Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Urban Meyer to miss three games without pay. OK circus is over.....I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Circus is not over. A half measure punishment was the worst thing they could have done.

 

And people are already tearing apart the committees report. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2018 at 7:54 AM, jrb12711 said:

Let's also point out this is objectively wrong too. Title IX in this case would have required Urban to report abuse, and new reporting also dictates his contract stated as much too. Unless you think Meyer is above federal law, you're just plain incorrect.

If Urban knew and didn't report, he should and will be fired. Period.

Your just wrong title 9 only applies to employees.  Also what was there to know he knew about the incidents told gene, gene went to the Powell pd no charges filed nothing to report unless it’s crimenal there is nothing here it’s none of anyone’s business 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Circus is not over. A half measure punishment was the worst thing they could have done.

 

And people are already tearing apart the committees report. 

Right....they should have given out NO punishment.  Report said he did nothing wrong....except lie to the media.  Like I have always said, it was just a PR gaffe.    College HCs lie to the media just about every time they open their mouths.   I guess the only question is: what do they lie about.  Nick Saban says that he does not know who his starting QB is going to be in their opening game. Everyone knows that is a lie.  Of course he knows.  So, like I said, is it just a matter of which subject the lie is being told about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Your just wrong title 9 only applies to employees.  Also what was there to know he knew about the incidents told gene, gene went to the Powell pd no charges filed nothing to report unless it’s crimenal there is nothing here it’s none of anyone’s business 

Actually.....in re Title IX.....the report says that it was the Title IX officer (who got the info from the Campus police....who got the info from the Columbus police)  who told  AD Smith about the allegations...and AD Smith told Meyer.

Now...what was Meyer to do to comply?  Turn around and tell the AD and the Title IX officer the same stuff that he was just told by them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it should have been all or nothing at all it's a really bad look for the bucks,of course something worse will come along and it will be forgotten about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like their title odds now. Angry team. RIP Big 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wargograw said:

I like their title odds now. Angry team. RIP Big 10.

last I checked the odd's have not changed and he will only miss 3 games against patsies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, syd said:

last I checked the odd's have not changed and he will only miss 3 games against patsies

TCU isn't that bad and before they play PSU. 

The distraction and media blah-blah-blah is always the worst part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, syd said:

last I checked the odd's have not changed and he will only miss 3 games against patsies

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term "I like their odds"....

 

Also not sure what the second part had to do w my comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, syd said:

last I checked the odd's have not changed and he will only miss 3 games against patsies

TCU, I don't think, is a patsy by any means.  They have been one of the best teams in the Big 12 the last decade.  

In the last decade they have ended up ranked in the Top Ten   6 times!!:

2008  7th

2009 6th

2010 2d

2014 3rd

2015 7th

2017 9th 

This is in the entire nation.

And the game is in the AT&T Dome in Arlington TX....a home game for them.

If Ohio State is not on their game they could get whipped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term "I like their odds"....

 

Also not sure what the second part had to do w my comment. 

" I like their odd's" I am familiar with the phrase I was just saying their odd's have not changed so I guess I have no idea what you meant to gip  I believe The BUCKS D will destroy tcu and their pass happy O  from a weak butt big 12 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Circus is not over. A half measure punishment was the worst thing they could have done.

 

And people are already tearing apart the committees report. 

Woody gonna cry

 

Image result for baby crying gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Your just wrong title 9 only applies to employees.  Also what was there to know he knew about the incidents told gene, gene went to the Powell pd no charges filed nothing to report unless it’s crimenal there is nothing here it’s none of anyone’s business 

Lol no, if you're too ignorant to understand then dont write for god's sake. He absolutely had to report if it wasnt already reported. As it turns out the title IX coordinator informed them of the report and as such he didn't have to. If that was not the case and he didn't report, he would have been fired. 

But what do I know, I'm just graduated educated working directly in his field. Shmuck me right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Right....they should have given out NO punishment.  Report said he did nothing wrong....except lie to the media.  Like I have always said, it was just a PR gaffe.    College HCs lie to the media just about every time they open their mouths.   I guess the only question is: what do they lie about.  Nick Saban says that he does not know who his starting QB is going to be in their opening game. Everyone knows that is a lie.  Of course he knows.  So, like I said, is it just a matter of which subject the lie is being told about.

The report gave a good number of reasons they could have fired Meyer. They took 11 hours to come up with "the meds made him forget". Hell, the report basically says Meyer destroyed evidence. 

OSU was dragged through the mud with this and it might not be over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst part about the whole punishment was the presser.  Meyer seemed like a 12 year old who's parents told him to read an apology before his 6th grade class.  It came off as being a nuisance more than anything, which isn't surprising considering he's a successful college football coach.  Again what is most disheartening are the number of OSU fans already rationalizing his behavior.  #MOSUGA

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The report gave a good number of reasons they could have fired Meyer.

No, it didn't.  Only in your ignorant venal mind did it. 

They took 11 hours to come up with "the meds made him forget". Hell, the report basically says Meyer destroyed evidence. 

