THE BROWNS BOARD

OUR "Hard Knocks" Thread

Tour2ma

Just now, gumby73 said:

or did Haley swallow his canary in the end, cause those camera's were in the room? 💥 

You can tell Haley grew as a coach under Parcells.

The big tuna wouldn’t tolerate soft players.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Good question!  Though, maybe he means that they will earn them to wear at practice.

I wonder if NFL rules allows for different  (experimental?)  uniform/helmet variations for the preseason that would not apply to the regular season. I don't see why not, especially where a team may want to gauge how different looks go over.

put the ELF on the helmet

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

Me too K!  I added it for 9 and change on DirecTV. 

I really enjoyed the 1st episode.  I don't know what I'm celebrating most about Jarvis Landry - talent, work ethic or brains.  I'll take all 3.  That's about as close to walking on water as it gets from the WR position in Cleveland. No wonder why he uses the term "Blessed". 

I've got a confession... Bless'em then~

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

You can tell Haley grew as a coach under Parcells.

The big tuna wouldn’t tolerate soft players.

This may have been why Coleman was cut/traded. There WAS a reason for it. I just don't know what it was exactly. You don't cut a 1st rounder going into is 3rd year when he's finally healthy enough to get a gauge on. So far as Hue has always said, Corey was a playmaker and he just needed to be healthy. Something happened. Between the OC Haley bringing that up in the meeting and Landry's rant- maybe they were directed towards Coleman and a message was sent before that Sheet becomes contagious. ??? I don't know, but you could have gotten a 7th rounder outta nearly any team AFTER the Pre-Season. Money is NOT an issue so it has to be something else. 1-31 Teams turn over EVERY STONE. 

*- The Haley discussion I believe was regarding Duke Johnson and his susceptibility to hamstring pulls is what the reference I was getting from Hue. It could also related to Coleman I guess, and maybe Duke gets the message indirectly from Haley that it's time to pick it up, maybe it's to multiple players. That Sheet's contagious as Shmuck.

- It's weird to hear the players curse. We're all just people, tryna make some paper just to pay for dinner later. 

Well, Landry explained why HE is so good.  And Todd Haley asked how he was supposed to get his offense learned and synced when guys are getting days off.   - At least a couple of guys 'get it'.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I have HBO Now.....but could not get the program live.    Not sure why.  Maybe I can get it on rerun (on demand?).....

I could get a bunch of features on something called Browns Desktop (or the like)....but they were not the Hard Knocks program.

From HBO schedule, click on Hard Knocks at scheduled time or hit next week(s) for future showings:

TV-MA|58 MIN|2018|HD
Adult Language
Enthusiasm is building for the 2018 Cleveland Browns. As training camp begins, all eyes are on QB Baker Mayfield, the NFL's number one overall draft pick and future of the franchise. General manager John Dorsey and head coach Hue Jackson welcome a new batch of veteran acquisitions, including former Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl QB Tyrod Taylor and outspoken receiver Jarvis Landry, who led the NFL in catches with the Miami Dolphins last season. Evaluations begin as 90 players vie for 53 coveted spots on the starting roster.
TELEVISION 
SEE LESS
  • Tue, Aug 7   10:00 pm ETHBO
  • Tue, Aug 710:00 pm ETHBO LATINO
  •  
  • Wed, Aug 8    2:00 am ETHBO2
  • Wed, Aug 8    6:30 pm ETHBO
  • Wed, Aug 86:30 pm ETHBO LATINO
  • Wed, Aug 8    8:30 pm ETHBO2
  •  
  • Thu, Aug 9     1:00 am ETHBO
  • Thu, Aug 91:35 am ETHBO LATINO
  • Thu, Aug 9     12:30 pm ETHBO
  • Thu, Aug 912:30 pm ETHBO LATINO
ON DEMAND
Available Wed, Aug 8
STREAMING
Available Tue, Aug 7 at 10:00pm ET on HBO GO and HBO NOW

Going throw in a few impression/ thoughts and questions based on mullings over last nite's viewing before I take in the thread....

I plan to watch the episode again.

Impressions/ Thoughts:

• Loved the stripes coming off... will we appear stripeless Thursday nite?
  • Haley and Hue are going to have issues.
  • Appears we have leaders on both sides of the ball: Landry and Kirk.
  • Note to Higgins and the other WRs not named Landry... LESS ADMIRATION! MORE EMULATION!!
  • Greg Williams is one funny sumbitch... but seems to will himself to be an a$$. Kinda artificial...
  • The above seems to come naturally to Haley.
  • Hue is soft.
  • Chuckled at the contrast between Baker's arrival and Chubb's...
  • The mass Lake Erie plunge was lame bordering on gay.
  • Good to hear Myles is still working with BRUCE! But Willie wouldn't be a bad teach either...
  • Bito's rockin' the JT beard... now just rock his position.

Questions:

• Is the HC "chair" really that different? Aren't Coordinators impacted by players who are not available?
  • Is having a leader on O other than the QB a good thing?
  • Is Jarvis going to be our only decent WR? Only decent receiver period? (At least until Duke is used more at the position.)
  • 10% interest? Where does Nassib do his banking?

Most of my stuff was mentioned here or there... nice.

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

haven't watched the episode yet, but it's hard to imagine a 1-32 coach having a big disagreement with anybody about whether your team is soft or not. I know there's multiple variances why we're 1-32.

psst... 1-31... ;)

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

or did Haley swallow his canary in the end, cause those camera's were in the room? 💥 

Doubt it... the boss overruled so no reason to push it in the company of the staff... but bet they discuss it between themselves at some point.

Haley doesn't strike me as the forgive-and-forget/ go-along-to-get-along type.

2 minutes ago, MCGAHEE21 said:

https://youtu.be/0hBvO8b8RcA

My video on the continued incompetence of the Browns front office and why as a Browns fan we should be alarmed by the first episode of Hard Knocks

Quit wasting our time with this non-video video.

Ban this stupid MF.

Just now, MCGAHEE21 said:

Notice he wont offer any rational response

Most reviews were pretty good, IMBd:

8.5/10
Rate This

Hard Knocks 
55min | Documentary, Reality-TV, Sport | TV Series (2001– )

1 minute ago, MCGAHEE21 said:

Notice he wont offer any rational response

You have posted the same non-video 3 times now. If you want credibility then make a new real video and maybe people will watch. And you need only post it one time, not 3.

Rational enough for you?

Just now, MCGAHEE21 said:

Still no response....

Might be time to grow up

Oh brother a newbie with 5 posts telling tex to grow up.Oh well, on to something else. :lol:

4 minutes ago, MCGAHEE21 said:

Still no response....

Might be time to grow up

I don't respond to what is claimed to be a video. And the second person is often inaudible and since I can't see lips to read, then you are wasting my time.v

In other words your "video" is very poor quality. Remake it and post it again. I promise if you do a better job, I will then indeed respond to what you post.

1 minute ago, MCGAHEE21 said:

Im not the gm looking for validation from my multi million dollar qb by wearing the same hat in flip flops.

Just sayin

Just remake your video please. I don't think it's a lot to ask for if you want some credibility.

You want a response? Your video sucks. It's unwatchable and that's why it has exactly one reaction on YouTube. I'm fairly sure I can guess who "liked" it. You're trolling and nobody really cares. We have better trolls than you that pretty much live here. 

No. One. Cares. 

Archived