THE BROWNS BOARD

What week does TieRod get injured/Mayfield Start

Ghoolie

Groundhog day.

Hue Jackson has now delivered the same scenario three years in a row. 

1) Run First QB

2) Inexperienced back up.

The Steelers may take the guy out in game one, but sooner rather than later, with no offensive weapons and a dink and dump Hue Jackson offense, TieRod will do 10 times more running than ever in his run-filled career. I say he is in a cast by week 5. Here we go...............again.

It depends on the team's record of course, but I think Tyrod stands a good shot to play the entire year. I don't think it will be an injury that puts the kid under center, but rather a very bad record..... but the good news is if that happens Baby Huey will be long gone and Haley will be the HC. 

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Groundhog day.

1) Run First QB

The Steelers may take the guy out in game one, but sooner rather than later, with no offensive weapons and a dink and dump Hue Jackson offense, TieRod will do 10 times more running than ever in his run-filled career. I say he is in a cast by week 5. Here we go...............again.

Bad karma my friend.

Trod will stay in the pocket and pass in Haleys offense.  The weapons are Gordon, Landry, Duke right off the bat. Njoku should make the jump in year 2. Devalve is serviceable. You dont need pro bowlers to win and beat Pittsburgh.

There will be roster cut downs too and Dorsey could land more talent.

5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Groundhog day.

1) Run First QB

I believe you are forgetting Drew Stanton. He is here for that very reason along with helping to groom Baker. The exception would be if the staff really though Baker was ready to take the ball. 

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Bad karma my friend.

Trod will stay in the pocket and pass in Haleys offense.  The weapons are Gordon, Landry, Duke right off the bat. Njoku should make the jump in year 2. Devalve is serviceable. You dont need pro bowlers to win and beat Pittsburgh.

There will be roster cut downs too and Dorsey could land more talent.

No such thing as Karma.

38 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I believe you are forgetting Drew Stanton. He is here for that very reason along with helping to groom Baker. The exception would be if the staff really though Baker was ready to take the ball. 

Here is where I differ from most on this board. Many of you are very intelligent, and impressive to me on your understanding of X's and o's, and the details of trades and talent resumes. I don't mean to be insulting in this, but like many fans, a lot of what you guys think and believe is a result of what is being fed to you in the media.I don't think many here are in tune to their own senses when it comes to football.

For years, while I have predicted horrible performance, the majority here has blasted me on the grounds that I don't realize how much the new OC or DC will improve the team. But let me ask you, if the OC is the Czar of the Offense, and the DC is the Czar of the Defense.............can you describe to me then the duties, or even the need for a HC?

Do you imagine that Bill Belichik places his fortunes in the hands of an OC? Do you imagine Bill lets the OC and Brady figure things our, and then just goes along for the ride?

Co-cordinator.............Coordinator. Let's take a look at the definition of coordinator

noun
a person whose job is to organize events or activities and to negotiate with others in order to ensure they work together effectively.

You see? Nowhere does this word imply autonomy, creativity OR AUTHORITY..............The word coordinator was chosen for this job for a reason........in Ghoolie's terms....Coordinator = Coffee Fetcher.
That is how business works. That is how the NFL works. That is how life works. You guys have a really weird fetish for "Coordinators".. it is almost like you want to perform fellatio on these men.

Remember, I was THE FIRST ONE HERE to call for Hue's head..........(QTR1 of his first preseason game to call for Hue's head, and guarantee that he would never have a winner). HOWEVER....unlike you guys, who live in a fukctard fantasy world, I understand how corporations work.

The coordinators serve at the pleasure of the Head Coach. No Head Coach is going to let an OC come in and just CREATE.............. Why? It's simple.....................A HC reports to the owner. THe owner signs the HC's paycheck. NO HC is going to let it be known that he is sitting on his balls and leaving the offense and defense up to.............COFFEE FETCHERS................

Case in point, Flugel still have dried sperm on his chin from blowing Greg WIlliams. ON AND ON AND ON he went about how (his words) " Williams will have this defense whipped into a frenzy". I on the other hand told you the truth.......... Williams D would be no better than Hortons, and at 0 - 16, his record is worse. 

