6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I feel good about where Gordon is after watching the episode.

Landry speech was great- that Sheet IS contagious! 

Carl and Taylor Swift... lol 

QB RV... Hard Knocks goes where it wants.... run a hose to the woods- SICK! lol 

Kirksey on the drums was dope.

Damn Hue, who knew?! Time to rally for our coach.

Culture change isn't just for the players. It's time to step up as fans. Wash away the old, bring in a new attitude. We're all part of the problem. 

Can't wait until Thursday. And next episode. Coleman looks pissed in the teaser. 

Two guys stood out when it came to being sensitive about Hue's losses. Our GM took it upon himself to make sure Hue was ok and organized others to help. And Josh Gordon came out of his own self imposed world to send a message of both condolence and encouragement that he would return ASAP. People back in the drug life normally do not do that. JG shows some insight about how important he is for Hue's future with this team. Lets all hope it's not JM kind of BS and that he does indeed come back soon and ready to go full speed. 

I do know one thing. He won't get away with any crap with Jarvis around. JL will be his biggest booster/supporter, but start f'n around and he will be stink on sheet. That guy is a real Browns old time football player with a ton of talent. Even the rest of his teammates both side of the ball recognize a real "star" who will lead this team with his play much like Jerry Rice used to do. Those guys don't impress easily, but they were IMPRESSED! So was I!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:
TV-MA|58 MIN|2018|HD
Adult Language
Enthusiasm is building for the 2018 Cleveland Browns. As training camp begins, all eyes are on QB Baker Mayfield, the NFL's number one overall draft pick and future of the franchise. General manager John Dorsey and head coach Hue Jackson welcome a new batch of veteran acquisitions, including former Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl QB Tyrod Taylor and outspoken receiver Jarvis Landry, who led the NFL in catches with the Miami Dolphins last season. Evaluations begin as 90 players vie for 53 coveted spots on the starting roster.
TELEVISION 
SEE LESS
  • Tue, Aug 7   10:00 pm ETHBO
  • Tue, Aug 710:00 pm ETHBO LATINO
  •  
  • Wed, Aug 8    2:00 am ETHBO2
  • Wed, Aug 8    6:30 pm ETHBO
  • Wed, Aug 86:30 pm ETHBO LATINO
  • Wed, Aug 8    8:30 pm ETHBO2
  •  
  • Thu, Aug 9     1:00 am ETHBO
  • Thu, Aug 91:35 am ETHBO LATINO
  • Thu, Aug 9     12:30 pm ETHBO
  • Thu, Aug 912:30 pm ETHBO LATINO
ON DEMAND
Available Wed, Aug 8
STREAMING
Available Tue, Aug 7 at 10:00pm ET on HBO GO and HBO NOW

For those of us who couldn't get enough BROWNS Hard Stuff.....

8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I feel good about where Gordon is after watching the episode.

Landry speech was great- that Sheet IS contagious! 

Carl and Taylor Swift... lol 

QB RV... Hard Knocks goes where it wants.... run a hose to the woods- SICK! lol 

Kirksey on the drums was dope.

Damn Hue, who knew?! Time to rally for our coach.

Culture change isn't just for the players. It's time to step up as fans. Wash away the old, bring in a new attitude. We're all part of the problem. 

Can't wait until Thursday. And next episode. Coleman looks pissed in the teaser. 

My steeler board posted about hue and his family last week. I was surprised to not see a thread here but didn't want to be the one to start one either.

There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

After sleeping on it and having it gnaw away at my subconscious all night, the whole "This is my chair, it's my call cause I sit in this chair. I used to sit in your chair" thing really came off as arrogant and was a microcosm of what makes Hue a 1-31/0-16 head coach.

You have multiple coaches, and a freaking stud PLAYER all saying the same thing, yet the "players coach" won't listen to a second of it...... Can you imaging Belichick being as soft as Hue? 

Hue the man is a good dude - Hue the head coach is in way over his head. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Just added HBO for a month...15 bux for a month...get me thru 

Me too K!  I added it for 9 and change on DirecTV. 

I really enjoyed the 1st episode.  I don't know what I'm celebrating most about Jarvis Landry - talent, work ethic or brains.  I'll take all 3.  That's about as close to walking on water as it gets from the WR position in Cleveland. No wonder why he uses the term "Blessed". 

9 hours ago, alporcini said:

Carl is a good guy!

