THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Tweets He Will Not Be At Training Camp This Week

Canton Dawg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So one could argue that football enables him, yes? 

Just mo' money to get into trouble that way. Ironically he may benefit from the structure of organized sports.

On 7/23/2018 at 8:58 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Right on.

Refresh my memory, but didn't he do something similar to this last year? Right before training camp was to begin, after he had been out of the league for god knows how long, he put himself into rehab? 

BINGO... BINGO.....BINGO

12 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

BINGO... BINGO.....BINGO

For the love of everything holy don't agree with me.

There isn't a shower long enough or hot enough to wash off that disgusting feeling. 

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

For the love of everything holy don't agree with me.

There isn't a shower long enough or hot enough to wash off that disgusting feeling. 

Hey Dutch just remember the blind squirrel analogy, some do occasionally  find a nut, even by accident....most however just go away and die.:lol:

Oh well it is an opinion board and everyone has one. 

Poor bastards. 

Isn't it funny? Every stinking year we go through the same cowpoop.

1) You guys get excited by a failed draft. You believe that we have added DYNAMIC PLAYERS

2) You guys get all excited thinking that new coffee fetchers ( coordinators) are going to overthrow the HC and turn the team around

3) You guys get excited, convinced that FINALLY............... THIS YEAR.............. we have the talent required to be a really good team

4) You guys blast my predictions and call me negative

5) You guys sit home, fists clenched white as the season approaches, and one-by-one my predictions come true, and as it is with Gordon. all your fantasy nonsense starts crumbling right before your very eyes.

On and on you go about cowpoop that is nothing more than fantasy So again, before the season begins, let me illuminate for you how it is going to go.

A) The largest problem in Sheet-Town is a lack of discipline, that has not been addressed, and mistakes will continue to be the Browns #1 export.

B.) Hue Jackson's offense is dink and dump. It will continue to be so and your run-first RG3 will get pounded, and most likely injured

C) Lask of pass rush will have the D tired and injured as the season progresses. It will have the offense playing catch up all year long. Opposing Defenses will feast on the Browns as they did last year.

D) The Browns refusal to participate in acquiring top-tier offensive talent will again put a quick end to this misplaced enthusiasm.

E) Players don't want to play for this team. The Browns franchise is a place to go when you want to loaf and milk money out of idiots.

Josh Gordon had many, many months to show his colors, take care of himself and be a team player. And you really believe with all that time he had for helath care and counselling, it is just coincidental that he needed a week at the beginning of training camp. Do you really believe that?.

22 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Poor bastards. 

Josh Gordon had many, many months to show his colors, take care of himself and be a team player. And you really believe with all that time he had for health care and counselling, it is just coincidental that he needed a week at the beginning of training camp. Do you really believe that?.

If you're right, you'll be right when the time comes. We'll see how things are going come October. If we're 0-4 Hue is gone.  

Want to know what I really think about Gordon? Stress\anxiety issues. A few insider reports I've seen seem to confirm this. He knows one more screw up, he's out of the NFL for good. Go to a treatment center for a week, take some Xanax and chill out. We'll see how long he's gone- the first couple weeks of training camp aren't going to be all that important for a guy like him. Don't forget he missed all of training camp and the first 11 games last year before he got to play. Plus- as others have suggested- maybe he doesn't want to be around training camp with the HBO cameras hounding him every minute. I know I wouldn't. 

BTW, your studly Steeler Le'veon Bell is planning to sit out the entire preseason pouting because he didn't get more than the $14 million the Steelers were offering- so go rag on him for not being a "team player".  :D 

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Poor bastards. 

1) You guys get excited by a failed draft. You believe that we have added DYNAMIC PLAYERS

2) You guys get all excited thinking that new coffee fetchers ( coordinators) are going to overthrow the HC and turn the team around

3) You guys get excited, convinced that FINALLY............... THIS YEAR.............. we have the talent required to be a really good team

5) You guys sit home, fists clenched white as the season approaches, and one-by-one my predictions come true, and as it is with Gordon. all your fantasy nonsense starts crumbling right before your very eyes.

