Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ballpeen

Pro pick'em league

Recommended Posts

... only to sink the following week.

Followed up a mediocre start with 1-3 in the late games. Oy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually it's really easy to figure out, still early yet.....congratulations leaders!

31-Life-Changing-Lessons-to-Learn-from-Albert-Einstein.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the roach-rule list grows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roach said:

I might as well stop in and brag in front of you, faking losers, while I have the chance.  It won’t last long....

FIFY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one thing worse than looking past this week's opponent... and losing... to next week's opponent. And that is losing to both...

Way to go Vikings!

 

Rams are revisiting their "Greatest Show" days, except this time it's on grass. I'm feeling pretty good about at least one part of one answer in Dutch's "18 Questions...

On 9/3/2018 at 10:17 AM, Tour2ma said:

14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl? Who wins?  Jags vs Rams... Rams win.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we currently have a slight 10 team tie going into MNF.......tiebreakers please. (Have you ever seen anything like this?)

Team Name Points
Tour's PrescientPigskinPicks Min Atl TB Det GB Ten Hou NE Jax Cle Sea NO LAC Bal -- 8
ballpeen LAR Atl Chi Det GB Phi Hou NE Jax Cle Sea NO LAC Pit -- 8
Betelgeuse Min Cin Chi Det GB Phi Hou NE Jax Cle Ari NO LAC Pit -- 8
Brownie Beater Min Atl TB Det Buf Phi Hou NE Jax Oak Ari NO SF Bal -- 8
jrb12711 LAR Atl TB Det GB Phi Hou Mia Jax Cle Sea NO SF Bal -- 8
MaximumJack LAR Atl Chi Det Buf Ten Ind NE NYJ Cle Ari NO SF Bal -- 8
Browns149 LAR Atl Chi Det GB Phi Ind NE Jax Oak Sea NO LAC Pit -- 8
mjp's ALL PROS Min Cin Chi Dal GB Phi Ind NE Jax Cle Ari NO SF Bal Den 8 <--- I was screwed by plil dawson! Well not literally.
Bakers Dozen LAR Atl Chi Det Buf Phi Hou Mia Jax Oak Sea NO LAC Bal -- 8
Cookie LAR Cin TB Dal GB Ten Ind NE Jax Oak Sea NO LAC Pit -- 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow talk about a tough season on pick 'em after the Thursday Night game in week 9 the top 15:

Standings

Rank Pick Set Name Total Pts W-L
1 rick's 58 58-58 <----- the top four are .500 out of 26 guys, I don't feel so bad now  :blink:
2 Tour's PrescientPigskinPicks 58 58-58
3 Brownie Beater 58 58-58
4 Cookie 58 58-58
5 DieHardBrownsFan 57 57-59
6 Howie 56 56-60
7 roach 54 54-62
8 Flyin J 54 54-62
9 Kmac's Dawgs 53 53-63
10 Browns149 53 53-63
11 mjp's ALL PROS 53 53-63 <----- down here with the -10 guys. :lol:
12 Mark O 53 53-63
13 G-Man 53 53-63
14 ballpeen 52 52-64
15 UGOTBLITZED 52 52-64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My picks didn't save and I had a 1 pick week some weeks ago and I remember that if they had been saved I would had 10 guesses that very weekend... Damn it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 2:32 PM, Nero said:

My picks didn't save and I had a 1 pick week some weeks ago and I remember that if they had been saved I would had 10 guesses that very weekend... Damn it.

Don't feel bad I did that in week 1 last year and had to battle a long way with one big X on me!  <_<

.......oh slight edit that was in the Survival where you have one shot but same thing you must SAVE your work, just like with computers!

And Tour made me feel much better, called it a rookie mistake, thanks. <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And Tour made me feel much better, called it a rookie mistake, thanks. <_<

My name is Tour.... and I'm here to help... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with 10 weeks in the book and 7 left in the regular season the top 5 or 10 or even 15 are still very much in this race.

