Jump to content
Canton Dawg

Josh Gordon Tweets He Will Not Be At Training Camp This Week

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think they leave after filming before the last preseason game. Once practice for the real games starts they are out of the way.

I think they leave right after the final cuts and once there is a 53 man roster (Monday after last preseason game?)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nero said:

I think they leave right after the final cuts and once there is a 53 man roster (Monday after last preseason game?)?

That makes sense. They want the drama of final cuts for players you learn to follow through trials and tribulations. I do know they get out of the way so the team can fully prepare for the 1st game of the real season. 53 man roster must be made by Sat. Sept. 1 @ 400pm NY time. Last pre-season games are Aug. 30 this year.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2018-19-important-nfl-dates/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really hoping to get Josh back for the 3rd preseason game. I'd be very surprised if he missed the entire preseason, and I really believe he needs to get some practice time with us in the field before the real stuff starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm really hoping to get Josh back for the 3rd preseason game. I'd be very surprised if he missed the entire preseason, and I really believe he needs to get some practice time with us in the field before the real stuff starts. 

If nothing else than for the QB's to know how to "read" him when routes break down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure Gordon needs that much time to get on the same page with the qb's as a first or second year player. Give him  a week or two of practices, plus a little late night session with TT and Mayfield and I think he will be fine. Even if it takes him a few regular season games to get into the full swing of things, this is partly why you have a guy like Landry around to help ease the burden. Not to mention, at worst, he is a decoy drawing coverage. 

After watching hard knocks, I have a very good feeling Josh Gordon is going to be a Brown for a long time. I think with the organization standing behind him as well as he begins to wrap his head around his disease, the Browns are going to be a very safe place for him. I think they will get a contract extension done by the end of the year (yes, there is going to be an out clause for the browns) where Gordon sticks around for a number of years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

I am not sure Gordon needs that much time to get on the same page with the qb's as a first or second year player. Give him  a week or two of practices, plus a little late night session with TT and Mayfield and I think he will be fine. Even if it takes him a few regular season games to get into the full swing of things, this is partly why you have a guy like Landry around to help ease the burden. Not to mention, at worst, he is a decoy drawing coverage. 

After watching hard knocks, I have a very good feeling Josh Gordon is going to be a Brown for a long time. I think with the organization standing behind him as well as he begins to wrap his head around his disease, the Browns are going to be a very safe place for him. I think they will get a contract extension done by the end of the year (yes, there is going to be an out clause for the browns) where Gordon sticks around for a number of years. 

Based on his history, I doubt it, but hope you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t appear Myles Garrett had any Hard Knocks interviews so I bet Gordon could have opted out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wargograw said:

It doesn’t appear Myles Garrett had any Hard Knocks interviews so I bet Gordon could have opted out. 

They did a little bit on him tonight.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 8:55 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

If nothing else than for the QB's to know how to "read" him when routes break down.

That's a great point, Texas. Both our QBs have the ability to extend plays, and while Taylor is obviously the superior runner, Mayfield is also quite adept at moving around the pocket. Getting that chemistry of knowing when to take off, come back to the qb, or whatever is extremely important. And having Josh Gordon cutting it loose down field during a broken play is a nice thought. 

Oh, Josh just posted an Instagram picture yesterday of his portrait intertwined with the Lombardi Trophy. There wasn't a caption, but if I'm reading between the lines, I believe it means he's getting ready to come home. Be well, Josh. Please let the visions of Jarvis Landry, Antonio Callaway, and Josh Gordon come true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×