THE BROWNS BOARD

Dez on his way ?

darren15

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Seems like a waste of money, but thats one thing this team has in spades.  As long as the youngsters aren't impeded or have to take a back seat because Dez throws a fit, I don't see the harm.

This kind of feels like going to church when you've got an assss full of gas and turbulence you gotta power sphincter closed in a room full of people.  That ain't lasting 60 minutes before people are complaining about the stink and where it came from. 

1 minute ago, Flugel said:

This kind of feels like going to church when you've got an assss full of gas and turbulence you gotta power sphincter closed in a room full of people.  That ain't lasting 60 minutes before people are complaining about the stink and where it came from. 

i cant think of a better place to vacate a colon full of gasses from decaying organic matter. Matches the hot noxious fumes coming from the pulpit.

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Heres the bottom line... If ,  And I mean If Josh Gordon has anything to do with getting us a SB win... All of this crap will be forgotten about like it never happened.. I know it.. You know it.. So all of you do goody church goin muther fukkers can GTH!

Once again, when the Browns need Josh Gordon, he's not available. 

And I'm an atheist, so my spot in the fictional warm place would already be reserved without your input or request. 

Listening to 92.3 and Chris Fedor a hour ago, I feel he nailed the Dez situation perfectly: 

"There's a reason he's still a free agent looking for a job... His ability on the field has decreased enough where team's don't think it outweighs his personality anymore". 

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Listening to 92.3 and Chris Fedor a hour ago, I feel he nailed the Dez situation perfectly: 

"There's a reason he's still a free agent looking for a job... His ability on the field has decreased enough where team's don't think it outweighs his personality anymore". 

Oh yes, there's a reason some used cars just sit on car lots, there's a reason some houses don't sell, there's a reason penny stocks are penny stocks......until some sucker comes along to buy them.

(some of my old favorite sayings ;) )

4 hours ago, nickers said:

. So all of you do goody church goin muther fukkers can GTH!

I ain't no goody church goer..........................................but I'll own up to the rest..........................well my kids' mother anyway.😍

Church is an umbrella - for the "goodies" and the "baddies" alike...

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes, there's a reason some used cars just sit on car lots, there's a reason some houses don't sell, there's a reason penny stocks are penny stocks......until some sucker comes along to buy them.

(some of my old favorite sayings ;) )

Exactly!  We're not that far removed from wasting 12 million $ on quick sand named Dwayne Bowe.   Then we rinsed and repeated with the brat named Britt.  Before all that, we thought we stole Davon Bess away from Miami - only to be left feeling like we got the next Tony Montana...

I hope we're finally done wasting time and money on WRs with their best days in the rear view mirror.  

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Once again, when the Browns need Josh Gordon, he's not available. 

And I'm an atheist, so my spot in the fictional warm place would already be reserved without your input or request. 

Fuk you too, Fag

It’s interesting how the collective media narrative of Dez Bryant possibly playing for the Browns has moved from a firm “hell no” to a “mmmm...maybe?” in a short span of time.

At first he wanted to play for a contender, and he was a headcase with declining abilities, and that was like last week. And now he’s an insurance policy for Josh Gordon with an incredible work ethic who is only a headcase because he wants to win so bad.

Just interesting to see the media about face in this. I suppose from Bryant’s perspective, training camp has started and he’s running out of options. 

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

It’s interesting how the collective media narrative of Dez Bryant possibly playing for the Browns has moved from a firm “hell no” to a “mmmm...maybe?” in a short span of time.

At first he wanted to play for a contender, and he was a headcase with declining abilities, and that was like last week. And now he’s an insurance policy for Josh Gordon with an incredible work ethic who is only a headcase because he wants to win so bad.

Just interesting to see the media about face in this. I suppose from Bryant’s perspective, training camp has started and he’s running out of options. 

Yeah, that about sums it up.  He's at the point where OchoCinco was when he showed up to NE with the impact of NoShowCinco. 

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Yeah, that about sums it up.  He's at the point where OchoCinco was when he showed up to NE with the impact of NoShowCinco. 

That's my take. We've had enough retiring WRs sponge off the Browns on the way out the permanent door.

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You wallow happily in your ignorance, don't you? You just let it wash over you, like a waterfall of stupidity. 

And you wallow in conceited , delusional bliss.. Have a $hitty day...

16 hours ago, Flugel said:

Ocho Stinko could not learn the playbook. Dim Bulb lined up wrong in the Super Bowl after 18 games and when NE was desperate and had to play him.

They must have drawn plays in the dirt over at Cinci. Go to the cheerleaders and cut across on three.

22 hours ago, Flugel said:

Exactly!  We're not that far removed from wasting 12 million $ on quick sand named Dwayne Bowe.   Then we rinsed and repeated with the brat named Britt.  Before all that, we thought we stole Davon Bess away from Miami - only to be left feeling like we got the next Tony Montana...

I hope we're finally done wasting time and money on WRs with their best days in the rear view mirror.  

