THE BROWNS BOARD

If this happens

I will puke.

Is ‘Black Panther’ the Year’s Only Real Oscar Best Picture Contender So Far?

https://www.thewrap.com/oscar-race-so-far-black-panther-best-picture-contender/

Shared from my Google feed

Not that it's the biggest piece of crap to ever come down the pike, like message from space or bronx Warriors 1990, but it's a seriously mediocre film.

WSS

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/6/25/17486064/best-films-movies-of-2018-so-far

Here's just a random list and I haven't seen most of these. I have planned to go to the cedar Lee to see first reformed. Also the Joaquin Phoenix movie. Of the ones I have seen the death of Stalin is one I wouldn't mind seeing getting a nomination just because it's so weird. I don't think it's deserving of a nomination but a quiet place was surprisingly good. I don't think Black Panther was as good as most superhero movies. And there are a boatload of them. Unfortunately we don't get showings of the ones that are going to rise to the surface buy this fall where the serious Oscar contention heats up.

WSS

Well, I have only seen a handful of movies that have come out this year...and they have mostly been the "blockbuster types" that get no Oscar Run. In fact I think these are the only  ones I have seen so far:

Black Panther

Ready Player One

The Avengers: Infinity War

Solo

I will be going to see the new Jurassic Park movie soon, and I may want to see Incredibles 2. 

But you know that the Oscars will be full of artsy fartsy movies that come out at the end of the year,   things like the Phantom Thread etc.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, I have only seen a handful of movies that have come out this year...and they have mostly been the "blockbuster types" that get no Oscar Run. In fact I think these are the only  ones I have seen so far:

Black Panther

Ready Player One

The Avengers: Infinity War

Solo

I will be going to see the new Jurassic Park movie soon, and I may want to see Incredibles 2. 

But you know that the Oscars will be full of artsy fartsy movies that come out at the end of the year,   things like the Phantom Thread etc.

I don't think any of those are oscar-worthy. And except for Avengers Infinity War I think black panther is the weakest of those four. I will probably go next week and see Jurassic. Let me know.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think any of those are oscar-worthy. And except for Avengers Infinity War I think black panther is the weakest of those four. I will probably go next week and see Jurassic. Let me know.

WSS

OK, maybe one day next week.  My wife will be out of town and it will just be me and the cat at home!!

Archived