On and on you go about cowpoop that is nothing more than fantasy So again, before the season begins, let me illuminate for you how it is going to go.

A) The largest problem in Sheet-Town is a lack of discipline, that has not been addressed, and mistakes will continue to be the Browns #1 export.

B.) Hue Jackson's offense is dink and dump. It will continue to be so and your run-first RG3 will get pounded, and most likely injured

C) Lask of pass rush will have the D tired and injured as the season progresses. It will have the offense playing catch up all year long. Opposing Defenses will feast on the Browns as they did last year.

D) The Browns refusal to participate in acquiring top-tier offensive talent will again put a quick end to this misplaced enthusiasm.

E) Players don't want to play for this team. The Browns franchise is a place to go when you want to loaf and milk money out of idiots.

Josh Gordon had many, many months to show his colors, take care of himself and be a team player. And you really believe with all that time he had for helath care and counselling, it is just coincidental that he needed a week at the beginning of training camp. Do you really believe that?.

tenor.gif?w=378&h=258

On 7/23/2018 at 3:08 PM, hoorta said:

Gordon is a recovering alcoholic- and if this "treatment" helps keep him sober, it's a good thing.  

Very. It shows maturity. He's going into counseling to avoid a relapse. He's doing exactly what he should be doing. There is a big thread on my steeler board praising him for it.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

<<If you're right, you'll be right when the time comes. We'll see how things are going come October. If we're 0-4 Hue is gone. >>

Larry, with all due respect, you are a Northerner and you don't really understand how the Conservative, reserved, proper Southerner behaves. They like to be seen as champions of racial discovery. It will take a lot for Haslam to fire a black head coach. I promise you, his wife is HUGE into this bullcrap. You guys like to analyze football by the values and norms of your circle of life. But people with money, big money don't give a schidt about the things people, like you think, are important.  To any sane person, Hue gave justification for being fired long ago. As it is, he is the most powerful and influential figure in the organization. If he hasn't been fired by now, he is likely staying for awhile.

<< We'll see how long he's gone- the first couple weeks of training camp aren't going to be all that important for a guy like him. Don't forget he missed all of training camp and the first 11 games last year before he got to play. Plus- as others have suggested- maybe he doesn't want to be around training camp with the HBO cameras hounding him every minute. I know I wouldn't. >>

I never said the guy can't play. I always said he can play. As goof as Julio Jones? Maybe. However, to enable a comparison, he would first have to play for a length of time, wouldn't he? One a single play? Sure, he is as good as anyone. But that isn't how sparts are played, nor how men are judged. You are a homer, Larry. No maer what the Browns do, you are giddy. No matter what bad thing a Browns player does, you have a novel-sized list of apologies, explanations and analyses for why it is actually a good thing.

Your explanations and apologies are consistent. Consistently wrong. 1 - 15, 0 - 16,  2 - 14? Quite possible.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

<<BTW, your studly Steeler Le'veon Bell is planning to sit out the entire preseason pouting because he didn't get more than the $14 million the Steelers were offering- so go rag on him for not being a "team player".  :D >>

You are as emotional as a 12 year-old girl. Nothing the Steelers do has any bearing on the Browns, other than butt Shmucking them twice every year. Nothing Bell does affects the reality that unlike Bell.....Gordon has never delivered for the Browns. He has never helped his team get to the playoffs. Unlike Bell, Gordon has not been there, not even once, when the Browns needed him. 

On the issue of being a team player. This isnt the big rub on Josh. Josh is soft. He is undsciplined. He is not intense. He doens't give a Sheet about anyone but himself. THAT is the guy you think is going to lead the Browns offense to greatness? Are you out of your Shmucking mind? A soft hitting Zumba instructor who begged to go to Dallas? A guy who admits he doesn't play hard on every down............... THAT is your #1 #1 pick?