So, let me tell you how this works............ The Coffee Fetchers meet with Hue. Hue gives them input.........his philosophy, his plan,,,,his blueprint............ and he tells the coordinators to go paint the picture that he just described. The Coffee Fetchers are instructed how much risk they are allowed to take, what type of plays for different situations the HC wants, and which play groups will be called in which situations.

THAT is how it works, and how it must work. NO CEO is going to let his inferiors create the corporate business plan. It just doesn't work that way. Every year, for 29 years how, the new season has consisted over and over and over of you guys telling me how THIS YEAR................ THIS YEAR.................. we finally have the right team in place............ how we finally have the right offensive and defensive coordinators. 

Many of you here have active posts about how the new DC and HC are going to call all the shots, and step over Hue, make him look stupid......win in spite of him. You guys honestly believe that Dorsey and the OC and DC are going to run the team......... and what.......... Hue is just going to play with his nuts and sit on the sideline like Zomblow on one of his weekly drunk stupors?

I enjoy you guys immensely, but honestly, take a deep breath and slap yourselves back into reality. LOOK AT THE FACTS............... NOT THE KOOL AID 

For the third time, we have Black Tarkenton starting. Coincidence? You think Dorsey made this so?
Haslam announced EMPHATICALLY that Hue Jackson does not report to Dorsey
Haslam will not fire a black HC because of appearances
Haslam is NOT going to let 2 coffee fetchers walk all over his HC. He will ABSOLUTELY NOT allow that to happen, and would NEVER suffer it getting into the media. No, No, No, I promise you, in 2018, you are going to witness Haslam standing by Hue, kssing his backside more than ever.

The coordinators are here to protect Hue. They are coffee fetchers, fall guys. Beards.

This is Hue's team, adn it will contiue in 2018. The Browns this year will look much like the 2017 and 2018 squads because a leopard cannot change his spots.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

No such thing as Karma.

Here is where I differ from most on this board. Many of you are very intelligent, and impressive to me on your understanding of X's and o's, and the details of trades and talent resumes. I don't mean to be insulting in this, but like many fans, a lot of what you guys think and believe is a result of what is being fed to you in the media.I don't think many here are in tune to their own senses when it comes to football.

For years, while I have predicted horrible performance, the majority here has blasted me on the grounds that I don't realize how much the new OC or DC will improve the team. But let me ask you, if the OC is the Czar of the Offense, and the DC is the Czar of the Defense.............can you describe to me then the duties, or even the need for a HC?

Do you imagine that Bill Belichik places his fortunes in the hands of an OC? Do you imagine Bill lets the OC and Brady figure things our, and then just goes along for the ride?

Co-cordinator.............Coordinator. Let's take a look at the definition of coordinator

noun
a person whose job is to organize events or activities and to negotiate with others in order to ensure they work together effectively.

You see? Nowhere does this word imply autonomy, creativity OR AUTHORITY..............The word coordinator was chosen for this job for a reason........in Ghoolie's terms....Coordinator = Coffee Fetcher.
That is how business works. That is how the NFL works. That is how life works. You guys have a really weird fetish for "Coordinators".. it is almost like you want to perform fellatio on these men.

Remember, I was THE FIRST ONE HERE to call for Hue's head..........(QTR1 of his first preseason game to call for Hue's head, and guarantee that he would never have a winner). HOWEVER....unlike you guys, who live in a fukctard fantasy world, I understand how corporations work.

The coordinators serve at the pleasure of the Head Coach. No Head Coach is going to let an OC come in and just CREATE.............. Why? It's simple.....................A HC reports to the owner. THe owner signs the HC's paycheck. NO HC is going to let it be known that he is sitting on his balls and leaving the offense and defense up to.............COFFEE FETCHERS................

Case in point, Flugel still have dried sperm on his chin from blowing Greg WIlliams. ON AND ON AND ON he went about how (his words) " Williams will have this defense whipped into a frenzy". I on the other hand told you the truth.......... Williams D would be no better than Hortons, and at 0 - 16, his record is worse. 

