THE BROWNS BOARD

Pro pick'em league

ballpeen

57 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Lemme guess.... Mark O finished 8th...

Good guess.   Basically wanted to steal that line from Zombo before he said congrats to everyone who finished in the top 20 or whereever that dork finished.   :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Good guess.   Basically wanted to steal that line from Zombo before he said congrats to everyone who finished in the top 20 or whereever that dork finished.   :)

The dork forgot to make his picks twice this year so we're just going to reload for next year and run away with this damn thing.

Zombo

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

The dork forgot to make his picks twice this year so we're just going to reload for next year and run away with this damn thing.

Zombo

Still not sure how it happens when you manage to pick the browns game every week.    How do you make that mistake twice?   :)

5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Still not sure how it happens when you manage to pick the browns game every week.    How do you make that mistake twice?   :)

I usually pick the Browns and the Thursday game early in the week, with the intent to go back and pick the rest before Sunday. That strategy failed me, so there there will be a new gameplan next year. Maybe Roach's gameplan.

Zombo

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I usually pick the Browns and the Thursday game early in the week, with the intent to go back and pick the rest before Sunday. That strategy failed me, so there there will be a new gameplan next year. Maybe Roach's gameplan.

Zombo

Dork

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Sweet!

I accept this award for all the little people who did not win.

Oh yes all the world the world loves a winner......congratulations Tour. 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:22 PM, Zombo said:

I usually pick the Browns and the Thursday game early in the week, with the intent to go back and pick the rest before Sunday. That strategy failed me, so there there will be a new gameplan next year. Maybe Roach's gameplan...

... at least for the Browns...

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, Zombo said:

Zombo

I told you last year my friend, I do this every year.  I make all 17 regular season weeks picks before the first game.  That way I don't take any missed weeks, unless I miss a playoff week.  The way I do it is I pick any obvious mismatch, then just click the home team.

As for tie breakers, I just pick the same two teams and plug in any old score I want.  I figure it isn't going to come down to that all that much anyway.

Then as the season moves along, make any weekly adjustments you want.

Yeah, it takes a little while.  Sometimes I spread it out over a couple of days, 15 minutes at a time.  If you just pick the home team for every game you aren't going to get 0 wins.  You are going to get at least 5-6 wins.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Or you could just check your email for Yahoo's reminders to make picks...

He doesn't forget to make picks...for some reason he signs on on Tuesday and picks just the Browns game and the Thursday night game and then figures I'll do the rest on Sunday.    What makes no sense is once you've forgotten to go back Sunday and pick the rest of the games, why wouldn't you when you went on to pick the Browns game on Tuesday, just make a quick pick of all the rest of the games to make sure you never forget them all again.   That part makes no sense to me.  

I pick them all Tuesday morning when I go on to check the standings from the week and then adjust Sunday morning if any injuries or anything weird came up during the week. 

In the past I have missed a week or two, so forgetting isn't hard to do.  That is why I just do them all early, then adjust as I go.  If I forget to do that, which I have, the odds are pretty slim I am going to take a zero for the week.  Even if it is a bad week you are going to get 3-4 wines....usually 5-6, sometimes better.

• Zombo unpinned this topic

Archived