THE BROWNS BOARD

Why is Jackson Painting Himself Into a Corner?

BobPOUND!

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Also

Coleman has only played in 19 games and 10 were as a rookie and 9 were with Kizer. Taylor will make Coleman better.

Everybody wants to go back and change the draft after some guys look bad and others look great. Its Colemans 3rd and final season with the Browns. I dont see how they can keep him if he does not get better. 

This is his 3rd season.. He didnt do much with McCown throwing the ball the season before , dufus...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

Hue keeps saying Tyrod is the starting qb, because the media asks him EVERY SINGLE DAY! I have listened to three post-game press conferences and every single day their is a Tyrod vs Baker comment. What is he supposed to do? He gets dinged if he answers the question and he gets dinged if he doesn't answer the question. I actually think this is the smart play. let people know that Taylor is the starter and go into the season that way. 

This is not a Kizer situation where they want to "see" if Mayfield has it. Mayfield is proving he is legit (in shorts and t's of course so take it for now). But the Browns also know how much media scrutiny there is going to be especially with Hard Knocks around. They are going to slow play him as long as possible because they KNOW he is their qb of the future but they also know they need to win ball games. Taylor is GOING TO WIN some games. plain and simple. He is at the very worst a solid NFL qb. If the browns can get a little momentum and start to get the feel of a winning culture, especially early on, this team is going to start to play relaxed football. However, the opposite is true. If they start to lose early, and Baker is the starter not only will moral be down, but the questions of was he the best choice at #1. This is assuming he is playing well. Imagine if he is not playing well and someone such as Rosen or Darnold are having good starts to their careers? Jackson is playing the long term game and Dorsey is letting him go. Plus, this drives competition to the rest of the team as they are proving it does not matter where you are drafted, the best players are going to play. 

(Side Bar, I really like most of these rookie qb's and think at the very least they are going to be solid nfl qbs. The more i think about it, Rosen was my favorite qb from a skills perspective but Baker is exactly what the browns need for this team. He's smart, has a swag, he connects really well with the fan base, and he is a worker. He may not be the most gifted, but he clearly fits the personality and the culture the Browns are building).

This is Dorsey's team.

He drafted Aaron Rodgers who sat. He drafted Mahomo who sat. He traded a high third for Tyrod so our rookie (turned out to be Mayfield) could sit.

Mayfield is under contract for five years, Taylor is under contract for one year ... we all know what is going to happen. But it won't happen this year unless A, Tyrod gets injured or B. We fall out of contention. Until then Tyrod is the starter and it makes perfect sense.

Zombo

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Image result for coleman dropped catch gif

So that was Kizer's fault? Dude can't catch, and can't stay healthy. It happens (cough Greg Little cough), and while he deserves a last shot he's shown very little at this point.

Coleman caught the ball and the DB knocked it out. 

Still Coleman has to come down with those and especially on big plays. Lets see what happens with Tyrod and Haley before throwing dirt on Coleman. It does not look good for him at this point, but rebounds do happen.

10 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Still Coleman has to come down with those and especially on big plays. Lets see what happens with Tyrod and Haley before throwing dirt on Coleman. It does not look good for him at this point, but rebounds do happen.

In what world did he catch the ball?

If you are saying this is a fumble, then it's first down and we were headed to 1-15 and 0-16 never happened. 

Z

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

FWIW, Hue WANTED Brock Ostrich to be worth the time and money the FO wasted on him so he didn't have to gag on Kizer.  I remembered hearing him say he wanted to go with a veteran instead of experience. During the preseason, Ostrich couldn't throw a football into Lake Erie from the wet rocks touching it. Kizer could only throw the ball over Lake Erie to Canada when we just needed a touch pass or quick out.  It was pick your poison and live it.  When we started Hogan, he had more turnovers than a bakery. That doesn't bail Corey Coleman out for dropping the ball vrs Pittsburgh.  It was a 2 way street here where we had the worst WR Corps in the NFL working with the worst QB situation and what many deemed the worst OC.   

So, we changed FO and got better choices at QB,WR and OC.  Love hearing what Baker is doing with his new teammates and playbook.  I think he's going to be great if we don't rush it. Keep in mind, he hasn't seen 1 opposing defense yet where he not only has to know our playbook but all disguised schemes/ alignments within the limited time he'll have for pre-snap reads.  Aside from that, we will have a inexperienced LT that is built like a Guard and trained all off-season to face 330-350 lb DTs instead of the Von Miller.  While I think Bitonio can settle in do a nice job - there's a reason he's expressed some concerns in spite of his willingness to put "team before I."  All that being the case, I don't mind seeing Taylor begin the year as the starter especially if he continues his low volume of INTs. 