Here is the thing Larry....if some homosexual reporters and camera men "KNOCK" too hard for Gordon, he isn't going to have a good year. He just is not tough enough to be a mainstay in the NFL. 

As far as Bell and the Steelers go, there are 2 things. 

1) Chances are, the Steelers will get him signed, and he will play.

2) If he doens't sign, the Steelers will find yet another miraculous replacement that has you scratching your dried out balls and pondering " how do they always find these guys?"

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Very. It shows maturity. He's going into counseling to avoid a relapse. He's doing exactly what he should be doing. There is a big thread on my steeler board praising him for it.

And he couldn't have done this ahead of camp? It miraculously needed to happen now? Sorry dude, I wasn't born yesterday. This guy is hiding something. Maturity would have been having his Sheet together to join his team opening day.

7 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

And he couldn't have done this ahead of camp? It miraculously needed to happen now? Sorry dude, I wasn't born yesterday. This guy is hiding something. Maturity would have been having his Sheet together to join his team opening day.

I will admit I questioned the timing BUT if giving the benefit of the doubt you can't put a stamp on when you feel like you may relapse. If I were a Browns fan I'd be supporting the guy until he gives you a reason not to this season.

10 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I will admit I questioned the timing BUT if giving the benefit of the doubt you can't put a stamp on when you feel like you may relapse. If I were a Browns fan I'd be supporting the guy until he gives you a reason not to this season.

And last year, when Gordon put himself into rehab instead of starting the season, what words would you choose to describe that?

My Father taught me something as a kid that has served me well in my life and in judging the character of others. He told me that a man has to face his dragons, for if he doesn't he will live his entire life as a coward, in the shadow of those things. Now, I am not talking about drugs. Gordon has now, two years in a row failed to face the dragon of training camp/opening day. Likewise, he has folded every time at facing his other dragons.

Therapy, the kind that psychologists, psychiatrists, and motivational figures impart on a man are largely horse manure. Men today,  like Hoorta, Gipper,  and Zombo have grown soft, even effeminate. Powdering a man's butt never gets results. 

A FOOT IN THE butt? Now THAT is what separates a man from a coward. Josh Gordon has done everything a man can do to avoid facing a foot in his butt. Not being at camp is not a sign of maturity, it is a sign of his weakness, his inability to face life head-on.

My Dad always said that a man should have a lot of scars, and no cloaks of excuse and explanation for why he failed. So does that mean I am smarter than all the experts? Yeah, it does, by way of my Father, I am a better judge of character than anyone here, and certainly, anyone who calls themselves " an expert"

Remember Vag, ultimately in today's world, TV experts, associated doctors, therapists, and coaches are not employed to do the right thing. They are employed to sell a product. The are employed to keep the gullible masses at the turnstile, buying tickets, over-priced beer and great big bags of bullschidt.

Only a fool believes Gordon not showing up for camp is a sign of maturity, advancement, personal gain, and progress. If I was his friend/coach/therapist? I would have told him, look A hole, people are counting on you. Get your butt straight and be there for camp. SHOW ME how you have changed.

Gordon is without fiber.

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

B.) Hue Jackson's offense is dink and dump.

Wrong.  He had a dink & dump TEAM last year but still forced his mid to long range passing game on the offense.  He even benched Kessler because he wouldn't throw the ball long.  -  So McCown started the second half and threw some nice long INT's...just like the coach wanted...and we went on to lose, of course.

No.  I've been expecting this shoe to fall.

Remember last season......when he'd make a big play.....he'd get to the sidelines, take his helmet off and put on dark glasses?    He's some kinda' phucked up.

But still, he's so good when he's on the field that we have to keep him.......until he actually costs us a roster spot.  

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

And last year, when Gordon put himself into rehab instead of starting the season, what words would you choose to describe that?

My Father taught me something as a kid that has served me well in my life and in judging the character of others. He told me that a man has to face his dragons, for if he doesn't he will live his entire life as a coward, in the shadow of those things. Now, I am not talking about drugs. Gordon has now, two years in a row failed to face the dragon of training camp/opening day. Likewise, he has folded every time at facing his other dragons.

