THE BROWNS BOARD

Tyrod Is going to surprise everyone

BobPOUND!

I've watched a lot of film on Tyrod going back to last year and the limited training camp film they've released. And what I have noticed in the limited stuff I've seen this year is the ease with which he is hitting receivers in motion with little to no adjustment needed. 

Obviously this is practice, but it is something I am not seeing from Mayfield yet. He is hitting the same receivers but they have to slightly adjust or a small jump.. But Tyrod's passes are hitting them in stride with no adjustments needed.

This is something that has been sorely needed in Cleveland for a long long time. A QB that can hit in stride and allow the WR's to make moves after the catch, instead of having to adjust and then get taken down at the point of the catch....

I think he is going to do extremely well this year. And I don't get the "he's going to go down on the 1st game" vibe from him either. He is younger and in shape and looks really good.

BobPound!

Tie Rod is a run-first QB. He hasn't spent as much time in the pocket his whole career as he has in this pajama party video. The coach running by him as a fake pass rusher was REALLY impressive. Why even release schidt video like this? Any pooper on a picnic grounds could do what these chowder heads are doing.

Look, this is not hard to foresee. Tyrod shows some flash,  but early in the season his happy feet and Kordell heritage find him getting his knees destroyed.... a la RG III. This is RG IV.

The question is, what week does it happen, and how early does Mayfield get thrown to the dogs.

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY............................. Hue Jackson got his Black Tarkenton once again.

15 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Tie Rod is a run-first QB. He hasn't spent as much time in the pocket his whole career as he has in this pajama party video. The coach running by him as a fake pass rusher was REALLY impressive. Why even release schidt video like this? Any pooper on a picnic grounds could do what these chowder heads are doing.

Look, this is not hard to foresee. Tyrod shows some flash,  but early in the season his happy feet and Kordell heritage find him getting his knees destroyed.... a la RG III. This is RG IV.

The question is, what week does it happen, and how early does Mayfield get thrown to the dogs.

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY............................. Hue Jackson got his Black Tarkenton once again.

attention.jpg

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

What happened to the I'm on board the Browns Bandwagon Ghoolie of just a few weeks ago?? I can't keep up with the swings

I just don't see it.. In the film I saw of him last year, he stood in the pocket most of the times and only exited when the easy yardage was there or he had checked all the way out.  He is no RG3. Even though they are the same age, I think his physical shape is much better as he hasn't been beaten to a pulp like RG3...

Only time will tell. But I feel that we will do very good under Tyrod and he will silence any thoughts of throwing Mayfield to the wolves.....  I could see us sneaking into the Wildcards this year with the talent we have finally assembled...

I might have to agree with you on Hue, but again only time will tell... I just don't feel the love for this guy, but i am sure glad we stuck it out for 3 years with him regardless of our pathetic W/L ratio.. we needed to show potential coaches that the Browns will give you time if you come here and not pull the plug on you for 1 bad season... If that is the only thing we get out of Hue, then it was worth it. Because if he sucks butt this season, I think we will be in a much better position to pick up a 1st class coach who sees that we are finally willing to spend the money and make the good decisions....

I hope i am wrong on Hue and that he is the 2nd coming of Parcel's or something...  If he just gets out of the way and lets the people he has hired do the heavy lifting he could be seen as a master mind if we can squeak into the playoffs this year.

PS...I know I will get Sheet for this. But this whole Black Tarkenton thing really pisses me off... I read your whole thread on your explanation of this, but I think you are just cloaking your bullcrap attitude towards black QB's.... You use this term for nearly every black QB we talk about now... Come up with a new term, this one is getting really F'Ing old.

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't think you have a clue as to how TT plays.   You just look at him and see that he is black and make your normal, racist assumptions from there.

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think you have a clue as to how TT plays.   You just look at him and see that he is black and make your normal, racist assumptions from there.

A strange man crush on a HOF QB that played over 40 years ago? Odd isn't it? :lol:

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

A strange man crush on a HOF QB that played over 40 years ago? Odd isn't it? :lol:

Since he has a man crush on  Terry Bradshaw, perhaps we should ask Ghoolie's opinion of whom he thinks is the new or next Black Bradshaw.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Since he has a man crush on  Terry Bradshaw, perhaps we should ask Ghoolie's opinion of whom he thinks is the new or next Black Bradshaw.

