Tour2ma

OUR "Hard Knocks" Thread

On 8/7/2018 at 8:23 PM, mjp28 said:
Season 1 Episode 2
TV-MA|58 MIN|2018|HD
Adult Language
Please come back for upcoming original programming information. Thank you for visiting the schedule.
TELEVISION 
SEE LESS
  • Tue, Aug 14    10:00 pm ETHBO
  • Tue, Aug 1410:00 pm ETHBO LATINO
  •  
  • Wed, Aug 15    2:45 am ETHBO2
  • Wed, Aug 15    6:30 pm ETHBO
  • Wed, Aug 157:00 pm ETHBO LATINO
  • Wed, Aug 15    10:30 pm ETHBO2
  • Wed, Aug 15    11:35 pm ETHBO
  •  
  • Thu, Aug 1612:50 am ETHBO LATINO
  • Thu, Aug 16     1:10 pm ETHBO
  • Thu, Aug 161:10 pm ETHBO LATINO
ON DEMAND
Available Wed, Aug 15
STREAMING
Available Tue, Aug 14 at 10:00pm ET on HBO GO and HBO NOW

Wow NFL preseason is on, high school football is cranking up soon, the college games are near.

Ahhhhhh football, is this a great country or what!

On 8/9/2018 at 1:04 AM, Clevfan4life said:

Tyrod might be the starter for 2-3 years if he keeps healthy. 

lmao.....there is ZERO chance of this happening if baker is healthy.

Baker  might completely suck,  but he;s the # overall pick.  He is the starter next year regardless of what TT does, probably sooner

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Wow NFL preseason is on, high school football is cranking up soon, the college games are near.

Ahhhhhh football, is this a great country or what!

Thanks MJ!   I set my DVR to record the 1st episode every week on Tuesday nights at 10pm ET on HBO.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Thanks MJ!   I set my DVR to record the 1st episode every week on Tuesday nights at 10pm ET on HBO.

For the whole season of HARD KNOCKS see the link:

https://www.hbo.com/schedule-search-results?seriesIds=PMRS7264

I haven't seen the ratings yet but I'd be willing to bet they are pretty good......we'll see on that.

.......oh can't get enough of the CLEVELAND BROWNS  want every episode 2 viewing?

Available Wed, Aug 15 On Demand
Television
  • Tue, Aug 1410:00 pm ETHBO
  • Tue, Aug 1410:00 pm ETHBO LATINO
  • Wed, Aug 152:45 am ETHBO2
  • Wed, Aug 156:30 pm ETHBO
  • Wed, Aug 157:00 pm ETHBO LATINO
  • Wed, Aug 1510:30 pm ETHBO2
  • Wed, Aug 1511:40 pm ETHBO
  • Thu, Aug 1612:50 am ETHBO LATINO
  • Thu, Aug 161:10 pm ETHBO
  • Thu, Aug 161:10 pm ETHBO LATINO
  • Fri, Aug 174:20 am ETHBO
  • Fri, Aug 174:20 am ETHBO LATINO
  • Fri, Aug 174:15 pm ETHBO
  • Fri, Aug 174:15 pm ETHBO LATINO
  • Sat, Aug 183:00 am ETHBO
  • Sat, Aug 183:00 am ETHBO LATINO
  • Sun, Aug 192:45 am ETHBO2
  • Sun, Aug 1910:00 am ETHBO
  • Sun, Aug 1910:00 am ETHBO LATINO
  • Tue, Aug 214:20 am ETHBO
  • Tue, Aug 214:20 am ETHBO LATINO
  • Tue, Aug 218:00 pm ETHBO2
  • Wed, Aug 229:00 pm ETHBO2
  • Sat, Sep 081:45 pm ETHBO
  • Sat, Sep 081:45 pm ETHBO LATINO

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

For the whole season of HARD KNOCKS see the link:

https://www.hbo.com/schedule-search-results?seriesIds=PMRS7264

I haven't seen the ratings yet but I'd be willing to bet they are pretty good......we'll see on that.

When Landry was giving his speech to the WRs, I tried to take inventory of the number of brain cells in his audience in the room.   The good news is I could count that high in English and Spanish.  The bad news is I could count that high in English and Spanish...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

When Landry was giving his speech to the WRs, I tried to take inventory of the number of brain cells in his audience in the room.   The good news is I could count that high in English and Spanish.  The bad news is I could count that high in English and Spanish...

if u think that lowly of the players why even watch football? i mean look i get it, these kids make alot of bad decisions that make one facepalm.....but i guarantee 99% of the people here would make the same mistakes if they were given 5m when they were that young AND had essentially raised themselves. These kids more often than not come from non existent families so they grew up with "da boyz".

