THE BROWNS BOARD

Got my foid card

One Post

Thank God I live in Texas where all you have to do is pass a background check off your drivers license. They call it in and sell you the gun right on the spot. The LTC is more involved. But in Texas you can carry in your car or out of sight on your motorcycle without a license to carry. I got the LTC so I can cross state borders and carry concealed.

You take classes for the CC up there? Written exam and shooting exam?

Which Springfield did you get?

59 minutes ago, One Post said:

Yep. Next up my CC.

Got a .40 Springfield its really ok

Next up i don't know yet.

Hey post sounds good.  What else is new with you? 

7 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I thought convicted felons weren't allowed to possess firearms😁

From AMERICAN CONCEALED.....

https://americanconcealed.com/articles/second-amendment/can-you-get-a-concealed-carry-permit-with-prior-record/

You may wonder if you’ll be able to carry a concealed permit with a prior record. Unfortunately, there isn’t one answer that covers everyone who has a prior record. It depends on what you’ve been convicted with and what state you are currently residing in and where you want to obtain a permit.

The following are some misdemeanors that can prevent someone from obtaining a permit for carrying a concealed weapon:
Marijuana possession or paraphernalia possession pending misdemeanor charge
Misdemeanor drug conviction
First and fourth degree domestic violence conviction
“Offenses of violence” conviction
Assault
Menacing
Child endangerment
Negligent assault
Resisting arrest
Disorderly conduct
Default on child support
Violent crime felony

Anyone convicted or charged with a violent crime felony in which he/she has harmed or murdered someone cannot obtain a concealed carry permit. Only those involved in non-violent felony crimes may be eligible for a permit. However, there may be a waiting period of 10 years from the date of the conviction.

I got detained once with a friend at the American embassy in Caracas for having a hunting knife on my belt. My friend and I had been living right next to the jungles and were fresh in to the city for the first time. But since i was 14 I doubt they kept a record. LOL!🤣

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I got detained once with a friend at the American embassy in Caracas for having a hunting knife on my belt. My friend and I had been living right next to the jungles and were fresh in to the city for the first time. But since i was 14 I doubt they kept a record. LOL!🤣

Like the old joke arrested or convicted? No, I think.  :lol:

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Worse-released to fathers who were not happy about leaving work to take their dumb teenagers home.🤡🤠

Me and some friends decided to go behind a golf course club house and take a few cases of bottles (the old quart bottles) and refund them at the local store.  We did, then decided to go back for more.  As we were loading up the trunk of my friends 63 chevy wagon, a park ranger pulled in.  We all high tailed it into the woods, except for the guy who's car it was of course.  We snuck through back yards and grave yards, and were going down route 82 (we had a LONG walk back, maybe 20 miles).  Every  time we would see a car we would hide.  After a few miles we didn't hide and it was a cop.  He stopped and said 'hey fellas, where ya headed' we told him a cowpoop story.  He said 'hop in, I'll give ya a lift'.  No sooner were we in the back seat he said 'by the way, your friend Olson says hello'..  Seems our good buddy had ratted us out to the coppers.  He took us to the ranger station and proceeded to call our parents (we were all around 15/16).  My old man was not a happy camper when he showed up.  They ended up dropping the charges thankfully.

Back in the day, in hs, there had been trouble around Halloween, so they had a temporary curfew for a month or so - but three of us were sitting around one night, and the gal with us guys, decided she was going to go tp her ex boyfriend's house, she was pretty steamed at him for lies about having his way with her to his friends.

We tried to talk her out of it - it was well past curfew, but would she listen? nope. She was going by herself. So, we went with her, to make sure she was safe. Sure enough, his parents called the police - they didn't know what was going on, but saw the commotion in their front yard. Seriously?

Walking back home, we saw a cruiser coming, and hid, cruiser goes by, goes to the house we just helped her tp, well down the street, and we snuck more streets before running a few more. It's a big intersection to cross, so she decided she would sneak along the tree line. I wanted to go down an adjacent street, another mile, then cross into the outer reaches of our neighborhood. You think she'd listen to me? nope.

So, taking her stupid short-cut along the tree line and fence AROUND THE POLICE STATION PARKING LOT.... a policeman had been sitting in his cruiser, just got off work, talking to his wife. and saw us carefully following the tree line.

Yes, he started his cruiser wheeled around, and she froze and he had a nice conversation with her. We hid in a ditch, but he knew we were there. He was grinning about it all, said he would have gone with her as well back in the day, but he had to take us in. Called parents, parents not happy, etc.

Archived