So, let me tell you how this works............ The Coffee Fetchers meet with Hue. Hue gives them input.........his philosophy, his plan,,,,his blueprint............ and he tells the coordinators to go paint the picture that he just described. The Coffee Fetchers are instructed how much risk they are allowed to take, what type of plays for different situations the HC wants, and which play groups will be called in which situations.

THAT is how it works, and how it must work. NO CEO is going to let his inferiors create the corporate business plan. It just doesn't work that way. Every year, for 29 years how, the new season has consisted over and over and over of you guys telling me how THIS YEAR................ THIS YEAR.................. we finally have the right team in place............ how we finally have the right offensive and defensive coordinators. 

Many of you here have active posts about how the new DC and HC are going to call all the shots, and step over Hue, make him look stupid......win in spite of him. You guys honestly believe that Dorsey and the OC and DC are going to run the team......... and what.......... Hue is just going to play with his nuts and sit on the sideline like Zomblow on one of his weekly drunk stupors?

I enjoy you guys immensely, but honestly, take a deep breath and slap yourselves back into reality. LOOK AT THE FACTS............... NOT THE KOOL AID 

For the third time, we have Black Tarkenton starting. Coincidence? You think Dorsey made this so?
Haslam announced EMPHATICALLY that Hue Jackson does not report to Dorsey
Haslam will not fire a black HC because of appearances
Haslam is NOT going to let 2 coffee fetchers walk all over his HC. He will ABSOLUTELY NOT allow that to happen, and would NEVER suffer it getting into the media. No, No, No, I promise you, in 2018, you are going to witness Haslam standing by Hue, kssing his backside more than ever.

The coordinators are here to protect Hue. They are coffee fetchers, fall guys. Beards.

This is Hue's team, adn it will contiue in 2018. The Browns this year will look much like the 2017 and 2018 squads because a leopard cannot change his spots.

Did anyone read this horseshit? Hahaha

1 hour ago, Mike H said:

Did anyone read this horseshit? Hahaha

Coordinators do in fact have autonomy. They devise game plans for Sunday and coach the players up during the week. The effective Head Coach delegates responsibility and oversees the whole operation. He has the final say, but trusts his people to do their job. Some of the staff have coached their entire lives. People dont want to work for a Head Coach that lords over you when you have 30 years of experience.

If Coordinators dont matter. then why was the Browns defense better with Williams in 2017 than Farmer in 2016? Hue was the Head Coach both years. Williams runs a 4 - 3 and Farmer a 3 - 4. Thats why Shelton was traded because his skill set is at 3 - 4 NT and does not apply to a 4 - 3. When you hire a coordinator off another team to be your Head Coach, youre hiring a guy who thinks for himself.

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

noun

😄 I'll make sure I keep realistic expectations while I reply to the same guy that once told me this franchise was named after a 10 year old youth football player named Jim Brown tearing up the gridirons all over Long Island (NY).  I'm guessing this was before you joined the Klan. 

So let me get this straight because, philosophically speaking, it sounds outrageous.  You're saying a Bill Belichick hires a Nick Saban for the responsibility and salary of a Defensive Coordinator Position just so he could fetch coffee and take care of the broom closet all season.  Meanwhile all the entry level guys on a intern salary like Pioli, Dimitroff, Savage, Mangini, Schwartz and others were responsible for keeping Saban out of the film room and out of Belichick's way all season. Why do I get the feeling your shrink spends most of the week belly up on another shrink's couch?  You poor bastard...

Gregg Williams' resume speaks for itself.  Most people that put the 2 minutes of research on him understand what you remain incapable of.  He was the DC of the ONLY Superbowl Championship Drew Brees has been able to celebrate.  It's easy to see why the former Parcels' Assistant (Payton) knew what the X-factor was.  Back then, Brees and Payton could beat Peyton Manning instead of lose to a Case Keenum in the post season.  Williams was the DC for the Titans team that made it to the Superbowl in 99.  Several of his defenses ranked in the top 5 and top 10 overall throughout his tenure.