But they're not dumb, u cant play in the nfl if ur a complete Retard, theres too much memorize and too many instantaneous cognitive decisions that must be made based on nanosecond observations. The game has grown vastly more complicated over time.

im just real curious why people thst like to sht so much on ngl players bother to even watch it. I dont know if that specificslly describes you, im just msking a gen statement. I dont hold that lvl of vitriol for gordon and he's literally by himself cost the franchise 10 or more wins over the last 3-4 years. I realize he just has "addiction", an addiction afflicts people with varying IQ equally.

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I picked up on that as well.

I’ve had the misfortune of having a couple of bosses like that in my career.

They’re really not concerned with your answer...they just like to hear themselves talk.

My current boss is EXACTLY like that. 

He married the owner of the business I work at. She inherited it from her dad. Both are lazy pieces of Sheet who show up the absolute least amount of time they can as their business handed to them on a silver platter circles the drain. He took HER last name, because he's her bitch. As you can guess, he overcompensates for this by acting like he's god's gift to the world and by treating his wife's employee's like dogshit. I sincerely hope he gets AIDS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

My current boss is EXACTLY like that. 

He married the owner of the business I work at. She inherited it from her dad. Both are lazy pieces of Sheet who show up the absolute least amount of time they can as their business handed to them on a silver platter circles the drain. He took HER last name, because he's her bitch. As you can guess, he overcompensates for this by acting like he's god's gift to the world and by treating his wife's employee's like dogshit. I sincerely hope he gets AIDS. 

Lol that he's her b1tch. call it out and get a better job, dutch

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

But they're not dumb, u cant play in the nfl if ur a complete Retard, theres too much memorize and too many instantaneous cognitive decisions that must be made based on nanosecond observations. The game has grown vastly more complicated over time.

im just real curious why people thst like to sht so much on ngl players bother to even watch it. I dont know if that specificslly describes you, im just msking a gen statement.

I'd say that it's a sport where roles are very different that you can have a guy analyzing an entire defense like a QB or a Running Back that only needs to know when and where he has to run or block and the name of those 8 different plays. 

To reach that level in sports, probably most of them don't excel at intelligence tests. Yeah, there are clever players and they can be intelligent independently of they position, but we watch a sport to enjoy men at the summit of athleticism and technice. The same way I watch a play to stimulate my brain and enjoy with the intelligence of the artist behind it.

I don't need my artists running 4.4 the 40 yards.

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

if u think that lowly of the players why even watch football? i mean look i get it, these kids make alot of bad decisions that make one facepalm.....but i guarantee 99% of the people here would make the same mistakes if they were given 5m when they were that young AND had essentially raised themselves. These kids more often than not come from non existent families so they grew up with "da boyz".

im just real curious why people thst like to sht so much on ngl players bother to even watch it. I dont know if that specificslly describes you, im just msking a gen statement. I dont hold that lvl of vitriol for gordon and he's literally by himself cost the franchise 10 or more wins over the last 3-4 years. I realize he just has "addiction", an addiction afflicts people with varying IQ equally.

While I'm glad to see your passion back on the board, try not to speak for me in this one.  First, my history in here has been rose colored glasses almost to a fault.  Never could do football without a game face and I'm not going to start doing it at 54 years of age. I predicted 8 wins this year and I'm one that has no problem admitting I'm wrong especially since practice makes perfect. If that makes me Linus in the pumpkin patch - so be it...

I don't think that lowly of professionals.  Never have.  I think that lowly of guys refusing to be professionals to the extent they need a speech from a well respected professional about needing to honor being a professional within a very limited opportunity they have to do so. I listened to Landry's speech enough to understand why it was warranted. Coincidentally, shortly after the 1st episode was filmed we had a 1st round WR that got traded to Buffalo for a stale bag of potato chips. Coleman was paid a 7-8 digit salary to be a professional that never came close to justifying what was committed to him.   Dropsies don't reflect focus while staying out with Kenny Britt til 3am the weekend of a game doesn't reflect commitment. Another WR that was suspended so often at Florida they called him "Gator Done" - just got himself in the news for getting into more trouble he could ill-afford.  I can't pretend that's smart for a guy that already had to wait 4 rounds to get drafted despite some scouts suggesting he had 1st round talent.   If I wrongly included Higgins and a rookie or 2 in that insult - my bad.    

You disappeared from the board for a long time but I've posted more than once how impressed I've been with the effort I'm finally seeing/perceiving from Gordon to remain clean.  I lost a brother that lost to addiction so I've seen what it can do to an extremely talented person.  I used to feel like Gordon agreed to treatment just to get people off his back with his only real plan being to try to outsmart the NFL drug testing process he's never outsmarted. That being the case I always wanted us to try to trade him as soon as it was possible. I no longer feel that way that way at all.   I'm actually impressed with how seriously he's finally taking his need to stay clean to the point I'm glad he's avoiding any/all triggers the month before games begin.  

