THE BROWNS BOARD

I'd take 5-11 this year..

domcucch1994

49 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Be back to our mediocre selves would be an improvement fellow brownhogz..

Well, they have to start somewhere. 5-11 would probably save Hue's Job. But let me ask you, are you excited about the season? I am not, in general, I think I am closer to dying than I am to seeing a Browns Superbowl. Honestly. You get to a point, and the emotionality of fanship evaporates. I have curiosity, I have buddies here, I like the banter and fistfights, but I'm just not looking forward to the season to any big degree.

Time is dwindling in the off season. But we still have time to put the Browns in the Super Bowl..11-5 puts us just south of me to Atlanta,Ga in the SB. With 5 dollar beers & 2 dollar hot dawgs. It's a match made in football heaven, that diehard browns fans have long deserved..don't miss it..The road to Atlanta starts in September.See ya in the house that Art did not build.. W👀F! 

9 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Be back to our mediocre selves would be an improvement fellow brownhogz..

Mediocre would be 8-8.   I guess, compared to the last 2 years, mediocre at 8-8 would be huge.  And of course what such a record would augur for the future would be the key part of being "mediocre"

The fixing of the Browns weaknesses in FA and the draft was just genius.

They will make believers of a lot of people who don't give them a chance of having a winning season

based on the last two years.

Big mistake.

If Coleman can lock in at LT (he's apparently got the lead), and do great, watch out NFL.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/shon-coleman-leading-the-charge-at-browns-lt-competition-20733849

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Time is dwindling in the off season. But we still have time to put the Browns in the Super Bowl..11-5 puts us just south of me to Atlanta,Ga in the SB. With 5 dollar beers & 2 dollar hot dawgs. It's a match made in football heaven, that diehard browns fans have long deserved..don't miss it..The road to Atlanta starts in September.See ya in the house that Art did not build.. W👀F! 

You're only going to get $5 beers at bars outside the stadium. Beers were $10 last year at First Energy. I heard Jerrah was charging $100 for parking when the SB was in Dallas.

11 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The fixing of the Browns weaknesses in FA and the draft was just genius.

They will make believers of a lot of people who don't give them a chance of having a winning season

based on the last two years.

Big mistake.

If Coleman can lock in at LT (he's apparently got the lead), and do great, watch out NFL.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/shon-coleman-leading-the-charge-at-browns-lt-competition-20733849

Tyrod is better than a lot of folks give him credit for.

Mayfiled was voted best college athlete last season.

Just now, hoorta said:

You're only going to get $5 beers at bars outside the stadium. Beers were $10 last year at First Energy. I heard Jerrah was charging $100 for parking when the SB was in Dallas.

Beers were $20 each at the SB in Phoenix. A primo parking spot at the Indy SB was $600. I parked a mile or so away for free and walked. If you want to tailgate, parking in Dallas for regular season game is outrageous and at least $100. Parking at Arrowhead is $60. We parked at Heinz last year for $20 in the gold lot and could throw an empty beer can and hit the stadium.

When the Browns make it to the SB, bring plenty of money and Vaseline.

46 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

5 - 11 gets Hue fired.

For the record, Mark Walberg bet the Browns at 6 wins which I believe is a very safe bet.https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/mark-wahlberg-bets-on-cleveland-browns-to-win-at-least-6-games-in-2018/95-574746662

I know of 2 Mark Wahlberg's.....the actor fka Marky Mark.....and the guy from Antiques Road Show.    Is this one of them....or is there a third Mark Wahlberg?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I know of 2 Mark Wahlberg's.....the actor fka Marky Mark.....and the guy from Antiques Road Show.    Is this one of them....or is there a third Mark Wahlberg?

How bout the one Ted that speaks your language.. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Mediocre would be 8-8.   I guess, compared to the last 2 years, mediocre at 8-8 would be huge.  And of course what such a record would augur for the future would be the key part of being "mediocre"

If the Cleveland Browns  go 8-8 in 2018 they might throw a parade.  :o

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

If the Cleveland Browns  go 8-8 in 2018 they might throw a parade.  :o

Better yet, have the fans lift Hue out of the lake and take him to the head of the parade.🏊‍♂️

8 hours ago, boo fagley said:

5 - 11 gets Hue fired.

For the record, Mark Walberg bet the Browns at 6 wins which I believe is a very safe bet.https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/mark-wahlberg-bets-on-cleveland-browns-to-win-at-least-6-games-in-2018/95-574746662

Firing him would be stupid as hell. The team needs continuity. He would need to royally poo poo the bed to get fired and his firing only sets the team back. 

I’ve given this some thought, and l want a winning record this year. 9-7 at least.

