THE BROWNS BOARD

How is your excitement

LBC mike

I am always optimistic every year.  This year feels good.  With the off-season acquisitions and how the players are acting.  I would say I am at a solid level 8 out of then out of ten.  Minus 2 because of Hugh it would of been a 10.

How about you guys?  Just number ratings only!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 for me...... not that I think we're SB bound or anything, but I'm pretty stoked on seeing competitive games and a handful of wins, and after the 1-31 soul sucking shitfest we all suffered through, that has me pegged on the Stoke-O-Meter. 

I look forward to this upcoming season like no other. Instead of believing that they would be in a position to

start playing well, they still had glaring weaknesses that other teams took advantage of, and then laughed about it on the sidelines about how easy it was.

Now, outside of LT, I see a team that is going to shock the bullbleep out of a lot of opponents, especially in our division.

Last year, opening day - they lost to the 3 rivers crud by 3 pts. Well, let them get a load of the changes the Browns have made, and the new strengths at qb, wr, and db.

I'd give it a 9.3, only that low because I don't know how well LT will be. I think it will be fine, because of the strong running game,

wr's...and new oc with new playcalling.

kick....squealer arse.

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

10 for me...... not that I think we're SB bound or anything, but I'm pretty stoked on seeing competitive games and a handful of wins, and after the 1-31 soul sucking shitfest we all suffered through, that has me pegged on the Stoke-O-Meter. 

Right there with you. Ready for an ultra fun season where we get to scare sh.it out of unsuspecting teams that show up for their "walkover" win.

8 hours ago, LBC mike said:

😀 what happened to numbers only rating.

we DID only rate them with numbers.

and added commentary as to why. You didn't demand "don't add commentary to your number".

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Me

Total wins? ;)

Well qood question, my feelings expanded on July 22:

Season expectations 7 - maybe a 9 minus 2 points from the monkey getting burned the last two seasons.

Anticipation of seeing new reworked team 9 - a lot of new moving pieces in place, Mayfield somewhere in the wings.

Chance of Cleveland finishing 2nd or better in the AFCN - 10,  yeah color me stupid excited! 

Realistic expectations of more than six wins 4 - at best.

Playoffs in 2018 - 0.5 GO BROWNS IN 2019.......baby!

My Sideline Huejax Sleep number is set at #4.(snooze to booze alarm is now available) As a Team..#7...maybe the pulse rate may quicken, with some honest reporting from camp..The 5 year preseason media fluff building has seen far to many turns. Just waiting for those egg beaters to be right, before making frosting for that cake..Go Browns!!   

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Total wins? ;)

Well qood question, my feelings expanded on July 22:

Season expectations 7 - maybe a 9 minus 2 points from the monkey getting burned the last two seasons.

Anticipation of seeing new reworked team 9 - a lot of new moving pieces in place, Mayfield somewhere in the wings.

Chance of Cleveland finishing 2nd or better in the AFCN - 10,  yeah color me stupid excited! 

Realistic expectations of more than six wins 4 - at best.

Playoffs in 2018 - 0.5 GO BROWNS IN 2019.......baby!

I can't wait to post this year's Dutch's Browns Questions. I have a feeling the predictions are going to be... interesting. 

I keep it 100. ;) 

Looking forward to the season for sure,but I realize there may be a "learn how to win" curve. Make Cle Stadium a home field advantage, steal a few on the road. 

3  Look for the same pattern

We like the talent this year, it is impressive - We have the staff in place finally - WTF, how can this be as bad as last year? How could Ghoolie know this?

Until the Browns put an authentic, top-shelf QB on the field, all this enthusiasm is misplaced.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't wait to post this year's Dutch's Browns Questions. I have a feeling the predictions are going to be... interesting. 

The entire AFCN might be....interesting. 

BROWNS move past Cincinnati maybe Baltimore?  Pizzburgh finally starts to get near the end of the Big Ben, L. Bell, maybe A Brown era?

I'm mainly excited because for the first time in new Browns history we have a solid starter at the  QB position in his prime years. Seriously, Tyrod on paper IMO is the best QB the Browns will put on the field since 1999. I'd be interested to hear if anyone thinks differently on that, but seriously who would it be instead of Taylor?