Smart players with ideal professionalism are what attracted me to this team in the first place.  My avatar is of the 190 lb Greg Pruitt who was one of the strongest guys in the NFL pound for pound. These are just some of the pedigrees behind my permanent bond to this franchise: Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar, Ozzie Newsome, Clay Matthews, Jerry Sherk, Paul Warfield, Reggie Rucker, Doug Dieken, Hanford Dixon, Frank Minnifield, Eric Turner, Mike Johnson, Walter Johnson, Thom Darden, Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Earnest Byner, Tony/T-Bone Jones, Mike Baab, Robert Jackson, Tom DeLeone, Bam Bam Ambrose, Joe Delamielleure, Orlando Brown Sr, Leroy Hoard, Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Joel Bitonio, Brian Brennan, Pepper Johnson, Carl Banks, Bob Golic, Rob Burnett and Josh Cribbs.  Do you know what else all these guys had in common despite their diversity of backgrounds?  Nobody thought they were hollow domes.

Edited by Flugel
  • Upvote 1

Word

i want to be clear that i wasmt singling out flugel nor really critisizing him that hard. I mean i too was nodding my head at landrys speech, its about fukking time someone did that. I got plenty of issues witj some browns players and pro athletes in general. I just see alot of shtting on these players from alot of peopke for alot of different reasons. and sometimes it feels like bordering on hatred. I dont think i need to bring up the whole anthem stuff but thats just one example.

if somebody hates nfl players or just really loathes and contempts of pro curlers, i got no issue with that. But its weird to see people follow sport so religiously where they seemingly loathe the players. Im not accusing flugel of that btw im making a gen statement

• Upvote 1

i want to be clear that i wasmt singling out flugel nor really critisizing him that hard. I mean i too was nodding my head at landrys speech, its about fukking time someone did that. I got plenty of issues witj some browns players and pro athletes in general. I just see alot of shtting on these players from alot of peopke for alot of different reasons. and sometimes it feels like bordering on hatred. I dont think i need to bring up the whole anthem stuff but thats just one example.

if somebody hates nfl players or just really loathes and contempts of pro curlers, i got no issue with that. But its weird to see people follow sport so religiously where they seemingly loathe the players. Im not accusing flugel of that btw im making a gen statement

It needed to be said. I think it was directed at Coleman for sure, and maybe a couple of the other guys. Coleman did slack off with Britt. He was always injured. That makes me wonder when Landry said someone was on the sidelines when they weren't injured and that it made other people work harder. Maybe Coleman was just toxic, but the team seems better off without him. Didn't even the coaches yell at coleman during hard knocks for not giving effort on a play? If I remember correctly they did.

We've got a great group, and I feel really bad about Hue losing his mother and his brother. Hopefully we gel together and start to sync greatly. I just hope Hue can be tougher on our guys, because he seems too laid back, and the players don't seem very scared of him. Bill B doesn't get very angry at times, but if someone doesn't put in effort, or crosses him, they're instantly gone. I'd like to see Hue act more like that instead of just Dorsey doing it. Because Dorsey is aggressive, we no longer have Coleman. But I can guarantee, another WR wants "it" more than Coleman, who Ghoolie was right about.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Thanks Clevs - I appreciate the clarification!   And it looks like we totally agree about the need for Landry's speech. There's definitely a lot of bottled up frustration about the WR Corps here last year that got released the day Landry was brought here to instill a new level of professionalism.  You are RIGHT that the day of the dumb professional football player is over.  I just want it to also be over in Cleveland as we try to forget 0-16 football.  That's where I'm coming from. And as we've learned, you can have all the talent in the world but if you make bad decisions off the field (drug use, credit card fraud, driving with a suspended license) it can keep you off the field college and pro.  Callaway and Gordon are about as talented as it gets but they can't help us if they're wearing blue jeans on Sundays.  Both guys got suspended throughout college and found trouble early on in Cleveland.  I like Gordon's off season for the first time of his career; but through our experience I'm reluctant to get all excited about Callaway in the sense he still can't stop breaking the law.   It would be nice if he can prove that feeling wrong but this IS Cleveland we're talking about.

I even agree if anyone is KKK recruit material then following the NFL is a huge conflict of interest. My hope is Landry transcends the level of professionalism in a significant portion of our passing game.  It's up to his peers to get it or get out... I think most of us agree on that.

One thing no one has seemed to address. WTF was he doing out at 3am in the morning? Pros know that you find nothing but trouble during those kinds of hours.

Actually anyone should know that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 8/11/2018 at 1:14 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Just watched it last night...