Notice not one reference was made to his being a good football player. 

Anybody pick up one single play he was even close to?

I admit it. Don’t know nearly as much as any of you about football. For the most part I’m a lurker. But I’ve been a Browns fan since 1964  And having worked in television most of my adult life, that’s something I’m semi articulate about  

Dude better pick it up on the field real soon or he’s a TV casualty. 

This is Emmy winning Sheet. 

Nassib's had a good camp from what I've read. Fricking loved it, eyes were glued to the screen the entire show. Landry is going to blow up in this league like Antonio Brown, love the dude and he's been Dorsey's best decision so far. He's the leader this team's been lacking for years (sorry Joe Thomas). It's also obvious why they released (traded for peanuts) Corey Coleman, hopefully Callaway gets his act together but I doubt it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

And you can watch it on HBO on demand anytime.

I have HBO Now.....but could not get the program live.    Not sure why.  Maybe I can get it on rerun (on demand?).....

I could get a bunch of features on something called Browns Desktop (or the like)....but they were not the Hard Knocks program.

31 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Nassib's had a good camp from what I've read. Fricking loved it, eyes were glued to the screen the entire show. Landry is going to blow up in this league like Antonio Brown, love the dude and he's been Dorsey's best decision so far. He's the leader this team's been lacking for years (sorry Joe Thomas). It's also obvious why they released (traded for peanuts) Corey Coleman, hopefully Callaway gets his act together but I doubt it.

I hear ya

I was recording and watched it live

My wife got home about twenty minutes after it ended. We sat down, watched it again. 

Kept marveling at Landry and couldn’t stop thinking Paul Warfield. 

Really good job of production, editing and continuity. Totally dug how they intercut between Chubb and Mayfield at the airport. 

I liked how Baker came off throughout 

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

There is no crying in football.  Sucks but life happens.  We don't cry like squeler fans. 

No need for a hue thread unless he gets canned.

Lol. What reason do steeler fans have to cry? 

10 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Lol. What reason do steeler fans have to cry? 

Well, I don't know that they believe they have reason to cry......but the world weeps at the collective stupidity they demonstrate.   But then you probably know that because you have been told that so many times.  On the other hand, if you claim not to know that.......that just proves our point.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Me too K!  I added it for 9 and change on DirecTV. 

I really enjoyed the 1st episode.  I don't know what I'm celebrating most about Jarvis Landry - talent, work ethic or brains.  I'll take all 3.  That's about as close to walking on water as it gets from the WR position in Cleveland. No wonder why he uses the term "Blessed". 

Yup Tom- we finally have a guy who can catch the freaking ball, and is a born leader off the field. Now if Gordon comes back, we're going to be OK at WR. After seeing that episode, Callaway may have bought a ticket out of town.   

So the "Hue being too easy on the players thing" isn't just me, or some of us here, but I've also seen many mentions of it on social media and various 'news' sites this morning as well. 

However, Landry's tirade along with Haley's questioning of the culture out loud - and in front of the whole staff, may be exactly what was needed. I'm guessing before last night's show, there were probably 50-75 dudes on the team that never even heard about Landry's rant, much less knew its context...... but now they sure phucking do.

All these dudes either watched last night or have social media, or both, and they now know that some of them are considered 'soft' by their teammate(s), coaches and now the public. That can only be a good thing, as who the hell wants to come off as a pu$$y?

....... maybe that was Hue's genius plan all along? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, alporcini said:

Really good job of production, editing and continuity. Totally dug how they intercut between Chubb and Mayfield at the airport.

Yeah everyone knew Mayfield but Chubb was explaining what he did every step and some probably still think he was just a football player still @ Georgia since he never really elaborated until cornered. Fine with me. Let the play do the talking!

Just watched the 1st episode on HBO Go.  One player who really impressed me was Jarvis Landry.  I loved his speech to the other receivers.  We need everyone with his attitude.

Finally, I got to watch it after surfing for a while (420p but I'll take it). It was an entertaining episode, but apart from Landry being a blessing to the team, I sensed that not much action was going. 

I know that they have limited contact training and they had to focus on Hue's family plotline, but I want to see some fights, some fire. There are 90 players in the roster, only 53 staying by the end of the month, on a 1-31 team. That should push each one to their limit. 

Good to hear about Josh Gordon. 

