THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Tweets He Will Not Be At Training Camp This Week

Canton Dawg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Anyone know how long HBO is in town? They leave = Josh is back. 

Of course none of this not reporting in JG stuff makes any scene on Hard Knocks.  It's not like they ever want any drama or anything.  LOL!😴

On 7/30/2018 at 11:58 AM, hoorta said:

Less stressful than training in Cleveland? I'll posit Josh will be back the day after the HBO cameras go away. :)

Same feelings that I have too Larry.

Mike

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

No offense my brother, it's just that I've heard this so many times, not just from you but a lot of places- I felt it needed addressed. 

Thanks

12 hours ago, Orion said:

......and that's all very nice.  We can say a prayer for him at church on Sunday.   BUT IS HE GONNA PLAY FOOTBALL!!?  OR NOT!!

He has left his team in a lurch.  (theoretically - I'm assuming they never counted 100% on him)  Because the actual truth is that he lead his team on that he was full go to be a Cleveland Brown....clean....dedicated....a new man....a father....all that jive.    And now he doesn't report to work?!   Well then you're NOT a new man, rededicated, yadda yadda.

Perhaps he's just too screwed up to be a football player.  Last year with the dark glasses on while on the sideline during games.  Maybe he's just too whacked to be a football player.

And that's my biggest problem with the situation.  "Is he going to play football?"  I realize these things seldom have a time-frame, but even with knee injuries, ankle injuries, soft-tissue problems...you GENERALLY have a freaking time-frame.  My biggest issue is that we weren't given one.  I think if the general public was given just a BROAD idea of when to expect him back, it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal AT ALL.  Like, "Josh is taking measures to ensure his continued success.  We support him in his growth as a person and as someone battling a terrible affliction.  Although we will miss Josh at the beginning of training camp, we fully expect him to return after the first preseason game, better than ever."

But we didn't get that.  We didn't get anything CLOSE to that.  

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Same feelings that I have too Larry.

Mike

Yeah I hope so too.....and still playing football not parking cars.

The BROWNS have a lot riding on this potential #1 WR, so does HBO what a story!

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah I hope so too.....and still playing football not parking cars.

The BROWNS have a lot riding on this potential #1 WR, so does HBO what a story!

Well, I've never watched Hard Knocks- yet. Can I assume as a player you can summarily ignore them? Like, got nothing to say to you guys, get out of my face?

The QBs have their RV, off limits to everyone, maybe Josh needs one too. 

HBO has tons of money- Hey Josh, how much do you need to show back up at training camp? It's going to hurt our ratings if you're not there.    

I dunno, man. All this for a guy who literally hasn't done anything of consequence on the football field in four seasons. Four. Since then it's been one fukup after another.

I'm not going to be at all surprised if he doesn't show up this season. Hope I'm wrong.

20 hours ago, Orion said:

......and that's all very nice.  We can say a prayer for him at church on Sunday.   BUT IS HE GONNA PLAY FOOTBALL!!?  OR NOT!!

He has left his team in a lurch.  (theoretically - I'm assuming they never counted 100% on him)  Because the actual truth is that he lead his team on that he was full go to be a Cleveland Brown....clean....dedicated....a new man....a father....all that jive.    And now he doesn't report to work?!   Well then you're NOT a new man, rededicated, yadda yadda.

Perhaps he's just too screwed up to be a football player.  Last year with the dark glasses on while on the sideline during games.  Maybe he's just too whacked to be a football player.

Exactly.  This is  the Cleveland Browns FOOTBALL team not the f u c k i n g  rehab player association.

40 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

This is  the Cleveland Browns FOOTBALL team not the f u c k i n g  rehab player association.

Cold....hard....truth.

Like Dorsey & Hue say at pressers, "We want what's best for Josh in getting his life in order", we ALL want that.  Hue & Dorsey are not lying.    But this ain't your Tuesday night golf league!  This is professional football.  You're only brought to the team is to be the best player you can be and focused on helping the team win a championship.  And so here we are well into TC, where one hone's his skills to become the best player he can be, and is getting in sync with the new playbook and new QB / players in order to win a championship,  and where is he?  Running around in shorts down in Gainsville somewhere.  -  It's just not right.   

Now I understand that I don't understand the demons he may have haunting him.  I had a mother with severe depression.  It's horrid.   But if he can't handle the bright lights of NFL football, then he should find a desk job somewhere.

42 minutes ago, Orion said:

Cold....hard....truth.

