THE BROWNS BOARD

Urban Meyer

darren15

On 8/25/2018 at 1:45 PM, MLD Woody said:

Alright, you're clearly not going to get it. It's been a common theme among "buckeye Nation" during this whole thing, so I'm not surprised. Everyone else seems to get it, so that's good. I'll just stop wasting my time trying to explain it to you

I get that you’re a little biased crickets little **MASK** that’s all that really the point is you’re trying to make is more about you than anything else

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Again, a simpering prig like you would want him fired for picking his nose on the sideline.

Again, your hypothetical, exaggerated scenarios mean little... as I'm talking about things that actually happened...

I can want OSU to look bad all I want, but u didn't generate an investigative report that makes Meyer, Smith, etc look bad and implicate them in a handful of things. And again, you should actually read it. Though I'm sure you won't take anything from it.

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Again, your hypothetical, exaggerated scenarios mean little... as I'm talking about things that actually happened...

I can want OSU to look bad all I want, but u didn't generate an investigative report that makes Meyer, Smith, etc look bad and implicate them in a handful of things. And again, you should actually read it. Though I'm sure you won't take anything from it.

I read from it.   The MAIN mistake Meyer did was to lie to the media.  The rest is all picayune that you choose to blow out of proportion. Some of it gets some mention in some quarters, but even the media sees no reason to "fire" Meyer.

Maybe you have been following Trump too much, since you want to fire anyone for anything.

Basically what I am saying is that no one outside of Ann Arbor and outside of some overly zealous Metoo fanatics agrees with you.  Not here, not at ESPN,  not anywhere. 

So, why don't you just screw yourself into the ground over it, Rumpy.

Jealousy is such an ugly thing. "Oh boy we can play gotcha with this! Fire his butt!"

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I read from it.   The MAIN mistake Meyer did was to lie to the media.  The rest is all picayune that you choose to blow out of proportion. Some of it gets some mention in some quarters, but even the media sees no reason to "fire" Meyer.

Maybe you have been following Trump too much, since you want to fire anyone for anything.

Basically what I am saying is that no one outside of Ann Arbor and outside of some overly zealous Metoo fanatics agrees with you.  Not here, not at ESPN,  not anywhere. 

So, why don't you just screw yourself into the ground over it, Rumpy.

But that simply isnt true. I am a huge Buckeye fan, and glad they didnt fire him, and I dont think he should have been either. But there have been people on TV who said he should have been fired. I agree with your premise, but saying nobody when it isnt true makes it look like you are only seeing and saying what you want.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Come on mjp, I know you're better than that.

Well it is true on some people or fans, kind of creates a feeding frenzy on attacking especially rivals or unpopular teams like Alabama. 

Human nature sometimes, and if a Michigan player or coach is in the news it can go the other way too......in a NY minute!

Right?

14 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

But that simply isnt true. I am a huge Buckeye fan, and glad they didnt fire him, and I dont think he should have been either. But there have been people on TV who said he should have been fired. I agree with your premise, but saying nobody when it isnt true makes it look like you are only seeing and saying what you want.

Oh, there may have been a few scattered people here and there......but they were few and far between.   Even a Buckeye hater like Paul Finebaum said it wouldn't shouldn't happen.

Those like the trollina Woody, basically say that you, as an employer, are responsible for the actions of your employees, and that if they do something wrong, you are responsible and should be terminated.

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well it is true on some people or fans, kind of creates a feeding frenzy on attacking especially rivals or unpopular teams like Alabama. 

Human nature sometimes, and if a Michigan player or coach is in the news it can go the other way too......in a NY minute!

Right?

So, when the next Michigan player commits a sexual assault (and there have been a few who have done so lately),  and the school covers it up, then Harbaugh should be terminated.  That, at least, is woody's way of thinking, clearly.

https://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Michigan-football-covered-up-rape-allegations-and-threats-of-violence-then-lied-about-it-people-need-to-be-fired-immediately-393

https://thinkprogress.org/feds-invesitgate-university-of-michigans-handling-of-sexual-assault-case-involving-football-player-3d83b0589e4a/

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Oh, there may have been a few scattered people here and there......but they were few and far between.   Even a Buckeye hater like Paul Finebaum said it wouldn't shouldn't happen.

