THE BROWNS BOARD

Typical knee-jerk

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

A quick googling around 

Sounds like these boats fall in a grey area fir regulation, have been involved in fatal accidents in the past, and in this particular case previous inspection reports may have been ignored.

Was there something about this boat that an inspection would have found and fixed? Is that what caused the problem? Not bickering I just don't know.

And by the way that's a perfectly proper use of the term knee jerk.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Was there something about this boat that an inspection would have found and fixed? Is that what caused the problem? Not bickering I just don't know.

And by the way that's a perfectly proper use of the term knee jerk.

WSS

It sounds like there was an inspection on this company's boats in 2017 that said something allong the lines that poor weather could cause pumps and other things on the boats to fail. They don't know if it was this boat that was inspected. 

Seems like "duck boat" should be sued for false advertising since most ducks don't just sink because of a little wave action.

And why do they call those other ones Boston Whalers when they actually don't stay under water like a whale, but stay floating on top no matter what, kind of like what a duck boat should be doing?🐳🦆

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It sounds like there was an inspection on this company's boats in 2017 that said something allong the lines that poor weather could cause pumps and other things on the boats to fail. They don't know if it was this boat that was inspected. 

Well I don't care about these duck boats but it seems The Logical solution would be to figure out if there was something that went wrong that inspection could have found and corrected. If so you could step up the inspection process. If not you have to admit sometimes shitt happens.

WSS

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Seems like "duck boat" should be sued for false advertising since most ducks don't just sink because of a little wave action.

And why do they call those other ones Boston Whalers when they actually don't stay under water like a whale, but stay floating on top no matter what, kind of like what a duck boat should be doing?🐳🦆

Another one of the obligatory knee-jerk reactions. Call the attorneys! 

😁

WSS

17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well I don't care about these duck boats but it seems The Logical solution would be to figure out if there was something that went wrong that inspection could have found and corrected. If so you could step up the inspection process. If not you have to admit sometimes shitt happens.

WSS

It sounds like these boats are prone to Sheet happening to them tho

Back in the day, we had a 25' pontoon boat, and took a bunch of family friends out swimming at an island

on the lake. A storm suddenly started to come up, and a married couple/friends had their fancy sportie car with the convertible top down. So,

we started back. The storm hit before we got back, flooded their car, boats were scrambling past us, our boat had 11 people on it,

we were slow. I already had everybody with jackets on when the storm was eminent.

Now, why the hell didn't the boat operator have everybody get their life jackets on? What...the...hell... is up with that?

We were with friends in Missouri - Table Rock lake. It isn't small. DAMMIT - the dam is over 6,000 ' long. The maximum depth is

220'.  It's area is 67 sq miles. Why in the hell would any boat operator not have everybody have their lifejackets on at the approach

of any storm???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_Rock_Lake

Again, it sounds like there is debate between people familiar with these boats about whether it would help. It sounds like the roof / top part is somewhere people can get stuck. A flotation device could make them more likely to get stuck 

oh so people got trapped in the boat. i tjought they got out but drowned. tjose boats just dont pass the eye test. anyone else feel the same? that hull just screams rock me from side to side. i get it they werent meant for ocean travel, "obviously".....but i would be unconfortable on a river in those things. 

if a boat doesnt have a keel id better some multi hull sht going on or im good. 

Archived