THE BROWNS BOARD

How is your excitement

LBC mike

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think anything other than that you are coming off as a Khunt troll who is too gutless, apparently, to tell which team  You You You Your Your Your root for. 

hey he has 3 likes maybe he won the day ;)

28 minutes ago, Bob Wiley said:

Some of you guys are really sensitive. I’m a Vikings fan, but as I’ve said before, I like what the Browns are doing this year. I remember the Brian Sipe and Ozzie Newsome years and I hope the Browns become a good team again.

you will never win the day with that kind attitude mr.

I am excited to see if we retain our pre season trophy this year.......brought tears to my eyes watching the Browns win it last year ...

16 hours ago, Bob Wiley said:

Some of you guys are really sensitive. I’m a Vikings fan, but as I’ve said before, I like what the Browns are doing this year. I remember the Brian Sipe and Ozzie Newsome years and I hope the Browns become a good team again.

See, now, how hard was that? And we are not sensitive.....we just don't care much for prevaricators and feckless trolls.  Now perhaps you can/have shed yourself of those labels and we can have a real discussion.

And, as you may note, my avatar is a bit of a subtitle to this forum.

So getting back to my original question, where is the excitement level? ESPN has the Browns winning 3, I think they will probably be closer to 6 wins.

One guy, Zombo, thinks the Playoffs. What is the general feeling in Cleveland. I’m genuinely curious about how optimistic the fans are because I think a lot of good stuff has happened in the last year for you guys.

12 minutes ago, Bob Wiley said:

So getting back to my original question, where is the excitement level? ESPN has the Browns winning 3, I think they will probably be closer to 6 wins.

One guy, Zombo, thinks the Playoffs. What is the general feeling in Cleveland. I’m genuinely curious about how optimistic the fans are because I think a lot of good stuff has happened in the last year for you guys.

With 20 years of shite behind us, I for one am in a "Prove it" mode.  I have no real basis for optimism....because with optimism come expectations.....and certainly we Browns fans have no legitimate right to have positive expectations.   There is some hope...which is not the same thing. Nor is there total pessimism....if for no other reason than that things cannot get any worse than they have been.  But, "excitement" and "optimism" do not enter into the equation for me.  Others may feel differently, and good for them.

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just watching the 3rd installment of the "All the way up: Baker Mayfield". They covered the now infamous flag plant after the OSU game. I guess all is forgiven here.😂

There was really nothing to "forgive".   I mean, he beat the Buckeyes because the Buckeyes didn't play well against him.....and because he is good, and  his attempt to plant a flag  out of over enthusiasm in turf, not grass just made him look a bit silly...perhaps even foolish.  

I just hope he figures out what he will be playing on in FIRST energy stadium.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just watching the 3rd installment of the "All the way up: Baker Mayfield". They covered the now infamous flag plant after the OSU game. I guess all is forgiven here.😂

Nah... was still twat move... but now he's our twat...

EDIT: I guess Stan missed one... :)

• 1 month later...

Time to revisit this topic .

I am hopeful for a win.  Kicking game is a factor now .  Gordon gone did not change the team play.  Run game is decent.  Taylor is okay for now.

We are not getting blown away and other teams should be aware of us.

I  am very hopeful they will get WINS!      They really look alot like the Kardiac Kids of old!

The defense looks good! The offense needs to gel and operate without JG! I liked Zane Gonzalez till today. NOT ANYMORE,HE NEEDS TO GO! Turn in your spikes and kicking shoe! No need for anyone to show you out, the doors are right, and left!

GO BROWNS!!! 

I'm still excited. Frustrating start to the season for sure, but we have improved. 

With so many question marks heading into 2018, I'm certain they're heading in the right direction. Can't fix everything at once, but look at the D...sure tackling and an attitude.

Special teams killing us. The offense can surely improve. Young team WILL make strides this year.

Man whatever you say about the browns you can't deny it's exciting stuff, if ultimately disappointing!!

I think I came of age as a browns fan last night....sat watching with my good lady here in birmingham, england, with my browns t shirt on. It was in the final quarter when she said to me...'12-3??...they're going to win, there's only 8 minutes left'. I replied...'there's a long way to go yet....they will "browns it up!"' She gave me a quizzical look.....i said... 'just watch this' 

Then those final 8 minutes happened like it seems to happen in every game I've seen. So near but yet so far, every time.