Long after being promoted to DC, Belichick was once quoted as saying he wrote the entire game plan for Giants' SB Victory over the seemingly unstoppable Buffalo Bills Offense within the 1st 2 days days of a 2 week preparation period.  That type of total empowerment and autonomy wasn't just handed to him right away.  It took extensive experience and a proven track record for a guy like Parcels to trust it to that extent.  Another guy from the same system (Tom Coughlin) has been very successful as well (as his 2-0 in SBs vrs NE depicts). Payton also worked as an OC for Parcels in Dallas. In this era, Coordinators with extensive experience are invaluable to a HC.  Look no further than the impact of Wade Phillips on his last 2 teams in particular.  In fact, we're looking to an entirely different offense run by an entirely different Coach after starting 1-31 with a HC that refused to hire an OC.  That not only puts your argument up in flames; but it has me toasting marshmallows on it...

17 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Groundhog day.

1) Run First QB

There's some truth to your words, Ghoolie, but ultimately I believe you'll be one of ones singing a different tune come October. See, Hue Jackson and Dorsey HAVEN'T delivered the same formula entirely, and the single biggest difference is getting a quality QB in his prime to lead our somehow stocked arsenal. I say "somehow" because when you look at the garbage we had at skill positions LAST year, it almost doesn't make sense when compared to this year. 

It's like I said in a similar post, in that having Tyrod boosts our win total by 4 games alone. Just by not turning it over in the red zone (and other places), our team will be "in" so many more games. Let's just pretend that Tyrod has the same basic statistical year that he's had for the last 3 as a starter. He throws for 2800 yards, 15 TDs, 6 picks, and runs for another 450 yards and 5 more scores. Even with those relatively pedestrian numbers, I say that's enough for a minimum of 4 wins alone. Could I be full of crap? Of course, nobody knows the future, but I could also make the argument that Tyrod could be in store for his best statistical year yet, as he will undoubtedly have the best supporting cast of his career, AND an established offensive coordinator with something to prove. 

Even if our offense is simply mediocre, and we don't hit on every cylinder, I still think we move the ball and score enough points to be more than competitive. You're going to laugh, but the insane key to our passing game is Corey Coleman. If he can somehow remain healthy and live up to his massive potential, we are going to be an absolute nightmare for defenses. Most teams don't have three quality corners (or two, really), and Corey struggled against the team's top CB, but with Josh and Jarvis on the field, he will literally never see those guys again. If there was ever going to be a time for Corey to prove the doubters wrong, it'd be NOW. 

Our defense will be better (I still don't think GOOD yet) and we actually have a little bit of depth. Much of our defense will depend on the abilities of Garrett and Ogbah (and their health), and of we can get to the QB, it's going to be a different season. Training camp begins next week, and I expect us to start out rough like most teams. It will take us a while to get familiar with Haley's style, but when we do, we're going to have a real team. Finally. We absolutely MUST come out of camp unscathed by massive injuries, and our big names can't sustain lingering soft tissue problems. We have a chance to make massive strides this year, and I can't wait to be right. 

Now, as far as how long Tyrod stays healthy, who knows? He's proven durable as a starter, but I don't think he's actually ever played all 16. I could be wrong, but I think he generally plays like 14 out of 16 or something. I'll TAKE it. The real question is, who will be second string? I realize the press reported that Baker was taking 2nd string reps at OTA's, but that doesn't mean squat. I have a feeling that Drew Stanton will be the guy getting the nod should Tyrod go down early in the year. If it's later in the year, we might see Baker. I do know we REALLY don't want to rush our prized QB into action, so should the unthinkable happen and Tyrod get hurt, don't be surprised if Stanton is the one jogging onto the field. 

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

😄 I'll make sure I keep realistic expectations while I reply to the same guy that once told me this franchise was named after a 10 year old youth football player named Jim Brown tearing up the gridirons all over Long Island (NY).  I'm guessing this was before you joined the Klan. 

