THE BROWNS BOARD

Dez on his way ?

darren15

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sources: The #Browns and FA WR Dez Bryant have mutual interest and the team is working on scheduling a visit with him. Monday would be a logistical day, if not sooner. This could be a match.

I'll add that Dez & Hue Jackson are both rep'd by Jay-Z Roc Nation, Hue's agent John Thornton was at camp today meeting with Jimmy & Dorsey on the field..noise is getting louder on a 1 year deal & team visit..   

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

If he does sign

Bryant

Gordon comes back

Landry

Callaway

Ratley

"fixed"

:)

Cowboys fan here, I thought I would give you guys an inside take on Dez.

-For one, he's not washed up.  Physically he came into camp in great shape last year, he looked to be in for a big year but had the inexcusable issue with drops

-More problematic than the drops, we suffer from a lack of creatively offensively.  Defenses knows what we're doing and opposing defensive backs routinely run our receivers' routes for them. Dak is also wildly inconsistent.  Dez would thrive with Hue Jackson.

-He's a culture changer (in a positive way). 90% of the media takes on Dez sideline rants are utter cowpoop, it's always from a competitive "want to win" standpoint not "I want the ball" like they would have you believe.  DB's would get better competing against him every day.

feel free to shoot any questions

Gordon ain't gone. Just stop it- Stop it right now! 

43 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Louis gone.  Gordon gone.   We could use him.

Well HBO has to be loving all of this made for TV drama.  :o

You can't write this stuff, oh yeah!  Do remember Flash Gordon is a great potential talent but not exactly a proven commodity.......yet.

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Flash is not coming back.  We can't have Landry doubled covered.  Fez will alleviate the coverage.  You think Coleman broken hands will generate that? 

What makes you think that? He's not suspended.  MHO Coleman has a lot more to prove than Flash. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

What makes you think that? He's not suspended.  MHO Coleman has a lot more to prove than Flash. 

I don't think we'd be giving Dez the time of day if we were counting on Flash 100%. Something fishy going on here.

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This feels like Dwayne Bowe and Kenny Britt all over again... 

You betcha..Both were brought in to spell Gordon as a WR1 for same dope excuse. Britt is age 29 now getting 1.2M from Belly Check, but Bowe tops my list. Bowe was paying big dollars to strippers, now making attempt at rap singing. Bowe was wheel-less at the age of 31 when he came in here. Dez is 29. Bowe got 9M guaranteed of 13.4M to be a healthy scratch mostly and only played 7 games-5 catches-53 yards-0 tds..$1.8M/CATCH.Good on Pettine to tell Farmer your talent suk's.. Dez surely wants more than Britt money ya think? Dez was 'not' offered a deal by Dallas. Dallas agreed not to pay him 12.5M, which Dez points at some captains on the team blaming exit doors. Sean Lee accused as 1.Ravens could only offer a multi year deal to Dez to stay under team cap. Dez seems to of moved on from staying in dallas division cause no teams offered. Every player wants to play with a chance .imo, Dez now wants a 1 year deal to get to 2019. Seems like Dez will settle now for a offense that could still showcase him..far to many ways this one could twist. No better way to fill the shoe's of 1 dope to another doper? Antonio Callaway is kic'in A_ _ at camp,Jeff Janis has not dropped a single ball. I'd hate to see Dez nor C.Coleman stealing their reps..all on dorsey now    

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This feels like Dwayne Bowe and Kenny Britt all over again... 

I have the same concern, but this is also a much different FO here, so I guess we'll just have to trust 'em & see what happens.

Mike 

37 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't think we'd be giving Dez the time of day if we were counting on Flash 100%. Something fishy going on here.

The only thing fishy here is you jumping to conclusions.. Get the facts first...

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

The only thing fishy here is you jumping to conclusions.. Get the facts first...

I'll be interested to read if Gordon responses to Sheffty's report of anxiety disorder. Those reports should only come out at Gordon's choice.I've always thought that was the pressure that hit him every camp, that could cause a relapse..From reports, Camera's are all over the place at camp.not a Gordo place right now. But dorsey's presser than pending next moves has got me thinking what really happened when they turned gordo loose for 3 weeks..I,m glad the players seem to have his back..   

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I'll be interested to read if Gordon responses to Sheffty's report of anxiety disorder. Those reports should only come out at Gordon's choice.I've always thought that was the pressure that hit him every camp, that could cause a relapse..From reports, Camera's are all over the place at camp.not a Gordo place right now. But dorsey's presser than pending next moves has got me thinking what really happened when they turned gordo loose for 3 weeks..I,m glad the players seem to have his back..   

Sure.. But in case anyone forgot... He's not in camp due to the recommendation  of his Doctor/Director...  If he fukked up.. Shame on him.. But , I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt... If he didn't abstain this time around and its something bigger than weed.. I say Sheet can him.. Otherwise.. I'm willing to wait and see how this shakes out...

Heres the bottom line... If ,  And I mean If Josh Gordon has anything to do with getting us a SB win... All of this crap will be forgotten about like it never happened.. I know it.. You know it.. So all of you do goody church goin muther fukkers can GTH!

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

You betcha..Both were brought in to spell Gordon as a WR1 for same dope excuse. Britt is age 29 now getting 1.2M from Belly Check, but Bowe tops my list. Bowe was paying big dollars to strippers, now making attempt at rap singing. Bowe was wheel-less at the age of 31 when he came in here. Dez is 29. Bowe got 9M guaranteed of 13.4M to be a healthy scratch mostly and only played 7 games-5 catches-53 yards-0 tds..$1.8M/CATCH.Good on Pettine to tell Farmer your talent suk's.. Dez surely wants more than Britt money ya think? Dez was 'not' offered a deal by Dallas. Dallas agreed not to pay him 12.5M, which Dez points at some captains on the team blaming exit doors. Sean Lee accused as 1.Ravens could only offer a multi year deal to Dez to stay under team cap. Dez seems to of moved on from staying in dallas division cause no teams offered. Every player wants to play with a chance .imo, Dez now wants a 1 year deal to get to 2019. Seems like Dez will settle now for a offense that could still showcase him..far to many ways this one could twist. No better way to fill the shoe's of 1 dope to another doper? Antonio Callaway is kic'in A_ _ at camp,Jeff Janis has not dropped a single ball. I'd hate to see Dez nor C.Coleman stealing their reps..all on dorsey now    

Some of these aging or physically beat up players use the "last stop contracts" as a sort of severance or parting gift from the NFL before moving on to whatever.

Some just blew their money and are desperate to grab a few bucks going out of the door.

How many of us would do the same thing......if we could? 

Archived