IF Taylor disappoints, does Haley look like the kind of guy that will accept that for an extended period?  He'll be swearing in 5 different languages in Hue's in ear at rock concert decibels.

Merde

27 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

That's just objectively wrong, and is clear as day even in a less than HD .gif. His hands are empty a full second before the Steelers player hits him. Come on man.

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Maybe the ball was moving and it scared him.  :lol:

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000900558/Corey-Coleman-drops-would-be-catch-to-seal-Steelers-win

Clear enough for you? Just admit you're wrong man, it's not like I'm even disagreeing with you fundamentally.

Jeezus, it's not even remotely close.

Boo Fagtard brings the collective Board IQ down.

Zombo

16 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Its hard to see it that video.

Especially if we're not powering down Tequila and eating the worm. 

Is there another video where we can clearly see Casper the Friendly Ghost knocking the ball out of Coleman's hands?   

19 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I said this is his 3rd year Coke Bottle glasses.

Hey Booze, what's with all the name calling lately? 

Your horrible week in here began in the Dez thread with your thesis that Kenny Britt's career was on the same path as Larry Fitzgerald's until 9 weeks, not to be confused with 9 years, with Kizer ran the train off the tracks.

1 minute ago, Flugel said:

Your horrible week in here began in the Dez thread with your thesis that Kenny Britt's career was on the same path as Larry Fitzgerald's until 9 weeks, not to be confused with 9 years, with Kizer ran the train off the tracks.

Figbar, whats with all the whining?

As usual you cant read. Never said that Britt was on Fitzgeralds path. Why dont you show everyone where that was stated? You cant because its all made up in that delusional crack addict head.

7 minutes ago, Flugel said:

His horrible week?

This is consistent with his work. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What is even being argued about here? 

Basically, I said that I believe that Taylor will make Coleman and Higgins better. Taylor has a higher completion %. The Buffalo WRs had good numbers and their worst guy would be one of the best for the Browns last season.

What happened next was the primate section of the board went crazy. Upset and throwing feces led by the head chimp Zombie. Flugel deserves honorable mention as well. Dutch Boy too.

Just now, boo fagley said:

A crackhead calling the kettle black?

Says the guy that blames Kizer for the reason Britt has 8 disappointing seasons to show for his 9 year career.  You know things are going horrible for you when you gotta revert back to 2nd grade bus stop smack. What's next - my dad can take your dad?

Maybe next week we can work on the difference between 9 weeks and 9 years.  Baby steps.

Just out of curiosity, what did you do with all your old Steeler jackets?   I know you didn't give them to Ghoolie because he has to shop at Tent City for all his clothing. 

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Says the guy that blames Kizer for the reason Britt has 8 disappointing seasons to show for his 9 year career.  You know things are going horrible for you when you gotta revert back to 2nd grade bus stop smack. What's next - my dad can take your dad?

Maybe next week we can work on the difference between 9 weeks and 9 years.  Baby steps.

Just out of curiosity, what did you do with all your old Steeler jackets?   I know you didn't give them to Ghoolie because he has to shop at Tent City for all his clothing. 

Classic, whining about name calling after name calling. 

Britt had flashes of being good.

No need to work on anything. I forgot more about football than you will ever know. Wrong about the Steeler fan too there Skippy.

15 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000900558/Corey-Coleman-drops-would-be-catch-to-seal-Steelers-win

Clear enough for you? Just admit you're wrong man, it's not like I'm even disagreeing with you fundamentally.

Ya know, Coleman had some decent games even last season. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11278/corey-coleman He could still turn out to be a keeper, but a disappointment as a 1st round pick.

How do you explain the Steelers drafting Emanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown is the same draft? 

14 hours ago, Zombo said:

Jeezus, it's not even remotely close.

Boo Fagtard brings the collective Board IQ down.

Zombo

Yeah, but youre still too scared to come and kick my azz like you promised.

Im here whenever you are ready. Like I stated before you can call me whatever you want to my face.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Basically, I said that I believe that Taylor will make Coleman and Higgins better. Taylor has a higher completion %. The Buffalo WRs had good numbers and their worst guy would be one of the best for the Browns last season.

What happened next was the primate section of the board went crazy. Upset and throwing feces led by the head chimp Zombie. Flugel deserves honorable mention as well. Dutch Boy too.

I don't know about that other stuff, I just chimed in when you said Coleman caught the ball. It is the single dumbest thing anyone has ever said on this board in 15 years

Z

25 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Yeah, but youre still too scared to come and kick my azz like you promised.

Im here whenever you are ready. Like I stated before you can call me whatever you want to my face.

Dude, I'm not coming to your trailer park.

If you want your retarded ass kicked,  just come to the Browns Board Tailgate Sept. 20th.

Z

Archived