THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Tweets He Will Not Be At Training Camp This Week

Canton Dawg

52 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

So, I guess you better add the Browns Organization to the " UNSYMPATHETIC MEANIEs' because they are FOLLOWING GHOOLIE................

Isn't this funny? NO matter what position you idiots take against me, BOOM..... ABRACADABRA.....................SHAzaam..............The news that follows shortly shows ONCE AGAIN ..... AS ALWAYS.................GHOOLIE IS THE KING OF CORRECTAMUNDO.

The King of the Arselings is all you are.

BlBBER, BLABBER, BLABBER  all you jackoffs....................... ASSURING ME that this is Gordon being MATURE, FOCUSED, READY TO CONTRIBUTE..............

Nobody assured you of anything.  That is all just a delusion in your own mind. All anyone said or could say is: we hope Gordon gets and keeps his act together.  That is all.   If you think you saw or heard anything else, it is just a delusion on your part...or a hallucination...probably from the drugs you take.

And not 24 hours later after i told you that you are all full of schidt.............. the Browns organiztation and the media, tell you.........AFTER GHOOLIE DID...............EXACTLY WHAT GHOOLIE SAID. Look, here, the same bullshidt sources that fed you nonsense 2 days ago.....are NOW telling you what Ghoolie said.

BIG #1 DORSEY WAS ASKED, "CAN YOU PROMISE THERE IS NO MORE SUSPENSION AHEAD FOR JOSH GORDON". DORSEY REFUSED TO ANSWER.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/omar-ruiz-on-cleveland-browns-wide-receiver-josh-gordon-no-timestamp-on-when-he-

1) DORSEY WALKS BACK HIS CONFIDENCE IN GORDON. CONSIDERING DEZ BRYANT TELLS YOU DESPITE WHAT HE SAYS.........HE DOESN'T SEE GORDON COMING BACK

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/07/josh_gordon_3.html

2) BROWNS POSITION THEMSELVES TO CUT GORDON LOOSE. 1st STEP - DID NOT REPORT LIST - THIS ILLUMINATES THE BEGINNING OF THE END. THEY ARE NOT SUPPORTING HIM

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-reverse-course-place-josh-180836869.html

3) CHRIS CARTER MIMICS GHOOLIE - HE SUPPORTS JOSH, BUT HE RECOGNIZES JOSH'S INABILITY TO MEED COMMITMENTS AS A SIGN THAT HE IS FUBAR.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Orion said:

A Browns fan would never, ever say that!   No matter how long you think, how many words you type, you would never be able to make a case for that statement.

He's not a Browns fan.

He's a blowhard tool, a homophobe, a racist, and someone who obviously wasn't loved enough by his parents and desperately craves attention to make up for it.

But he's definitely not a Browns fan. 

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's not a Browns fan.

He's a blowhard tool, a homophobe, a racist, and someone who obviously wasn't loved enough by his parents and desperately craves attention to make up for it.

He's an attention whore flamebating troll. Thinks by posting crap- he keeps the board moving...   

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

He's an attention whore flamebating troll. Thinks by posting crap- he keeps the board moving...   

You guys are geniuses. I am flattered that you spend so much time psychoanalyzing me. Really, you need to get a life.

19 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Does local radio have any additional info?

He has admitted to being hooked on opiates and Xanax from a young age. I personally expected more support for him.

Hue Jackson was asked if the Josh Gordon situation was "if he comes back" or "WHEN he comes back", and Hue Jackson said that as far as he knows, it's WHEN. Listen, if there was more to this situation, we'd freaking know. In this day and age of immediate knowledge, we'd know something. SOMEBODY would know something, and the details would get leaked. 

I think we literally have all the information surrounding the situation that there is, and we need to take the information we have at face value. Josh was experiencing a high degree of anxiety with the impending season, and he obviously can't partake in the vices he used to that helped him deal with these feelings. We have some recovering addicts on this board that shared their incredible stories with us, and one thing that virtually every addict will tell you is that after a few months of sobriety, even up to a year or two, it starts to get VERY hard to maintain. The old mindset creeps back in, we call it the "stinking thinking". The brain tells the addict, "See? You have this under control! I told you! You can quit whenever you want to, so go ahead and use and feel better." It might sound ridiculous, but it's true. Here's another fact that people may not realize:  Addiction is literally one of the only diseases that tells the person THEY DON'T HAVE IT. It's the epitome of mind screw. 

Josh Gordon said he needs to get absolutely right before the season. The biggest season, the most important time of his life, and perhaps his last chance to make the money he wants to help himself and family. To save his career. I could go on, but you get the point. It's an INSANE amount of pressure, and it started to build up to a point where he had to take a step back and say, "Whoa."