2 seasons ago was abominable, and l thought for sure this team had hit rock bottom, but then LAST year happened, and l had to sit through that? I feel this team owes us all a debt for having to deal with the most Godawful 2 years in franchise history.

After going 1-31 through 2 seasons, it seems like going 5-11 would be a godsend. On the surface, that might be true, but for some reason, it just doesn't seem like enough to my crazy brain. I want enough wins to virtually guarantee our coaches come back. I don't want our young QB learning another new system in his second year, or our team trudging through the drama of a regime change. 

Could 5 wins be enough to bring everyone back? Possibly, but it would depend on when and how we got those 5 W's. If we started the season out like 3-5, but then lost 6 of our next 8...I would seriously doubt Hue would return in 2019. However, if we started slowly but then got some good traction to END the year, that might do it. I know it's only a one game difference, but 6 wins sounds so much better and it's the number I have my sites on. 

We can win some games this year on talent alone, but we won't get to 6 or more without good coaching and some injury luck. If Hue Jackson ever wanted to prove he has what it takes to be a head coach, NOW is the time. We need to win some games BECAUSE of him, not lose the close ones due to some poor management or decision. I'm beyond interested to see how Hue responds to having a proven DC and OC. The other thing is luck, and there's nothing we can do about that. Injuries happen to everyone, but we need to get lucky on who they happen to and for how long they last. 

Tyrod Taylor isn't going to set any records, but he's going to be a severe breath of fresh air. I'm betting that even the most ardent Tyrod detractors will be singing a different tune by game 3 or 4. Even if Tyrod isn't lighting up the score boards every week, fans need only to watch last year's red zone film on Kizer, and then they'll rejoice around Tyrod's presence. We're going to score in a variety of ways in the red zone. QB draws, run-pass options, fade throws (remember how many times we tried that route last year to no avail? Jesus), running off tackle, slants...Tyrod has these abilities, and he'll make solid decisions when we need points. Even if it's throwing it away so we have a shot at 3...that will help. There's simply no way to fully quantify how much Kizer's red zone turnovers hurt us. You go from about to score to giving the ball and all momentum away. It's devastating for the offense, AND the defense. 

It's almost go time people! 

14 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Firing him would be stupid as hell. The team needs continuity. He would need to royally poo poo the bed to get fired and his firing only sets the team back. 

They don't need continuity if that continuity means that the HC is continually incompetent.  That would just mean that you would be consistently incompetent.   Hue has this year to prove that he is not the totally incompetent turd that he has been for the last 2 years.   I am not that optimistic.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They don't need continuity if that continuity means that the HC is continually incompetent.  That would just mean that you would be consistently incompetent.   Hue has this year to prove that he is not the totally incompetent turd that he has been for the last 2 years.   I am not that optimistic.

They DO need continuity!

Yeah Hue hasnt exactly been Don Schula the last two seasons, but who in the f*k could do better with the sh!t he had to work with?

Hue sticks around at 5-11, anything less and he's gone.. But 5-6 wins after the last two seasons would be welcomed.. 

I mean it would be progress!!

Not many teams go from 0-16 to 11-5 the next season so pipe down with firing the HC who has been tenured longer than the other jackoffs we have had the last 7-8 years..

It's embarrassing! 

Pat Schumer came and went

As did Mangini, Chudzinski, Pettine.

Those guys were hardly given a chance. But now with the right staff in place. Of progress is shown, don't do the same Shmucking thing and blow it up again!!

10 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

They DO need continuity!

Yes...IF that continuity includes the element of competence

Yeah Hue hasnt exactly been Don Schula the last two seasons, but who in the f*k could do better with the sh!t he had to work with?

I think...just about anyone. Remember the biggest POS he had to work with was Kizer...and HE is the one that annointed him the starter, rather than having him sit and learn.

Hue sticks around at 5-11, anything less and he's gone.. But 5-6 wins after the last two seasons would be welcomed.. 

I mean it would be progress!!

Well...of course.

He did anoint him the starter because of draft position, and the fact that Osweiler is garbage, and Kessler just didn't make the jump.. So why not start the kid?

Plenty of blame to be passed around from the previous crop of FO debacles.. I don't get that impression with Dorsey and his staff..

Just now, domcucch1994 said:

He did anoint him the starter because of draft position, and the fact that Osweiler is garbage, and Kessler just didn't make the jump.. So why not start the kid?

Plenty of blame to be passed around from the previous crop of FO debacles.. I don't get that impression with Dorsey and his staff..

I actually think, under the circumstances, that BO should have been kept and started the season.  At least for a while.  And then they could have brought Kizer along.  

So...I don't know who made the decision to get rid of BO and start Kizer, Sachi or Hue,   but I believe it was a very bad decision.

Archived