THE BROWNS BOARD

Ricardo Louis

Zombo

Wow discussed Dez? This receiving corps is potentially good maybe great.......but you still hold your breath until the season starts and beyond.

The sooner the Browns completely and totally separate themselves from Gordon, the sooner they can stop chasing a mirage and find their true #1. 

22 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The sooner the Browns completely and totally separate themselves from Gordon, the sooner they can stop chasing a mirage and find their true #1. 

I'm willing to see how long Gordon is away from camp....  If he wasn't so damn talented, he'd be long gone...  

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm willing to see how long Gordon is away from camp....  If he wasn't so damn talented, he'd be long gone...  

Honestly, listening to Dorsey today deflated the situation for the team a lot. This may not be the exact wording but the situation quickly went from "missing start of training camp" to "we're confident he'll back on the field in 2018". Flash has to do what keeps him sober, but that little bit of dialogue was very daunting in terms of his availability. 

Although TBH, I always have looked at the WR position with Gordon as a question mark. The Browns, I believe anyway, feel the same way.

3 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Honestly, listening to Dorsey today deflated the situation for the team a lot. This may not be the exact wording but the situation quickly went from "missing start of training camp" to "we're confident he'll back on the field in 2018". Flash has to do what keeps him sober, but that little bit of dialogue was very daunting in terms of his availability. 

Although TBH, I always have looked at the WR position with Gordon as a question mark. The Browns, I believe anyway, feel the same way.

If\when he's available, it's a huge plus, but I'm not holding my breath- or counting on him anymore. 

sorry, but "not ready yet" is tough to understand.

doesn't want to go to training camp because he has an excuse now?

not ready to handle life/addiction?

how long has it been?

at this rate, he'll go back into rehab a week before the season starts.

Although, maybe he still needs a few more weeks. or....something.

Plans to go on without either Louis or Gordon?

Louis not a big deal....he had about a 50% chance of getting cut anyway.

But, the Dez Bryant thing seems intriguing.

He has been out on the street for a while now.   What has kept him from being signed somewhere?  A. "diminished skills"?  B.  Bad attitude?  C.  Demand for unreasonable money?   D. All of the above E. Other?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

He has been out on the street for a while now.   What has kept him from being signed somewhere?  A. "diminished skills"?  B.  Bad attitude?  C.  Demand for unreasonable money?   D. All of the above E. Other?

Dez's worth is what SB & Chitzberg agreed to pay Haden.7 million/yr. After Dez playing through injury, Dez thinks not. Dez still wants paid as a WR1, but he just not that same guy imo.Sure I'd bring him in for a look..👀 cost us nothing to window shop, but the sticker price has to get negotiable      

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

I hear you, but really it's a low-risk thing with the contract. He's not making big bucks, and if you cut him, and say a team like the Ratbirds or Steelers pick him up, then things could backfire yet again. 

3 hours ago, nickers said:

No great loss,,, Louis sucks anyway...

That's totally heartless of you to say!  You oughta be ashamed of yourself!

...but I agree with you.  :)

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Plans to go on without either Louis or Gordon?

Louis not a big deal....he had about a 50% chance of getting cut anyway.

But, the Dez Bryant thing seems intriguing.

I vote D, all of the above. 

38 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I hear you, but really it's a low-risk thing with the contract. He's not making big bucks, and if you cut him, and say a team like the Ratbirds or Steelers pick him up, then things could backfire yet again. 

Exactly- Gordon is only going to make $790,000 this year- assuming he plays. That's Derron Smith- who? Charley Huglett- who? money. Near zero risk, high potential reward keeping Josh hanging around this year. 

I support Dorsey not answering the question. Quite frankly, I wish he would have said something like, "I won't answer as Josh' situation is a private matter & will remain so."

As far as WR coming in, is a trade for Beckham feasible and/or possible?

Mike

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Exactly- Gordon is only going to make $790,000 this year- assuming he plays. That's Derron Smith- who? Charley Huglett- who? money. Near zero risk, high potential reward keeping Josh hanging around this year. 

Sure, his team friendly contract is nice, but the Browns keep hoping - and to some degree counting on that Josh will suddenly turn into an NFL Man of the Year finalist and return to his Milli Vanilli like one year, one hit wonder form and by doing so it's easy to miss on a move that should've been made to truly solidify the #1 spot..... Dude is simply a distraction to the organization, and a 1-31 / 0-16 team needs no unnecessary distractions. 

