THE BROWNS BOARD

OUR "Hard Knocks" Thread

Tour2ma

What I saw:

Again loved the TE Juice...(Sorry Landry, you might have to get a new nickname)

Loved Nate Orchard for the same reason as I love Cajuste. He personifies what the Browns and the AFC north are about.. 

I was very disappointed in Landy, both in practice and in the game.. There is a fine line between Intensity and stupidity.. He crossed the line this week.  The fight shows that he has a hair trigger and is easily taunted.  In the game he let his trigger cause a penalty. And later on that big hit was really unnecessary and could have taken himself out of the game. I appreciate the intensity and were that an important game,, GREAT.. but it was the Bills in preseason.. be smart!

I LOVE TYROD! He has such a soft spoken leadership quality... I don't care how you pronounce his name. He is efficient, his team mates respect him. He has a great work ethic.. he is a Browns type personality..  

I LOVE BAKER!  In watching him take in all the adulation that is thrown at him, it is amazing he doesn't have a bigger ego.. It is almost a shame(not really) that both he and Tyrod are on the same team.. I want them to both play... QB by committee .. LOL not...

Am I the only one that feels that the energy between Hue Jackson And Baker Mayfield is weird? Every time they are caught on camera together it is like Hue is talking to a movie star or something and he gets all weird.. I think he is Star Struck or something... Strange.

I love our Offensive coordinator.  He is a bad butt, take no Sheet, NFC North knock you in the teeth type person....

Shmucking PENALTIES!! Some were a bit weak, but God Damn they have to stop with that crap.

I am not buying the Brogan story at QB.. He seems kinda special ed to me.. Not QB material.. I like Stanton at number 3 and no need for a number 4.. Drop him.

Were any of you uncomfortable with our Offensive line coach  showing pictures of Rhinos and Gorillas to show what a makes a good Lineman... Awkward

Loved the run game. 

Loved 1st team defense at 3 and out for first 3 Bills possessions. 

Thought that Dez seemed like a genuine person and really was impressed by what he saw at the Brown facilities.. I don't know, he might fit in just fine with our team even with Josh Gordon coming back..

And finally JOSH IS BACK!!  

BobPound.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, choco said:

Orchard missed what...3 sacks? 

He's a good guy by all accounts, just always a half step too slow to make an impact.

I know he has had chances in the past, but I think he is worth the bet. His team mates love him and he did make an impact in the 2nd half, but unfortunately it was against the 2nd and 3rd stringers.. I think he is worth one more chance. 

RE:  Todd Haley arrival . It is on another level better for the team .He is a guy you can go to war with. Love his approach and how he comes across in Hard Knocks.. This is his offense and it is a huge reason why there will be success on that side of the ball. Hue will let his guys manage and  i think  Todd will go a great job.

My random thoughts on last night’s show.

I kinda agree with Mike this episode was less exciting than the last couple. I did laugh a lot though. What was that thing the defense said in unison with Gregg Williams? “Get it sum’ bìtch” or something like that. Hilarious. I didn’t know that was a thing.

I liked the Orchard segments. Rooting for the guy, but not a good game from him.

I feel like l’m noticing Njoku getting a little leader like. Thought it was interesting he was the guy stepping up to address Brad Paisley in the huddle before they all did “1 2 3 Browns.” Not that that is a particularly leader like thing to do, but the comfort level he showed and how the teammates responded.

Mitchell the CB looks like a PI call waiting to happen. They showed a lot of his plays covering Landry and he’s pretty handsy.

Is it me or does it seem like Hue has a minor obsession with Gordon? Or like he’s a pet or something and dotes on him a bit much? It seemed there were a couple of scenes where Hue is all “he’s coming!” or “he’s heeere!” and everyone else is all “yeah yeah” about it.

For those familiar with the show The Sopranos, Brogan’s girlfriend resembles Drea De Matteo who played Christopher’s girlfriend on the show, both her mannerism and looks, but less Jerseyish.

D672995E-A229-4A3F-A413-FD178A6503C4.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Is it me or does it seem like Hue has a minor obsession with Gordon? Or like he’s a pet or something and dotes on him a bit much? It seemed there were a couple of scenes where Hue is all “he’s coming!” or “he’s heeere!” and everyone else is all “yeah yeah” about it.