Britt had Kizer throwing to the other team.

Gordon is a glass pipe full of crack away from starting in the CFL with Johnny Football.

20 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Britt had Kizer throwing to the other team.

Because Britt didn't get open or care to. He also had an experienced Tom Brady preferring to throw the ball to guys willing to break a sweat to get open.  Let's not overthink this Boo.  Britt has already found reasons to miss training camp practices.  The only reason Britt still has a job for the first 4 weeks of the 2018 regular season is because Julian Edelman is suspended for PEDs.

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Because Britt didn't get open or care to. He also had an experienced Tom Brady preferring to throw the ball to guys willing to break a sweat to get open.  Let's not overthink this Boo.  Britt has already found reasons to miss training camp practices.  The only reason Britt still has a job for the first 4 weeks of the 2018 regular season is because Julian Edelman is suspended for PEDs.

Hard to get open when you dont know where the ball is going.

Briit had to learn a new offense last season after being cut. 2016, his 3rd year in the Rams offense - 1000 yards, 5 TDs and 2 100 yard games. Briit tweaked a hamstring and landed on PUP. He is definitely in the Pats plans and not because of Edelman.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Briit had to learn a new offense last season after being cut. 2016, his 3rd year in the Rams offense - 1000 yards, 5 TDs and 2 100 yard games. Briit tweaked a hamstring and landed on PUP. He is definitely in the Pats plans and not because of Edelman.

Good WRs don't have a hard time getting open. Bad ones do. You can put your Lancelot armor on for NE all you want Boo. It doesn't change if you have a specified 7 route or 9 route called for the WR - he's expected to run the route (unless they have an audible or predetermined route adjustment) and get open.  The film will show who didn't get it done.  The receiver doesn't say "the QB won't be able to get it there so here's 2 middle fingers -  I'm running a 4 route instead."  It doesn't work like that.

I lived in Nashville for 11 years and was there the entire time Kenny Britt rarely justified the 1st round pick.  He was arrested in 2011 in NJ. In 2012 he was arrested again in NJ and charged with resisting arrest.

Anyway, here's the career stats of the guy you're arguing about:

2017 3 Games 2 receptions for 23 yds 0 TD in NE  9 Games 18 Rec 233 yds 2 TDs in CLE 

2016 15 Games 68 rec 1002 yds 5 TD Rams

2015 16 Games 36 rec 681 yds 3 TD Rams

2014 16 Games 48 rec 748 yds 3 TD Rams

2013 12 Games 11 rec 96 yds 0 TD TN

2012 14 Games 45 rec 589 yds 4 TD TN

2011 3 Games 17 rec 289 yds 3 TD TN

2010 12 Games 42 rec 775 yds 9 TD TN

2009 16 Games 42 rec 701 yds 3 TD TN

10 hours ago, boo fagley said:

In a world where Belichick always says "do your job" and an experienced Tom Brady was his QB - your Kenny Britt had 2 receptions for 23 yards in 3 games.  

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

Good WRs don't have a hard time getting open. Bad ones do. You can put your Lancelot armor on for NE all you want Boo. It doesn't change if you have a specified 7 route or 9 route called for the WR - he's expected to run the route (unless they have an audible or predetermined route adjustment) and get open.  The film will show who didn't get it done.  The receiver doesn't say "the QB won't be able to get it there so here's 2 middle fingers -  I'm running a 4 route instead."  It doesn't work like that.

I lived in Nashville for 11 years and was there the entire time Kenny Britt rarely justified the 1st round pick.  He was arrested in 2011 in NJ. In 2012 he was arrested again in NJ and charged with resisting arrest.

Anyway, here's the career stats of the guy you're arguing about:

2017 3 Games 2 receptions for 23 yds 0 TD in NE  9 Games 18 Rec 233 yds 2 TDs in CLE 

2016 15 Games 68 rec 1002 yds 5 TD Rams

2015 16 Games 36 rec 681 yds 3 TD Rams

2014 16 Games 48 rec 748 yds 3 TD Rams

2013 12 Games 11 rec 96 yds 0 TD TN

2012 14 Games 45 rec 589 yds 4 TD TN

2011 3 Games 17 rec 289 yds 3 TD TN

2010 12 Games 42 rec 775 yds 9 TD TN

2009 16 Games 42 rec 701 yds 3 TD TN

Kizer led the NFL in INTs with 22. How many more were dropped by the defense.

Lots of offenses dont have specified routes called. Its read and react how the defense is playing you after the ball is snapped. Just because a defense lines up a certain way pre snap does not mean that is the coverage.

2016 Britt didnt have any problem getting open and catching the ball after 3 years in the Rams offense and with only Case Keenum throwing the ball. Britt must have clicked with Keenum and thats important. You watched a new QB in Tennessee every year.

09 Young

10 Collins

11 Hasselbeck

12 Locker

13 Fitzpatrick

14 Mettenberger

Continuity with the same QB has a lot to do with success. Randy Moss stunk in Oakland with that cast of misfits.

Archived