THE BROWNS BOARD

Tampa, Who's Going?

TopDawg31

Well not going to Tampa but I will be visiting Colorado again to see the color change in the aspen trees late Sept. thru early Oct. My nephew has season Broncos tickets and is taking me to Monday Might Football Oct. 1 vs the Chiefs. Look for me on TV. I'll wear a long sleeve Browns T-shirt unless it's colder than Sheet.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well not going to Tampa but I will be visiting Colorado again to see the color change in the aspen trees late Sept. thru early Oct. My nephew has season Broncos tickets and is taking me to Monday Might Football Oct. 1 vs the Chiefs. Look for me on TV. I'll wear a long sleeve Browns T-shirt unless it's colder than Sheet.

You need to go to the Broncos- Browns game in December instead.  :)  

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

You need to go to the Broncos- Browns game in December instead.  :)  

Too f'n cold plus the aspen have blown off by then which is how I conned my wife into going back so soon.😍

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Too f'n cold plus the aspen have blown off by then which is how I conned my wife into going back so soon.😍

Denver weather is weird. 

We've seen early November games where they get hammered with 6'' of snow during a game, but home playoff games in January with temperatures in the mid 50s. 

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Texas wimp.  :D  Yellow aspens? I've skied in Summit County- in January...  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Texas wimp.  :D  Yellow aspens? I've skied in Summit County- in January...  

I bet I'm the only idiot Texan who has cross country skied down a trail from Bear Lake to Sprague Lake in RMNP. Since that time I have used only snowshoes. One trial learning experience.🤢⛷️

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Brandywine or Boston Mills?

U R funnee, U shud B a comedian.  Of course, I've skied both, and now you've got me started on ski stories. I meant Summit County Colorado. A-Basin, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Vail. If you remember the "Race you to the bottom for a Bud Lite" commercial- well, that was filmed at A-Basin.  The last part of that race was on a run called Ramrod- an appropriately named intermediate Blue run that's straight, and doesn't change in pitch. We decided to repeat the challenge. Tuck & dive. Around 1\2 way down the run, I had picked up enough speed that the sensation was similar to being in an airplane taking off. I was losing contact with the snow on little undulations I couldn't even see.  Decided it was time to slow down before I crashed and wound up in a hospital.  

Breckenridge is probably my favorite, and yes, I'm proud to say I side slipped my way down their claim to fame- the appropriately named double black diamond (expert and we mean it) Mach One. You don't even see what you're skiing until you push over the edge. 

Besides being a great ski area, Vail happens to be the place of one of my worst getting trashed stories. There's a an outdoor ski in bar at the end of one of the runs- so after a great day on the slopes, we stopped in to have a few- more than a few. Just about ready to close up for the day and the waitress is walking around asking "anyone order this pitcher of Margaritas"? Bring it on over. Bad move. 

Another Vail story. At the time you could go into the ski shop and rent anything in the store for $40 bucks. I'm a low expert, so give me the Alberto Tomba full bore giant slalom package. I always try new equipment on those green circle runs. Well, pointed the skis down hill, and I happened to take off like a rocket. Blazing through "slow skiing" areas. About a half mile down the hill I finally managed to get under control and stop. Wife catches up 5 minutes later and says "what the hell were you doing?" "Um trying to avoid getting killed." 

Ah, but I digress Gipper. I fondly remember one day at Boston Mills when I finally got good enough to ski Boston Mills run Tiger (short but a legit black diamond) without crashing. Was coming off the run at full speed, made a left turn- and didn't notice there was a tow rope there. Sort of like an F-15 catching the rope landing on an aircraft carrier. Rope burned a perfectly good pair of ski bibs. :)  

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Had to be Brandywine for Larry.🍷😁

Ah yes Bill, Brandywine. Indeed another ski story.  They had night skiing until 4 AM.  You may find it hard to believe, but there was some serious drinking going on the entire time.  Last run guys- they're shutting down the lifts. Another race to the bottom. Larry's in the lead! Except I kept right on going. The next thing I remember, I was in the middle of a creek in a foot of water on my skis, off of a 10' drop off. The other guys thought I had killed myself. Somehow, I wasn't even hurt. No idea how I managed that stunt. :)  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ah yes Bill, Brandywine. Indeed another ski story.  They had night skiing until 4 AM.  You may find it hard to believe, but there was some serious drinking going on the entire time.  Last run guys- they're shutting down the lifts. Another race to the bottom. Larry's in the lead! Except I kept right on going. The next thing I remember, I was in the middle of a creek in a foot of water on my skis, off of a 10' drop off. The other guys thought I had killed myself. Somehow, I wasn't even hurt. No idea how I managed that stunt. :)  

Well it could have been a Sonny Bono crash just as easily.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

U R funnee, U shud B a comedian.  Of course, I've skied both, and now you've got me started on ski stories. I meant Summit County Colorado. A-Basin, Keystone, Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Vail. If you remember the "Race you to the bottom for a Bud Lite" commercial- well, that was filmed at A-Basin.  The last part of that race was on a run called Ramrod- an appropriately named intermediate Blue run that's straight, and doesn't change in pitch. We decided to repeat the challenge. Tuck & dive. Around 1\2 way down the run, I had picked up enough speed that the sensation was similar to being in an airplane taking off. I was losing contact with the snow on little undulations I couldn't even see.  Decided it was time to slow down before I crashed and wound up in a hospital.  

