THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Tweets He Will Not Be At Training Camp This Week

Canton Dawg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Additionally from what I can gather anyone on the did not report list, retired list and reserve list do require paperwork for reinstatement as a formality. 

That's good to know.

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

That's the entire point, he recognizes he can't. He is trying to take action to change that. It is truly impossible for most who haven't been there to understand it but life newly clean / sober is an uncomfortable fit. 

Totally get that... I honestly hope he beats his demons and goes on to have a happy, productive life.

But as a Cleveland Brown, I'm pretty much over him. 

Not that it meant a hill of beans, but changing Josh to "did not report" opened a roster spot of 90 that Dorsey filled rather quickly after changed. NFI.."non football injury" counted against the 90. After all, it is camp season, more looks at moving bodies the better..

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Totally get that... I honestly hope he beats his demons and goes on to have a happy, productive life.

But as a Cleveland Brown, I'm pretty much over him. 

Remember too.....

Receiving & Rushing 

• * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team All-Pro .......that was in 2013 folks! Still very much a 2018 work in progress for a #1 WR. :):(
  Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       40 37 344 179 3089 17.3 15 95 4.5 77.2   5 88 0 34 17.6 2.2 0.1 184 3177 15 1 2
2012 21 CLE WR 13 16 13 96 50 805 16.1 5 71 3.1 50.3 52.1%               50 805 5 1 6
2013*+ 22 CLE WR 12 14 14 159 87 1646 18.9 9 95 6.2 117.6 54.7% 5 88 0 34 17.6 6.3 0.4 92 1734 9 0 11
2014 23 CLE wr 12 5 5 47 24 303 12.6 0 32 4.8 60.6 51.1%               24 303 0 0 2
2015   OOOPS.....Missed season - Violation of league substance abuse policy......ONLY 1 TD SINCE 2013
2017 26 CLE wr 12 5 5 42 18 335 18.6 1 54 3.6 67.0 42.9%               18 335 1 0 2

2 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Just saw a Snapchat of JG yesterday.

He's training down in Florida. Rocking some Florida Gator attire.

Less stressful than training in Cleveland? I'll posit Josh will be back the day after the HBO cameras go away. :)

On 7/29/2018 at 9:41 AM, Zombo said:

Ok, so he's working out, which is excellent.  I think it's safe to assume that we don't have all the facts, and we need to understand that we're probably never GOING to have them.  My best guess is that the truth is somewhere in the middle of "catastrophe" and "no big deal".  SOMETHING happened, but if it were something like a legit failed drug test, Josh would have already been suspended, and we'd all be hearing about how he's going to file an appeal, and how he has no idea what happened, and it must've been something he ate that the trainer gave him.  But we didn't hear any of that.  In fact, the NFL specifically said that Gordon is NOT suspended.  Many have speculated that Gordon used while away from Cleveland, and he went back to rehab as a way to shield against testing positive.  That's definitely a possibility, but I don't think that's the case.  For one thing, I don't believe Josh would've tweeted out that positive message about feeling great mentally and physically.  If he used, the message wouldn't come off THAT positive.  There would've been SOME modicum of defeat or failure, even if it was ever so slight.  Yeah, I know he uses publicists and has people write his stuff for him, but something tells me we would've known if he truly fell all the way off the wagon.  

The PROBLEM is, we've all heard this before, many times.  Every time a player gets in trouble for a substance, they seem to say the same denial.  Josh hasn't even issued a denial, mainly because he isn't being accused of anything.  There's a very real chance he's actually doing what he SAYS he's doing, and if it's part of his health, the Browns literally can't comment on it.  Not at all.  For all we know, the Browns, the medical director, and Josh Gordon had this planned for months.  Right before the season starts, let's get one last "shot" of intense therapy in, so he's as prepared for the season as possible.  If you look at Josh as a long term investment, it kind of makes sense.  Is it better to have him miss some training camp in order to increase his chances of success, or should you hope he's ok and have him at camp early?  

