that...

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Really?  I don't remember that being the case.  I thought he was just not re-signed.

We cut him.

That's the year Sashi's team drafted Coleman, Ricardo Louis, Hollwood Higgins and Jordan Payton and they all made the roster as rookies.

Maybe Higgins will catch some balls this year.

Terrelle Pryor and Andrew Hawkins rounded out that wide receiver room.

Not like Gabriel is any great shakes, averages 33 Catches, 454 yards,  2TD, 14 ypc ... He was one of Shanihan's pets, we'll see how he does in Chicago with your boy, Trub.

Z

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

We cut him.

That's the year Sashi's team drafted Coleman, Ricardo Louis, Hollwood Higgins and Jordan Payton and they all made the roster as rookies.

Maybe Higgins will catch some balls this year.

Terrelle Pryor and Andrew Hawkins rounded out that wide receiver room.

Not like Gabriel is any great shakes, averages 33 Catches, 454 yards,  2TD, 14 ypc ... He was one of Shanihan's pets, we'll see how he does in Chicago with your boy, Trub.

Z

Well, OK then.   He was let go in just another case of a new GM wanting to just go with "his guys".   We shall see if this apparent preference for Calloway and Ratley over Coleman is just another case of the same thing....or if finally one of these guys (GMs)  gets it right.

Just now, The Gipper said:

Well, OK then.   He was let go in just another case of a new GM wanting to just go with "his guys".   We shall see if this apparent preference for Calloway and Ratley over Coleman is just another case of the same thing....or if finally one of these guys (GMs)  gets it right.

Low risk. Coleman never did shit and there was no part of his game that I ever said "Wow, I can see why he was a first rounder!"

I think Gordon, Landry and Calloway will make everyone forget Corey Coleman, but it is all just talk until the games start.

I lost a lot of respect for him as a man after the beating incident. He was involved at some level.

Zombo

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Low risk. Coleman never did Sheet and there was no part of his game that I ever said "Wow, I can see why he was a first rounder!"

I think Gordon, Landry and Calloway will make everyone forget Corey Coleman, but it is all just talk until the games start.

I lost a lot of respect for him as a man after the beating incident. He was involved at some level.

Zombo

Well....that may have been another possible factor in why they were willing to trade him for so little.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....that may have been another possible factor in why they were willing to trade him for so little.

Doug Dieken and Jimmy Donovan were talking about Coleman on the radio yesterday.

I believe it was Diek that said Coleman would make one of the equipment guys wear his new shoes to "break them in".

Hard to believe a guy that's showed nothing on the field can be a prima donna.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Perhaps, though, in looking at this more closely....it does seem that Bryant has a much lower catch to target ratio than even some of these guys. Only 52%.

LaFell   58+%.  Coleman 62%.  Maclin 55.5%

Why/how would that be?

Approximately 30% of his passes are deep or bombs.

Lower completion rate passes.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/24313/dez-bryant

On 8/6/2018 at 4:35 AM, jbluhm86 said:

Bills fans must be excited, at least. Now they finally have their star Greg Little 2.0 WR to pair up with their rookie QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Just wait till you see TT in action. I don't know what Allen will amount to (career wise) But I'm well aware of who and what TT is.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

And, just WTF do you think that is?

He plays it very safe, that helps him not turn it over. He doesn't throw into tight windows if you aren't wide open the ball will not be thrown.(2 steps or more) He won't see you if you are wide open at times due to his height. The OL has to be good because he holds the ball the longest of any QB in the league. If you fall behind 10 or more points in a game in the second half you can just assume it is a loss, since he has NEVER comeback from that insurmountable 10pt deficit. Expect most games to be in the 200 yard range passing. He had 1 300 yard game in Buffalo and he needed OT to get it. 2 or 3 games a year he will surprise you with less than 100 yards passing. BTW these aren't things I think, these are the facts. I like TT but he's just an average QB if that.

53 minutes ago, Shady Mccoy said:

He plays it very safe, that helps him not turn it over. He doesn't throw into tight windows if you aren't wide open the ball will not be thrown.(2 steps or more) He won't see you if you are wide open at times due to his height. The OL has to be good because he holds the ball the longest of any QB in the league. If you fall behind 10 or more points in a game in the second half you can just assume it is a loss, since he has NEVER comeback from that insurmountable 10pt deficit. Expect most games to be in the 200 yard range passing. He had 1 300 yard game in Buffalo and he needed OT to get it. 2 or 3 games a year he will surprise you with less than 100 yards passing. BTW these aren't things I think, these are the facts. I like TT but he's just an average QB if that.

ah great, now another Buff-a-homo fan to join Mahom-a-homo fan..We will have to make this quick cause Josh Allen may miss your barn & take out your rabbit ear wifi antenna :). That btw would make espn's top 10..  A) Do all you Bills fans meet in the same mother's basement to give us the same tyrod scouting report? B.)How many offensive weapons could you count after McCoy,with Tyrod? C) Count ours.. than D)ever heard of Todd Haley?   

1 hour ago, Shady Mccoy said:

Despite what some of our "optimistic" Browns fans think of Taylor, I feel that is an accurate description of him.

He's a QB who won't lose you many games, but won't win many for you either. A guy who will always have a job, but whose team will always be looking to upgrade from. 

That being said, he'll be light-years better than anything the Browns had last year. 

47 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Despite what some of our "optimistic" Browns fans think of Taylor, I feel that is an accurate description of him.

He's a QB who won't lose you many games, but won't win many for you either. A guy who will always have a job, but whose team will always be looking to upgrade from. 

That being said, he'll be light-years better than anything the Browns had last year. 

Agree... and that'll drive Hue nuts just like Kess did.

I'm still lookin' for Baker by the 1/4-pole.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

ah great, now another Buff-a-homo fan to join Mahom-a-homo fan..We will have to make this quick cause Josh Allen may miss your barn & take out your rabbit ear wifi antenna :). That btw would make espn's top 10..  A) Do all you Bills fans meet in the same mother's basement to give us the same tyrod scouting report? B.)How many offensive weapons could you count after McCoy,with Tyrod? C) Count ours.. than D)ever heard of Todd Haley?   

Remember that time you tried to use corny insults because someone explained what they saw week in and week out. I don't live in Buffalo 🤡🤡. Anyway we had Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods. I wonder why Woods had a career year after leaving the Bills.🤔🤔 

16 hours ago, Shady Mccoy said:

Playing it safe may be OK for the Browns at this point.  Did you pay any attention to the turnover machine we had at QB last year?

Nevertheless,  at some point we all expect Mayfield to take over.   Mayfield looks like a guy who is perhaps a fairly big risk taker.  If TT can teach  BM to temper his risky nature at times...I see no problem with that.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, The Gipper said:

This could partly be it. Of course, in 99% of the cases, the guys dumped deserved to be, and never really produced much elsewhere.  About the only guy I can think of is Dion Lewis....who went from here to New England.   And maybe much of his success had to do with the fact that they had Tom Brady throwing to him.

Can anyone name any other Browns player who was let go/traded because the Browns thought they were not productive, but who went elsewhere and did quite well?

The safety that ended up in Denver?

On 8/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, The Gipper said:

This could partly be it. Of course, in 99% of the cases, the guys dumped deserved to be, and never really produced much elsewhere.  About the only guy I can think of is Dion Lewis....who went from here to New England.   And maybe much of his success had to do with the fact that they had Tom Brady throwing to him.

Can anyone name any other Browns player who was let go/traded because the Browns thought they were not productive, but who went elsewhere and did quite well?

Mack and Gabriel

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sashi would have at least gotten a 2019 7th... ;)

Archived