THE BROWNS BOARD

Newbie question.....Walk to the stadium??

fenway

12 hours ago, fenway said:

I'm going to my 1st browns game, this year. Wondering if you can walk to the stadium. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Fenway....you can walk to the Browns Stadium all the way from Boston if you want.  But you had better start off a few days in advance if you want to get there on time!:wacko:

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Fenway....you can walk to the Browns Stadium all the way from Boston if you want.  But you had better start off a few days in advance if you want to get there on time!:wacko:

Dont take the Pennsylvania turnpike.

Probably cost $15 on foot at the toll.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Really...PA has got to be about the greediest when it comes to their turnpike tolls.  There is a section where after you leave Ohio, and you go about 20-25 miles only where you have to stop and pay a  Six dollar toll just for that stretch of road.

The good thing however is that from Boston to Cleveland you would not take the PA turnpike.  The better way is to catch 90 out of Boston to about Sturbridge Mass. where you would then get off 90 and on to I-84....taking that to around  Scranton PA, where you would then pick up  I-81 south for a way until you hit I-80....and take that on into Cleveland.  I am not sure there are any tolls....except, perhaps for a bridge or two.

4 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Saw this on our local news, almost 90 miles closed in both directions! 

MILEPOST: 75.4 - 161.5 75-New Stanton To 161-Breezewood
LAST UPDATED: 7/27/2018 10:55:29 pm
DIRECTION: All Directions
STATUS: Planned Roadway Closure I-76 between New Stanton and Breezewood July 28th into July 29th
DESCRIPTION: The Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 70 76) will be closed in both directions between the New Stanton Exit #75 and the Breezewood Exit #161 beginning Saturday, July 28th at 11PM and re-open to traffic by 6AM Sunday, July 29th. The closure is required for demolition of existing bridge girders. During the closure traffic will be able to enter at the Bedford Interchange (Exit #146) and travel East. Traffic will also be able to enter at the Somerset (Exit #110) & Donegal (Exit #91) Interchanges and travel Westbound
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But nevertheless Fenway have a good trip to Cleveland! 

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Really...PA has got to be about the greediest when it comes to their turnpike tolls.  There is a section where after you leave Ohio, and you go about 20-25 miles only where you have to stop and pay a  Six dollar toll just for that stretch of road.

The good thing however is that from Boston to Cleveland you would not take the PA turnpike.  The better way is to catch 90 out of Boston to about Sturbridge Mass. where you would then get off 90 and on to I-84....taking that to around  Scranton PA, where you would then pick up  I-81 south for a way until you hit I-80....and take that on into Cleveland.  I am not sure there are any tolls....except, perhaps for a bridge or two.

I-80 is a good option if you can work it into your plans, and then there's the tolls and payments in the turnpike. 

Screenshot_2018-07-28-11-15-47.png

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Texas is greedier. They set up tolls booths like Starbucks to collect money to build more toll roads. In the 80s there were no toll roads in Texas. They discovered what they were missing and have taken toll roads to another level. You dont just pay a toll once for use of the expressway. Oh no. they have more unoccupied toll booths set up at strategic exits along the same expressway. The caveat is that the exit tolls booths only accept easy pass. No credit cards, cash or precious minerals. They have licence plate cameras if you exit without paying the state of Texas.

Only good thing about Pennsylvania highways is that the State Police dont monitor traffic speed like Ohio. Probably because they are broke. One day in my travels,  I drove by a Penn State Police car that was parked and they had a dummy dressed up behind the wheel.

Actually, the best way to Cleveland from Mass is the Mass Pike west to the New York thruway. New York has toll booths at every exit, but they are occupied.

3 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

What happens if you only have cash? 

You have to get off the freeway before the Ohio state line? 

They do give you options to get invoiced and other things like what if you do not have any cash or pass at all......haven't been on there for a long while myself. 

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

than go get another starting toll ticket..I've paid that one tooth hillbilly going & returning every July since it's been a toll road. I request my 6 pack of beer every time, with no luck. So I pull in their private parking area & leave them something special in their private toilet..unflushed.. 

So Far...some call it justice? I call it gettin' even..

On 7/27/2018 at 3:28 PM, fenway said:

Thanks for the info I'll just want to make sure I could walk there with no problems but wasn't sure because I've never been to Cleveland before

If you're interested in the Tailgate scene- assuming you saw that map, both the Muni and Burke Lots Off of East 9th are a happenin' place.   

Look up Steve Weber on Facebook- he throws a decent Tailgate- opposing fans are welcome...  

On 7/28/2018 at 6:19 PM, boo fagley said:

Texas is greedier. They set up tolls booths like Starbucks to collect money to build more toll roads. In the 80s there were no toll roads in Texas. They discovered what they were missing and have taken toll roads to another level. You dont just pay a toll once for use of the expressway. Oh no. they have more unoccupied toll booths set up at strategic exits along the same expressway. The caveat is that the exit tolls booths only accept easy pass. No credit cards, cash or precious minerals. They have licence plate cameras if you exit without paying the state of Texas.

Tell me about it. My adventure to see the Browns play in Houston last year. Unless you want to take city streets, there's no way to get from the airport to the area around the stadium without using toll roads. Try that in a rental car. Got a love letter a week after the trip from Budget- BTW, you owe us $14 in toll fares. That was for a round trip Airport to the stadium, and one out to Johnson Space Center.  :(   

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Tell me about it. My adventure to see the Browns play in Houston last year. Unless you want to take city streets, there's no way to get from the airport to the area around the stadium without using toll roads. Try that in a rental car. Got a love letter a week after the trip from Budget- BTW, you owe us $14 in toll fares. That was for a round trip Airport to the stadium, and one out to Johnson Space Center.  :(   

When I have had that the car rental company just charged it to my Discover Card, which I used. 

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Whats the card number?

While you're at it what's the 3 digit number on the back and your PIN?  :lol:

All l can think of now is building a moat around the stadium. Drawbridge and trolls and all that. 

Walk up in Browns gear, no questions asked, drawbridge comes down.

Walk up in opposing team gear? Questions and trials in store for you. Maybe you gotta answer questions? Maybe you get eaten by trolls? I dunno, but talk about home field advantage right?

Homeland security would certainly have some nuances to deal with. Trolls? Like not just the internet variety? Wtf?

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

When I have had that the car rental company just charged it to my Discover Card, which I used. 

Yup, and my card company alerted me to a "questionable" charge. 

Archived