So let me get this straight because, philosophically speaking, it sounds outrageous.  You're saying a Bill Belichick hires a Nick Saban for the responsibility and salary of a Defensive Coordinator Position just so he could fetch coffee and take care of the broom closet all season.  Meanwhile all the entry level guys on a intern salary like Pioli, Dimitroff, Savage, Mangini, Schwartz and others were responsible for keeping Saban out of the film room and out of Belichick's way all season. Why do I get the feeling your shrink spends most of the week belly up on another shrink's couch?  You poor bastard...

Gregg Williams' resume speaks for itself.  Most people that put the 2 minutes of research on him understand what you remain incapable of.  He was the DC of the ONLY Superbowl Championship Drew Brees has been able to celebrate.  It's easy to see why the former Parcels' Assistant (Payton) knew what the X-factor was.  Back then, Brees and Payton could beat Peyton Manning instead of lose to a Case Keenum in the post season.  Williams was the DC for the Titans team that made it to the Superbowl in 99.  Several of his defenses ranked in the top 5 and top 10 overall throughout his tenure.

Long after being promoted to DC, Belichick was once quoted as saying he wrote the entire game plan for Giants' SB Victory over the seemingly unstoppable Buffalo Bills Offense within the 1st 2 days days of a 2 week preparation period.  That type of total empowerment and autonomy wasn't just handed to him right away.  It took extensive experience and a proven track record for a guy like Parcels to trust it to that extent.  Another guy from the same system (Tom Coughlin) has been very successful as well (as his 2-0 in SBs vrs NE depicts). Payton also worked as an OC for Parcels in Dallas. In this era, Coordinators with extensive experience are invaluable to a HC.  Look no further than the impact of Wade Phillips on his last 2 teams in particular.  In fact, we're looking to an entirely different offense run by an entirely different Coach after starting 1-31 with a HC that refused to hire an OC.  That not only puts your argument up in flames; but it has me toasting marshmallows on it...

Other teams GMs and owners want to hire the Coordinators from the team that won the Super Bowl because the front offices know that those guys bring a winning scheme and methods to teach it.

Now, those Coordinators might coach a system that their Head Coach wants, but the Coordinators do the heavy lifting. IE: the Bill Walsh West coast offense coaching tree -  791px-Bill_Walsh_Coaching_Tree.svg.png

Where are the coffee fetchers that Ghoolie is talking about? 

19 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Groundhog day.

1) Run First QB

Wait. Did you seriously say we have no offensive weapons? Seriously?

78862331-D71A-4BB4-B488-B9E710C89DB7.gif

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Other teams GMs and owners want to hire the Coordinators from the team that won the Super Bowl because the front offices know that those guys bring a winning scheme and methods to teach it.

Now, those Coordinators might coach a system that their Head Coach wants, but the Coordinators do the heavy lifting. IE: the Bill Walsh West coast offense coaching tree -  791px-Bill_Walsh_Coaching_Tree.svg.png

Well...besides Walsh you have the following:  Holmgren, Seifert, John Harbaugh, McCarthy, Gruden, Shanahan, Kubiak, Billick, Dungy...and Tomlin....All Super Bowl winning HCs.

Beyond that, I believer Reid, Fassel, Fox, Jim Harbaugh, Wyche, Lovie Smith.....all coached but lost Super Bowls. 

Did I miss anyone?

(Was Dennis Green the HC of the Cardinals the year they lost to the Steelers?)

7 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Exactly- you don't just go from an assistant quality control coach up to head coach- you work your way up. OC or DC is the stepping stone to HC, and that's a mighty impressive list of "coffee fetchers".   Plus not all coordinators pan out as HC's. D-ick LeBeau, Romeo Crennell, and Wade Phillips are the best in the biz as coordinators, but flopped in head coaching roles....   

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Exactly- you don't just go from an assistant quality control coach up to head coach- you work you way up. OC or DC is the stepping stone to HC, and that's a mighty impressive list of "coffee fetchers".   Plus not all coordinators pan out as HC's. D-ick LeBeau, Romeo Crennell, and Wade Phillips are the best in the biz as coordinators, but flopped in head coaching roles....   

11 of those Head Coaches have won Lombardis.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...besides Walsh you have the following:  Holmgren, Seifert, John Harbaugh, McCarthy, Gruden, Shanahan, Kubiak, Billick, Dungy...and Tomlin....All Super Bowl winning HCs.