Therapy, the kind that psychologists, psychiatrists, and motivational figures impart on a man are largely horse manure. Men today,  like Hoorta, Gipper,  and Zombo have grown soft, even effeminate. Powdering a man's butt never gets results. 

A FOOT IN THE butt? Now THAT is what separates a man from a coward. Josh Gordon has done everything a man can do to avoid facing a foot in his butt. Not being at camp is not a sign of maturity, it is a sign of his weakness, his inability to face life head-on.

My Dad always said that a man should have a lot of scars, and no cloaks of excuse and explanation for why he failed. So does that mean I am smarter than all the experts? Yeah, it does, by way of my Father, I am a better judge of character than anyone here, and certainly, anyone who calls themselves " an expert"

Remember Vag, ultimately in today's world, TV experts, associated doctors, therapists, and coaches are not employed to do the right thing. They are employed to sell a product. The are employed to keep the gullible masses at the turnstile, buying tickets, over-priced beer and great big bags of bullschidt.

Only a fool believes Gordon not showing up for camp is a sign of maturity, advancement, personal gain, and progress. If I was his friend/coach/therapist? I would have told him, look A hole, people are counting on you. Get your butt straight and be there for camp. SHOW ME how you have changed.

Gordon is without fiber.

Goolie he is ignorant.  He thinks that anyone that does anything that resembles compassion or understanding or sympathy  makes that person a wuss. But the fact is quite the opposite is true. Real men masculine man understand and deal with and show sympathy and understanding to other people with problems. 

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

On the issue of being a team player. He doesn't give a Sheet about anyone but himself. THAT is the guy you think is going to lead the Steelers offense to greatness? 

As far as Bell and the Steelers go, there are 2 things. 

1) Chances are, the Steelers will get him signed, and he will play.

2) If he doesn't sign, the Steelers will find yet another miraculous replacement that has you scratching your dried out balls and pondering " how do they always find these guys?"

FIFY.  Bell is all about Le'veon. 2X more than any other running back was making at the time wasn't good enough for him. Screw him and the Steelers. They won't get him signed unless he takes what the Steelers are offering him. That's the way they operate. 

The Steelers brilliantly signed now out of the league mega bust Justin Gilbert in case you forgot- and I'm sure you did. :D 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Goolie he is ignorant.  He thinks that anyone that does anything that resembles compassion or understanding or sympathy  makes that person a wuss. But the fact is quite the opposite is true. Real men masculine man understand and deal with and show sympathy and understanding to other people with problems. 

Those who show no sympathy to others probably will get none themselves. 

7 hours ago, Orion said:

Wrong.  He had a dink & dump TEAM last year but still forced his mid to long range passing game on the offense.  He even benched Kessler because he wouldn't throw the ball long.  -  So McCown started the second half and threw some nice long INT's...just like the coach wanted...and we went on to lose, of course.

No.  I've been expecting this shoe to fall.

Here is the deal O-ball, and maybe we can find common ground. I have cheered for Gordon, but over and over and over, these players, coaches, and owners keep giving us rationale, reasoning, excuses, explanations, and apologies to convince us that what our eyes see is really not the truth; that there is a lot of magic going on behind the scenes that we just don't understand.

There is always some excuse for why the standards that apply to other teams, to great teams, really are being met in Cleveland, just with some exceptions......

I'm sick of cowpoop, fluff and fantastic scenarios that contradict what we all know is logic.

I don't give a Sheet what anyone says, Coleman is a coward. He had a chance to catch a simple pass and beat the Steelers. How Shmucked up are Browns fans? They actually blamed Kizer for throwing an accurate, on target pass to Coleman. Dude, WTF? WTF? WTF? On one hand, guys here are sucking Coleman's nutsack telling me what a stellar WR and 1st round pick he is..........BUT BUT BUT...................... then blaming Kizer for throwing a perfect pass to him? Dude, Browns fans are FUBAR.