Rank Pick Set Name Total Pts W-L
1 Tour's PrescientPigskinPicks 73 73-69  <---- the lone player over .500 :blink:
2 rick's 71 71-71
3 Brownie Beater 71 71-71
4 Cookie 71 71-71
5 DieHardBrownsFan 71 71-71
6 Howie 70 70-72  <---- just a net 3 out of 1st place?
7 mjp's ALL PROS 68 68-74
8 Browns149 68 68-74
9 Kmac's Dawgs 67 67-75
10 Browns57 66 66-76
11 Endymion 66 66-76
12 MILLERSC 66 66-76
13 UGOTBLITZED 66 66-76  <---- still tied for a close 6th or 9th if it ended now I believe? Still in it! :rolleyes:
14 Mark O 65 65-77
15 ballpeen 65 65-77
16 roach 65 65-77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never won a week... :wacko:

 

Hopefully saving my best for last... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... and roach zooms into the lead. :blink:

Meanwhile...

On 11/15/2018 at 4:20 PM, Tour2ma said:

Hopefully saving my best for last... :)

Once again proving that hope is not a plan I go O for Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

... and roach zooms into the lead. :blink:

Meanwhile...

Once again proving that hope is not a plan I go O for Sunday

On the bright side....you and Zombo got the same number of games right this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slim one-point lead here heading into the homestretch and we have have two line flips out of the four WC weekend games...

 

Pure torture...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week no line flips, but did have to adjust both Sunday spreads to attract more money to the favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow the race for win, place and show are still very much up for grabs going into SUPER BOWL LIII.

And both players tied for 1st place have never even won one single week, I've never seen that before.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

 

Standings

Rank Pick Set Name Total Pts W-L
1 Browns57 132 132-126 may come down to a tiebreaker???
2 Tour's PrescientPigskinPicks 132 132-126
3 roach 129 129-129 #3 and 4 tied at .500, what a year!
4 rick's 129 129-129
5 Kmac's Dawgs 128 128-130 and the beginning of the "thanks for playing" group :lol:
6 G-Man 128 128-130
7 mjp's ALL PROS 127 127-131
8 Mark O 123 123-135
9 Roaming Buffalo 123 123-135
10 Brownie Beater 122 122-136
11 ballpeen 121 121-137
12 Howie 120 120-138
13 Betelgeuse 119 119-139
14 UGOTBLITZED 119 119-139
15 Endymion 118 118-140

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that's why the books are always the real winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

And that's why the books are always the real winners.

Someone has to pay the light bill.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 8:52 AM, Tour2ma said:

And that's why the books are always the real winners.

Do you two want to pick the winner of the pro bowl as your tiebreaker? ;) or it all rides on SB score :)..Congrats Tour2ma & Browns57 !! from your sorry defending champ 🥊ding ding!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just FYI on this and next Super Bowl. Good luck!

 

ODDS TO WIN 2018-19 SUPER BOWL LIII (2/3/19) - from vegasinsider.com
Team Odds
New England Patriots -140
Los Angeles Rams +120
 
ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 SUPER BOWL LIV (2/2/20)
Team Odds
Kansas City Chiefs 7/1
Los Angeles Rams 8/1
New Orleans Saints 8/1
New England Patriots 10/1
Chicago Bears 14/1
Los Angeles Chargers 16/1
Minnesota Vikings 16/1
Green Bay Packers 20/1
Philadelphia Eagles 20/1
Pittsburgh Steelers <--- the top two in the AFCN 20/1
Cleveland Browns <--- Baker's Raiders 22/1
Dallas Cowboys 25/1
Houston Texans 25/1
Indianapolis Colts 25/1
San Francisco 49ers 25/1
Atlanta Falcons 33/1
Baltimore Ravens <--- down a bit 33/1
Carolina Panthers 33/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 33/1
New York Giants 40/1
Seattle Seahawks 40/1
Tennessee Titans 50/1
Arizona Cardinals 66/1
Buffalo Bills 66/1
Cincinnati Bengals <--- with a big bunch at 66/1 66/1
Denver Broncos 66/1
Detroit Lions 66/1
New York Jets 66/1
Oakland Raiders 66/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 66/1
Washington Redskins 66/1
Miami Dolphins 100/1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Tour and J-Rod each got the game right and tied for the Season.

A bit anti-climatic.

Zombo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zombo said:

So Tour and J-Rod each got the game right and tied for the Season.

A bit anti-climatic.

Zombo

Or Tour won in a photo finish with J-Rod the place and roach the show. Congratulations!

