THE BROWNS BOARD

Cast Iron Skillet shooting with 9mm, .40 cal and 45 ACP

DieHardBrownsFan

Everytime I see cast iron skillet anything I think of my old grandmother Ruby.

Best cook I've ever run across and a really cool old gal with her KFC Extra Crispy Chicken, Stroh'sĀ  beer and cigarettes.Ā ;)

42 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Everytime I see cast iron skillet anything I think of my old grandmother Ruby.

Best cook I've ever run across and a really cool old gal with her KFC Extra Crispy Chicken, Stroh'sĀ  beer and cigarettes.Ā ;)

My grandmother used to make the best roast going in an iron skillet that simmered on the stove top most of the day.

So I bought one and used it over and over trying to get it "seasoned" correctly like my grandmother had. After about a year I discovered my wife was washing it with dish soap and just could not believe we should just wipe it down or use a plastic mesh at most so the seasoning would take over time. Damn R.I. Yankee!šŸ˜‚

Speaking a firing ranges. This "range" fired back in Ohio. You boys are a bit strange up there. LOl!šŸ˜‚

Man wounded after storing revolver in his oven

An Ohio man suffered injuries last month after picking what later turned out to be a less than ideal storage spot for his handgun.

Robin L. Garlock, 44, of Warren, was taken for treatment at St. Joseph Warren Hospital after he was hit by fragments from a revolver he had stored in his oven, as reported by the Youngstown Vindicator. Garlock had placed the handgun in the kitchen appliance to keep it out of the reach of visiting children but his girlfriend, without knowing the loaded firearm was secreted in the broiler, turned the oven on and the ammunition eventually started cooking off.

ā€œHe was struck twice while trying to get the weapon secured,ā€ Warren Police Detective Wayne Mackey told the Vindicator. ā€œThe culprit is a Maytag oven.ā€

Mackey cautioned that while the story seems far-fetched, police found bullet holes in the stove and the gunā€“ which had two empty shell casings in the seized chamberā€“ had ā€œobviously had been in a fire.ā€

Mackey went on to tell Raw Story that the story was ā€œa weird one,ā€ going on to say that ā€œIn thirty years I have not had anybody shot by an appliance.ā€

While they donā€™t mention kitchen appliances that can generate a lot of heat, the National Shooting Sports Foundation recommends against hiding a gun in a closet, drawer or similar location.

ā€œSafe storage is employing precautions and multiple safeguards that provide an additional barrier against unauthorized use,ā€ says the trade group on their Project ChildSafe website.

^^^ Saw that on our local news,Ā  yes it did indeed happen.......and no we're not all that weird.Ā 

39 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Stupid Yankee's.

Normally I would agree but since my Yankee wife is obviously smarter than I, it's hard to throw stones in a glass house.

However since both my kids would agree she's smarter, they would also say, "She has no f'n common sense."

I trained them well in the proper use of the word f'n. As my daughter sometimes says, "The apple doesn't fall far from the f'n tree in the use of a good cuss word." So proud of her.šŸ‘©ā€ā¤ļøā€šŸ’‹ā€šŸ‘Ø

Archived