Beyond that, I believer Reid, Fassel, Fox, Jim Harbaugh, Wyche, Lovie Smith.....all coached but lost Super Bowls. 

Did I miss anyone?

(Was Dennis Green the HC of the Cardinals the year they lost to the Steelers?)

Is this a question?

Let me ask the antiques roadshow man.

I'll say week 4... Just call it a vibe... I'm not privy to anything.. Just a shot in the dark kind of thing.. I hope these kids do well.. I'm getting tired of the buffoonery..  On all fronts... Let's hope we can enjoy a fine season for once.. And put all the drudgery , behind us...

On 7/20/2018 at 3:37 PM, Ghoolie said:

Groundhog day.

1) Run First QB

Hue hasn't delivered anything other than 1 blocked kick win in 2 years.   Don't give him that much credit.

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Exactly- you don't just go from an assistant quality control coach up to head coach- you work your way up. OC or DC is the stepping stone to HC, and that's a mighty impressive list of "coffee fetchers".   Plus not all coordinators pan out as HC's. D-ick LeBeau, Romeo Crennell, and Wade Phillips are the best in the biz as coordinators, but flopped in head coaching roles....   

Great points Larry! 

Norv Turner is another guy that experienced success as a Coordinator while failing as a HC.  And my favorite (Lindy Infante) was the OC of our teams that reached the AFC Championship in 86 and 87 prior to failing as a HC in GB.  In 1995 he would be the OC of the Indy Colts that lost in the AFC Championship to Pittsburgh before failing as a HC in Indy in 96 and 97. I never remembered Jim Harbaugh even looking/playing like a first round QB until he played for Infante. Bud Carson and Buddy Ryan were also better Coordinators than HCs. 

Any football player should hate playing in Oakland Coliseum. The field has multi use for concerts and Oakland A's baseball.Than on dirt bike & monster truck night the whole field pit is covered with sandy dirt wall to wall. We play in Oakland week 5, 9-30-18..The Oakland A's final home game is a week before on 9-23-18. Hope the infield & warning tracks by than have been re-turfed? Either way the field footing sucks to play football on.They don't call it the black 'hole' for nothing..Tyrod smoked Oakland last season 34-14..  

37 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Any football player should hate playing in Oakland Coliseum. The field has multi use for concerts and Oakland A's baseball.Than on dirt bike & monster truck night the whole field pit is covered with sandy dirt wall to wall. We play in Oakland week 5, 9-30-18..The Oakland A's final home game is a week before on 9-23-18. Hope the infield & warning tracks by than have been re-turfed? Either way the field footing sucks to play football on.They don't call it the black 'hole' for nothing..Tyrod smoked Oakland last season 34-14..  

Do you not remember the "muddy games" at old Municipal Stadium? I certainly do!!   Image result for browns playing in the old stadium-mud

Mike

Drunk port call post. We have some damn good weapons on offense. Tyrod hasn't had this talent to throw to in his life. Not to mention the bell cows we have carrying the rock. I usually love Ghollie posts, but it it has this one. I dont see anyone scaring Tyrod. He has been smart and he has been accurate. Like everything else Cleveland though, who knows, acls are like flarp anymore. I will say this. When my boat pulls into port on the weekend of Sep 9th, I will be rocking the Sheet out of my 95 salute to troops jersey and I will be finding a bar and not giving a fly kcuf about who is talking Sheet or who our qb will be. I will just be happy to watch our team whoop some butt. Ghoolie love ya, gip love the weekly trivia, which I show my shipmates who are also fans. Just enjoy the suck and let's watch some football. 

6 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Is this a question?

Let me ask the antiques roadshow man.

Why do you continually act stupid. Yes it's a question do you not see the question mark . Who was the coach of the Cardinals when they went to the Super Bowl. Simple question I know I can look it up but I just thought I would ask. jerking crocus

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why do you continually act stupid. Yes it's a question do you not see the question mark . Who was the coach of the Cardinals when they went to the Super Bowl. Simple question I know I can look it up but I just thought I would ask. jerking crocus

The antiques Mark Walberg says that he does not know,.