Funny thing: Mayfield starts the episode introducing the RV and saying that ''in other teams rookies get the drinks to the vets and all that... Not here''. 30 minutes later on the episode, 4th string rookie Quaterback is buying and filling the snacks for the rest of the QBs, lol. 

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

After sleeping on it and having it gnaw away at my subconscious all night, the whole "This is my chair, it's my call cause I sit in this chair. I used to sit in your chair" thing really came off as arrogant and was a microcosm of what makes Hue a 1-31/0-16 head coach.

You have multiple coaches, and a freaking stud PLAYER all saying the same thing, yet the "players coach" won't listen to a second of it...... Can you imaging Belichick being as soft as Hue? 

I felt exactly the same. I never like when someone uses as the argument ''I was in your position, and thought the same. But if you were in my position, you'd do as I''. 

Maybe I didn't fully understand, but they were talking about making the injured players (or players with the risk of getting an injury) at least dress up for practice, right? They have to work on the work ethic and mentality. Even with the new additions, this team needs to play to its best to get a W. They're not earning one playing worse than the team in front of them, as some great teams do. 

• Like 1

hue said if I am not mistaken that only the final 53 will earn their stripes,,,,,so on thursrday night are we going to be playing in just orange helmets ? 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Where's the love for the Georgia Bulldawg landing at the Airport waiting on his bag? Poor Nick Chubb gets some HK fairy fan that don't even know who he is.:o..Poe'G we need you take one for the team..When da plane,da ✈️ Plane gets back from Giants game we want 1st class service by the Poe'g-man waiting...with Chubb banners 🎉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

I've always protected Hue, but after watching Hard Knocks, I have to agree with you.  Especially when Haley said the team was soft.  Hue, you have to wake up, or you won't be the leader of this team much longer.  As a matter of fact, I'd give him the first 5 games of the season.  If the record is still bad, he's out.  

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yeah everyone knew Mayfield but Chubb was explaining what he did every step and some probably still think he was just a football player still @ Georgia since he never really elaborated until cornered. Fine with me. Let the play do the talking!

I noticed that.  Even when the guy asked what team he played for and he replied Georgia, you would think the guy would have known we drafted him in the 2nd round.  But you could tell that guy was not a football fan.  Ask him a Baseball or Basketball question and i'll bet he could answer it.  We need our fans back and after this season or next, we definitely should. 

• Thanks 1

haven't watched the episode yet, but it's hard to imagine a 1-32 coach having a big disagreement with anybody about whether your team is soft or not. I know there's multiple variances why we're 1-32. I don't think the Browns are poosies by any stretch, these kids played hard for most of last year...they just sucked. But to a certain extent you have to acknowledge a 1-32 team has some issues with being soft. Maybe not physically so much but mentally for sure. If that's not dawning on Hue in year 3....well......I've also given him a lot of leash but that comes to a decisive end this year if the team still plays like it has for 2 years. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Finally, I got to watch it after surfing for a while (420p but I'll take it). It was an entertaining episode, but apart from Landry being a blessing to the team, I sensed that not much action was going. 

I know that they have limited contact training and they had to focus on Hue's family plotline, but I want to see some fights, some fire. There are 90 players in the roster, only 53 staying by the end of the month, on a 1-31 team. That should push each one to their limit. 

Good to hear about Josh Gordon. 

Funny thing: Mayfield starts the episode introducing the RV and saying that ''in other teams rookies get the drinks to the vets and all that... Not here''. 30 minutes later on the episode, 4th string rookie Quaterback is buying and filling the snacks for the rest of the QBs, lol. 

Nero, you will see more fights as the show progresses.  I think the players knew they were on TV and just need it to settle in.  

1 hour ago, syd said:

hue said if I am not mistaken that only the final 53 will earn their stripes,,,,,so on thursrday night are we going to be playing in just orange helmets ? 

Good question!  Though, maybe he means that they will earn them to wear at practice.

I wonder if NFL rules allows for different  (experimental?)  uniform/helmet variations for the preseason that would not apply to the regular season. I don't see why not, especially where a team may want to gauge how different looks go over.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I though Hue and the OC were going to get into an argument, but the OC let up.

or did Haley swallow his canary in the end, cause those camera's were in the room? 💥 

• Upvote 1

Anyone spot Coleman laying on the floor?

Little wonder they shipped his azz to another team for a 6 pack.