Those like the trollina Woody, basically say that you, as an employer, are responsible for the actions of your employees, and that if they do something wrong, you are responsible and should be terminated.

Dont agree with that, maybe he SHOULD have known more, but I dont believe it is his responsibility to know everything about everyone.

People want to say others have more accountability being high profile, and maybe they should, but with the greater responsibility comes more work, pressure, and more people under them.

If you are in charge of a small office, you probably know the key points to their lives. CEO of a Fortune 500, greater responsibility and they dont know everything about everyone. 

Again, maybe he SHOULD have known more, but if he didn't it isnt a fireable offense 

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Right?

Alabama also has a history of shady recruiting and roster management tactics. Sure, people don't like them because they're good, but they're also not liked because they're dirty. 

If this exact same thing happened at Michigan I'd be angry at our local beat riders for hiding the story and protecting the university, appalled we kept a coach like Zach Smith around as long as we did while knowing what type of person he is, and I'd want Harbaugh fired for what was reported by the independent investigation and the attempt to cover up the scandal. 

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Dont agree with that, maybe he SHOULD have known more, but I dont believe it is his responsibility to know everything about everyone.

People want to say others have more accountability being high profile, and maybe they should, but with the greater responsibility comes more work, pressure, and more people under them.

If you are in charge of a small office, you probably know the key points to their lives. CEO of a Fortune 500, greater responsibility and they dont know everything about everyone. 

Again, maybe he SHOULD have known more, but if he didn't it isnt a fireable offense 

It's Meyer's job to know. He knew about the 2009 incident where Zach assaulted his pregnant wife, and yet he didn't tell Gene when bringing him on to his OSU staff. He knew about the 2015 incident. He knew about the DUI. It seemed like everyone knew about the in the office affair since they transferred the woman he was cheating with out of the department. 

He then followed this up with lying to the media, destroying evidence, and then showing 0 sympathy in his press conference "apology". 

There was grounds to fire Meyer with cause, but OSU didn't want to. That's not saying they had to, but they could have. They could have taken a hard stand and set a standard, but didn't. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

It's Meyer's job to know. He knew about the 2009 incident where Zach assaulted his pregnant wife, and yet he didn't tell Gene when bringing him on to his OSU staff. He knew about the 2015 incident. He knew about the DUI. It seemed like everyone knew about the in the office affair since they transferred the woman he was cheating with out of the department. 

He then followed this up with lying to the media, destroying evidence, and then showing 0 sympathy in his press conference "apology". 

There was grounds to fire Meyer with cause, but OSU didn't want to. That's not saying they had to, but they could have. They could have taken a hard stand and set a standard, but didn't. 

If he did know, he knew about allegations. As the coach was never charged with anything.

Again, do you think Jimmy Buffett knows EVERYTHING about all his employees? 

And I have heard this evidence thing referenced too. What I remember reading was he didn't have texts more than a year old. That certainly doesnt mean he destroyed anything. Doesnt mean he didnt, but just because he doesnt have anything older than that isnt a smoking gun.

Now I am not saying that he shouldn't have known, etc. But saying he knew about it in 2009, 2015, etc, all I can discern from those incidents is that there was some kind of allegation. Not saying he was guilty or not guilty, but there are 2 people that knows exactly what happened, and neither are Meyer. There were no charges. 

So please explain why you know more than the authorities since there were no charges?

40 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

If he did know, he knew about allegations. As the coach was never charged with anything.

Again, do you think Jimmy Buffett knows EVERYTHING about all his employees? 

