THE BROWNS BOARD

Mayfield or Mahomes

Dawgs89

On 6/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, Dawgs89 said:

Simple question: Who do you think will be the better NFL QB?

Don't really care. I care about the Browns wi. ing it all. Mayfield is going ro make that happen. Mahommes is a great kid and a QB. Comparisons i sult.both of these qbs.

Baker bleeds Brown and Orange. Thatmakes him better.

59 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Neither this Browns team nor KC are anywhere near 1999 Rams.

Blog post about that defense..

Only a very few Browns would crack the starting lineup - Schobert, Landry, of course Garrett and that's about it. Who on KC would substitute for anyone on the 1999 Rams? Schwartz isn't good enough to be even a poor man's Orlando Pace.

BUT- different positions. :) Schwartz RT, Pace LT.  

9 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Neither this Browns team nor KC are anywhere near 1999 Rams.

Blog post about that defense..

Only a very few Browns would crack the starting lineup - Schobert, Landry, of course Garrett and that's about it. Who on KC would substitute for anyone on the 1999 Rams? Schwartz isn't good enough to be even a poor man's Orlando Pace.

Considering that Orlando Pace played left tackle, and Mitchell Schwartz plays Right Tackle......you may be dead wrong.  Who played RT on those 1999 Rams?  That is who you should compare Schwartz to.

Did you guys see the short video clip of the Chiefs' punter actually thanking Mahomes for not getting a first down so he could punt the ball for once?  LMAO

I think it's obvious that Pat Mahomes is better, at this point.

But... I will say this..

If Mahomes and Baker switched teams, who would have the better numbers?

Baker throwing to Hill,  Kelce, Hunt, Watkins would definitely net some better numbers.

Whereas, I believe Mahomes throwing to Landry, Njoku, Calloway, and Duke would net less great numbers.

I think both are great, 

but Mahomes is playing out of his mind..

31Tds, 7Ints in 10 starts

13Tds, 7ints in 7 starts

Let's say if Baker did start the season he might have around 18-20 Tds at this point, which is certainly respectable.

But the numbers don't lie..

• Upvote 1

Mahomes is great....no doubt. I'm happy for KC. I'm also thrilled with Mayfield, and wouldn't trade him for Mahomes or anybody else right now. I don'^t much care for, losers from KC coming here and talking crap. They haven't won anything yet and are going to lose big to the Rams this week....and their fans suck.

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I like ketchup....in the right places.  On a hamburger or with fries.  But, on steak and Mac and cheese?

emojis-puking-detaiil.jpg?w=945&h=574&fi

Shmuck ya it's great on mac and cheese

• Confused 1

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Bump.  :D

Odd, I don't recall the 99 Rams being shut out for a full half in the NFC title game.

Mahomes has evolved into a bright young star. But he may be doomed to live that Peyton Manning post season life 99-2005 until some of the glaring issues with the KC roster are addressed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Odd, I don't recall the 99 Rams being shut out for a full half in the NFC title game.

Mahomes has evolved into a bright young star. But he may be doomed to live that Peyton Manning post season life 99-2005 until some of the glaring issues with the KC roster are addressed.

You're right the 99 Rams in fact were not shut out in either half of their 11-6 NFC title game win.

What issues do you suppose KC needs to address?  No Hill.  Down to our 4th string RB already.  Starting LT is out.  Still lighting up the scoreboard.  Mahomes on Pace for 6000/60.  

20 minutes ago, Pat Mahomo said:

You're right the 99 Rams in fact were not shut out in either half of their 11-6 NFC title game win.

What issues do you suppose KC needs to address?  No Hill.  Down to our 4th string RB already.  Starting LT is out.  Still lighting up the scoreboard.  Mahomes on Pace for 6000/60.  

Oline across the board save for Schwartz. Secondary is suspect and the dline depth as well.    But the linebackers are better than I expected - just by watching that Ravens game was enough to see the improvement over last year.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Oline across the board save for Schwartz. Secondary is suspect and the dline depth as well.    But the linebackers are better than I expected - just by watching that Ravens game was enough to see the improvement over last year.