Nassib going all Joe Pesci in Goodfellas during his enlightening financial discussion was possibly the whitest thing I've seen in a minute. "Hey, I'm the only white guy here talking to a bunch of black guys. I guess I need to say F U C K every other word so they'll take me seriously!" :D 

😂😂😂😂

On 8/12/2018 at 2:48 AM, stillmotion said:

It needed to be said. I think it was directed at Coleman for sure, and maybe a couple of the other guys. Coleman did slack off with Britt. He was always injured. That makes me wonder when Landry said someone was on the sidelines when they weren't injured and that it made other people work harder. Maybe Coleman was just toxic, but the team seems better off without him. Didn't even the coaches yell at coleman during hard knocks for not giving effort on a play? If I remember correctly they did.

We've got a great group, and I feel really bad about Hue losing his mother and his brother. Hopefully we gel together and start to sync greatly. I just hope Hue can be tougher on our guys, because he seems too laid back, and the players don't seem very scared of him. Bill B doesn't get very angry at times, but if someone doesn't put in effort, or crosses him, they're instantly gone. I'd like to see Hue act more like that instead of just Dorsey doing it. Because Dorsey is aggressive, we no longer have Coleman. But I can guarantee, another WR wants "it" more than Coleman, who Ghoolie was right about.

Good post Stills!  Cancer not only spreads quickly but it can return and/or spread even quicker.  When we see what Landry brings - we see everything that's been missing from our WR Group throughout 0-16. That can spread quickly too if we have the right guys here.  There was an article in www.clevelandbrowns.com that said Higgins responded well enough to the wake up call of getting cut to warrant the reasons for cutting him for part of last season.  If memory serves me right, he had a big day for us not too long after he got another chance. In part time duty last Thursday, he not only had 4 rec for 66 yards but #81 had a real nice solo tackle covering the kickoff in the first quarter. 

Hue has 2 Coordinators and a credible Vet like Landry that are willing to cuss like a Pittsburgh Trailer Park as Bad Cops if/when necessary.  Hue gets to be the Good Cop.  He can fanny pat the Jimmys and Joes while the Coordinators handle the Xs and Os.

Edited by Flugel

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

One thing no one has seemed to address. WTF was he doing out at 3am in the morning? Pros know that you find nothing but trouble during those kinds of hours.

Actually anyone should know that.

ya no Sheet when I have walked out of a bar at 2;30 3 a.m my uber is waiting at the door

1 hour ago, syd said:

ya no Sheet when I have walked out of a bar at 2;30 3 a.m my uber is waiting at the door

If I was out at that time of the morning I'd rely on an uzi not an uber.😂

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sheet, I'm waking up at that time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

WTF was he doing out at 3am in the morning?

.....apparently that's his lifestyle......when he's on his own.  I fear that he's just more trouble, waiting to happen.

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How can you cut in front of a car pulling out of a gas station at 3am in Strongsville? 

And what was with the posse of suvs going by? Looked like the fbi was raiding someone. 

Oh and I forgot to comment on Jarvis Landry sounding like he has Tourette's with his stupid constant "bless em'" nonsense. 

You know he has to be good, because if I was his head coach I'd cut him just so I wouldn't have to hear "bless em bless em bless em bless em bless em" all. practice. long. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh and I forgot to comment on Jarvis Landry sounding like he has Tourette's with his stupid constant "bless em'" nonsense. 

You know he has to be good, because if I was his head coach I'd cut him just so I wouldn't have to hear "bless em bless em bless em bless em bless em" all. practice. long. 🤣

Bless ya'!😁

• Haha 2

On 8/11/2018 at 10:28 AM, Tacosman said:

lmao.....there is ZERO chance of this happening if baker is healthy.

Baker  might completely suck,  but he;s the # overall pick.  He is the starter next year regardless of what TT does, probably sooner

And that would be Shmucking dumb. Aaron Rodgers was drafted in the first round. He wasnt the first overall but still a first round pick. He sat behind Brett. Sure, force Mayfield into the lineup so he can get ruined like all the other qbs that have gone through that revolving door in Cleveland. They signed a starter like tyrod for a reason. 

15 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2018/08/13/hue-jackson-browns-antonio-callaway-punishment/974589002/

So for the weed citation...callaway had to play nearly every snap...instead of benching...

Interestings strategy

A stupid one. I've been purposely avoiding posting in here during hard knocks because everyone is tearing apart the browns because of it. Watch or listen to what pat McAfee said about it for example. Callaway has talent and doing that only put the guy at risk for injury a d surprise, surprise he's now on the injury report. Hue Jackson is a Shmucking idiot.

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That’s what made his taunting penalty so puzzling. Who gets a taunting penalty for blessing someone?

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

A stupid one. I've been purposely avoiding posting in here during hard knocks because everyone is tearing apart the browns because of it. Watch or listen to what pat McAfee said about it for example. Callaway has talent and doing that only put the guy at risk for injury a d surprise, surprise he's now on the injury report. Hue Jackson is a Shmucking idiot.

It's the George Costanza coaching method. When your way never works, do the opposite. Hire that man.........................oh wait...................we did!!😲