THE BROWNS BOARD

Urban Meyer

darren15

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/28/2018 at 10:38 PM, MLD Woody said:

What a very SEC thing to say. It is very very much more widespread and prevelant at certain institutions.

I'm also all for paying the players btw. Compensate them for the millions they earn the university. If if is a free market Michigan has three funds to compete with anyone. At the very least they should be able to make money for their likeness, sell autographs, and yes, sell trophies for tattoos. The NCAA is a sham of an organization that will never seriously investigate any potential cheating if it hurts everyone's ability to make money. 

Yes the NCAA is. So why are you still crying about it? 

It is a free market now. You don’t need any “if.” You wanna win? Go spend the money you’re so patting yourself on the back for. 

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

Yes the NCAA is. So why are you still crying about it? 

It is a free market now. You don’t need any “if.” You wanna win? Go spend the money you’re so patting yourself on the back for. 

I think he is talking about giving money to the players, which you cannot spend money doing now.

But, what he says about TULN and their boosters having money and spending it, is true.  The dog and pony shows they take to Europe each year I understand are paid for by boosters, and, it is, apparently, permissible.   Can't blame them for doing it if they are allowed. 

Though, I only question: how is a trip to Europe paid for by boosters not an extra benefit, but buying them something something off the rack....clothing or something...or even giving them a car to use if paid for by a booster,  is.

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

A trip to Europe over spring break has an educational value

Pryor's Nissan 350 did not

But we've done this back and forth before and I know you'll stay on your anti Michigan at all costs kick

You are so fuyucking stupid that you can't even read or comprehend what I said.  I said more power to them if they can "get away" with giving these trips to Europe. 

No one here has traveled more than me I suspect, and I know that travel has educational value. 

But, the fact is, these kids don't see it that way.   If they were on Wheel of Fortune or Let's make a deal, and you gave them a choice of a trip to Europe, or a new car....what do you really think they would say is more beneficial to their lives and to their education?   A new car, that's what. 

I can tell you from my own experience that having a good, useful, funcitioning automobile was actually much more useful to my education than was my trip to Europe.   The car got me to and from class every day, and to and from work. (I had to work my way through school).

Of course, maybe it is different for someone who is on full scholarship, living in dorms, getting free room and board etc., not having to work a job.

On 8/30/2018 at 6:16 PM, MLD Woody said:

A trip to Europe over spring break has an educational value

Pryor's Nissan 350 did not

But we've done this back and forth before and I know you'll stay on your anti Michigan at all costs kick

A trip to Europe for almost anyone is a dream vacation of a lifetime. Education? Yeah exchanging dollars for euros. :lol:

Now pryor is still a genuine azzhole, always will be. Cars for jocks and their families has gone on since I was in high school 50 years ago and way before that.

These rivalry gotcha games can go on almost that long also.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived