THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Official Fantasy Football Leagues

Zombo

How are we doing it this year? Renew all the Yahoo leagues?

Seems like we had some problems with an entire league not reporting last year, and we had a points league, and we still don't have system that crowns one overall champion.

Let's run some ideas by ... League One has already been renewed with the usual suspects, if we get an openings I'll post it.

Zombo

image.img.jpeg

• Zombo pinned this topic
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerry (Gerrypotamusse), Mitchell (Hard for Denard), and Zack (Wes Mantooth) need to check in in Browns Board League 1 message Board, you should have received an e-mail invitation.

Zombo

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 10:47 AM, Zombo said:

Gerry (Gerrypotamusse), Mitchell (Hard for Denard), and Zack (Wes Mantooth) need to check in in Browns Board League 1 message Board, you should have received an e-mail invitation.

Zombo

Mitchell is in, btw, waiting for two confirmations, if we don't get them by the first preseason game, we will open a spot or two.

Zombo

This is Gerry Im in again! 😎

On 7/24/2018 at 5:58 PM, Cowsrus said:

League 3 was renewed as well.

League IV is open as well.

Commissioners, please take a roll call and make sure all of your teams are participating, otherwise delete them and open up some spots and advertise them here.

Zombo

Just now, Zombo said:

League IV is open as well.

Commissioners, please take a roll call and make sure all of your teams are participating, otherwise delete them and open up some spots and advertise them here.

Zombo

Just messaged the teams in League 3. I'll post any openings that I find out about. We're full now (unless someone doesn't come back) and are set to draft August 31st.

3 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I’ll renew league V and the points league tomorrow if I get time. Flying J Id be ok with a pay league 

I'll try a pay league if it looks viable, my experience over the years is it's hard to track everyone down to pay..... as petty as that sounds. 

Oh when are we cranking up the SURVIVAL, NFL and NCAA PICK 'ems?  The sooner the more tend to get in. 

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'll try a pay league if it looks viable, my experience over the years is it's hard to track everyone down to pay..... as petty as that sounds. 

Oh when are we cranking up the SURVIVAL, NFL and NCAA PICK 'ems?  The sooner the more tend to get in. 

There is a website called League Safe that handles fantasy money and payouts.  100% safe and fair.  Everyone votes to allow payouts.  

5 hours ago, Flyin J said:

There is a website called League Safe that handles fantasy money and payouts.  100% safe and fair.  Everyone votes to allow payouts.  

I also think DraftKings allows you to set up season long leagues. Prepay to join and payout us automatic. They do take a take a rake  though. 

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

We'll be rolling those out soon. So sounds like Leagues 1, 3, 4,,5 and the money League are back up. Did we bag League 2 last year?

If the commissioner's want to change the League names to something better that might be cool, I think we discussed that last year.

Maybe Name them after Browns greats. Since League One is the oldest, and original, I will rename it the Otto Graham League ... I'd name it after Paul Brown, but Fuck the Bungles.

Zombo

54 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We'll be rolling those out soon. So sounds like Leagues 1, 3, 4,,5 and the money League are back up. Did we bag League 2 last year?

If the commissioner's want to change the League names to something better that might be cool, I think we discussed that last year.

Maybe Name them after Browns greats. Since League One is the oldest, and original, I will rename it the Otto Graham League ... I'd name it after Paul Brown, but Shmuck the Bungles.

Zombo

If I weren't still dealing with a few health issues I'd volunteer to run some of these things, I've done it forever, but I was in the hospital 7 times over the last 3 years with a hip infection and other issues......well at least I do like nurses. :lol:

So far in 2018 I have zero visits, hope  to keep it that way.

I'm in the Otto and the "Points" leagues... the latter needs a name. Started a Bulletin Board topic for picking one.

The Points league and League V head to head have been renewed. I sent a message to all players to sound off on roll call on the league board. VERY few responses so far. Last year I had to spend a ton of time tracking people down on this. Please take the time to visit the board and sound off if u are going to play. In all likelihood any non responders as of next Friday get the boot and Ill recruit from there. 

Both leagues could use two more teams as well. The points league is a cool twist that includes IDP if you want to try something different. 

On 7/30/2018 at 10:03 PM, Tour2ma said:

I'm in the Otto and the "Points" leagues... the latter needs a name. Started a Bulletin Board topic for picking one.

On 7/30/2018 at 10:03 PM, Tour2ma said:

How about The Hardland after the teams new slogan

So we have 3 so far for a money league.  Id like to have the standard 10.  The money would be safe and fair, guaranteed. Putting real money into fantasy enhances the experience 10 fold in my opinion.  A big problem around here is participation in almost every fantasy league Ive been in.  Id say half the teams in every league dont set lineups or play in any way.  When money is involved, generally everyone tries their best.  Everyone participates in trades and free agency, everyone sets their lineups every week.  The draft would also be better with a full 10 teams drafting.  A league with 10 teams all trying to win every single week, makes fantasy football so much better.  I could care less about the money but thats how you get people involved.  

6 hours ago, Flyin J said:

I have 6 teams secured in league 4.  Sent out another reminder.

send me the link again please,thanks (here's to hoping my password is locked in)

47 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Ugotblitzed..

I sent you an email.  If you cant get to the league from it, go to yahoo.com/fantasy and sign in.  Your active leagues will pop up.  If you forget your password follow the instructions to reset.

10 hours ago, Flyin J said:

I sent you an email.  If you cant get to the league from it, go to yahoo.com/fantasy and sign in.  Your active leagues will pop up.  If you forget your password follow the instructions to reset.

Thanks again for the invite J. got in, now looking thru my Fantasy lineups..huba,huba..

how many TE's can I choose? ;)

Archived