The NFL league office specifically said that Josh is not suspended. So everyone take a breath. Is Josh currently inside an inpatient drug rehab facility? I doubt it. That would generally mean a minimum of 28 days, and I don't see that happening. I think he's staying with a trusted advisor, he's going to outpatient services, and he's working out. I'd bet money right now that Josh will be back no later than 10 days from now. 

On 7/23/2018 at 8:18 PM, jcam222 said:

This may be TMI but for the hell of it I thought I would share anyway. I abused drugs and alcohol from the age of about 18 to 28. There was literally nothing I didn't try and I used daily. That and the impact it had on my life made me the very definition of an addict / alcoholic. A couple years of crack at the end helped get me to rehab sooner than many. I've been clean and sober now 28 years. 

So now to the reason I shared that today. There were many things I had never done without being under the influence of something. Now the TMI, As an example I literally had never had sex without being blasted (yea started late at 18 lol). I remember the first time it was going to happen with a new girlfriend several months into being sober , I was fricking anxiety ridden to the point of potentially cancelling her visit to the house that night.  Trust me too, I LOVE SEX. I simply wasn't sure how to act in that situation being sober. I sought the support of a meeting and my sponsor and learned it was pretty damn normal for someone like me to feel like that. 

Gordon loves football but he has really never played it sober. He hasn't faced training camp pressure, fans, teammates and high expectations for performance clean and sober literally ever in his adult life. As the stark reality of training camp and the impending season  set in he probably got more and more nervous about his ability to perform and more importantly his ability to cope. The fear of failure is likely gnawing at him. So now , in conjunction with the team he is addressing the concern proactively. I say this shows growth in his recovery and is a good sign!

In conclusion I predict he gets the additional support and lights it up this season just like i lit up that girl after my additional counseling LOL. 

I really appreciate you sharing that J.  Awesome post!  2-3 years ago, I was so frustrated with Gordon I posted I stopped counting on him moving forward. 

When he came back last year, I noticed a difference in him I really liked - to the extent I saw a guy that looked like we could count on. That is, if he kept up the commitment off the field.I really think he has especially looking at the fitness he's worked to achieve on a frame ready to welcome it with ideal results.  As you put it, this seems like a way better approach than the previous one he always defaulted to.  He's trying to keep it together by accessing the resources in place.  This doesn't have to be the doom and gloom it's being made out to be.  The off season commitment shows me he's excited about his opportunity so I'm glad he wants to make the most of it.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's not a Browns fan.

Well said Dutch!   The disrespectful act is stale to say the least.

53 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I really appreciate you sharing that J.  Awesome post!  2-3 years ago, I was so frustrated with Gordon I posted I stopped counting on him moving forward. 

When he came back last year, I noticed a difference in him I really liked - to the extent I saw a guy that looked like we could count on. That is, if he kept up the commitment off the field.I really think he has especially looking at the fitness he's worked to achieve on a frame ready to welcome it with ideal results.  As you put it, this seems like a way better approach than the previous one he always defaulted to.  He's trying to keep it together by accessing the resources in place.  This doesn't have to be the doom and gloom it's being made out to be.  The off season commitment shows me he's excited about his opportunity so I'm glad he wants to make the most of it.

What was that famous political statement?........"Trust but verify."🤩

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's not a Browns fan.

But, but, but some of his best friends are gay or black.....or gay and black!!!  After all....he lives in Memphis.

On 7/27/2018 at 4:36 AM, Ghoolie said:

You guys are geniuses. I am flattered that you spend so much time psychoanalyzing me. Really, you need to get a life.

Let's not pretend it takes more than a second to describe what we've experienced from you. 

Cigarette ashes, Cigarette butts - it's not just the Shrinks that think you're nuts...

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But, but, but some of his best friends are gay or black.....or gay and black!!! After all....he lives in Memphis.

Memphis has a 330 lb snow flake with a hobby of trolling message boards. 

If that's living the dream at 63 years of age, what do you want to be when you get older?

On 7/27/2018 at 7:23 AM, jiggins7919 said:

Josh Gordon said he needs to get absolutely right before the season. The biggest season, the most important time of his life, and perhaps his last chance to make the money he wants to help himself and family. To save his career. I could go on, but you get the point. It's an INSANE amount of pressure, and it started to build up to a point where he had to take a step back and say, "Whoa."

The NFL league office specifically said that Josh is not suspended. So everyone take a breath. Is Josh currently inside an inpatient drug rehab facility? I doubt it. That would generally mean a minimum of 28 days, and I don't see that happening. I think he's staying with a trusted advisor, he's going to outpatient services, and he's working out. I'd bet money right now that Josh will be back no later than 10 days from now. 

From what I heard, it's not the addiction causing this.  It's the anxiety of playing without the self medications habit perfected that previously prevented anxiety from interfering with his performance.  Unfortunately, that mentality, as early as the multiple suspensions in college, only had him suspended far longer than he played.  My guess is he's seeking help from someone that can help him with this anxiety while he also continues to meet his ongoing drug support group/counseling. 