I AGREE completely about the O line.  Schwartz is good.  Fisher is adequate (took forever to just become adequate, but he's now adequate) the interior O line is junk.  Mahomes makes that bunch look better than they are.  I cringe whenever people or national media say "KC has a great O line!"  NO WE DON'T.  I think the secondary isn't all that great, but it's probably a little better than people think and they seem to be improving week to week in the new system.  The LBs are still not that good.  I would say that Hitchens in particular is a huge disappointment.  he's paid to be a stud and he is NOT one at all.  We got Darren Lee from the Jets for 6th....and he's been as advertised...good in coverage..not good VS the run.  At least he does something he's supposed to do.  Damien Wilson has been decent.  Hitchens being the bust he is, is holding the D as a whole back.  

Having said that....this years D is BETTER than last years.  KC doesn't need a great D...just an average one....I think we've attained "average".  It's not unreasonable at this point to expect 14-2, to 16-0.

The analogy to Peyton is a good one...

Unless Mahommes is willing to take a team friendly deal, it's very hard to see KC having the cap to build up every area they need to...

I know he has two more seasons on his rookie deal, plus tag years, but at the rate he is going he'll command $30mm+ on the open market.

40 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Was the decision to let Morse leave in FA simply a cap decision?

Mostly.  Health issues also.  I think they might have paid him if he had proven to be durable but he always spent long stretches injured...so combine that with a high cap number and they let him walk.  Good player when on the field.

13 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Didn't like Baker's presser today.  He just doesn't take criticism well.

But it's the same Baker we saw last year... defiant. It just plays differently in the light of a 1-2 record.

I did love his reply to Sexy Rexy's comments...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

But it's the same Baker we saw last year... defiant. It just plays differently in the light of a 1-2 record.

I did love his reply to Sexy Rexy's comments...

He was right. If you don’t wear brown and orange you don’t matter. And there was a reason that Ryan is not Wearing anyone’s colors. It’s because no one wants him coaching their team.

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Baker or Mahomes LOL

Baker or Brian Hoyer?

Please- don't over react. Mayfield is NOT the reason the Browns lost today. You're not going to beat a team like Seattle with a -3 turnover ratio. & tow of those interceptions were on catchable balls. Maybe you're expecting every pass to be perfect? 

Just now, hoorta said:

Please- don't over react. Mayfield is NOT the reason the Browns lost today. You're not going to beat a team like Seattle with a -3 turnover ratio. & tow of those interceptions were on catchable balls. Maybe you're expecting every pass to be perfect? 

Mayfield should be the reason we won this game.  The Browns took him with the first pick to overcome adversity not wallow in it.  It's a reaction to poor play, his and the teams.  I expect a franchise QB to fit it into windows, make multiple reads and lead his team but there is always week 7 in Foxboro....

1 minute ago, BaconHound said:

Mayfield should be the reason we won this game.  The Browns took him with the first pick to overcome adversity not wallow in it.  It's a reaction to poor play, his and the teams.  I expect a franchise QB to fit it into windows, make multiple reads and lead his team but there is always week 7 in Foxboro....

We had the ball with two minutes left, a couple time outs, Baker throws a pass that butter fingers has hit him in the hands, and it turns into  a gimme interception- game over. Get out of here with the weak shit that's somehow Baker's fault that his receivers are doing Braylon Edwards imitations. 

Just now, hoorta said:

We had the ball with two minutes left, a couple time outs, Baker throws a pass that butter fingers has hit him in the hands, and it turns into  a gimme interception- game over. Get out of here with the weak shit that's somehow Baker's fault that his receivers are doing Braylon Edwards imitations. 

If the ball was in front of him, as it should be, he goes for 15.  Yes it was a catchable ball but it was behind him, you did watch it correct?

11 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

If the ball was in front of him, as it should be, he goes for 15.  Yes it was a catchable ball but it was behind him, you did watch it correct?

It hit him in the hands- you catch that- period. 

EDIT: Someone is suffering from post loss depression, and let's blame Baker, Freddie, and everyone else. Play a clean game and we're going tobwin that game... 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It hit him in the hands- you catch that- period. 

You ever play football hoorta?

You ever run a slant? Ever try to catch a football while you are running your hardest in one direction but reaching BEHIND you to catch a ball probably going 70mph? 

Butterfingers? I'm thinking you Baker apologists all have butterfingers. Those butterfingers are making you guys hit "send" on some foolish posts defending his every move.