Maybe the next black Wayne Newton in vegas? :wub:

On 7/2/2018 at 6:44 PM, Ghoolie said:

this is not hard to foresee. Tyrod shows some flash,  but early in the season his happy feet and Kordell heritage find him getting his knees destroyed....

I do see this as a possibility...if our tackles don't play well.

13 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

I just don't see it.. In the film I saw of him last year, he stood in the pocket most of the times and only exited when the easy yardage was there or he had checked all the way out.  He is no RG3

That's what I know of him.  I don't know him as a run first QB.  -  We'll find out.  :)   It's July now.  We're gettin' there.

-----------

We played against him in 2016.  He was 17 of 24 for 174 yards 1 td no int's.  His team rushed for 280 yards against us (49 from him).

I don't expect him to run that much for us (I mean, he won't be playing against the 2016 Browns D) but I think if we can give him a running attack to accompany his 'Steady Eddie' type of game then we could have some type of success.  

On 7/2/2018 at 5:44 PM, Ghoolie said:

You loved old Hue the other day. Good man and all.

Tyrod will stay in the pocket in Haleys offense. Just watch.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

You loved old Hue the other day. Good man and all.

Tyrod will stay in the pocket in Haleys offense. Just watch.

I have NEVER loved Hue as a head coach. I said he was a good man, a decent and fair man. In your world, is it not fathomable that a man can be of great character, and STILL be bad at his job?

Haley has absolutely no say so over whether Tyrod stays in the pocket or not. When the pressure of football starts, QBs go back to their tendencies. Tyrod will run and he will get clobbered.

Tie Rod still can't 'throw receivers" open.. He needs a clear lane. Taylor likes wideouts to be deep... We'll see if he adjusts or not.. protect the ball.. we should win a couple of games... We'll see how it shakes out...

Tyrod is likely a better QB than many think, and I suspect many of the fans on this board who aren't sold on him will be somewhat surprised by around game 5 or 6. 

Your observations of Tyrod throwing slightly more on target is something I have not witnessed, but admittedly I haven't seen them both throw THAT much, so you could be right. Here's what I've noticed, Tyrod is a very "neat" passer. No wasted movements, no elongated motion. Where he gets in trouble is when 2nd and 3rd options have to be looked at, and he doesn't always trust in what he sees. Throwing 15 touchdowns against 4 picks is a terrific ratio, but I'd much prefer 24 touchdowns against 12 picks. Learning how to take calculated risks is vital to scoring because people aren't always going to be "open" in the NFL. When you have guys like our receivers who can make plays when they AREN'T open, it's imperative the QB gives them the opportunities to make it happen. 

I'm interested to see how Tyrod adjusts his game in this respect. We need to score more touchdowns, bottom line. We don't have an established FG kicker, so we need to finish off as many drives as possible. Naturally we're going to be risk adverse considering the MASSIVE amount of red zone turnovers we committed last year. Turnovers that cost us multiple wins. Just look at that Jets game last year for the perfect example. Tyrod likely would've hung 30 on those asshats. Todd Haley won't accept "safe" for too long, and if Tyrod isn't taking the calculated risks he's supposed to, there will be issues. We have the horses to get down field, to get vertical down the seam, and to hit the secondary gaps against Cover 2. These are difficult throws, and throws that come with inherent risk. I'm interested to see how Tyrod evolves. 

Baker won't have the same issues, but he's definitely going to struggle at first. Baker, as with virtually all rookies, will struggle when the primary target isn't available. Additionally, he's learning to play from under center, so he's going to take a bit of time. But Baker thinks quickly, processes quickly, has a deadly accurate ball, and is a tireless worker. Baker WILL be prepared. 

Your point of hitting receivers accurately is something I've been harping on for YEARS. I don't have any stats, but it seems to me we HAD to be near the bottom of the league in yards after catch (YAC). This is a shame because Corey Coleman SHOULD'VE been a real weapon in terms of YAC, but I struggle to think of one catch where he was running with the rock. Duke is the only one who consistently ran with the ball after a catch. Njoku flashed, but disappeared too often. It's extremely difficult to assess our receivers' abilities due to the absurdly poor QB play last year, so I'm beyond intrigued by the prospect of seeing our playmakers alongside a legit QB. 