We have the assets to win games, which is very encouraging. What tempers my excitement though is that I don't believe in Hue, at all. Fortunately though if this team under preforms there's zero excuse not to cut the rope by week 8 and put in Haley or Williams.

9 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I'm mainly excited because for the first time in new Browns history we have a solid starter at the  QB position in his prime years. Seriously, Tyrod on paper IMO is the best QB the Browns will put on the field since 1999. I'd be interested to hear if anyone thinks differently on that, but seriously who would it be instead of Taylor?

We have the assets to win games, which is very encouraging. What tempers my excitement though is that I don't believe in Hue, at all. Fortunately though if this team under preforms there's zero excuse not to cut the rope by week 8 and put in Haley or Williams.

Tyrod Tayler has already reached his ceiling.. Hes had 7 years exp. so far.. Pipe down.. He's average at best.

13 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

LMAO   LMAO   LMAO.................... Hoo Haaa Heeeee Hoooooo Haaaaaa........... TieRod Taylor................ LMAO.. Oh yeah, he's a good one.

13 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

What the fukck are you talking about "we have the assets to win"? Are you capable of choosing your own vocabulary? Assets. Fukcing average players at best, no discipline, Hue dunk and dink,,,horrible D, no QB, no weapons. Oh yeah,  wear shades man, the future is bright...................For our opponents.

12 hours ago, nickers said:

Tyrod Tayler has already reached his ceiling.. Hes had 7 years exp. so far.. Pipe down.. He's average at best.

In the three years since Tyrod Taylor has been a primary dude, his QBR has been 8th, 9th, and 14th. So using the most advanced metric of ranking QB's, he's statistically been in the top half of the league to include being in the top 10 twice. In those years he beat out QB's like Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, and even Aaron Rodgers for his level of play. 

See, I know you're a total dolt who doesn't understand words well. But I can assure you, that's not what "average" means.

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

What the fukck are you talking about "we have the assets to win"? Are you capable of choosing your own vocabulary? Assets. Fukcing average players at best, no discipline, Hue dunk and dink,,,horrible D, no QB, no weapons. Oh yeah,  wear shades man, the future is bright...................For our opponents.

Damn, three responses to my stuff and no use of racial or homophobic slurs? I almost won the Ghoolie's a worthless sack of crap bingo!

50 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

In the three years since Tyrod Taylor has been a primary dude, his QBR has been 8th, 9th, and 14th. So using the most advanced metric of ranking QB's, he's statistically been in the top half of the league to include being in the top 10 twice. In those years he beat out QB's like Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, and even Aaron Rodgers for his level of play. 

See, I know you're a total dolt who doesn't understand words well. But I can assure you, that's not what "average" means.

Damn, three responses to my stuff and no use of racial or homophobic slurs? I almost won the Ghoolie's a worthless sack of crap bingo!

Yes and he is average..,. Learn what that means before calling people "Dolt".. His deep ball is very suspect.. He is a "bridge" QB get it?.. He's not gonna set the world on fire.. He's reached his ceiling.. deal with it punk...

56 minutes ago, nickers said:

Yes and he is average..,. Learn what that means before calling people "Dolt".. His deep ball is very suspect.. He is a "bridge" QB get it?.. He's not gonna set the world on fire.. He's reached his ceiling.. deal with it punk...

Failure to address my point based on facts and data to provide a subjective analysis. Sounds about right for this board.

Oh, and just cause you said it-An analysis by one of the leading authorities of deep ball accuracy had Tyrod rated 7th in the business: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/deep-ball-project. I'm 100% sure that data will go over your head, but please at least be astute enough to understand you're objectively wrong.

15 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Failure to address my point based on facts and data to provide a subjective analysis. Sounds about right for this board.

Oh, and just cause you said it-An analysis by one of the leading authorities of deep ball accuracy had Tyrod rated 7th in the business: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/deep-ball-project. I'm 100% sure that data will go over your head, but please at least be astute enough to understand you're objectively wrong.

Yeah.. 7th... I want #1.. run along now punk... Apparently you settle for garbage,,, Now go suck Tie rods BBC

Archived