And I have heard this evidence thing referenced too. What I remember reading was he didn't have texts more than a year old. That certainly doesnt mean he destroyed anything. Doesnt mean he didnt, but just because he doesnt have anything older than that isnt a smoking gun.

Now I am not saying that he shouldn't have known, etc. But saying he knew about it in 2009, 2015, etc, all I can discern from those incidents is that there was some kind of allegation. Not saying he was guilty or not guilty, but there are 2 people that knows exactly what happened, and neither are Meyer. There were no charges. 

So please explain why you know more than the authorities since there were no charges?

It was a clear pattern from 2009 on, from DV allegations to DUIs to in office affairs to restraining orders. That's the main issue for Meyer

No, of course not. But this is a much smaller group for Meyer and reports to Meyer. There were also ample issues he knew about and sure have triggered him to look into it more. But from the beat writers to the AD it's clear they didn't want to know more.

The report references a conversation between Meyer and the football director where Meyer asked how to delete texts older than a year from is phone. And this conversation occured right after the initial allegations. And then when they looked at Meyer's phone there were no texts older than a year. This is all on a public employees phone, that is subject to FOIA stuff 

Pretty much everything I'm referencing is listed in that report. 

38 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It was a clear pattern from 2009 on, from DV allegations to DUIs to in office affairs to restraining orders. That's the main issue for Meyer

No, of course not. But this is a much smaller group for Meyer and reports to Meyer. There were also ample issues he knew about and sure have triggered him to look into it more. But from the beat writers to the AD it's clear they didn't want to know more.

The report references a conversation between Meyer and the football director where Meyer asked how to delete texts older than a year from is phone. And this conversation occured right after the initial allegations. And then when they looked at Meyer's phone there were no texts older than a year. This is all on a public employees phone, that is subject to FOIA stuff 

Pretty much everything I'm referencing is listed in that report. 

I'll only reference one thing. A clear pattern from 2009. The DUI is a charge so no issue there, but with these multiple complaints for DV and no charge, one could also say that it was clear that she was not being beaten on. I am in no way claiming that to be the case, but with no charges one could take it either way. Point is there is zero proof either way without a case.

Still, Meyer himself in no way committed these crimes. It seems that some who are upset he wasnt fired want to make him out to be the perpetrator. And either way, Urban did not come out of this looking good

20 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I'll only reference one thing. A clear pattern from 2009. The DUI is a charge so no issue there, but with these multiple complaints for DV and no charge, one could also say that it was clear that she was not being beaten on. I am in no way claiming that to be the case, but with no charges one could take it either way. Point is there is zero proof either way without a case.

Still, Meyer himself in no way committed these crimes. It seems that some who are upset he wasnt fired want to make him out to be the perpetrator. And either way, Urban did not come out of this looking good

No, he did not....

Armstrong texted Meyer on Aug. 2 this year, the day after he was put on administrative leave, to let him know that two women were coming to his home and would "need four hours with your phone."

The day before, according to the investigative report, Meyer had a conversation with staff member Brian Voltolini about how to set his cell phone so that text messages that were more than a year old would not be retained on the phone. A week prior to that, Voltolini was notified by the university's Freedom of Information officer that the student newspaper had requested a record of Meyer's text messages from the fall of 2015. The investigators said they found no text messages on Meyer's phone that were more than a year old, but could not determine when he adjusted his settings to make those disappear.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

No, he did not....

Armstrong texted Meyer on Aug. 2 this year, the day after he was put on administrative leave, to let him know that two women were coming to his home and would "need four hours with your phone."

The day before, according to the investigative report, Meyer had a conversation with staff member Brian Voltolini about how to set his cell phone so that text messages that were more than a year old would not be retained on the phone. A week prior to that, Voltolini was notified by the university's Freedom of Information officer that the student newspaper had requested a record of Meyer's text messages from the fall of 2015. The investigators said they found no text messages on Meyer's phone that were more than a year old, but could not determine when he adjusted his settings to make those disappear.