Breckenridge is probably my favorite, and yes, I'm proud to say I side slipped my way down their claim to fame- the appropriately named double black diamond (expert and we mean it) Mach One. You don't even see what you're skiing until you push over the edge. 

Besides being a great ski area, Vail happens to be the place of one of my worst getting trashed stories. There's a an outdoor ski in bar at the end of one of the runs- so after a great day on the slopes, we stopped in to have a few- more than a few. Just about ready to close up for the day and the waitress is walking around asking "anyone order this pitcher of Margaritas"? Bring it on over. Bad move. 

Another Vail story. At the time you could go into the ski shop and rent anything in the store for $40 bucks. I'm a low expert, so give me the Alberto Tomba full bore giant slalom package. I always try new equipment on those green circle runs. Well, pointed the skis down hill, and I happened to take off like a rocket. Blazing through "slow skiing" areas. About a half mile down the hill I finally managed to get under control and stop. Wife catches up 5 minutes later and says "what the hell were you doing?" "Um trying to avoid getting killed." 

Ah, but I digress Gipper. I fondly remember one day at Boston Mills when I finally got good enough to ski Boston Mills run Tiger (short but a legit black diamond) without crashing. Was coming off the run at full speed, made a left turn- and didn't notice there was a tow rope there. Sort of like an F-15 catching the rope landing on an aircraft carrier. Rope burned a perfectly good pair of ski bibs. :)  

F15s are Air Force and don't land on Aircraft Carriers.  F-14's have been out of action along time.  MAGA.

s

57 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

F15s are Air Force and don't land on Aircraft Carriers.  F-14's have been out of action along time.  MAGA.

s

Hey, I'm not into Navy versions.  :)   

Just FYI For Tex  summit county is also here in Ohio. Akron is located in Summit County as is pretty much all of the Cuyahoga Valley national park where in there are two ski resorts there. The a for mentioned Brandywine and Boston Mills ski resorts

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well it could have been a Sonny Bono crash just as easily.

Funny thing is- I stuck the landing in the creek somehow...  Now- if someone had a cellphone, it would have made a million looks on YouTube.  :)  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Funny thing is- I stuck the landing in the creek somehow...  Now- if someone had a cellphone, it would have made a million looks on YouTube.  :)  

Not near as good as my sister who landed a car upside down in a 6 ft. deep creek in the middle of the night and had to orient by feel of the water rising "down" to the floor before kicking out the broken windshield to escape alive. Now that there was real luck and thinking under extreme stress.

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not near as good as my sister who landed a car upside down in a 6 ft. deep creek in the middle of the night and had to orient by feel of the water rising "down" to the floor before kicking out the broken windshield to escape alive. Now that there was real luck and thinking under extreme stress.

Did you call her "Ted Kennedy" from then on? 🤣

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nope, lucky Mary Jo!😂

You're just a bunch of sick fuucks. Really now.

• 1 month later...

Originally I was going, but then decided to attend New Orleans game instead (*grumble*). I live in Florida but can't swing it. Bought a house in September and I don't think I'll ever have money again. Lmao. 

• 4 weeks later...

Naples Browns Backers will be tailgaiting in Lot 14.

I'll be there. Larry (Hoorta), Mike (Atlanta Mike) and hopefully Flugels and Russ (Balpeen).

Hoping to get there around 10am, lots open 930 am.

If anyone wants more info, PM me I can send you my phone to text me on Sunday.

Zombo

On 7/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, hoorta said:

I'll be there. Pretty sure Flugels already has tickets.

Great. You guys can talk about me all day. Carry on!

On 9/23/2018 at 2:02 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Originally I was going, but then decided to attend New Orleans game instead (*grumble*). I live in Florida but can't swing it. Bought a house in September and I don't think I'll ever have money again. Lmao. 

Debt shortens our lives by 20 years and sucks the fun out of life. And for what? A place to park our cars, take a schidt, watch TV and eat. Cathy and i have 5 bedrooms, 4 crappers, three attics. We own the place, but it is still a pain in the assz. It is said that a house is the best investment a man will ever make. I say, bullschidt, The best thing to spend money on are things that make us happy and allow us to have fun. Otherwise, what the hell is the point to life (Save the spiritual things)

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

tampa is a shithole of a town

And this has what to do with the football game? Tampa is not the shithole Memphis is, but I agree, it is a shithole.

14 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Check this out shithole shithole shithole   oooooh, bad words.

damn bro were cussing woo hoo bf4l is gonna be pissed,never been to memphis but ill take your word for it

Archived