THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Official Fantasy Football Leagues

Zombo

I think we keep the same five leagues and add a "Champions League" next year.

It'll be the top two finishers of each league joining a Super League of ten, and the winner of that league is the Grand Champion each year.

If someone makes two championship games in the regular leagues during one season,  then one of the third place finishers makes the Championship league, based on a tie breaker system (best winning percentage, followed by best two year winning percentage, etc ... Not sure how this applies to the Points League, but they chose to be a points league, so we only take the top two from there).

The settings for the Championship League will be based on the Otto Graham League, so you'll have to be a versatile player and adjust.

The biggest problem is  ... reporting. Sometimes I have to pull teeth to find out winners and finals standings at the end of the year, some years it is never posted. I recommend Commissioners post their standings each week, and scores and summaries are nice too ... but at the very least POST THE FINAL STANDINGS.  Screenshot it, it is easy. Then we need the e-mail addresses of the top two finishers PM'd to me and I will set up the Champions League.

The five regular leagues ... Update me if you have changed your names.. I've got Otto Graham, League 3, League 4, League 5 and Points League ... is that correct, or is League 5 and the points league the same thing?

I know Heidi is League 3, I'm Otto and Flying J is League 4 ... who are the other commissioners? If we only have four leagues this plan still works, but I thought we had five still.

Let's get it all recorded here while we are thinking Fantasy Football.

And players, please make sure you have an updated e-mail address associated with your league in which you receive emails in the Summertime. It is not the Commissioners' job to hunt you down. We send out renewals, We post in the league (set your settings so you get an e-mail with each post) and we post on here. That's three things. If you don't respond until a week before the season and you've been replaced, it's not our fault.

Zombo

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/10/2018 at 9:24 AM, Zombo said:

we still don't have system that crowns one overall champion.

Let's run some ideas by ... League One has already been renewed with the usual suspects, if we get an openings I'll post it.

If they were all points leagues with the exact same scoring systems, then a Forum champ would be determined...

... but folks like head-to-head.

Could run parallel H2H and Points leagues with same folks in both and after the H2H draft is held agree to produce the exact same draft as did for the H2H... make the exact same roster moves in both leagues, set the same weekly line-ups, etc.

-- or ---

Simply tabulate the point totals for the winner of each H2H league at the end of the reg season and/or playoffs.

2 hours ago, Flyin J said:

We have another opening in league 4 if anyone else would like to play!  Trying to get to 12 teams.

Just for clarification is JDailey23 in with league IV?

4 hours ago, Flyin J said:

Yeah, hes in.  Browns57 made 10 and Unsympathetic wants in but we need another player for an even 12 to make that happen.

What's his team name -or- can't I see the obvious?  :blink:

.......oh I'll check around for another player if I can dig one up, do they have to be The BROWNS BOARD members to play although it's a good idea.

*And if anyone is interested here to try another fantasy league besides yahoo? I'm in the Fleaflicker FL a really nice format which I actually like better than yahoo or espn. It has a Friday 8 pm draft and we'd need a pair to get in to make it go. No big deal either way but they both dropped out at the same time just recently. We are going to play as is if necessary.  An 11+ year old FL.

Just let me know ASAP if interested........geeezzzz, it's easier to sell used cars than fill FL spots! :lol:

18 hours ago, Flyin J said:

We have another opening in league 4 if anyone else would like to play!  Trying to get to 12 teams.

Number of teams is another consideration in trying to determine a Forum Champ.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.  You avoid the draft - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe what you want to believe.  You send a message to FlyinJ - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer.  I know because I was once looking for the same type of fantasy football league. And when I found one, I learned I wasn't really looking for it. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us.. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.

What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with Ghoolie.  You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

Avoid all these things - including but not limited to the enigma wrapped in a riddle that is Ghoolie - by playing fantasy football this season.  Message FlyinJ today! Draft Monday.

League IV:

Live League Draft in 5 days 07:37:50  Mon Sep 3 9:00pm EDT  Draft room will open 15 min before your draft time

Final answer? Setting a league draft day and time is a lot like scheduling a solar and lunar eclipse on a time when everyone is home and has nothing else to do. :lol:

Is recruiting 1 to 3 players. PM me for invite. Its a great change of pace to the head to head leagues and includes individual defense players as a twist. Its a lot of fun and we really need a few active managers. 

I booted 2 today, if I booted you and you intended to play please confirm. I have sent numerous emails.  Z please let this float a day or two before merging if you would. 

Finally I decided to click on the thread: 100% worth it.

Such a post needs a good ending, hope you find your last truth seeker!

On 8/13/2018 at 11:05 AM, JJmac28 said:

I am interested in joining a league if there are any openings,

thanks Jeremy

Has anybody signed this guy up?^^ (post on page 2) seemed like a decent poster

Double check times, both have been updated to reflect changes to early evening EST. this was to accommodate multiple folks schedules including west coast time. Still looking for one to three players for the points league. 

Z please let this one ride a few days, Feel free to nuke the other one 

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

You could, of course, try not deleting people already in the points league without asking them first.

Yes, I want in - it auto-renewed and there was no message when I checked.

Back online tomorrow evening

I sent messages to the entire league at least 4 times. I also sent two emails to both teams I deleted before doing  so. Which team were you and did I already reinvite?  I’ve seen several complaints on other leagues too that they didn’t get messages. Not sure why people aren’t getting commissioner emails. 

8 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I sent messages to the entire league at least 4 times. I also sent two emails to both teams I deleted before doing  so. Which team were you and did I already reinvite?  I’ve seen several complaints on other leagues too that they didn’t get messages. Not sure why people aren’t getting commissioner emails. 

Some of us have more than one email......

3 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

Some of us have more than one email......

Absolutely, I have several. The only thing I can do as a commissioner is send a message to the email on record for the league. Either those aren’t being kept up to date or something is wrong with the Yahoo functionality for league emailsAbsolutely, I have several. The only thing I can do as a commissioner is send a message to the email on record for the league. Either those aren’t being kept up to date or something is wrong with the Yahoo functionality for league emails. In addition to the emails I posted multiple times relative to roll calls and even specifically ask about  teams that had not responded. In the past I have assumed teams that auto renewed would be OK and ended up with multiple teams who weren’t managing their teams which makes the league bad. That’s why I do my best to try to confirm team participation prior to the draft. 

Thank you for your hard work and due diligence!!! I wouldn't want to do it. 

GO BROWNS!!!!! 😎

On 8/30/2018 at 10:31 AM, Flyin J said:

League 4 is officially full.  As fine a thread this is lol, it can now be deleted or merged.  

am getting back in town today..What time Eastern are we drafting?

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

am getting back in town today..What time Eastern are we drafting?

For example here's mine...

My Teams and Leagues

Pre-Draft Teams

Live Draft in: 9 hours and 38 minutes

Mon Sep 3 6:30pm CDT Add to Calendar

Practice makes perfect. Mock Draft today

Live Draft: Tue Sep 4 6:00pm CDT

Add to Calendar

Practice makes perfect. Mock Draft today

Archived