Ironically that was Tour's only weekly win of the season with J-Rod getting -0- and roach with 4 and only three guys over .500.....I'll bet you never see that again.

So for the "thanks for playing" group who made it all possible here is 21 weeks worth of excitement in one shot. 

 

Rank Pick Set Name Wk 1 Wk 2 Wk 3 Wk 4 Wk 5 Wk 6 Wk 7 Wk 8 Wk 9 Wk 10 Wk 11 Wk 12 Wk 13 Wk 14 Wk 15 Wk 16 Wk 17 P1 P2 P3 P4 Total Pts
1 Tour's PrescientPigskinPicks 10 8 6 9 6 4 7 7 9 7 5 11 8 7 3 10 10 1 2 2 1 133
2 Browns57 5 6 6 6 8 5 7 8 7 8 7 10 8 9 5 9 12 2 2 2 1 133
3 roach 7 9 10 4 11 6 2 4 6 6 9 10 8 11 8 5 6 3 3 1 1 130
4 rick's 7 8 10 7 8 7 2 8 5 9 8 8 6 11 5 6 11 2 1 0 0 129
5 G-Man 9 5 7 7 4 6 8 7 4 6 7 9 10 8 8 7 11 1 3 1 0 128
6 Kmac's Dawgs 5 2 7 7 8 7 7 9 8 7 6 6 8 8 8 10 10 1 3 1 0 128
7 mjp's ALL PROS 9 4 4 9 9 5 8 4 6 10 4 6 7 10 7 9 11 2 1 2 0 127
8 Mark O 8 6 7 7 6 5 4 10 6 6 6 9 5 9 7 11 8 2 0 1 1 124
9 Roaming Buffalo 6 4 5 6 6 8 6 7 9 5 3 9 8 7 8 12 10 2 2 0 1 124
10 Brownie Beater 8 6 9 9 6 5 7 8 6 7 2 9 5 5 7 10 6 3 2 2 1 123
11 ballpeen 7 5 10 8 7 6 3 5 8 6 5 8 10 9 8 5 6 1 3 1 0 121
12 UGOTBLITZED 8 4 8 6 7 5 6 8 9 5 3 9 6 8 5 5 10 2 4 1 1 120
13 Betelgeuse 6 4 7 9 4 0 6 7 10 6 5 9 9 7 5 9 10 2 3 1 1 120
14 Howie 8 8 6 7 9 3 6 8 7 8 5 12 8 8 6 8 1 2 0 0 0 120
15 Endymion 3 10 9 6 3 6 7 7 7 8 3 7 0 9 7 10 13 1 2 0 0 118
16 MILLERSC 8 6 5 6 7 4 8 6 9 7 2 12 3 6 4 9 11 1 2 1 0 117
17 Elecciones Huevo-Mano 8 4 6 6 10 1 6 7 8 6 6 6 3 8 7 7 13 2 1 0 1 116
18 The Great Zomboni 6 6 5 7 7 8 1 8 5 8 3 7 8 8 2 8 13 2 3 1 0 116
19 Cookie 9 9 5 8 8 5 6 8 8 5 4 12 9 5 5 9 0 0 0 0 0 115
20 Browns149 6 3 5 8 7 6 8 9 11 5 4 6 4 2 5 6 5 1 2 1 1 105
21 DieHardBrownsFan 8 7 6 6 5 7 8 9 10 5 4 9 7 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 97
22 jrb12711 10 5 5 8 4 0 8 0 8 8 3 0 7 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 72
23 Flyin J 7 6 6 5 6 6 9 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 54
24 MaximumJack 7 7 7 8 8 5 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 50
25 Bakers Dozen 0 5 6 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Or Tour won in a photo finish with J-Rod the place and roach the show. Congratulations!

Ironically that was Tour's only weekly win of the season with J-Rod getting -0- and roach with 4 and only three guys over .500.....I'll bet you never see that again.

So for the "thanks for playing" group who made it all possible here is 21 weeks worth of excitement in one shot. 

