THE BROWNS BOARD

Urban Meyer

darren15

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, I'm not hear to defend Meyer because ultimately that's a strong chance he knew, or was aware.

But I just read everything in detail and it boils to this fact. We know for certain Urban Meyer's WIFE knew of the allegations, and talked to the wife of the guy constantly. As it stands today, there's no proof Urban Meyer knew. That's the objective reality of it, and TBH it's very disingenuous when Brett's article starts with "Text messages I have obtained, an exclusive interview with the victim and other information I have learned shows Ohio State coach Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations against a member of his coaching staff." There's no damming proof of that, at all.

Now with that being said, I'm not going to overtly defend the guy cause to suggest the wife didn't tell Urban is a stretch (but possible). Urban's wife is in big trouble though, as a OSU employee she was required by federal law to report that. Yikes.

Sounds like a divorce is in the making and a huge distraction for the upcoming football season.. "Blech".... This University has enough black eyes...

I'm happy I wasn't to one to make this thread.

There is a lot of media attention on this right now, people calling for Meyer to get fired, random message boards saying it's going to happen.

Not a good look for the university that still has the scandal with alleged sexual assaults on former wrestlers.

With today's climate and the MSU fallout, you can't be too careful. 

As more and more attention is put on this I can see it being more likely Meyer gets fired. 

Also this could be troubling:

At the end of McMurphy's report, he quotes Courtney Smith, the ex-wife of Zach, saying her ex-husband once told her, "if he ever got fired and all this comes out, I'll take everyone at Ohio State down with me."

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm happy I wasn't to one to make this thread.

There is a lot of media attention on this right now, people calling for Meyer to get fired, random message boards saying it's going to happen.

Not a good look for the university that still has the scandal with alleged sexual assaults on former wrestlers.

With today's climate and the MSU fallout, you can't be too careful. 

As more and more attention is put on this I can see it being more likely Meyer gets fired. 

Also this could be troubling:

At the end of McMurphy's report, he quotes Courtney Smith, the ex-wife of Zach, saying her ex-husband once told her, "if he ever got fired and all this comes out, I'll take everyone at Ohio State down with me."

To be totally honest, I could see his wife falling on the sword. She works at OSU and based on the current evidence can make a case she knew, didn't tell Urban the details, and will step down. It shows OSU did something with someone involved in the case and keeps Urban.

My honest to God gut feeling though is there's more to this, but maybe not. Based on the info available now though, I think OSU (or any other major program, let's be real) will put wins over this situation. I'm not sitting here to say it's right, it's just the truth. There's enough separation from the big guy in charge to justify it, and this is something that will fade away.

Who flippin care this is so stupid.  The man is not involved. The incidents in question did not accur on Ohio state property.  I repeat Meyer had culpability in the Matter.  This is the exact same as if you were not charged with a crime and your boss know about it or didn’t and you and he were fired.  This shows how stupid irrational and soft people are.  It’s sick and if he is fired it’s a full on boycott of college football 

HE is not involved this is a personal issue between smith and his wife by the way no charges where ever brought against him this is guilty without doing a crime it’s a media witch hunt used bully places like espn to drive there failing numbers.  

I’ll repeat this for the snowflakes that might read this,  this is not like anything that has happened to date. The incidents did not involve Meyer,  meyer didn’t do anything illegal,  it did not happen on Ohio state property.  Where he knew or not does not matter. 

17 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Urban has been put on paid adminstrative leave

Right, "SOP" standard operating procedure now for anything like this let the facts come out and then proceed......hopefully it won't take forever.

Meanwhile let the media circus do its thing, let the social media clowns do their thing, let anyone else who likes this kind of soap opera drama do their thing, I'll wait and see what happens. 

My concern is has Urban just about had his run at being in the 24/7 spotlight that is big time D-1A college football oh remember that we went through this before in 2011 when he took a time out. Luke Fickel went 6-7 the only losing record at OSU since 1897.   Meyer, 54, been 73-8 since then at OHIO STATE hopefully he has a few good years left. They do have a tough September schedule starting 9/15 with TCU and later PSU.

GO BUCKEYES! Go away bull$hit stuff.

10 hours ago, Babernakle said:

I’ll repeat this for the snowflakes that might read this,  this is not like anything that has happened to date. The incidents did not involve Meyer,  meyer didn’t do anything illegal,  it did not happen on Ohio state property.  Where he knew or not does not matter. 

I think you made your point.

11 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Let's also point out this is objectively wrong too. Title IX in this case would have required Urban to report abuse, and new reporting also dictates his contract stated as much too. Unless you think Meyer is above federal law, you're just plain incorrect.

If Urban knew and didn't report, he should and will be fired. Period.

Urban has a clause in his contract requiring him to report this. If you're hard enough on him it can be seen as enabling Smith.

I find it funny people care about his Florida issues now. The stuff other fanbases have been saying for years, NOW it matters. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Urban has a clause in his contract requiring him to report this. If you're hard enough on him it can be seen as enabling Smith.

I find it funny people care about his Florida issues now. The stuff other fanbases have been saying for years, NOW it matters. 

Eh, I mean IDK about that. The stuff with Urban at UF started pretty early into his tenure there. Up until this point Meyer hasn't even had a whiff of serious allegations against him and he's going into year 7 of the job. It's not unreasonable to say that maybe the time off and new gig changed his philosophy up. Of course if this all turns out to be true, that's dead wrong. But I don't think it's insane to consider he changed his ways before this came out.

Personally I've always thought he's been in the gray area of a lot of stuff. But frankly, I feel that way about the majority of NCAA coaches at the elite level.

1 hour ago, Richiswhere said:

....if all the coaches knew about this then why aren't they all suspended ?

These and other questions yet to be answered.

Does the head coach really matter that much to the yearly  success of a team? On a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 the highest what do you think? 

21 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Does the head coach really matter that much to the yearly  success of a team? On a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 the highest what do you think? 

in CFB, 10/10. The simple reason is the top-tier coaches recruit top-tier players which is required to compete for national titles. I have no doubt in the likely event Urban resigns OSU will pick up the pieces, but it's gonna be a tough 3-4 years of losing recruits.

1 hour ago, JPPT1974 said:

He needs to work on being a better human being. And make amends. As really best to resign and let them move on.

I can only assume that you were talking about Zack Smith and nobody elseI can only assume that you were talking about Zack Smith and nobody else

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So Gene Smith is sweating now...

I LOVE IT!!

Suddenly, Urban remembers,,,, he DID know!! 🤣

Last week he was Sgt Schultz

i-know-nothing-nothing-lick-meme-com-928

How much money do ya think Buckeye Alumni and Boosters are doling out right about now 🤣

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

3. The same programs always win, and that’s not because they just happen to have the best coaches. 

Archived