THE BROWNS BOARD

Best of Both Worlds "Browns and Star Wars"

Kvoethe

Went to comic con at the covelli center in  youngstown yesterday.

Lady peddling her wares had these team T-Shirts with mascots as stormtroopers from star wars.

I bought the browns shirt.  The picture is now my profile picture.

I thought it was very cool.  The lady is a small businesswoman and is just getting started.

She has an ebay store called clevelandsleeves

I thought it was very original and if I was going to use her graphics as my profile pic, I should at least give her some credit.

1 hour ago, dawg2fan said:

Very nice.  Even though I'm more of a Trekie, this is very inspiring. 

Hard to believe that most of the original  Trekies are collecting Social Security now. :lol:

2 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Went to comic con at the covelli center in  youngstown yesterday.

Lady peddling her wares had these team T-Shirts with mascots as stormtroopers from star wars.

I bought the browns shirt.  The picture is now my profile picture.

I thought it was very cool.  The lady is a small businesswoman and is just getting started.

She has an ebay store called clevelandsleeves

I thought it was very original and if I was going to use her graphics as my profile pic, I should at least give her some credit.

I had a similar thread on May 4th....it got bumped to the Barber Shop.  Z hates sci-fi nerds nearly as bad as he hates the Steelers.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I had a similar thread on May 4th....it got bumped to the Barber Shop.  Z hates sci-fi nerds nearly as bad as he hates the Steelers.

Don't hate them, just don't get it.

I like stuff about real stuff.

Steelers blow.

Zombo

22 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Hard to believe that most of the original  Trekies are collecting Social Security now. :lol:

You're right, don't hear much about them.  Especially with all the new Star Wars movies.  Of course,  all it takes is one Star Trek movie and it all starts again 😎.   As long as its either the original Star Trek or the Next Generation.  Not a fan of the others.  But this is a Star Wars thread, so continue the talk. 

4 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

You're right, don't hear much about them.  Especially with all the new Star Wars movies.  Of course,  all it takes is one Star Trek movie and it all starts again 😎.   As long as its either the original Star Trek or the Next Generation.  Not a fan of the others.  But this is a Star Wars thread, so continue the talk. 

The original Gene Roddenberry Star Trek barely made it started in 1966 when I was in high school and had 79 episodes sure took off after that.

The original characters only were paid residuals for 5 shows (from memory only) and spun off a fortune after that, I remember William Shatner was living in a trailer after the show ended......amazing how things work out. 

.......edit add, I had to look this up.....   "The series Star Trek that I was in, was so early on, there were no residuals. So none of us ever have received residuals," actor William Shatner said in an interview with IGN's Scott Collura on the Transporter Room 3 podcast.

"That came into being about three years later," continued Shatner, referring to changes in the industry that saw TV actors begin to get paid when their shows were aired in reruns. At the time the show aired (1966-69), it was hard to imagine a TV series would stil have life 50 years later. 

Star Trek was canceled in 1969, but it was revived as an animated series and a decade later was made into a movie with 1979's Star Trek: The Motion Picture. The film was quite costly and divided fans, leading studio Paramount and its cast to believe it would be the one and only Trek movie........

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The original Gene Roddenberry Star Trek barely made it started in 1966 when I was in high school and had 79 episodes sure took off after that.

The original characters only were paid residuals for 5 shows (from memory only) and spun off a fortune after that, I remember William Shatner was living in a trailer after the show ended......amazing how things work out. 

.......edit add, I had to look this up.....   "The series Star Trek that I was in, was so early on, there were no residuals. So none of us ever have received residuals," actor William Shatner said in an interview with IGN's Scott Collura on the Transporter Room 3 podcast.

"That came into being about three years later," continued Shatner, referring to changes in the industry that saw TV actors begin to get paid when their shows were aired in reruns. At the time the show aired (1966-69), it was hard to imagine a TV series would stil have life 50 years later. 

Star Trek was canceled in 1969, but it was revived as an animated series and a decade later was made into a movie with 1979's Star Trek: The Motion Picture. The film was quite costly and divided fans, leading studio Paramount and its cast to believe it would be the one and only Trek movie........

Until this, of course:

I was changing my avatar, looking for photos etc. to use, when I came across this "Browns logo":

ClevelandBrowns-Brown.png.d943cb8ef2d36a

My only question is:  I assume this is supposed to be a depiction of Paul Brown.....but why on earth did they draw him up to look like Mr. Magoo?

On 7/11/2018 at 1:06 PM, The Gipper said:

Here are a few other interesting or bizarre Browns logos that I have come upon:

clebro_head2.png.ef7ba9877312acd729d922f

Oh god that is so wrong on so many grounds.......like most all if not all of the girl scout looking brownie creations, uuuuhhhhhh.

Archived