Like Dorsey & Hue say at pressers, "We want what's best for Josh in getting his life in order", we ALL want that.  Hue & Dorsey are not lying.    But this ain't your Tuesday night golf league!  This is professional football.  You're only brought to the team is to be the best player you can be and focused on helping the team win a championship.  And so here we are well into TC, where one hone's his skills to become the best player he can be, and is getting in sync with the new playbook and new QB / players in order to win a championship,  and where is he?  Running around in shorts down in Gainsville somewhere.  -  It's just not right.   

Now I understand that I don't understand the demons he may have haunting him.  I had a mother with severe depression.  It's horrid.   But if he can't handle the bright lights of NFL football, then he should find a desk job somewhere.

Indeed. And the cold hard truth is that Josh Gordon has let everyone down---Baylor, Utah, the Browns---who has ever given him an opportunity. I'm not trying to pile on the kid but FFS, he hasn't been on the field in any meaningful capacity since December 2013. We get excited every year and...pfft. This year everyone is fully erect because he looks awesome and is working his butt off and breaking defenders ankles...in Gainesville, FL. I'm perfectly willing to stand and admit I'm wrong and I hope to hell that in December I will have to do just that. But until I see him on the field I'm not going to hold my breath.

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

Anyone know how long HBO is in town? They leave = Josh is back. 

Debuts Tuesday August 7th at 10pm … with hour long episodes each Tuesday(with an encore play on Wednesday at the same time) culminating for the season finale on September 4th.

I don't know if that's how long they'll be in town or that's just when it airs. 

On 8/1/2018 at 7:07 PM, Orion said:

Supposedly HK will be there right up through final cuts.  

They always are because they love to follow the new players through trials and tribulations. The're very good at "humanizing" these guys as real people with real desires to make it in the NFL. That's what makes it a show worth watching for me.

Let's hold off on the "Josh let everyone down" talk for a bit. Yeah, he's let us down, but it's not exactly like the guy isn't trying. Trying like mad to regain his life. 

So I heard an interesting theory about why Josh isn't at camp, and it had to do with not wanting to face the exposure from the HBO cameras. Obviously Josh would be quite a story, and you can imagine that the cameras would be all over him, all the time. Now, I'm not sure how much of that I believe, seeing as I THINK the HBO cameras are there for the entire duration of camp, right? So is Josh planning on coming back AFTER camp? I would seriously doubt that's the plan. So if he comes back mid-camp, wouldn't he be even MORE of a story? Whatever, my brain hurts. I just want him back. 

I wonder what his "high'-ness is doing this weekend....

Less than a week now 'til our first preseason game.   Think he'll watch it on tv?   Or is that against Dr.'s orders too?

18 minutes ago, Orion said:

I wonder what his "high'-ness is doing this weekend....

Less than a week now 'til our first preseason game.   Think he'll watch it on tv?   Or is that against Dr.'s orders too?

Don't worry, he'll be back soon and in his 1 hit wonder form....... just gotta wait a little longer. You'll see. 

I'm starting to get a little conspiratorial about this.  I wonder if the league just doesn't want him in the show.  His story would quickly consume it and he probably isn't someone they want representing the league.  Everyone involved seems to be too comfortable with the situation.  I wish it were true because we'd all be more comfortable with the situation.  Maybe get him in the last day of filming so they don't have time to discuss his pregame rituals.  He reunites with his team and all is well.  The end.

3 hours ago, htownbrown said:

I'm starting to get a little conspiratorial about this.  I wonder if the league just doesn't want him in the show.  His story would quickly consume it and he probably isn't someone they want representing the league.  Everyone involved seems to be too comfortable with the situation.  I wish it were true because we'd all be more comfortable with the situation.  Maybe get him in the last day of filming so they don't have time to discuss his pregame rituals.  He reunites with his team and all is well.  The end.

As more time goes by, I think most of us feel the same way. Like, there's definitely more to the picture than we know, and I don't know if we're going to like it. We fans are trained NOT to believe what we read, so when we're given a statement saying this is a planned absence and everything is fine, automatically we're thinking the total opposite. It's been....what...almost two weeks since Josh made the announcement? If he's smart, he'll provide an update. In fact, the lack of any updates are exactly what is making me so nervous. 

