THE BROWNS BOARD

The actual Russian threat

Okay guys regardless of which side of the aisle you were on... First of all I don't think anybody truly believes that not everybody messes with everybody else's politics on a regular basis, friends and foe alike right?

But that isn't my question here. What is the actual threat to the United States of America from the Russians? Exactly what harm does anyone believe they could do to us and for what reason they would want to?

Furthermore isn't it logical that places including Iran and communist China pose a larger and more direct threat to the United States both militarily, through support of terrorism, or illegal manipulation of trade? 

How much does anyone care about the Russians reclaiming their former territory in the Ukraine or strong-arming the Crimean sea as a port for their only meaningful export?

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Okay guys regardless of which side of the aisle you were on... First of all I don't think anybody truly believes that not everybody messes with everybody else's politics on a regular basis, friends and foe alike right?

But that isn't my question here. What is the actual threat to the United States of America from the Russians? Exactly what harm does anyone believe they could do to us and for what reason they would want to?

Furthermore isn't it logical that places including Iran and communist China pose a larger and more direct threat to the United States both militarily, through support of terrorism, or illegal manipulation of trade? 

How much does anyone care about the Russians reclaiming their former territory in the Ukraine or strong-arming the Crimean sea as a port for their only meaningful export?

WSS

The actual threat is subterfuge. They will underhandedly screw around, cause some incident, especially via a third party, and get us distracted..

then they go do what they want to do. Like take back the Baltic States...and Poland, and the Ukraine. Why do I think that is dangerous? Because russia wants to own Poland and the Ukraine - so they can put their pipelines to Europe. Right now, Poland and the Ukraine block them geographically. So the Baltic States would give them more coastline, and Belarus gives them the geographical positioning to take Poland and the Ukraine. Putin already left ten thousand troops in Belarus, after war games, after promising NATO he wouldn't.

So, dividing us at home, due to obamao and the left's hatred now, since losing the election... is just part of the diversion.

Iran, my guess, could be another part of the diversion. Just a hunch on my part. Perhaps we could be two years away from war.

That's after the russians support a weak marxist leader to become our new president. Who knows.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/19/fears-grow-russian-military-drills-in-belarus-are-moscows-next-crimea.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/16/heres-what-pro-democracy-activists-in-belarus-fear-most-about-russias-war-games/?utm_term=.374c8795507b

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4581107/fears-russia-plotting-invasion-baltic-nato/

up-area.gif

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Russians main threat to us is Nuclear.  And they have built up their military dramatically in the Arctic circle.  I would say that China is by far the biggest threat to us both militarily and economically.

I don't know if that is true... it isn't much of a threat, because of MAD. That's just how I see it.

who knows.

19 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Russians main threat to us is Nuclear.  And they have built up their military dramatically in the Arctic circle.  I would say that China is by far the biggest threat to us both militarily and economically.

I would think that we would have more to worry about with Iran developing a nuclear weapon. Frankly I don't see a major superpower pulling the trigger on World War 3. I don't trust Afghanistan or Pakistan or Iran, not to Nuke Israel.  As far as North Korea who would they nuke and to what purpose?

I don't see what the Russians stand to gain.

WSS

Archived