THE BROWNS BOARD

Facebook live kidnapping ringleader sentenced

htownbrown

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/06/chicago-ringleader-facebook-live-beating-disabled-teen-gets-8-years-in-prison.html

8 years in prison...

Ok, so anyone want to begin with how in the fuk you get 8 years for a hate crime plus kidnapping?

Next, you can go into detail on how the black man is treated really poorly (average hate crime sentence 10-20 years) in the court system, you know excessively harsh punishments and such.

All in a stolen van no less, without any consequence for that.  I expect this will be the harshest of sentences for these losers, so you can take your hate crime legislation and stick it up your arse.  It's quite obvious what all that is about at this point.  

well...

A. It's in CHICAGO, a bastion of liberalism.

B. The judge was also black, and allowed the deals in the case.

C. Another guy got totally drunk, and killed a guy. He got only ten days. But this same judge said

it was because "he felt remorse" at sentencing.

egad.

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/cann-san-hamel-cyclist-drunk-driver-sentencing/Content?oid=25446274

Well Cal, the real point I wanted to make is the term hate crime has always been a farce.  There has never been validity to it.  For instance, if someone was a pedophile would it matter about their motivations?  Can't he just be judged by his actions or intent?  We're not talking about self defense here. 

In other words, I don't care if this thug was victimized by society, if he's uneducated, if he hates white people, if he never knew his dad, etc.  His misplaced anger is irrelevant.  Bottom line is he's as sick of a person as anyone else that would do this.  If he did this to a black guy it wouldn't make any moral difference.  He's the same piece of sh!t either way.

If I were a victim of this at the hands of some white guys, I would be insulted to realize they could have gotten more time if I was born black.  How about all violent crimes be considered hate crimes?  How about we just increase the penalties across the board for violent crimes?  If you do this to anyone for any reason you deserve more the 8 years, even in Chicago.

Real justice is blind.

Exactly. I just think the rationalizations are the problem. Like you mentioned... "oh, he grew up poor"...

Race shouldn't have anything to do with it. And to intentionally do what they did.... I don't care what excuses their

attorneys can come up with to lessen their sentence - should NOT matter. The crime is still horrendous.

Archived