Josh will be back in camp sometime in the next two weeks, probably after the first preseason game.  That game is always a crap-fest anyway, and I'm thinking that's the time we get him back.  That would be about a month of separation for him, and presumably a month of treatment.  If we don't get Josh back in this time-frame, I don't think we'll ever get him back.  

58 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Ok, so he's working out, which is excellent.  I think it's safe to assume that we don't have all the facts, and we need to understand that we're probably never GOING to have them.  My best guess is that the truth is somewhere in the middle of "catastrophe" and "no big deal".  SOMETHING happened, but if it were something like a legit failed drug test, Josh would have already been suspended, and we'd all be hearing about how he's going to file an appeal, and how he has no idea what happened, and it must've been something he ate that the trainer gave him.  But we didn't hear any of that.  In fact, the NFL specifically said that Gordon is NOT suspended.  Many have speculated that Gordon used while away from Cleveland, and he went back to rehab as a way to shield against testing positive.  That's definitely a possibility, but I don't think that's the case.  For one thing, I don't believe Josh would've tweeted out that positive message about feeling great mentally and physically.  If he used, the message wouldn't come off THAT positive.  There would've been SOME modicum of defeat or failure, even if it was ever so slight.  Yeah, I know he uses publicists and has people write his stuff for him, but something tells me we would've known if he truly fell all the way off the wagon.  

The PROBLEM is, we've all heard this before, many times.  Every time a player gets in trouble for a substance, they seem to say the same denial.  Josh hasn't even issued a denial, mainly because he isn't being accused of anything.  There's a very real chance he's actually doing what he SAYS he's doing, and if it's part of his health, the Browns literally can't comment on it.  Not at all.  For all we know, the Browns, the medical director, and Josh Gordon had this planned for months.  Right before the season starts, let's get one last "shot" of intense therapy in, so he's as prepared for the season as possible.  If you look at Josh as a long term investment, it kind of makes sense.  Is it better to have him miss some training camp in order to increase his chances of success, or should you hope he's ok and have him at camp early?  

Josh will be back in camp sometime in the next two weeks, probably after the first preseason game.  That game is always a crap-fest anyway, and I'm thinking that's the time we get him back.  That would be about a month of separation for him, and presumably a month of treatment.  If we don't get Josh back in this time-frame, I don't think we'll ever get him back.  

I rarely use Twitter, but I found Josh quoting this verse from the Bible interesting...  

Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Less stressful than training in Cleveland? I'll posit Josh will be back the day after the HBO cameras go away. :)

That's what I would assume.. 

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Miami is a party town.

I dont believe it was in Miami.. Close to his rehab facility in Gainesville, Fl.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Bottom line is the guy was selected by the Browns to be a player.  He has failed miserably except for a few games.  I'm sick of the excuses and give him a chance again, and again, and again cowpoop.  

Then I suggest that you not worry about it, and shut up about it. The team is going about its business and is not relying on him necessarily...and so should you.

Just now, The Gipper said:

Then I suggest that you not worry about it, and shut up about it. The team is going about its business and is not relying on him necessarily...and so should you.

damn it's 1:30 in the afternoon and I am still hungover well at least till I finish these here beers I have been watching training camp on sto with dieken grossi and ah Sheet I am drawing a blank,anyway ya the word on Baker sounds good

I really don't think our season will be any better or worse without Josh, We have a decent WR core now and can lose 1 of them,  TBH how much faith could we put in Josh just yet any how? He needs to earn his was back in to the number 1 wr spot. I am sure he will be back by week 1 of the reg season and we can go from there, I am not bad mouthing the man by any means only saying don't let it get to you that much. There is NO way we have a worse season than last year, NO WAY. We all need to be loud and proud for this team and be the 12 man together. Stay away from the assholes that love to kick us when we are down, Big reason why I can't understand we let Steeler fans on here, I don't belong to any other Browns message boards and NO WAY IN HELL would I join a Pisspuke board. Win or Lose GO BROWNS woof woof

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

I rarely use Twitter, but I found Josh quoting this verse from the Bible interesting...  

Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Anyone who is an addict or knows one personally will immediately understand the relevance. I also want to remind everyone that nobody wakes up one day and WANTS to be an addict. It takes everything from a person, a family, and leaves them an empty shell devoid of all hope and future....IF....they don't get help and CONTINUE getting help. I want Josh back as much or even more than anyone. But you know what? Even if he never plays another down of football, it appears as if Josh is figuring out what it takes to live a sober life, and that means more than anything in the world. It would be an awful shame to never see this rare talent play a game he is so good at, but it'd be a bigger shame to see his life, his chance at being a father....washed away too. 

15 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Anyone who is an addict or knows one personally will immediately understand the relevance. I also want to remind everyone that nobody wakes up one day and WANTS to be an addict. It takes everything from a person, a family, and leaves them an empty shell devoid of all hope and future....IF....they don't get help and CONTINUE getting help. I want Josh back as much or even more than anyone. But you know what? Even if he never plays another down of football, it appears as if Josh is figuring out what it takes to live a sober life, and that means more than anything in the world. It would be an awful shame to never see this rare talent play a game he is so good at, but it'd be a bigger shame to see his life, his chance at being a father....washed away too. 

......and that's all very nice.  We can say a prayer for him at church on Sunday.   BUT IS HE GONNA PLAY FOOTBALL!!?  OR NOT!!

He has left his team in a lurch.  (theoretically - I'm assuming they never counted 100% on him)  Because the actual truth is that he lead his team on that he was full go to be a Cleveland Brown....clean....dedicated....a new man....a father....all that jive.    And now he doesn't report to work?!   Well then you're NOT a new man, rededicated, yadda yadda.

Perhaps he's just too screwed up to be a football player.  Last year with the dark glasses on while on the sideline during games.  Maybe he's just too whacked to be a football player.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Perhaps he's just too screwed up to be a football player.  Last year with the dark glasses on while on the sideline during games.  Maybe he's just too whacked to be a football player.

Can you please... for the love of everything holy... quit saying this! It makes you sound like you don't know what you are talking about. Literally 20 seconds of research will show you that the entire WR room and coaches were part of this. You got them for scoring a TD. 

32 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You got them for scoring a TD. 

I was unaware.  And no wonder, there were hardly any td's.  - and I never heard an announcer explain it.....but then some of the games were sooo bad that I watched just the plays.

Still...he's a general screw-up and I'm sick of him.  And I'll bet anything that the coaches and FO are fed up with him (no matter how politically correct they have to be at a press conference).

The only reason he hasn't been cut is because if he ever DOES get his butt on the field, he's a load for a DB to cover.  But if it comes to him costing us a roster spot...........

11 minutes ago, medicineman said:

As for talent, name 1 person on tv these days that has talent............

Stormy Daniels & her amazing ph...ole

2 hours ago, Orion said:

I was unaware.  And no wonder, there were hardly any td's.  - and I never heard an announcer explain it.....but then some of the games were sooo bad that I watched just the plays.

Still...he's a general screw-up and I'm sick of him.  And I'll bet anything that the coaches and FO are fed up with him (no matter how politically correct they have to be at a press conference).

The only reason he hasn't been cut is because if he ever DOES get his butt on the field, he's a load for a DB to cover.  But if it comes to him costing us a roster spot...........

No offense my brother, it's just that I've heard this so many times, not just from you but a lot of places- I felt it needed addressed. 

I'm actually okay with him not being here. 

1) Hard Knocks is a drama, and drama is the last thing Gordon needs.

2) Gordon is in amazing shape. He's actually one of the most physically gifted WRs in the game. The last thing we need is for him to tear an ACL or something before we unleash him on PIT.

3) Gordon may not have the games logged but he's been in the league nearly 6 years now and is still on his rookie contract. He's making peanuts compared to other WRs that couldn't hold his jock strap. He knows he has no legs to stand on for holding out for a new contract but I believe minimizing the risk for both parties is the best thing for all of us right now. 

If Gordon keeps his head on straight and has a monster year, helps us make the playoffs and end the drought, he could be in for a sizeable raise next year. 

As an aside- I'd take a chance on a fallible Josh "flash" Gordon over 10 Kenny Britts, Dwane Bowes and Donte Stallworths...

Archived