Next thing someone will call me racist for riding Josh into the dirt. Hey man, I am not dissing a guy for having personal problems. God Bless him, and I hope he prevails over his demons. But my criticism is something different. Training camp didn't just sneak up on him. He has had plenty of time to get right with his mind and body. Whatever treatment he is having, there is no reason he could not have had it a few weeks ago and came to camp. Instead, he sits out and instead of the story being............Browns ready to rock and roll......it reads..... assshole Gordon still the center of attention with behavior not complimenting the Browns team.

Add Zumba girl wanting to be a Cowboy, admitting he doesn't play hard on every down,  constantly getting hurt, and admitting himself into concussion protocol? Do you know what that was all about? I PROMISE YOU, his agent/atty told him to do it so there is a record of him having a head injury for when he needs to sue the Browns to make up for his lifes earnings that he blew. You watch....this guy is not long a Brown, and he will sue the team adn the NFL one day. Just you watch.

Sorry, but this franchise is a joke. It is a franchise well beyond mediocrity.

I will pull for the Steelers opening day.

36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Those who show no sympathy to others probably will get none themselves. 

My wife and I donated over $40,000 to charities last year. We rescue pit bulls, buy bikes and coats for poor kids at Christmas, and I promise you, I give more to beggars on our street corners in a year than you jackoffs give to any charity.  I donate dozens of my books, give free advice to young rappers ( Producers corner, Memphis Rap.com) and have been a big brother. I don't need your cowpoop comments about compassion. You fuktards don't know jack Sheet about me.

That said, tough love is not cruel, it is not without compassion. Christ himself chastized excuse makers. Luke 9:59-62

Always something with this team, with this coach, with Browns players. Always an excuse. Always a reason why expecting the task at hand to be completed, for a Browns player, is mean, cruel and intolerable. Gordon would do well to read Luke. I never slammed Gordon for having a drug problem or needing help. All along, read my posts, I have condemned the NFL for what they did to him. HOWEVER.................there is a point in which a man makes a decision to be a man, to uptake his responsibilities and harvest his field. This guy is gifted, and he remains a sloth.

Proverbs 13:4

The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.

Proverbs 12:11

Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense.

Gordon lacks character. He will fail himself, his team, his franchise and his fans.

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Poor bastards. 

I think JG will be very instrumental in our two wins this year. On or off the field.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I will pull for the Steelers opening day.

A Browns fan would never, ever say that!   No matter how long you think, how many words you type, you would never be able to make a case for that statement.

If this anxiety is the actual item [I've seen nothing confirming] then the issue should have been explained to him with more than just "We'llSupportYou" word salad.. He has to be willing to fail.  Show up, deal with/process the emotions whatever they may be, and realize that although the anxiety/anger/etc will occur, the one thing he can't re-do is his actions and he can re-arrange the emotions LATER.

The actual missed opportunity is that in 6 years when he's out of the league he'd be more proud of himself for going through the physical actions of camp [because he would have at least been there to support his teammates] than he will for "Taking Some Time For Himself."

What we know..

Gordon isn't reported to have failed a test or is not feared to have been suspended.

Browns reverse course and put him on the "Did Not Report" list, as opposed to the NFl list. 

Maybe thats to free up a roster spot? Or maybe this is a holdout.. 

I think he's here week 1. Id rather have Gordon miss ALL of training camp, play in a preseason game or two, and have him there week 1, than to have him here now, and possibly screw himself up...

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

My wife and I donated over $40,000 to charities last year. We rescue pit bulls, buy bikes and coats for poor kids at Christmas, and I promise you, I give more to beggars on our street corners in a year than you jackoffs give to any charity.  I donate dozens of my books, give free advice to young rappers ( Producers corner, Memphis Rap.com) and have been a big brother. I don't need your cowpoop comments about compassion. You fuktards don't know jack Sheet about me.

That said, tough love is not cruel, it is not without compassion. Christ himself chastized excuse makers. Luke 9:59-62

Always something with this team, with this coach, with Browns players. Always an excuse. Always a reason why expecting the task at hand to be completed, for a Browns player, is mean, cruel and intolerable. Gordon would do well to read Luke. I never slammed Gordon for having a drug problem or needing help. All along, read my posts, I have condemned the NFL for what they did to him. HOWEVER.................there is a point in which a man makes a decision to be a man, to uptake his responsibilities and harvest his field. This guy is gifted, and he remains a sloth.

Proverbs 13:4

The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.

Proverbs 12:11

Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense.

Gordon lacks character. He will fail himself, his team, his franchise and his fans.

Matt.7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, yeshall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest notthe beam that is in thine own eye?

John.8.

[1] Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
[2] And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
[3] And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
[4] They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
[5] Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
[6] This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
[7] So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

The point of each of these biblical phrases is that  one must not be an utter hypocrite.  

You, sir, utter your hypocritical criticisms at Mr. Gordon, yet, verily, I say....you are as equally flawed in your existence. From my observations you have no grounds to utter your unfounded moral superiorities.

So....it is not "but for the Grace of God, there go I"......for you, it is should simply be "there go I,  let me beg God's grace"

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

If this anxiety is the actual item [I've seen nothing confirming] then the issue should have been explained to him with more than just "We'llSupportYou" word salad.. He has to be willing to fail.  Show up, deal with/process the emotions whatever they may be, and realize that although the anxiety/anger/etc will occur, the one thing he can't re-do is his actions and he can re-arrange the emotions LATER.

The actual missed opportunity is that in 6 years when he's out of the league he'd be more proud of himself for going through the physical actions of camp [because he would have at least been there to support his teammates] than he will for "Taking Some Time For Himself."

You better watch out, Gipper and Hoorta will call you a meanie. Gordon has no character. He should be cut immediately.

So, I guess you better add the Browns Organization to the " UNSYMPATHETIC MEANIEs' because they are FOLLOWING GHOOLIE................

Isn't this funny? NO matter what position you idiots take against me, BOOM..... ABRACADABRA.....................SHAzaam..............The news that follows shortly shows ONCE AGAIN ..... AS ALWAYS.................GHOOLIE IS THE KING OF CORRECTAMUNDO.

BlBBER, BLABBER, BLABBER  all you jackoffs....................... ASSURING ME that this is Gordon being MATURE, FOCUSED, READY TO CONTRIBUTE..............

And not 24 hours later after i told you that you are all full of schidt.............. the Browns organiztation and the media, tell you.........AFTER GHOOLIE DID...............EXACTLY WHAT GHOOLIE SAID. Look, here, the same bullshidt sources that fed you nonsense 2 days ago.....are NOW telling you what Ghoolie said.

BIG #1 DORSEY WAS ASKED, "CAN YOU PROMISE THERE IS NO MORE SUSPENSION AHEAD FOR JOSH GORDON". DORSEY REFUSED TO ANSWER.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/omar-ruiz-on-cleveland-browns-wide-receiver-josh-gordon-no-timestamp-on-when-he-

1) DORSEY WALKS BACK HIS CONFIDENCE IN GORDON. CONSIDERING DEZ BRYANT TELLS YOU DESPITE WHAT HE SAYS.........HE DOESN'T SEE GORDON COMING BACK

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/07/josh_gordon_3.html

2) BROWNS POSITION THEMSELVES TO CUT GORDON LOOSE. 1st STEP - DID NOT REPORT LIST - THIS ILLUMINATES THE BEGINNING OF THE END. THEY ARE NOT SUPPORTING HIM

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-reverse-course-place-josh-180836869.html

3) CHRIS CARTER MIMICS GHOOLIE - HE SUPPORTS JOSH, BUT HE RECOGNIZES JOSH'S INABILITY TO MEED COMMITMENTS AS A SIGN THAT HE IS FUBAR.

Archived