Obviously nothing said will change your mind, and that is fine. All I will say is that none of the back information wouldn't hold up in court. It's all hearsay. You could be exactly right, or it could just be rumors and speculation. 

I'm sure one of the best coaches in the generation, or heck use Harbaugh has a lot more texts than I do. And I doubt I have texts back over a year. At some point they get erased.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Alabama also has a history of shady recruiting and roster management tactics. Sure, people don't like them because they're good, but they're also not liked because they're dirty. 

If this exact same thing happened at Michigan I'd be angry at our local beat riders for hiding the story and protecting the university, appalled we kept a coach like Zach Smith around as long as we did while knowing what type of person he is, and I'd want Harbaugh fired for what was reported by the independent investigation and the attempt to cover up the scandal. 

Everybody uses shady recruiting tactics. Don’t be a crybaby Woody. 

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Obviously nothing said will change your mind, and that is fine. All I will say is that none of the back information wouldn't hold up in court. It's all hearsay. You could be exactly right, or it could just be rumors and speculation. 

I'm sure one of the best coaches in the generation, or heck use Harbaugh has a lot more texts than I do. And I doubt I have texts back over a year. At some point they get erased.

I mean, it isn't hearsay. It was part of OSUs report. And sure, OSU investigated OSU and found OSU not guilty. So that investigation may have not gone as deep as it should have. But if they're reporting something negative towards OSU, it probably happened. 

Unless you've changed phones and not transfered your texts, you have texts back older than a year. You need to manually delete them or change a setting otherwise

You're also not a public, state employee subject to the FOIA. Big difference

It's not that my mind is biased and can't be changed. It's that all of the evidence, includjithst reported by OSU, points towards Meyer deleting his texts and destroying evidence as soon as he was worried about an investigation.

Props to the OSU student paper for trying to get the texts because we sure know the OSU beat writers weren't going to do anything.

43 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Everybody uses shady recruiting tactics. Don’t be a crybaby Woody. 

What a very SEC thing to say. It is very very much more widespread and prevelant at certain institutions.

I'm also all for paying the players btw. Compensate them for the millions they earn the university. If if is a free market Michigan has three funds to compete with anyone. At the very least they should be able to make money for their likeness, sell autographs, and yes, sell trophies for tattoos. The NCAA is a sham of an organization that will never seriously investigate any potential cheating if it hurts everyone's ability to make money. 

Here are some things you are going to have to live with Woody:

A. Urban Meyer ain't going nowhere.  Deal with it and STFU.

B. TLUN (Those Losers Up North) are going to continue being TLUN.

C. You are a troll on here as much if not more than Ghoolie is.

D. Repeat A, B, C

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I mean, it isn't hearsay. It was part of OSUs report. And sure, OSU investigated OSU and found OSU not guilty. So that investigation may have not gone as deep as it should have. But if they're reporting something negative towards OSU, it probably happened. 

Unless you've changed phones and not transfered your texts, you have texts back older than a year. You need to manually delete them or change a setting otherwise

You're also not a public, state employee subject to the FOIA. Big difference

It's not that my mind is biased and can't be changed. It's that all of the evidence, includjithst reported by OSU, points towards Meyer deleting his texts and destroying evidence as soon as he was worried about an investigation.

Props to the OSU student paper for trying to get the texts because we sure know the OSU beat writers weren't going to do anything.

But it is hearsay. An investigative report heard that he asked this person a day before, and a newspaper tried to obtain copies but could not know when they were deleted.

Without direct evidence and testimony that is exactly what it is.

Again, not saying he did or didnt do anything wrong. But everything needs to be looked at in the same light.

The exact reason I pointed out to Gip that there were people saying he should have been fired.

And of course he has a different employer, but if the settings were different on his phone or didn't get them transferred doesnt make him shady. It's a possibility. And whether you want to believe it or not, at some point old texts can be deleted. It all has to do with settings and physical memory. That is why there are settings on a phone for lock messages. It's so they DONT GET DELETED 

Archived