To be honest if I'm Huey I'm counting on this guy along with Hyde, Landry, Tyrod  and the D to save my f'n job. So I don't blame him one bit.😓

40 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

My random thoughts on last night’s show.

I kinda agree with Mike this episode was less exciting than the last couple. I did laugh a lot though. What was that thing the defense said in unison with Gregg Williams? “Get it sum’ bìtch” or something like that. Hilarious. I didn’t know that was a thing.

I liked the Orchard segments. Rooting for the guy, but not a good game from him.

I feel like l’m noticing Njoku getting a little leader like. Thought it was interesting he was the guy stepping up to address Brad Paisley in the huddle before they all did “1 2 3 Browns.” Not that that is a particularly leader like thing to do, but the comfort level he showed and how the teammates responded.

Mitchell the CB looks like a PI call waiting to happen. They showed a lot of his plays covering Landry and he’s pretty handsy.

For those familiar with the show The Sopranos, Brogan’s girlfriend resembles Drea De Matteo who played Christopher’s girlfriend on the show, both her mannerism and looks, but less Jerseyish.

D672995E-A229-4A3F-A413-FD178A6503C4.jpeg

Every other word out of her mouth was 'like'.

Todd Haley going from the Steelers to the Browns is a big shift of power in our favor. Thank you Ben for not liking hardass Todd.

Dorsey is no dummy, he is holding off on Dez because of Josh. Dez can still help somebody but Flash, Juice, Cab and Hollywood is the most athletic foursome we have had at the position ... ages 27, 25, 23 and 21 ... might want to ride that out.

Then you've got Dorsey pick, Ratley, he ain't going anywhere.

At the bottom of the WR heap, look out for Derrick Willies, Baker's favorite 6'4 target that caught two TDs (but both called back). Jeff Janis you paying attention?

Moose The Dog looks like he is getting a lot of upskirt action.

Seth Devulva afraid if he eats one of Cajuste's cookies that he'll lose his job? Eat the cookie. Get on the field.

Orchard is certainly quick enough to get to the QB, credit the QBs with awareness and slipperiness. Keep Orchard.

Good call on Brogan's girlfriend ... but take a good look cause Bro has to go ...

637_1000.jpg

Bob Wylie’s “you think those guys at Normandy were worried about stretching?? Hold on let me get my rubber band to stretch before I run across this bench...” sh it was funny.... dude looks like a slob too. Haha. 

Man after watching the replays of that game... the refs were horrible... if those are the kind of penalties they are going to call... not sure how you even fix that...

Bob Wylie is a licensed Pilot. Amature Magician. Amature Musician with a Kirksey drum set in his own dining room..I hope we get more of BoB 

28 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Bob Wylie is a licensed Pilot. Amature Magician. Amature Musician with a Kirksey drum set in his own dining room..I hope we get more of BoB 

Bob needs to mix in a salad every now and then or there will be no more of Bob.

Zombo

11 hours ago, Zombo said:

Bob needs to mix in a salad every now and then or there will be no more of Bob.

Zombo

Watch this coconut salad 

👀😂🥥🥥🤣  Bob owns a Wait Room 

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

Todd Haley going from the Steelers to the Browns is a big shift of power in our favor. Thank you Ben for not liking hardass Todd.

Dorsey is no dummy, he is holding off on Dez because of Josh. Dez can still help somebody but Flash, Juice, Cab and Hollywood is the most athletic foursome we have had at the position ... ages 27, 25, 23 and 21 ... might want to ride that out.

Then you've got Dorsey pick, Ratley, he ain't going anywhere.

At the bottom of the WR heap, look out for Derrick Willies, Baker's favorite 6'4 target that caught two TDs (but both called back). Jeff Janis you paying attention?

Moose The Dog looks like he is getting a lot of upskirt action.

Seth Devulva afraid if he eats one of Cajuste's cookies that he'll lose his job? Eat the cookie. Get on the field.

Orchard is certainly quick enough to get to the QB, credit the QBs with awareness and slipperiness. Keep Orchard.

Good call on Brogan's girlfriend ... but take a good look cause Bro has to go ...

637_1000.jpg

I love Dez but i think it's true that we don't need him now. Adrianna from the Sopranos was HOT. I think Brogan's GF is hot like her as well. it's funny to me he met her on instagram. Those dang instagram models are fire nowadays.

Bob Wylie seems absolutely awesome, haley and williams seem awesome, and i love our team this year. We have a lot of spirit, I just hope Hue can be a true leader of men and be a great coach. 

I'm still cracking up that Wylie sports a Maserati. 

I definitely see the Drea de Matteo comparison with Brogan's gf, kind of a mix of her and Ke$ha. I was waiting for her to tell Brogan that she brushes her teeth with Jack Daniels. 

Once again, no Denzel Ward at all... and you would think replacing a Hall of Famer at LT would merit some kind of story line, yes? 

Dejuste is a cool guy, definitely get a strong California vibe from him. Devalve probably assumed the cookies had weed in them. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Once again, no Denzel Ward at all... and you would think replacing a Hall of Famer at LT would merit some kind of story line, yes? 

It really is unbelievable and my biggest disappointments of the series...... That being said, I'm still digging the schit out of it. 

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dejuste is a cool guy, definitely get a strong California vibe from him. Devalve probably assumed the cookies had weed in them. 

I just figured Devalve was one of those uber fitness guys that logged everything he eats into an app or something. The guy probably eats a pound of boiled turkey and raw kale every meal. 

The funny part was Njoku, who looks like a poster boy for fitness was all “you don’t have to ask me twice”, haha.

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I just figured Devalve was one of those uber fitness guys that logged everything he eats into an app or something. The guy probably eats a pound of boiled turkey and raw kale every meal. 

The funny part was Njoku, who looks like a poster boy for fitness was all “you don’t have to ask me twice”, haha.

I like Nojoke  more every week. NFL breakout star this year. Sashi nailed one.

Zombo

55 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

If he makes the catches consistently in the regular season, there is no upper limit at this point. He has a chance to be one of the best receiving TEs ever, but his has to come down with all the jump balls.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Yeah, same here. A fun part about Hard Knocks is you get to see who the personality guys are. Games let you know who the skill guys are, but skill guys and personality guys aren’t always the same guy. 

If Njoku tallies the numbers on the field l could easily see him padding his wallet with endorsements and commercial work. 

18 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

That brogan seemed like a box of rocks.

Butterflies can change color...🙄

Brogan to PS, book it. Probably same for 'Juice. Outside chance he makes the 53 man on STs.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Brogan to PS, book it. Probably same for 'Juice. Outside chance he makes the 53 man on STs.

Every team needs a "teamer" like Juice, even if it's just STs. He brings life to all the talented ones and often is the glue that cements a "family" into a real team unit. Those type of guys have a much more important role than some coaches ever realize. It isn't always Xs and O's. Sometime it's the team "mascot" on the bench that keeps the thoroughbreds functioning at a high rate despite any score they may see up on the board.

Different episode to be sure. Personally I loved the production values this one included like the early sequence intercutting B&W footage of the old Browns with the 2018 edition.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:08 PM, Kvoethe said:

So we all becoming Braid Paisley fans?

I love: Nationwide is on your side...

On 8/21/2018 at 10:57 PM, gumby73 said:

It's simple, Just rewind back to Bob Wylie... 2)Was he hearing music from Steve Miller calling him Glenn Miller?

No.... was musing what players in the '20's listened to while they stretched.

On 8/22/2018 at 11:55 AM, BobPOUND! said:

Again loved the TE Juice...(Sorry Landry, you might have to get a new nickname)

Nah... it's Juice vs. Juste... no conflict.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:07 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

I kind of liked the fact that former Aggie "Wrecking Crew"LB Larry "Black Death" Jackson was working with Josh individually after he returned to the Browns. If he wasn't already in great shape, he will be by game 1. Jackson earned that nickname from his Aggie players when he was S&C coach there.☠️😵

I thought you had repented of all the Sumlin fandom? S&C coaches whose teams can’t play a full season (like, at all) aren’t good. 

Archived