Tyrod has a very good chance to impress people this year, and much of his success will boil down to whether or not he can balance taking the necessary risks against keeping it safe, his specialty. This is part of the reason why Tyrod doesn't have stellar numbers in 2 minute drills, or when the defense KNOWS he's passing it. Tyrod doesn't take risks, which is extremely difficult when the defense is playing dime packages, or even nickel, and you have to go 80 yards with no timeouts and you are down 5. Difficult circumstances for anyone, but especially so for a risk-adverse guy. In fact, THIS is the biggest reason I see us missing out on the playoffs (stop laughing). I don't see us winning the close games (or many of them) when we HAVE to score and the defense knows we're passing it. I don't know the percentages, but I remember hearing about how the vast percentage of NFL games come down to the the final few minutes. Our team appears built for holding onto a lead, but it's GETTING the lead that will be the hard part. 

I also want fans to remember how mobile Tyrod Taylor is, and he's a guy who can run not only for a first down, but also a guy who can gash a defense for a big gainer. He's dangerous and seldom takes a big hit when he runs it. He can run the QB draw in the red zone (a play that seems to ALWAYS work on us btw), excel at RPO, pick up the 3rd and short, and avoid the rush with his agility to make plays down the field. I want all of our fans to remember Tyrod has NEVER played with the weapons he now has, so there's a chance he doesn't just play like he normally does, he could have a banner year. It's not out of the question for Tyrod to have numbers like 2800 yards passing, 22 tds, 10 picks, 500 yards rushing and 6 more tds on the ground. 

Nice post Jiggins. We'll see what happens during TC & especially during the regular season, but our QB & playmaker situations are improved to the point of creating a real & valid optimism for this coming season & beyond.

GO BROWNS!!

Mike

On 7/3/2018 at 10:43 AM, The Gipper said:

Dude, kiss my black negro asss. You can shove your racist crap up your liberal _never knew a real negro in my life- asss. I loved McNair and Moon. TT is not them. He is RG4...he is another black tarkenton and he will get clobbered. 

11 hours ago, nickers said:

Tie Rod still can't 'throw receivers" open.. He needs a clear lane. Taylor likes wideouts to be deep... We'll see if he adjusts or not.. protect the ball.. we should win a couple of games... We'll see how it shakes out...

Black Tarkenton. No wide open WRs? He will run like a sonofabitch and he will get clobbered. Enter Baker........... too early........................ IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude, kiss my black negro asss. You can shove your racist crap up your liberal _never knew a real negro in my life- asss. I loved McNair and Moon. TT is not them. He is RG4...he is another black tarkenton and he will get clobbered. 

If so, your words tell a different tale.  You are right, I don't think you are  a racist.

But anyone that has not known you all the time that I have and that just comes on here would have a far different opposite impression based on what you do actually say. 

NOT EVERYONE................... he won't surprise me.................... he is a run first QB. Always has been, always will be. He is only a pocket passer when guys are wide open. In Cleveland, he will have more pressure than ever in his career. He will take off... he will get hurt. Bring in Maziel....ah,,, the other midget........

Here is Tie Rod.................... he failed to hit an open reciever on the play before.... so nect play? He runs. Good luck doing that with the Browns.

Well, all I can say is that, no,   TT is not a tall, lumbering, slow white QB, the likes of Brady, Flacco, BR, Eli, Ryan, Rivers, Dalton,  Bortles

But just because he is mobile does not mean that is bad.   Two QBs who have rushed as much or more than TT the last 3 years:    Cam Newton, and Russell Wilson

Cam ran the following times the last 3 years:  132,90,139

Wilson ran: 103, 72, 95

Taylor:  104, 95, 84

So, he has actually been reducing his rushing numbers.

And you know who else ran more times than TT last year, on average?   Carson Wentz, or 4.92 per game.   So, all three of them ran for more on average than TT did. 

Of those 4 QBs,   all but Wilson's team went to the playoffs. 

So, I guess if by TT running some that puts the Browns in the playoffs,   I am good with that.

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Wow you had to go all the way back to college and pick a video of him executing a RUN PLAY. That was never designed to be anything but a run.... Good come back.