He was busy that Sunday looking for old furniture.

On 7/20/2018 at 3:37 PM, Ghoolie said:

Groundhog day.

1) Run First QB

Not Groundhog day - just another episode of the 63 year old boy who cried wolf...  When you predicted Joe Thomas would be the worst pick in franchise history to the extent we'd be 0-16 in 2007 - we went 10-6 with our Rookie LT about to make 10 consecutive Pro Bowls that will park him in Canton.  

But guess what happened the first time Joe Thomas went on IR?   The boy who cried wolf finally saw his first wolf in 11 consecutive attempts as the Browns finally lost all 16 games after the 2016 tease. That could have been quite the proudest moment celebration if all your promises that Paxton Lynch was a football messiah didn't cut it short.   That, plus you went on record telling us we'd win more games without Joe Thomas after he got injured.  The good news is you almost got that 1st trophy in the case.  One of these days you're gonna knock the echo right outta that sucker...

On 7/21/2018 at 9:24 AM, jiggins7919 said:

Now, as far as how long Tyrod stays healthy, who knows? He's proven durable as a starter, but I don't think he's actually ever played all 16. I could be wrong, but I think he generally plays like 14 out of 16 or something. I'll TAKE it.

Last year, the only misses came when he got benched in the hope the alternative would provide a spark.  Unfortunately the spark they got was a lot like the one my dad's dumb dog got when it lifted its leg on an electrical socket and that ain't good.  Ghoolie must have potty trained that litter.

Anyway, here's what Taylor has done for a team that had a playoff drought that began in 2000 and ended in 2017 with him at QB. If my math is right, he's sported 22-20 record as the #1 QB on the depth chart while he reached the Pro Bowl in his first year in that capacity. 

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2011 22 BAL   2 3 0   1 1 100.0 18 0 0.0 0 0.0 18 18.0 18.0 18.0 6.0 118.7 13.9 2 3 5.00 5.00 66.7     0
2012 23 BAL   2 7 0   17 29 58.6 179 0 0.0 1 3.4 25 6.2 4.6 10.5 25.6 62.3 52.3 3 30 4.66 3.25 9.4     1
2013 24 BAL   2 3 0   1 5 20.0 2 0 0.0 1 20.0 2 0.4 -8.6 2.0 0.7 0.0 74.8 0 0 0.40 -8.60 0.0     0
2014 25 BAL   2 1 0   0 0   0 0   0   0       0.0   1.7 0 0           0
2015* 26 BUF QB/wr 5 14 14 7-6-0 242 380 63.7 3035 20 5.3 6 1.6 63 8.0 8.3 12.5 216.8 99.4 65.3 36 212 6.79 7.10 8.7 1 2 13
2016 27 BUF QB 5 15 15 7-8-0 269 436 61.7 3023 17 3.9 6 1.4 84 6.9 7.1 11.2 201.5 89.7 61.4 42 192 5.92 6.07 8.8 1 1 15
2017 28 BUF QB 5 15 14 8-6-0 263 420 62.6 2799 14 3.3 4 1.0 47 6.7 6.9 10.6 186.6 89.2 56.4 46 256 5.46 5.67 9.9 1  

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The antiques Mark Walberg says that he does not know,.

He was busy that Sunday looking for old furniture.

My only conclusion is that you were always drunk when you post on hereMy only conclusion is that you were always drunk when you post on here

On 7/21/2018 at 12:35 PM, hoorta said:

CROCK OF SCHIDT

CROCK OF SCHIDT

WE HAVE COFFEE FETCHERS

I looked like hell but I can't see Hue Jackson on that chart..........can you? Walsh sent off plenty of schidt as well. Meaningless chart. DO the same chart for the other 31 coaches in Walsh's era and tell me what you get. SCHIDT.

The HC is the CEO of the team. YOu wanted Horton gone? THe defense was WORSE under Williams. NICE coffee fetching, eh? 0 - 16 with the NEW wunderkind.

Hue Jackson is the HC, his coffee fetchers will do what they are told. HUE is NOT Bill Walsh.

Archived