THE BROWNS BOARD

The political side of college football

I care because the twats of this country are going to call for his head and won't rest until he's out of a job even though this literally had nothing to do with him. If he knew he should have fired the guy but that wouldn't have saved this female who stayed with an abuser of her own free will. Now we're going to lose a top five coach for minding his own business because some broad couldn't sack up and leave an abuser. Her parents, his parents did nothing. How about this Courtney? Call the fu¢king cops yourself instead of looking for someone to white knight you. 

I'm guessing that Urban was trying to save this coach's reputation since he's Earl Bruce's grandson.

That's just a theory considering there's no hard evidence against Urban Meyer...but yet again, nowadays one is guilty until proven innocent.

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I'm guessing that Urban was trying to save this coach's reputation since he's Earl Bruce's grandson.

That's just a theory considering there's no hard evidence against Urban Meyer...but yet again, nowadays one is guilty until proven innocent.

Lol. 

Not today Canton, not today.

WSS

Meyer had a clause in his contract that requires him to report any type of Title IX violations (abuse, intimidation, etc) that he knows of at OSU or any previous school. This doesn't mean he has to break the law. It is a purely moral issue for Meyer at this point.

Smith's wife was pressured into not saying anything because she was told he'd lose his job and she and her kids would be on their own.

There was an incident in 2009 and one in 2015. We're fairly certain Meyer lied to the media a few days ago about not knowing about the 2015 incident. 

There's a rumored "undercover" video coming out on this. But the guy that filmed it doesn't have the best reputation.

Meyer preaches respect women, etc. to players. That makes this look worse.

Smith is Earle Bruce's grandson, a very important person to Meyer. He could have kept it quiet for that reason. There's also rumors Smith has dirt on Meyer based on second hand quotes from his wife

Meyer's time at UF had a lot of scandal too. The climate at the time was more forgiving, and he had Tebow to prop in front of the media. No one cared about all of the arrests, etc at the time, outside of some opposing fanbases. Jump forward to now and that history at Florida is being seen as a pattern of behavior by Meyer.

I've seen OSU fans want to turn this into a Trump-like media bashing session. Some want to say Meyer did nothing wrong. Just about everything else I've read makes it look like he'll be fired soon. Meyer's previous interactions with the media and previous actions at Florida may be fueling this, but I don't think I'd call it a witch hunt if it's all legitimate.

Regardless of how dumb the rules are that canned Pryor and crew, Tressel lied to the NCAA and started players he knew were ineligible.

Now you can disregard everything I said because I'm a Michigan alum.

no, some of that stuff seems a bit more damning now. fuuuuukkkkkkk, god dammit meyer

but i stand by the fukking tressel bullsht, selling ur own sht for tattoos is like more of a basic right than firearm possession. Its fukking capitalism. I own something that someone will provide me a service for in exchange.........that........is.........fundamental economics that has existed since we came down from the trees.

19 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

no, some of that stuff seems a bit more damning now. fuuuuukkkkkkk, god dammit meyer

but i stand by the fukking tressel bullsht, selling ur own sht for tattoos is like more of a basic right than firearm possession. Its fukking capitalism. I own something that someone will provide me a service for in exchange.........that........is.........fundamental economics that has existed since we came down from the trees.

You're right, they should have been allowed to sell their own stuff. I agree completely. But Tressel still lied to the NCAA and played knowingly ineligible players. That's the issue.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/player-mistreatment-allegations-surface-against-meyer/ar-BBLpN7t?ocid=spartandhphttps://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/player-mistreatment-allegations-surface-against-meyer/ar-BBLpN7t?ocid=spartandhp

ok, the video in that link is pretty bad. Looks like they secretly taped some ex players of his talking about him. Holy fuk...the story of the dude who utterly ruined his Sheet on leg press's, that injury sounds as bad as I've ever even heard of and I've been around weightlifters/powerlifters my whole life. 

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

well, this might be awkward for some of you....looks like the guys that are doing the Meyer take down are also the group that did the abortion clinic video's. Awwkkkwwwaaarrrrdddd

Yeah he's a scumbag, vulture, video editing guy. No doubt. If that Sheet is true though, yikes.

I have to say, I was surprised to hear Paul Finebaum go off on Meyer today

He called him an arrogant liar and that's how he's gotten where he is today..

This isn't the interview but he's not real complimentary

Archived