I hope he puts his demons behind him, I really do, but I'm over seeing his name on the Browns' roster. 

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I support Dorsey not answering the question. Quite frankly, I wish he would have said something like, "I won't answer as Josh' situation is a private matter & will remain so."

Mike

anything is better than dez I mean who the hell is he to try and dictate (only a contender) on who he will play for Fu,Ck him go play with johnny in the cfl

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Sure, his team friendly contract is nice, but the Browns keep hoping - and to some degree counting on that Josh will suddenly turn into an NFL Man of the Year finalist and return to his Milli Vanilli like one year, one hit wonder form and by doing so it's easy to miss on a move that should've been made to truly solidify the #1 spot..... Dude is simply a distraction to the organization, and a 1-31 / 0-16 team needs no unnecessary distractions. 

I hope he puts his demons behind him, I really do, but I'm over seeing his name on the Browns' roster. 

To be fair, Milli Vanilli had 3 Number 1 hits and a song that peaked at number 2 on the Billboard charts. I think we can all agree that we would love similar Milli Vanilli-like production from Josh Gordon.

Hell, l don’t even care if down the road he is embroiled in scandal because it came out that it wasn’t actually him making all those catches and scoring all those touchdowns, and he gets stripped of his MVP award, as long as the Super Bowl win stands.

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

Um, that's why we drafted Corey Brittle hands Coleman. You draft a WR in the first round to be the #1 WR. To my mind- injury or drugs- take your pick. Check out pro football reference- Gordon's stats last year are similar to Coleman's 

5 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I really don't think we should panic at this point.  We're probably not one WR away from a superbowl.  Let's see what happens in camp.  Perhaps someone gets cut at the end of TC that we could bring in for a year.  

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

To be fair, Milli Vanilli had 3 Number 1 hits and a song that peaked at number 2 on the Billboard charts. I think we can all agree that we would love similar Milli Vanilli-like production from Josh Gordon.

Hell, l don’t even care if down the road he is embroiled in scandal because it came out that it wasn’t actually him making all those catches and scoring all those touchdowns, and he gets stripped of his MVP award, as long as the Super Bowl win stands.

It appears that you must not know the story behind Milli Vanilli. Millie Millie was just a prop band. They lip-synched their songs in concert . in the guys who were Milly and Vanilli were not even the guys that sang their songs they were fakes through and through.

5 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

Giants aren't trading Beckham, at any price. Not after they drafted Barkley. It's "All In" for one last hurrah with Eli. Take it to the bank. & Beckham will want $20 million next year. Let's see what happens with Josh before guys start pushing the panic button. 

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It appears that you must not know the story behind Milli Vanilli. Millie Millie was just a prop band. They lip-synched their songs in concert . in the guys who were Milly and Vanilli were not even the guys that sang their songs they were fakes through and through.

How dare you blaspheme Milli Vanilli like that! They taught important life lessons, like love is stronger than thunder, and that it’s ok to blame things on water.

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

To be fair, Milli Vanilli had 3 Number 1 hits and a song that peaked at number 2 on the Billboard charts

...... I'm thankful for each and every day that I did not know that. 

Hooo Hoooo Haaaaaa.......

Yesterday you Bozos were circle-jerking about how missing a week of camp.would not  hurt this "stud", and how he was wise to avoid hard knocks.

LMAO at how you geniuses had it all figured out. Hm

What was it that Hoorta said? Some Sheet about Gordon being our BIG WEAPON.

Yeah, you fukckers know it all. Brilliant, I tell ya.....BRILLIANT.

We are going to the fukcking playoffs........hooo  haa.

Ghoolie tells.you ahead of time, but hey.....you guys know EVERYTHING.

Let.me ask you dumb gullible bastards something......If sports media told.you that Jim Brown qas making a comeback, would you be fukcikng dumb enough to believe it?

Dorsey says.......we don't know when Josh will return......LMAO LMAO. LMAO......

Are you fukcing morons going to start posting that this is REALLY GOOD NEWS IF YOU UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL? HEEEE HAAA BWAAAAAAAA........

HEY, I bet you simpletons think Dorsey really doesn't know how long it will be. Seriously, are you guys that stupud?

Josh Gordon......LMAO......Julio Jones move over, Josh gotnhis mierda together.

Archived