THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield or Mahomes

Dawgs89

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You ever play football hoorta?

You ever run a slant? Ever try to catch a football while you are running your hardest in one direction but reaching BEHIND you to catch a ball probably going 70mph? 

Butterfingers? I'm thinking you Baker apologists all have butterfingers. Those butterfingers are making you guys hit "send" on some foolish posts defending his every move. 

Actually I have, not on their level. OK, tough catch? I'll grant you that. Pretty damn amazing that at least three of Bakers interceptions have come off of balls that hit the receivers in the hands though..... And all at the worst possible times. Three interceptions, a fumble, and a blocked punt = another loss... Those who want to put all the blame on Baker are totally off base. 

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Actually I have, not on their level. OK, tough catch? I'll grant you that. Pretty damn amazing that at least three of Bakers interceptions have come off of balls that hit the receivers in the hands though..... And all at the worst possible times. Three interceptions, a fumble, and a blocked punt = another loss... Those who want to put all the blame on Baker are totally off base. 

Baker is not THE reason the Browns are 2-4.

Baker is definitely a reason the Browns are 2-4.

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Baker is not THE reason the Browns are 2-4.

Baker is definitely one of the reasons the Browns are 2-4.

FIFY.  It's the same crap every year. Took a spin over to Cleveland.com- As usual, after a loss- fire Freddie, Mayfield sucks, the defense blows, season over. 

Maybe some guys need to take the Ghoolie approach and view it as a little more as entertainment. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2018 at 9:25 PM, Comeonman said:

Mayfield. Not because I think he’s a future HOFer, but because I think Mahomes will have an extremely subpar career. 

On 6/29/2018 at 8:19 AM, Zombo said:

Mahomo is Desone Kizer on a good team with a year to prepare ... we'll see.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:55 PM, tiamat63 said:

This is like asking do you want to be shot in the head or in the chest?

In the end, who Shmucking cares?   I don't believe either will be successful.  

On 7/6/2018 at 12:57 AM, Pat Mahomo said:

Mahomes is going to be very good.  You'll wish you'd taken him when you had the chance(s).  ....that said, I happen to think Baker Mayfield was the correct choice for you in the draft this past year and that he will be a key to getting the Browns back to being a good NFL team again in the next few years.  Keep Dorsey away from your cap...he isn't good at math...but he's a good scout type GM...things should start to get better soon.

Just had to bring them forward for some New Year laughs. Pat Mahomo was about 2/3s right.😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

....so where are you all at on this debate now?

Through their first two years in the NFL:

Mayfield 7,552 Yds, 49 TDs

Mahomes 5,381 Yds 50 Tds

Edge to Mayfield, but credit John Dorsey for two nice picks.

And thanks for cutting Kareem Hunt, you fucking idiots.

Zombo

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Zombo locked this topic