I said this a long time ago.  I think Josh has often viewed his football talent as a stressful curse to the extent he's never allowed himself to enjoy the sport the way fans think he should with such an athletic blessing.  I had an older brother (5 years ahead of me) that was great at everything he did in baseball and football while he was an A student in honors 9th grade subjects as a 7th grader.  He aced all the IQ tests at school.  However, with all that came the growing pressure to meet and live up to the expectations.  He left a starting OG position on the varsity football team as a junior to hang out with the Spicoli's of his class.  The sad thing was he lifted himself into a very powerful compact frame of 5'7" 210 lbs that was ideal in the trenches back in the late 70s era.  He ingrained in me that his lack of height made him superior in leverage for the trenches. All those God-givens and hard work went unfulfilled.

He also never graduated. He got his GED and then got a degree from Idaho State.  He later got his own business and when he started doing well - take a guess what blind sided him?   His life ended way too early at just 52 years of age.  

Suffice it to say, I've seen what anxiety like Josh is experiencing can do to someone if they don't have the right kind of support/treatment in place.  I think the reality that Josh understands there's a better way of dealing with pressure than surrendering to the temporary high (his profession doesn't allow) isn't the doom and gloom some are making it out to be.  Okay so he misses some training camp after the off season conditioning he put into his body and participation at all the OTAs.  This sure seems way better than getting him back in December when the rest of our games were as meaningful as preseason football.  At least this time we have other weapons if he has to miss a week or 2 of the regular season.  There may be some rust to shake out as well some getting acclimated to playing without the high he previously counted to relax the anxiety during the performance.  That said, muscle memory as well as his hand eye coordination should work well in tandem with the repetition. The first versions of Jerry Rice dropping passes in NFL games definitely weren't the impressions of him that lasted. Any why?  The guy was driven to succeed by working his tail off to show people an inner chest can render disappointing 40 times meaningless especially when there's other assets to tap (like agility/change of direction). Or, in Josh's case, size and length of strides that make him look effortless when he's beating people downfield. Once he re-establishes how fun this game can be - that's all the cross addiction he'll need to giddy up and get after it moving forward.

If you made it this far - sorry for the length...

On 7/26/2018 at 3:56 PM, The Gipper said:

First of all, I'll take Ghoolie's advice about drug use when he puts down the crack pipe in between powering down his Tennessee Stupid Juice.  This is tentatively scheduled for the 12th of Never. Who's kiddin who here? 

As for Cris Carter, while I get the sense he's trying to be helpful to Josh instead of being hurtful - he's not qualified to diagnose Gordon.  Carter has quite an ignorance of the difference between physical dependence/addiction to Cocaine vrs that of marijuana.  In fact, a lot times when I'm reading about Gordon and he can stop drinking after a beer or 2 unlike Cris could in his bouts with not only cocaine but alcohol as well.  Hey, I like Cris Carter and I remain impressed with how he worked on that side of his life so he could be successful.  This episode of Josh Gordon seems to be preventive rather than an intervention in the sense of he's trying to stay on track and what he needs to do so. 

I often wonder why it's marijuana use that is illegal and not alcohol.  Think back to your college days, how often did you see someone that's wasted smoking pot decide to start a bar fight?  Now think back how often you saw a knucklehead like Ghoolie all liquored up wanting to beat up the smallest kid in the bar or the nearest female for all to see.  A lot of these types end up trolling message boards with an insatiable appetite to bully people which, as we've learned, can continue well into one's 60s...  

It's not that I want alcohol to be illegal; but I'll bet alcohol and cocaine lead to more violence, road rage and traffic crashes/fatalities than marijuana.  I could be wrong on that but I doubt it...

every year, sane sht. every god damn fukking year we get to thinking hiw awesome gordo is gonna be alongside our crop of wr's who are awesome at letting footballs slup through their fingers while running across the brightly colored sections of the football field, i beleivevthey're called "endzones". 

erry fukking year. 

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

every year, sane sht. every god damn fukking year we get to thinking hiw awesome gordo is gonna be alongside our crop of wr's who are awesome at letting footballs slup through their fingers while running across the brightly colored sections of the football field, i beleivevthey're called "endzones". 

erry fukking year. 

9-1-1, can you hold? 

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

erry fukking year. 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

More and more I’m starting to think his absence is planned by the team. He’s in Gainesville at the stadium working out today. 

Kind of like a planned time out before the 24/7 press and other stuff hits this team which is sure to attract a lot of national attention. 

Josh Gordon Tweets He Will Not Be At Training Camp This Week

So, the week's over now Josh.  What are your plans for next week?  Fishing in upper state NY?  Perhaps whale watching off Cape Cod...

11 hours ago, jcam222 said:

More and more I’m starting to think his absence is planned by the team. He’s in Gainesville at the stadium working out today. 