Dors hee hee is still saying, "he'll be here"..not much more but this https://www.brownszone.com/2018/08/04/rashard-higgins-says-teammate-josh-gordon-in-good-spirits-will-be-ready-to-go-when-returns/  am more concerned about the timeframe to meet with A)On My own sweet time Roger.. B)What's Rogers re-re-instatement plan requires? C)Did Gordon fail his last reinstatement plan on Rogers paper? I'd get things moving well before Sept. 4th when HBO cameras are leaving ..  

tick-TOck.. https://www.brownszone.com/2018/08/05/if-josh-gordon-doesnt-report-by-tuesday-he-wont-be-eligible-for-free-agency-until-after-2019/  thought we owned his exclusive rights through 2018 anyhow? now here comes 2019 also?..it's truly became a reading like laser to my eyeballs year after year  

Long story short, Josh has to report to the team by Tuesday or else Browns possess his rights for the 2019 season with his current miniscule (comparatively) salary of around $1 million per year. If he does report, he'd be eligible for free agency, which could land him a small fortune. Yes, he'd have to be on the straight and narrow all year, something he hasn't been able to do, and yes, any contract would be insanely worded to include protective language against a suspension, but if Josh balls out this year SOMEONE will pay him. 

Regardless of how Josh is doing with his recovery, he almost HAS to show up Tuesday. He's less than a year away from being able to sign a contract, and regardless of his demons, he'll still be in shape for a signing bonus that will eclipse his entire NFL earnings. He's on his way, boys. 

On 7/30/2018 at 1:17 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Ok, so he's working out, which is excellent.  I think it's safe to assume that we don't have all the facts, and we need to understand that we're probably never GOING to have them.  My best guess is that the truth is somewhere in the middle of "catastrophe" and "no big deal".  SOMETHING happened, but if it were something like a legit failed drug test, Josh would have already been suspended, and we'd all be hearing about how he's going to file an appeal, and how he has no idea what happened, and it must've been something he ate that the trainer gave him.  But we didn't hear any of that.  In fact, the NFL specifically said that Gordon is NOT suspended.  Many have speculated that Gordon used while away from Cleveland, and he went back to rehab as a way to shield against testing positive.  That's definitely a possibility, but I don't think that's the case.  For one thing, I don't believe Josh would've tweeted out that positive message about feeling great mentally and physically.  If he used, the message wouldn't come off THAT positive.  There would've been SOME modicum of defeat or failure, even if it was ever so slight.  Yeah, I know he uses publicists and has people write his stuff for him, but something tells me we would've known if he truly fell all the way off the wagon.  

The PROBLEM is, we've all heard this before, many times.  Every time a player gets in trouble for a substance, they seem to say the same denial.  Josh hasn't even issued a denial, mainly because he isn't being accused of anything.  There's a very real chance he's actually doing what he SAYS he's doing, and if it's part of his health, the Browns literally can't comment on it.  Not at all.  For all we know, the Browns, the medical director, and Josh Gordon had this planned for months.  Right before the season starts, let's get one last "shot" of intense therapy in, so he's as prepared for the season as possible.  If you look at Josh as a long term investment, it kind of makes sense.  Is it better to have him miss some training camp in order to increase his chances of success, or should you hope he's ok and have him at camp early?  

Josh will be back in camp sometime in the next two weeks, probably after the first preseason game.  That game is always a crap-fest anyway, and I'm thinking that's the time we get him back.  That would be about a month of separation for him, and presumably a month of treatment.  If we don't get Josh back in this time-frame, I don't think we'll ever get him back.  

Appreciate the post.  We can go stir crazy with all the scenarios. When I was reading some of your thoughts all I could think of were the lyrics "What if God was one of us?"  For starters, we wouldn't be needing to get the sour taste of 1-31 football out of our mouth. 

My guess is if Gordon didn't have plans to come back after the Hard Knocks Media Microscope - he wouldn't be training in the heat of Florida right now.  There wouldn't be any need to just yet - especially if he was at least 2 months away from rejoining the team. 

We shall see...

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

tick-TOck.. https://www.brownszone.com/2018/08/05/if-josh-gordon-doesnt-report-by-tuesday-he-wont-be-eligible-for-free-agency-until-after-2019/  thought we owned his exclusive rights through 2018 anyhow? now here comes 2019 also?..it's truly became a reading like laser to my eyeballs year after year  

Browns said they will not hold him to that deadline

28 minutes ago, syd said:

Browns said they will not hold him to that deadline

ya..I celebrated with Sonny & Cher now dancing on your head, now in post..damm shame they don't play "Knock 3 times on the ceiling if Cher wanted me"

Archived