OSU was dragged through the mud with this and it might not be over

Yes, it is over.  Except maybe in the minds of d.i.c.kwads.   You qualify 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, syd said:

" I like their odd's" I am familiar with the phrase I was just saying their odd's have not changed so I guess I have no idea what you meant to gip  I believe The BUCKS D will destroy tcu and their pass happy O  from a weak butt big 12 

I meant I think they’re more likely to do big things than before all this. Not that hard brother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wargograw said:

I meant I think they’re more likely to do big things than before all this. Not that hard brother. 

oh a rally around are coach kind of thing no that never did cross my mind The Buckeyes are gonna play tough no matter what I do not believe what happened will make a difference one way or another.brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

 

Gip, it 100% gave multiple reasons OSU could have fired him. I know you didn't read it. At the end of the day, OSU didn't want to fire him. They gave the bare minimum punishment they thought the public would be happy with and spent 11 hours deciding how to rationalize it all. Everyone outside of Buckeye Nation realizes this. Realizes how awful that press conference was. And realizes how bad that reportade Meyer look. 

 

You're one of the most biased OSU fans here, I don't expect to start getting it now. Just know that the rest of the CFB world is looking at this a lot differently than OSU fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Gip, it 100% gave multiple reasons OSU could have fired him. I know you didn't read it. At the end of the day, OSU didn't want to fire him. They gave the bare minimum punishment they thought the public would be happy with and spent 11 hours deciding how to rationalize it all. Everyone outside of Buckeye Nation realizes this. Realizes how awful that press conference was. And realizes how bad that reportade Meyer look. 

 

You're one of the most biased OSU fans here, I don't expect to start getting it now. Just know that the rest of the CFB world is looking at this a lot differently than OSU fans.

You got one thing right....they gave him a punishment that they thought that some people would be happy about.   He deserved no punishment....yet they gave him this just to satisfy the hysterical crowd.   There were NO reasons to fire him. 

And I "get" everything.  Understand this: I am smarter than you....and I pay more attention to this than you.   Also, understand this:  NO ONE in the national media has concluded that he should be fired for what he did.  Most said that he should not be punished.   Only  ignorant, feckless, biased OSU hating fools like you believe that, and maybe a few people that think that anyone with a penis should have it cut off. Not by any means do the rest of CFB look at it any differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You poor, delusional, old man. 

I'd reiterate that you should read the report, but I know you won't. (Meyer probably destroyed evidence, Meyer hid Smith's past from Gene, Smith took high school coaches to strip clubs, BS excuse blaming medication, etc etc etc)

Again, it gave multiple reasons why they COULD have fired him. But at the end of the day OSU has shown they care more about winning than anything else. 

The rest of the CFB is shaking their head at OSU and that terrible press conference. Hell, Meyer released and apology for his apology today.. two days later... obviously because of the backlash he was getting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You poor, delusional, old man. 

I'd reiterate that you should read the report, but I know you won't. (Meyer probably destroyed evidence, Meyer hid Smith's past from Gene, Smith took high school coaches to strip clubs, BS excuse blaming medication, etc etc etc)

Again, it gave multiple reasons why they COULD have fired him. But at the end of the day OSU has shown they care more about winning than anything else. 

The rest of the CFB is shaking their head at OSU and that terrible press conference. Hell, Meyer released and apology for his apology today.. two days later... obviously because of the backlash he was getting. 

You idiotic ignorant young man.  NOTHING in there warranted his firing.  You only say so because you are a simpering prig who wants to come to certain conclusions, not because the facts or evidence warrant those conclusions.

Who is more qualified to analyze those facts, evidence?  Me, a 37 year experienced attorney, court magistrate, or you.....a bean counting guy who tries to figure out why a wheel goes around.

And sure.....Meyer issued an apology....merely because political correctness in an age of Domestic Violence hysteria it is expected of him to do so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, you're clearly not going to get it. It's been a common theme among "buckeye Nation" during this whole thing, so I'm not surprised. Everyone else seems to get it, so that's good. I'll just stop wasting my time trying to explain it to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and after all of this The BUCKS will be in the final 4 while mich sits at home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, MLD Woody said:

You poor, delusional, old man. 

I'd reiterate that you should read the report, but I know you won't. (Meyer probably destroyed evidence, Meyer hid Smith's past from Gene, Smith took high school coaches to strip clubs, BS excuse blaming medication, etc etc etc)

Again, it gave multiple reasons why they COULD have fired him. But at the end of the day OSU has shown they care more about winning than anything else. 

The rest of the CFB is shaking their head at OSU and that terrible press conference. Hell, Meyer released and apology for his apology today.. two days later... obviously because of the backlash he was getting. 

somebody mad!  Somebody mad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

somebody mad!  Somebody mad!

Man, you just have to try and troll me in every thread, huh?

 

 

Note to self: Make sure I have hobbies when old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a huge Buckeye fan and at least some of what Woody is saying is correct. Not that the school would have or wanted to, but several of these thing COULD have gotten him fired. And he could dispute that later. There are A LOT of things that people can get fired from, with cause and without. I am glad they didnt.

As for the comments that NO ONE from National media wanted him fired, that 1000% wrong. There have been people on ESPN and FS1 saying that he should. I'm sure you can find the videos. And you said most said he shouldn't be punished is wrong as well. 

Dont just think you know everything when their is evidence to prove you wrong. Even a very good friend and former player of Urbans said he was disappointed in it. That was Mr. Cris Carter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×