He is? I didn't see anything like that. Can you please provide a link? Thanks! 

21 hours ago, Flugel said:

From what I heard, it's not the addiction causing this.  It's the anxiety of playing without the self medications habit perfected that previously prevented anxiety from interfering with his performance.  Unfortunately, that mentality, as early as the multiple suspensions in college, only had him suspended far longer than he played.  My guess is he's seeking help from someone that can help him with this anxiety while he also continues to meet his ongoing drug support group/counseling. 

I said this a long time ago.  I think Josh has often viewed his football talent as a stressful curse to the extent he's never allowed himself to enjoy the sport the way fans think he should with such an athletic blessing.  I had an older brother (5 years ahead of me) that was great at everything he did in baseball and football while he was an A student in honors 9th grade subjects as a 7th grader.  He aced all the IQ tests at school.  However, with all that came the growing pressure to meet and live up to the expectations.  He left a starting OG position on the varsity football team as a junior to hang out with the Spicoli's of his class.  The sad thing was he lifted himself into a very powerful compact frame of 5'7" 210 lbs that was ideal in the trenches back in the late 70s era.  He ingrained in me that his lack of height made him superior in leverage for the trenches. All those God-givens and hard work went unfulfilled.

He also never graduated. He got his GED and then got a degree from Idaho State.  He later got his own business and when he started doing well - take a guess what blind sided him?   His life ended way too early at just 52 years of age.  

Suffice it to say, I've seen what anxiety like Josh is experiencing can do to someone if they don't have the right kind of support/treatment in place.  I think the reality that Josh understands there's a better way of dealing with pressure than surrendering to the temporary high (his profession doesn't allow) isn't the doom and gloom some are making it out to be.  Okay so he misses some training camp after the off season conditioning he put into his body and participation at all the OTAs.  This sure seems way better than getting him back in December when the rest of our games were as meaningful as preseason football.  At least this time we have other weapons if he has to miss a week or 2 of the regular season.  There may be some rust to shake out as well some getting acclimated to playing without the high he previously counted to relax the anxiety during the performance.  That said, muscle memory as well as his hand eye coordination should work well in tandem with the repetition. The first versions of Jerry Rice dropping passes in NFL games definitely weren't the impressions of him that lasted. Any why?  The guy was driven to succeed by working his tail off to show people an inner chest can render disappointing 40 times meaningless especially when there's other assets to tap (like agility/change of direction). Or, in Josh's case, size and length of strides that make him look effortless when he's beating people downfield. Once he re-establishes how fun this game can be - that's all the cross addiction he'll need to giddy up and get after it moving forward.

If you made it this far - sorry for the length...

Anxiety is a crippling emotion and can disable just about anyone. If someone uses chemicals (prescribed or otherwise) to suppress it, they're going to be in for a helluva shock when they try to face these feelings WITHOUT them. It can be done, but it's not usually pretty, and it generally takes multiple tries to get it right. 

Jimmy Haslam mentioned the reason they moved JG to the did not report status was its positive contract impact on the team. The following applies in the case of did not report - 

"A team can fine a player a maximum of $30,000 for each day of training camp he misses. A player who signed his contract as an unrestricted free agent can be fined one week’s base salary (1/17 of salary) for each preseason game missed in addition to the $30,000 per day.

A team can also recover a portion of a player’s signing bonus. Fifteen percent of the prorated amount of signing bonus can be recouped on the sixth day of a training camp holdout. It’s one percent for each additional missed day with a maximum of 25 percent of the prorated amount during training camp. An additional 25 percent can be recovered with the first missed regular season game. After four missed weeks, a team can recover 1/17 of the prorated amount for each additional week of the player’s absence. The maximum a team can recover in a season is the entire prorated amount of the player’s signing bonus in that contract year.

Importantly, if an under-contract player doesn’t report to training camp by Aug. 9 (30 days before the first regular-season game of the season), that player loses an accrued season."

Additionally from what I can gather anyone on the did not report list, retired list and reserve list do require paperwork for reinstatement as a formality. 

I'm sorry, but someone please convince me how a player who can't handle showing up to training camp to practice Is going to be able to handle the mental grind of the actual regular season. 

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sorry, but someone please convince me how a player who can't handle showing up to training camp to practice Is going to be able to handle the mental grind of the actual regular season. 

Possibly losing your #1 deep threat WR on a basically rebuilt offense with a new QB would be a challenge to say the least.....Flash Gordon was a great talent way back when.

HBO has to be loving this, "stay tuned to Hard Knocks, Cleveland Browns style".  

i-knew-it-it-was-too-good-to-be-true.jpg

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

That's the entire point, he recognizes he can't. He is trying to take action to change that. It is truly impossible for most who haven't been there to understand it but life newly clean / sober is an uncomfortable fit. 

Archived