THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump and Putin

This will probably turn into a shouting match soon enough but hopefully not.

Just a few points that I think are not unreasonable.
The outrage over the meeting really does seem excessive. I realize we switch hats with changes Administration but isn’t having better relationships with the adversaries of the US a positive thing? There wasn’t anything like this when the previous administration lifted sanctions on Iran and opened up to Castro. The only outcry was from the hardcore Obama haters.

Does anyone think Putin poses more of a danger to the United States then the Middle Eastern Warlords? Actually what threat does Putin pose to us? Russia has basically nothing but some oil and weapons which are not as good as ours.
Remember those who feared that bombastic language from Trump to Kim Jong-Un might start World War 3 but now they expect that exact kind of rhetoric against the Russians?

Also hasn’t the United States been tougher on Russia than previous Administrations? It was not under the Trump Administration that they invaded the Ukraine and Crimea. And those who preached we should get along with others now are calling this an act of War? Please.

Is there anyone here who truly believes that countries have not spied and interfere. With each other for centuries? And how many of us at previous times had a healthy distrust of the CIA?
And if some are upset that it seems like the president is disrespecting the intelligence organizations remember how many members of those organizations or actually out to derail the president. 

Yes the president has offended the intelligence organizations and the press as well. I understand why they circle the wagons but I would hope that both those organizations would do a better job of trying to be independent. Don’t you?

And I think we all admit that whatever went on for the russkies was done to both parties. They hacked the Republicans too.
They were fake news stories on both sides and it was the DNC but actually colluded by paying, through a British go-between, for the fake dossier from the Russians.

And even the intelligence organizations admit whatever went on did not change the outcome of the election. It certainly seems that if there was emotive on the part of the Russians it was to create turmoil in the United States which has certainly been successful.

So even if you are an anti Trump person what do you propose that he would do in a meeting with Putin? Take a swing at him? Call him a cork Soaker? Flip him the bird? And don’t you think that if he was more bombastic, as he usually is, that the opposition would be outraged by this Behavior too?
WSS

My gripe is with the tone. You can have a positive relationship with another country without coming off as meek. Trump acted scared and this “would” “wouldn’t” nonsense is laughable. He didn’t expect people to be so angry after he completely bent over for Putin.

I felt the same way when everyone of our presidents have all but gave Saudi oil shieks a handjob in front of cameras.

16 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

interesting you brought that up, I now recall unfettered sputtering outrage over Obama bowing to the Saudi Sheik. 

Yeah and if you Google around you can find images of a bunch of different presidents looking like they're bowing.

40 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Bush was holding their hands and walking around. 

Remember back when Bush 2.0 said something along the lines that he knew he could trust Putin because Putin was wearing his grandmother's crucifix around his neck? Good times...

1 minute ago, jbluhm86 said:

Remember back when Bush 2.0 said something along the lines that he knew he could trust Putin because Putin was wearing his grandmother's crucifix around his neck? Good times...

yeah but remember the Bush's suck now cause they all derpstate and sht. Right in there with Obammy and Hillary....derp derp derp DERPSTATE!!!!!

Archived