My good lady's post game analysis.....'that kicker is Sheet!' 😁

9 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Time to revisit this topic .

We are not getting blown away and other teams should be aware of us.

Maybe too early for that.

Last season there were a half dozen or so games the browns didn't get blown away , and the year before that.

I'm sure teams have always been aware of the browns. No one wants to fall victim to being the first to lose to them..

It's like an additional hurdle the browns have to face. Teams play extra hard.

Anybody who has any level of optimism is either an idiot or is living better through chemistry. The only way the Browns will win a game is if everything somehow goes their way, and the opposition completely craps down their leg and gives us the win. It happens, but rarely in the NFL. Take last year for example. The games the other teams tried to give us, we simply didn't want. Hey! Wait a second! That looks a lot like THIS year! 

Before the season started I said special teams terrified me. The Browns brought in a guy who never seemed to coach good special teams. We're getting what we deserve. Just like we do every week. Our philosophy against the Saints was extremely obvious. Take as much time off the clock as possible, limit the Saints' possessions, and keep the score low. We succeeded in doing that. Congratulations! You executed a game plan to perfection! Here's an effing cookie. 

The PROBLEM with a plan like that is the game is almost certainly going to be CLOSE. What do you need in a close game?! Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? 

YOU NEED GOOD SPECIAL TEAMS. Our conservative, stupid, ignorant, 5th grade offensive approach WON'T WORK when the other team is actually good. Why? Because they're going to make the plays when they need them. This is something we know nothing about. And we never will. 

OK, we've established that we don't have good special teams. So what SHOULD we have done? I'M GLAD YOU ASKED!! But first, let me ask you guys a quick question. Besides the miracle 4th and 5 bomb that will never happen again, how many times did the Browns throw the ball into the end zone? Anybody? I could be wrong. I admit it. But I can't think of ONE OTHER TIME we took a shot at the mother effing end zone. Not one. Can't do it. Can't think of another shot we took. I can think of other drives we had. I can't think of drives that resulted in FG attempts. I can recall the uber safe offensive calls that had next to NO CHANCE at getting first downs, let alone TOUCHDOWNS. 

Hey, there have been many teams that win with the conservative approach. But I can't think of ONE team that won this way, and had the worst special teams in the universe. None. We had 12 points with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. That's not enough. Conveniently, this is also when Tyrod decided to throw a telegraphed pass into double coverage, which got picked off and essentially lost us the game. We were up 12-10 with 5 minutes to go, WITH THE BALL, and we had absolutely NO CHANCE to win. None. After the game, everyone in the stands asked how I knew. I simply stared back at them and asked, "How'd you NOT know?" 

4 hours ago, Dawgs89 said:

An upgrade in special teams and coaching will do wonders for us. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

How so, as far as these special teams are concerned?  Peppers can't get more than 5 yards on a punt return.  And they never run back a kickoff past the 30 yard line.  On the other hand, their kick and punt coverage teams are always giving up big returns.  And, of course, the kicking.  

At least Colquitt seems to be doing his job.  Just not sure what you think will happen to make these STs any better.  By all means, please explain.

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Maybe too early for that.

Last season there were a half dozen or so games the browns didn't get blown away , and the year before that.

I'm sure teams have always been aware of the browns. No one wants to fall victim to being the first to lose to them..

It's like an additional hurdle the browns have to face. Teams play extra hard.

As far as I am concerned the tie vs. Pitt was a victory.   Pitt was like a double digit favorite, so there is that.  The Browns came back from a 21=7 deficit.  So there is that.   I got sick during that game (not from the game) and had to take some pills and a nap.  When I woke up and checked the score, I was very positively surprised that it ended in a tie.   So.....from that perspective, it seemed like a win.

(and I would wager that from your perspective it seemed like a loss....being up 21-7).

The Browns now have the talent to win a number of games.  They just now have to overcome the losing culture.  Once they win one, that will be taken care of I believe.

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Anybody who has any level of optimism is either an idiot or is living better through chemistry. The only way the Browns will win a game is if everything somehow goes their way, and the opposition completely craps down their leg and gives us the win. 

Boo. We are indeed winless, but just played 2 pretty good teams wire to wire. Things are looking up.

The Browns outplayed the Saints. The cowpoop illegal contact call, when they had Brees sacked, was a huge factor in the outcome IMHO. 

Archived