 

Rank Pick Set Name Wk 1 Wk 2 Wk 3 Wk 4 Wk 5 Wk 6 Wk 7 Wk 8 Wk 9 Wk 10 Wk 11 Wk 12 Wk 13 Wk 14 Wk 15 Wk 16 Wk 17 P1 P2 P3 P4 Total Pts
1 Tour's PrescientPigskinPicks 10 8 6 9 6 4 7 7 9 7 5 11 8 7 3 10 10 1 2 2 1 133
2 Browns57 5 6 6 6 8 5 7 8 7 8 7 10 8 9 5 9 12 2 2 2 1 133
3 roach 7 9 10 4 11 6 2 4 6 6 9 10 8 11 8 5 6 3 3 1 1 130
4 rick's 7 8 10 7 8 7 2 8 5 9 8 8 6 11 5 6 11 2 1 0 0 129
5 G-Man 9 5 7 7 4 6 8 7 4 6 7 9 10 8 8 7 11 1 3 1 0 128
6 Kmac's Dawgs 5 2 7 7 8 7 7 9 8 7 6 6 8 8 8 10 10 1 3 1 0 128
7 mjp's ALL PROS 9 4 4 9 9 5 8 4 6 10 4 6 7 10 7 9 11 2 1 2 0 127
8 Mark O 8 6 7 7 6 5 4 10 6 6 6 9 5 9 7 11 8 2 0 1 1 124
9 Roaming Buffalo 6 4 5 6 6 8 6 7 9 5 3 9 8 7 8 12 10 2 2 0 1 124
10 Brownie Beater 8 6 9 9 6 5 7 8 6 7 2 9 5 5 7 10 6 3 2 2 1 123
11 ballpeen 7 5 10 8 7 6 3 5 8 6 5 8 10 9 8 5 6 1 3 1 0 121
12 UGOTBLITZED 8 4 8 6 7 5 6 8 9 5 3 9 6 8 5 5 10 2 4 1 1 120
13 Betelgeuse 6 4 7 9 4 0 6 7 10 6 5 9 9 7 5 9 10 2 3 1 1 120
14 Howie 8 8 6 7 9 3 6 8 7 8 5 12 8 8 6 8 1 2 0 0 0 120
15 Endymion 3 10 9 6 3 6 7 7 7 8 3 7 0 9 7 10 13 1 2 0 0 118
16 MILLERSC 8 6 5 6 7 4 8 6 9 7 2 12 3 6 4 9 11 1 2 1 0 117
17 Elecciones Huevo-Mano 8 4 6 6 10 1 6 7 8 6 6 6 3 8 7 7 13 2 1 0 1 116
18 The Great Zomboni 6 6 5 7 7 8 1 8 5 8 3 7 8 8 2 8 13 2 3 1 0 116
19 Cookie 9 9 5 8 8 5 6 8 8 5 4 12 9 5 5 9 0 0 0 0 0 115
20 Browns149 6 3 5 8 7 6 8 9 11 5 4 6 4 2 5 6 5 1 2 1 1 105
21 DieHardBrownsFan 8 7 6 6 5 7 8 9 10 5 4 9 7 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 97
22 jrb12711 10 5 5 8 4 0 8 0 8 8 3 0 7 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 72
23 Flyin J 7 6 6 5 6 6 9 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 54
24 MaximumJack 7 7 7 8 8 5 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 50
25 Bakers Dozen 0 5 6 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 19

The Tie-breaker is to win the week, right? Not the Season. Or is the Week the Season when it comes down to the final pick? I will consider them co-champions, but Tour's name will get etched in the trophy first.

Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zombo said:

The Tie-breaker is to win the week, right? Not the Season. Or is the Week the Season when it comes down to the final pick? I will consider them co-champions, but Tour's name will get etched in the trophy first.

Z

They show the rankings as 1. Tour 2. Browns57 3. roach FWIW.  

SO Tour or co-winners on our contest?  (But Tour never wins anything by himself. :lol:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the winner and to everyone who finished in the top 8. 

Everyone who finished below that suck donkey butts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Congratulations to the winner and to everyone who finished in the top 8. 

Everyone who finished below that suck donkey butts.

Man, I was about to say congratulations to the top 17 and it still would have worked... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemme guess.... Mark O finished 8th...

lol... I win again!

On 2/5/2019 at 7:48 AM, Zombo said:

The Tie-breaker is to win the week, right? Not the Season. Or is the Week the Season when it comes down to the final pick? I will consider them co-champions, but Tour's name will get etched in the trophy first.

Sweet!

I accept this award for all the little people who did not win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×