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

NOT EVERYONE................... he won't surprise me.................... he is a run first QB. Always has been, always will be. He is only a pocket passer when guys are wide open. In Cleveland, he will have more pressure than ever in his career. He will take off... he will get hurt. Bring in Maziel....ah,,, the other midget........

Here is Tie Rod.................... he failed to hit an open reciever on the play before.... so nect play? He runs. Good luck doing that with the Browns.

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Moon and McNair were pocket passers... that's the difference.... Tie doesnt impress me 1 Iota..... I give him 4 games before Hue makes another of his famous desperate moves.. I don't think Taylor is complete garbage.. But , I know he's not the long term solution... I think people over rate him like they overrate Prince's or Joe Bonamassa's abilities on Guitar... They were/are good.. but not "great"

7 hours ago, nickers said:

Moon and McNair were pocket passers... that's the difference.... Tie doesnt impress me 1 Iota..... I give him 4 games before Hue makes another of his famous desperate moves.. I don't think Taylor is complete garbage.. But , I know he's not the long term solution... I think people over rate him like they overrate Prince's or Joe Bonamassa's abilities on Guitar... They were/are good.. but not "great"

Nobody wants to hear the truth Nick. I posted that video of the guy running 70 some yards.................. now, let me ask you, if he isn't a run-first, Black Tarkenton QB.....can anyone name me the "pocket passers" that have 70 yard runs, lead rushing stats, and have multiple 50 yard runs?

Monatana? Marino? Brady? Roethlisberger? Kosar? Payton? Rogers? Brees? Elway?

What these assphucks don't understand is that when a Black Tarkenton plays for a team without a power running game, offensive weapons, and a defense that forces the Offense to play predictable, come from behind football, the Tie Rod/RG3/ insert favorite black Tarkenton.............................type player schidts his pants and either starts throwing interceptions, OR running and getting hurt in the process.

Hey, I hope the guy is different................but what is it about patterns and tendencies that Browns fans can't comprehend? YOu think Hue is no longer calling the shots? Really?

He brought in Black Tarkenton III,  then he drafted a black Tarkenton.................. and NOW? Now he has yet another one. And this is DORSEY calling the shots? WTF?

I see this as yet one more year of the same stupid schidt. Tie Rod starts, TieRod runs one too many times, and by game 4 the guy has broken limbs. VOILA! he Chants will start.....BAY KER   BAY KER...................................... and what is it?                                                                               GROUNDHOG DAY.............. 

Same crap as before.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:40 AM, Ghoolie said:

I have NEVER loved Hue as a head coach. I said he was a good man, a decent and fair man. In your world, is it not fathomable that a man can be of great character, and STILL be bad at his job?

Think Romeo.  A real great man.  But a lousy HC.

I too have Hue in that category (though I don't think Isaiah Crowell thinks much of him).  Hue has been lousy at clock management, lousy game manager at the half's end, lousy with the QB's and has pretty much tried to squash round players into his rigid, square holed offense instead of adapting his offense to his players.  Now, adapting his offense is something that Haley is known for.  So, we can only hope that the coordinators run their squads during the games and that Hue is the cheerleader.  

As for Tyrod.  He is what he is.  He's much better than what we've had.  I'm hoping he plays well for us.  And he was brought here to do that...for as long as he can or as long as it takes to get Baker ready.  BAKER needs to make sure that he knows that he's a pocket passer in this league.  He's not particularly fast...so hopefully that sinks in early.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:40 PM, Ghoolie said:

Haley has absolutely no say so over whether Tyrod stays in the pocket or not. When the pressure of football starts, QBs go back to their tendencies. Tyrod will run and he will get clobbered.

You were gloating over Hue doing the best that could which is all you can ask of a man. Its too late to back peddle Ghoolie. You love Hue and as long as he tries his best he can stay as HC. Youre happy. Hue can jump in the lake every year.

Trouble with your Trod theory is that he is a 62% passer which aint shabby. He has Gordon, Landry, Duke to throw to. We hope Njoku takes the next step. Devalve is decent. Haley wants to pass and always has In AZ, Pitt in KC he did not have the weapons that the Browns have now. I wish I could see your face when the Browns dispose of the Steelers day 1.

Youre a great Browns fan Ghoolie and you have been a long time. Nothing bad lasts forever and nothing good lasts forever. Remember that. The Browns will have their day.

Archived